Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:04:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some donators are in default Trust list ?  (Read 4606 times)
/dev/null (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 04:49:23 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 05:59:02 PM by /dev/null

Why some vip donators are in default trust list and others not.?

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:24:52 PM

Is there a specific trust rating you are referring to?
/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:33:52 PM

No im not talking about trust rating I'm talking about "DefaultTrust"

Give me 1 reason why you deserve to be in "DefaultList".

elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:38:51 PM

just change the default trust by adding users names you want, i also couldn't quite understand why certain members were appearing the trust list.......  Roll Eyes
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:42:11 PM

This is a question I was asking myself : Why does Tradefortress have so many negative trustratings and everyone giving them is not even remotely affiliated with my trust list ? If he is scamming and extorting people  why are there no reputable members making negative comments ?

I know the answer to this questions , do you? Well, i will say it , you probably do but won't admit it. Because you are too busy hating. There i said it. Go dislike me. Now back to business.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:43:33 PM

just change the default trust by adding users names you want, i also couldn't quite understand why certain members were appearing the trust list.......  Roll Eyes

It's not about change it's about...why a guy who's identity isn't even public, involved in many illegal things is listed on default trust list, while some peoples like ciyam open and many others are not there.

Either remove him from Default trust or rename "DefaultTrust" to "Admin's Personal Trust".

/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:45:40 PM

This is a question I was asking myself : Why does Tradefortress have so many negative trustratings and everyone giving them is not even remotely affiliated with my trust list ? If he is scamming and extorting people  why are there no reputable members making negative comments ?

I know the answer to this questions , do you? Well, i will say it , you probably do but won't admit it. Because you are too busy hating. There i said. Go dislike me. Now back to business.

He's scamming peoples and extorting them?
lol i didn't even knew that, thanks for letting me know.

Oh btw i'm not hating him or anyone else. I'm just saying he should not be in Default Trust. That's it.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:46:14 PM

I'm not interested in discussing TF in isolation. I am curious how the entire list was devised Smiley
phantastisch
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:49:13 PM

I know the answer to this questions , do you? Well, i will say it , you probably do but won't admit it. Because you are too busy hating. There i said. Go dislike me. Now back to business.

Oh btw i'm not hating him or anyone else. I'm just saying he should not be in Default Trust. That's it.

Here is some inside knowledge : He probably isn't scamming and extorting people. He just attracted a herd of butthurt newbies with coinchat.

✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
DogtownHero

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

j-coin//just 4 cpu's

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:50:10 PM

glad to see i'm not the only one he's offended. this is starting to be a daily thing.

/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 05:55:38 PM

Here is some inside knowledge : He probably isn't scamming and extorting people. He just attracted a herd of butthurt newbies with coinchat.

Whatever you are saying has nothing to do with this thread or my question. I don't care what he does on his sites or this forum.

I'm saying IT'S NOT FAIR TO ADD HIM IN DEFAULT TRUST LIST without giving a reason why he's there.

If theymos likes him he should be in his TRUST LIST not Default one.

/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:00:48 PM

I have changed the title, i  thought he's the only donator in default trust list.

there is one more OgNasty.

phantastisch
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:40:06 PM

Whatever you are saying has nothing to do with this thread or my question. I don't care what he does on his sites or this forum.

I'm saying IT'S NOT FAIR TO ADD HIM IN DEFAULT TRUST LIST without giving a reason why he's there.

If theymos likes him he should be in his TRUST LIST not Default one.

Well , i'm in the DEFAULT TRUST LIST too, where is my Thread ?

✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:59:38 PM

No, you are not.

Theymos trusts you, but the default trust is one level up.

In the default trust are:

sirius
 theymos
 HostFat
 Maged
 OgNasty
 John (John K.)
 Tomatocage
 BadBear
 TradeFortress

all IMO trustworthy guys, but I also don't understand the criteria why they are in default trust.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:06:07 PM

as akka said you are not in default trust list,but if you were i wouldn't say anything because you are staff here.

/dev/null (OP)

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 08:07:38 PM

sirius
 theymos
 HostFat
 Maged
 OgNasty
 John (John K.)
 Tomatocage
 BadBear
 TradeFortress

All are either mod/staff/admin except these 2.

Tomatocage's case is different, he should be mod of scam accusation forum.

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:41:20 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 03:05:24 AM by Raize

The first thing most people should do is remove the Default Trust list and then just add the people they trust. For example. My trust list is based off of only people I've done business with directly. My non-trusting people are folks My negative feedback is used for folks who owe me and will never repay. I'm also considering putting people in my untrusted list leaving negative feedback for folks that I can actually prove have defrauded others.

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:43:18 PM

The first thing most people should do is remove the Default Trust list and then just add the people they trust. For example. My trust list is based off of only people I've done business with directly. My non-trusting people are folks who owe me and will never repay. I'm also considering putting people in my untrusted list that I can actually prove have defrauded others.

There's an untrusted list?
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 09:53:44 PM

Of course. I have removed the default trust as well, but I have added most of the guys in the list above to my trust list.

Also it makes sense to give a trust rating if you had a successful (or unsuccessful) deal with someone, but the trust list is different that's whos feedback on other people you trust, if you only trusting the feedback of people you delt with doesn't make give enough information IMO.

Also it makes sense to have a default trust list, so new members see good and bad ratings from trustworthy members from the start. Without needing to know all the "special functions" of this forum right away.

I'm just wondering what criteria gets someone into default trust.

IMO a good way would be to handle it like the ignore button. People that are trusted by a significant amount of forum members could move to default trust automatically. To counter sock-puppet trust, this could be based on activity. For Example: Members that are in the trust list of at least a sum of 5000 Activity Points move to default trust.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 27, 2013, 03:03:25 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2013, 03:15:27 AM by Raize

There's an untrusted list?

Sorry, I guess I stated this incorrectly. I guess what I meant was I have given negative feedback on one individual whose debt I covered while trying to fix a BTC-E account restoration for him and who ended up running away with the Bitcoin. He ended up being basically a 16-year-old kid. My bad, I guess. I only lost 22.5 BTC, and we both learned a lesson from it.

There's basically 4 major parts to trust that everyone should know:

1) Trust List + Trust Depth: For me, I only put people that I have had a personal trade with in Bitcoins in my Trust List. Regardless of how I feel about someone's trustworthiness, I wouldn't feel comfortable putting them in my own Trust List unless I've done an actual deal with them. The Trust List itself will show ratings of people you've dealt with, plus the ratings of the next level or two based on the factor of "Trust Depth". By default, it contains a list of users that, presumably, theymos trusts, but only comes with 2 Trust Depth. You should increase this Trust Depth to 3 to see more how Trust works and why it can be powerful. As others have stated, two of those users themselves have questionable rapport with the community as a whole, but for the most part, the list kind of serves as a basis for something that users can reasonably rely on anyway.

The next few points can be viewed for my own user account here

2) Trusted feedback: This is your own trusted feedback, as received by another user. If it's positive, it's black, if it is negative, it's red. Here I presently see that I have one trusted feedback from serp, who I bought physical Bitcoin from. You can have both positive and negative feedback.

3) Untrusted feedback: This is your own feedback again, but from users you do not trust or do not yet trust. Again, positive is black, negative is red. I think that if you look at my feedback list, you'll see serp as "Untrusted feedback", likely because he's not in the default trust.

4) Sent feedback: This is the trust reviews of the user you are currently viewing. Here on my page you'll see I have an unspecified BTC positive trust for Keefe, who helped a lot of us purchase our first BTC back in the early days. I also, like many others, had positive dealings with Casascius early on. This is also where I have my one negative rating for another user.

If there's only one thing I'd implore everyone to do, it'd be to start giving feedback and to add folks to your trust list that you trust. The more of us that use it, the more valuable it becomes, and the less we'll have to worry about scammers. The only problem with the trust system is that it requires you to do most of the work yourself, you're not going to necessarily be rewarded for giving others ratings, but it seems quite silly to NOT use this system if we have it.

Once enough people are using it, the need for a "Default Trust" will go away and be replaced by trust systems whereby folks you already know and trust are basically automatically telling you who they trust without having to independently communicate it. You can even tweak the Trust Depth to be high or low accordingly. It's actually quite powerful for something so simple.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: