Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:48:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN][SUB1X| 🚀The Lowest Supply Masternode Coin🚀 | 500%+ APR | Zerocoin ★  (Read 14226 times)
ebetda

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:40:27 PM

Swaps can't be processed yet for a couple of reasons.

1) There is 600 or so missing coins. We currently have a premine of 11800, but the main wallet only has 11200. These coins need to be accounted for before starting the swap.
2) The block explorer and snapshot are displaying the wrong balances. In addition to this, there are clear discrepancies between the information found in the snapshot and block explorer. As there are 3 wallet versions running, at some point one of these versions forked, which ended up distorting the figures. Remapper has been unable to find a solution for either issue. We'll have to see how things progress from here.

My advice is to keep your old SUB1X wallet.dat backed up because it may be required in the future. Do not send your coins to the swap address until the above issues are solved. For all people that have sent, we have your details so there is no need to worry.

I know it is impossible to make everybody happy and I might miss something, but this is my tuppence:
Would simply cancelling the swap and continuing with the existing blockchain be the least evil in this situation?

I have no doubt that both willdono and Remapper are great devs who proved they work hard to resolve the issues and they know better what to do. However, instead of adding value to the project a lot of resources has to be spent now on fixing stuff that might be less important compared to development & promotion of the project itself (paying additional attention to reduce the risk of this issue happening again). Maybe, it is the time to ask community who understand the situation for help?

Advantages of cancelling the swap:
- Dev time can be fully allocated to the project core improvement, so much faster progress and raising value of the project for the benefit of everybody. No need to spend a lot of time to achieve ideal resolution of this problem which seems to be quite difficult.
- Trading can be resumed. As of today, the coin/project market value is nearly zero. And it will be like this for quite some time if continuing to pursue the ideal solution via numerous coin swaps and making all the community to closely follow the updates in many different channgels and do a lot of manual work associated with swapping coins.
- I believe it is much more comfortable for majority to keep the coins they have instead of swapping them especially in a manual way.

Disadvantages of cancelling the swap:
- Somebody already sent their coins for swapping - they can be returned back. It is likely that only minority of coin holders are affected. Only a few days of staking are lost for now, so not a big deal. Also, community may help here by e.g. donating to those suffered
- A person(s) probably responsible for stolen coins have benefit from this. First of all, you cannot guarantee they have not already dumped most of these stolen coins, second - it is 5% of coins supply of so if I understand correctly - that is not a big deal for an average coin holder, and finally - life is not fair, it is impossible to make everybody happy, but it would be optimal to look at all this from the point of view of an average holder who loses much more from the project stoppage rather than from void personal satisfaction of punishing the hacker. Instead of this I would rather concentrate on adding value for the whole community.

On a separate note - even if additional 600 coins or so are required, I think more coins have actually been mined on the current chain over the last 2-3 weeks. Some part can be donated by community to compensate those who lost coins (I personally would be happy to participate). I just believe that trying to solve somehow issues for minority is better and much easier achievable than putting the whole project at risk and placing majority in a difficult situation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
willdono (OP)

Activity: 260
Merit: 217

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:09:33 PM

I am now declaring the swap form safe to fill out and the old SUB1X safe to send again. The majority of new coins have been recovered. All of the coins that have already been sent will be processed for swapping next week. It would be sooner, but Mightyman is on holiday.

The original plan was to swap using the snapshot, however, the chain forked at some point in time, making it impossible to track funds. As a result of this, there is no choice but to swap without looking at previous transaction history.

The CryptoBridge situation remains unchanged, with all coins going through an auto swapping process. This will take place after the manual swaps have finished.

For those of you asking about Remapper, he has left on his own accord and does not plan to make any further developments on the project.
Veter2000

Activity: 1512
Merit: 306

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:54:53 PM

I am now declaring the swap form safe to fill out and the old SUB1X safe to send again. The majority of new coins have been recovered. All of the coins that have already been sent will be processed for swapping next week. It would be sooner, but Mightyman is on holiday.

The original plan was to swap using the snapshot, however, the chain forked at some point in time, making it impossible to track funds. As a result of this, there is no choice but to swap without looking at previous transaction history.

The CryptoBridge situation remains unchanged, with all coins going through an auto swapping process. This will take place after the manual swaps have finished.

For those of you asking about Remapper, he has left on his own accord and does not plan to make any further developments on the project.

It's good that there is a solution to the problem. I hope the exchange will go smoothly. I sent SUB1X to exchange one of the first, I will wait for the receipt next week.
Klaud07

Activity: 518
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:04:40 PM

It should be indicated that the remapper was not part of the Sub1x team, he did the work for BTC, which in my opinion is not high quality, so here I do not see anything negative.
Guardsman

Activity: 574
Merit: 117

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 10:06:37 AM

I very much hope that the project will finally come to life and continue its development. I really want to believe that the forecasts for the brilliant future of this project were not empty words! Good luck to the development team and patience to investors!
P.S. I also sent my coins among the first. By the way, I had a certain problem there and I sent you a letter to tech support. I hope that you took my question for a note and I will receive my coins.
willdono (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 12:58:13 PM

The swap is ending in 11 days.

Here is the form that needs to be filled out, if you missed it - https://sub1x.org/swapuser2/submitswap
ligor

Activity: 1246
Merit: 138

Hodl DeepOnion

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 01:20:34 PM

Here is the form that needs to be filled out, if you missed it - https://sub1x.org/swapuser2/submitswap
I did not get an answer to my question, which I asked several times before. How many coins should I send and how much will I get for them?

willdono (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:20:39 PM

I did not get an answer to my question, which I asked several times before. How many coins should I send and how much will I get for them?

Send all of the coins from your wallet.  It will be swapped 1:1, so same amount of coins.
ebetda

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:27:51 PM

When I click on this swap form to be filled several times the swap address changes every time to a new one. Is it expected? What is the purpose of sending old coins to a random address Smiley
willdono (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:38:40 PM

When I click on this swap form to be filled several times the swap address changes every time to a new one. Is it expected? What is the purpose of sending old coins to a random address Smiley

This is normal and has been done to prevent the system getting exploited.
ebetda

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:41:59 PM

This is normal and has been done to prevent the system getting exploited.

Cool, thanks for confirmation. Also, should I first move all old coins from my multiple addresses into a single address and only then send them altogether to the swap address?
vrana

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:27:56 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2018, 05:17:33 PM by vrana

Dev,

Just need clarification. This is second swap and first swap was few months ago. I have swapped few months ago.
And this is second swap I have to swap again. My old wallet is SUB1X Core version v1.0.0.8-Release  and I have installed new wallet zSub1x Core version v1.1.1.0-unk.

So I need to swap my SUB1X from (old wallet is SUB1X Core version v1.0.0.8-Release)  to new wallet address (Sub1x Core version v1.1.1.0-unk).

Am I right ?
guillzini

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 06:19:00 PM

On the form it says Old SUB1X address (this is the address that contained your coins before the 26th of January).

What about the translation bounties you sent after that? How do we swap those?
Klaud07

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 07:12:24 PM

Dev,

Just need clarification. This is second swap and first swap was few months ago. I have swapped few months ago.
And this is second swap I have to swap again. My old wallet is SUB1X Core version v1.0.0.8-Release  and I have installed new wallet zSub1x Core version v1.1.1.0-unk.

So I need to swap my SUB1X from (old wallet is SUB1X Core version v1.0.0.8-Release)  to new wallet address (Sub1x Core version v1.1.1.0-unk).

Am I right ?

I'm not a Dev but yes, that's right, we are moving to a new chain, you correctly described the instruction to the action. I hope that all difficulties have been overcome...
gradegal

Activity: 133
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 08:48:59 PM

sorry, if this is answered already. but I sent the coins to swap one week ago and didn't receive any zSUB1x - what's the matter?
Klaud07

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 09:56:52 PM

sorry, if this is answered already. but I sent the coins to swap one week ago and didn't receive any zSUB1x - what's the matter?

Mightyman is responsible for the swap and he is on vacation, so as far I understand, the coins will be next week. So just wait, you do not need anything else.
muvie

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 11:26:17 PM

How long is it possible to swap the tokens?

And will the wallets which are still staking lose their rewards since the announcement of the swap?
vrana

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 05:13:59 AM

Dev,

Am I right ?

I'm not a Dev but yes, that's right, we are moving to a new chain, you correctly described the instruction to the action. I hope that all difficulties have been overcome...

Thanks for reply, I have sent coins for swap.
Münzpräger

Activity: 1596
Merit: 362

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 01:15:58 PM

Mightyman is responsible for the swap and he is on vacation, so as far I understand, the coins will be next week. So just wait, you do not need anything else.

I really hope you are mistaken because if that were true it would be laughable mismanagement.  Cheesy
mrsray

Activity: 277

I ❤ Mastern✿des

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2018, 04:39:24 PM

I really hope you are mistaken because if that were true it would be laughable mismanagement.  Cheesy

not mistaken, this project could be so good if it wasn't for the laughable mismanagement, which is why there are non stop complicated issues ...a skilled team would make this coin take off and would work it instead of always on vacation or enjoying the weekends

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

●●    ●●
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: