Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:31:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do most Bitcoiners seem intelligent?  (Read 10719 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 12:31:50 PM

I do not agree with him at all I am simply against putting people down.

Then simply say so in the first place.  No need to make a baseless IQ to politeness assumption and insult our intelligence.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RationalSpeculator

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:55:28 PM

Looking down on this planet, you observe that all over the earth, smokestacks volcanos are pouring carbon dioxide and toxic chemicals into the air.

There Mr. ManBearPig, I fixed it for you.  Wink

'It' being your anti-industrial, neo-primitive, faith-based, anthropomorphisizing, scientifically illiterate fucktard BS.

Isn't putting people down typical of people who are not intelligent?

I think you are right. People that put other people down have little empathy and are likely frustrated and unhappy.

I would agree that empathy is a form of intelligence. 

Mostly children lose empathic capacity and put other children down, when they themselves are being abused/neglected/mistreated. 

I've been like that Sad

Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 03:25:47 PM

Can't rebut the message?  Attack the messenger by implying they "are not intelligent" because they insulted someone

Oh, the irony! It hurts!
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 04:21:28 PM

I think you are right. People that put other people down have little empathy and are likely frustrated and unhappy.

I would agree that empathy is a form of intelligence.  

Mostly children lose empathic capacity and put other children down, when they themselves are being abused/neglected/mistreated.  

I've been like that Sad

Ahhh yes!  Let's indulge in the slouchy trend of declaring all human activities "forms of intelligence" until the word's meaning has been diluted into subjective meaninglessness.  If it massages your ego, do it, right?

dumb jock?  No!  Genius level athletic intelligence.
gullible Al Gore mark?  No! High environmental intelligence.
crappy debater?  No.  Empathetic intelligence.

Congrats, you have a special gift of being able to make up, I mean discover, new kinds of intelligence.

Such a precious snowflake, and such high intelligence intelligence.  AKA bullshit intelligence.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 04:30:03 PM

Can't rebut the message?  Attack the messenger by implying they "are not intelligent" because they insulted someone

Oh, the irony! It hurts!

Am I being condescended to by a furry, in the name of demonstrating the value of manners?

That's like the fourth time this week.  How do I pry these pervy freaks off my nuts?   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 04:35:25 PM

Can't rebut the message?  Attack the messenger by implying they "are not intelligent" because they insulted someone

Oh, the irony! It hurts!

Am I being condescended to by a furry, in the name of demonstrating the value of manners?

That's like the fourth time this week.  How do I pry these pervy freaks off my nuts?   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

I dont know why you feel the need to be so rude but trust me you have far more cause to be embarrassed than rassah. Thats quite enough of out of you. ignored.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:06:18 PM

Oh, the irony! It hurts!

That's like the fourth time this week.  How do I pry these pervy freaks off my nuts?   Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Wow, you're the personification of the perfect prejudiced asshole. When you lose an argument with a black man I bet you resort to calling him a nigger, a gay man a fag and an Asian man a chink. You wouldn't happen to be MysteryMiners brother would you?

mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:15:17 PM

Looking down on this planet, you observe that all over the earth, smokestacks volcanos are pouring carbon dioxide and toxic chemicals into the air.

There Mr. ManBearPig, I fixed it for you.  Wink

'It' being your anti-industrial, neo-primitive, faith-based, anthropomorphisizing, scientifically illiterate fucktard BS.

Isn't putting people down typical of people who are not intelligent?

No, it's done by people of all IQ. You should know this.
SatoshiDICE_Kat

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 06:19:32 PM

Great thread - it's my experience as well that the bitcoin community at large has a higher level of intelligence, and most importantly, a better sense of awareness.  Why?  This is fringe community, it's not a place for the sheeple to congregate.  To jump into something revolutionary and outside the norm, it either takes courage, anger, or smarts.  Or all three.  As a rule, those that dare to help create new systems for others to follow are smart enough to see the big picture, and to conceive of ways of doing things that improve upon what already exists.  Bitcoin is a community of leaders, for the most part (at least for the time being), and those folks tend to take a high IQ with them as they lead the charge.  It's one of my favorite aspects of this group - we think for ourselves, overall, and it's a beautiful thing.   Grin
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 06:47:37 PM

Oh, the irony! It hurts!

I'm not being condescending. I'm just pointing out that you quite literally said that when someone can't rebut the message, they attack the messenger, except that you were the first one to attack them. It's like the Inception of attacking the messenger due to not being able to rebut the message  Grin
J603

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 06:55:24 PM

Great thread - it's my experience as well that the bitcoin community at large has a higher level of intelligence, and most importantly, a better sense of awareness.  Why?  This is fringe community, it's not a place for the sheeple to congregate.  To jump into something revolutionary and outside the norm, it either takes courage, anger, or smarts.  Or all three.  As a rule, those that dare to help create new systems for others to follow are smart enough to see the big picture, and to conceive of ways of doing things that improve upon what already exists.  Bitcoin is a community of leaders, for the most part (at least for the time being), and those folks tend to take a high IQ with them as they lead the charge.  It's one of my favorite aspects of this group - we think for ourselves, overall, and it's a beautiful thing.   Grin

madmadmax (OP)

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 07:58:12 PM

For some reason when you open a thread about intelligent people it immediately attracts all the trolls/stupid people.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 08:12:32 PM

'i'll suck yo dick'  Cheesy
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:18:52 PM

Well, I didn't expect that one.

vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 06:51:24 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242494.0
artiqvae

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:10:45 AM

because most unintelligent people wouldn't even know how to buy them.
madmadmax (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:18:45 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242494.0

Top lewl thx for the link

Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:31:30 AM

When I give a peek to 4chans /pol or reddit, facebook, twitter, pretty much any big community and/or social network people seem to be so ignorant and willing to voice their ignorance whereas in communities such as Bitcointalk (and a couple others which I shall not name) people are able to put together logical arguments, have discussions and view the current events without the glasses with a thick layer of crappy propaganda on them?

Seems that you rarely stumble upon ignorant fools on here.

It depends on where in the forum you go. There are a lot of paranoid conspiracy theorists on this forum.
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:32:50 AM

Why won't this thread just die...?  Roll Eyes
madmadmax (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:15:09 AM

When I give a peek to 4chans /pol or reddit, facebook, twitter, pretty much any big community and/or social network people seem to be so ignorant and willing to voice their ignorance whereas in communities such as Bitcointalk (and a couple others which I shall not name) people are able to put together logical arguments, have discussions and view the current events without the glasses with a thick layer of crappy propaganda on them?

Seems that you rarely stumble upon ignorant fools on here.

It depends on where in the forum you go. There are a lot of paranoid conspiracy theorists on this forum.

It's not paranoia if it's really happening  Wink

Decentralized Oracle