Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 07:26:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: advice for multiple gain  (Read 215 times)
Evanston45 (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 02:50:18 PM

I'm looking to invest another $1000 with the plan to hold 1-2 years. I'm torn between "solid" performers like DASH, but don't see a 50x return given its already at $1500 vs Verge who is at 12 cents or some other coin valued under 50 cents like Stellar. Since altcoin value is not like the stock market where value can't go multiply without actual growth of the company and increased EBITA etc, I've seen some coins like DOGE go crazy without solid explanation. Any thoughts on this dilemma? To get the most profit (and willing to take risk of loosing) for 1 - 2 year hold, what would you do?
Vit83

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 03:07:48 PM

I prefer to be in BTC on this stage of market or USD. Alts are crazy now and IMHO they need a good correction now. And I think it will be before Cristmas. I dont want to buy overpumped coins now. That is only my IMHO. So u can find something interesting. For example, u can try to find something in low cap ICO's with hard cap.

deloreswest

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:10:33 PM

my advice is be patient investing. pick a good coin to invest in and hold it for a month or more. im sure you will receive a profit somehow

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:17:31 PM

Usually ICOs are the ones with the most potential to provide astronomical returns.
Since you plan to hold for at least a year, look for a solid project with good use case and invest into it.
The highest return goes to the patient holder.

tanoe

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:36:11 PM

I thought for a long time, you need a massive coin and have lasted a long time. likely BTC or ETH. without underestimating on altcoins,
but we all know if altcoins are very volatile, and also it's about 1-2 years ahead. very risky when we invest in stocks that are volatile. right ?
Evanston45 (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:39:29 PM

Usually ICOs are the ones with the most potential to provide astronomical returns.
Since you plan to hold for at least a year, look for a solid project with good use case and invest into it.
The highest return goes to the patient holder.
Unfortunately in my country, we are not allowed to participate in an ico, so that’s not possible
ActMiner

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 03:59:41 PM

I think that one of the most promising and trusted coin to invest is ETH, but as its price is rather high, you can choose something like NEM, Ripple or Waves.
cryptopussies

Activity: 196

HEXCASH - Decentralized Fun

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:01:21 PM

I'm looking to invest another $1000 with the plan to hold 1-2 years. I'm torn between "solid" performers like DASH, but don't see a 50x return given its already at $1500 vs Verge who is at 12 cents or some other coin valued under 50 cents like Stellar. Since altcoin value is not like the stock market where value can't go multiply without actual growth of the company and increased EBITA etc, I've seen some coins like DOGE go crazy without solid explanation. Any thoughts on this dilemma? To get the most profit (and willing to take risk of loosing) for 1 - 2 year hold, what would you do?

XRP and the new beast ADA has a lot to offer,2018 will be alts year thats why i am holding mroe alts than BTCs.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
TedNarrative

Activity: 39

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:04:36 PM

I really like NEO as a short-term and long-term play.  First off, it has many competitive advantages over Ethereum - quantum resistance, faster processing times, support for more programming languages, to name a few. And with a market cap of only $5 billion, it's relatively cheap compared to its competitors. If it even gets the Chinese governments formal blessing, it will explode. 

Not investment advice, here. mind you. Just telling you what I personally think at the moment.
BitProNews

Activity: 376
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:08:59 PM

01 to 03 years of hodl is a best period to stock bitcoin as a small wealth also ethereum and ripple. If you have enough invested in them then you can choose from a great list of new altcoins added everyday to the market with a huge potentials.
billyj111

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:10:36 PM

You need to pay attention not to cheap coins and to prospective coins in which there small capitalization.

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
legoplayer245

Activity: 50

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:11:41 PM

I don't see an investment from 1000$ going to make a huge profit unless you purchase doge and the price hit the moon, in a fact you should try to earn on margin before holding for that long.
jaggijagjit

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2017, 04:24:23 PM

If your vision for 1-2 years then you go with pura and ripple. These coins have good potential to grow and gives you high returns in lo g term.

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:26:15 PM

this thread is what you need.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2479595.200

jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:46:54 PM

Many altcoins are not stable value in market. It will raise, fall or fluctuation these three things are happens in the market. If you want to invest 1-2 year in cryptocurrency. I prefer Neo and Ethereum these two coins are stable increment in continuously. So these coins are I trusted Neo coins successfully completed and Ethereum is one of the best cryptocurrency both the coins are good future in crypto market.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:51:53 PM

If you want to invest that amount in a long term you can choose any of these coin either bitcoin, ethereum and Waves this for sure will grow after that period of time more than 100%.
kripto para

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:54:33 PM

your plan is considered long term because 1-2 years is a lot for this business. i think you should check top 20 or 50 coins but and invest only that have plan for long term. for example check out neo and komodo, waves and ethereum. you can't lose money with these in long term. most coins will fall but these will stay relevant.
sobriket

Activity: 144

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 04:58:20 PM

Yeah i also think that one or two years is a lot, take in consideration that a lot of altcoins could disappear and you are just going to lose all your money. Put your money on bitcoin on ethereum, you wont regret about that.
man1975asc

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 05:00:33 PM

I can suggest to invest in XZC (ZCoin) It is privacy oriented blockchain and I think will do x20 during 2018.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 07:34:49 PM

my advice is be patient investing. pick a good coin to invest in and hold it for a month or more. im sure you will receive a profit somehow
Yeah, patience is needed. First rule is not to be a FOMO and get into any coin when it is pumping. I would rather wait once I have missed the moment and look for another undervalued coin to invest in, knowing that there is at least a possibility of getting something tangible from it and even if the market gets up and come back down, I still have my investment intact than buying at the peak.

The last dump of alts was the perfect timing and anyone who missed them already missed something good.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: