Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 08:14:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin fees will NEVER come down  (Read 1066 times)
treer123 (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:05:00 AM

think about it if you were a miner, and have learnt that you can charge XXX for transaction why would you be happy to again charge just one X?
It is certain the more popular coins will increase costs to catch up with bitcoin, as opposed to bitcoin lowering .
Developers are already being pressured to behave in ways that I dare not repeat.
leonora galvan

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:23:06 AM

think about it if you were a miner, and have learnt that you can charge XXX for transaction why would you be happy to again charge just one X?
It is certain the more popular coins will increase costs to catch up with bitcoin, as opposed to bitcoin lowering .
Developers are already being pressured to behave in ways that I dare not repeat.
yes.. as i heard in many bitcoin users bitcoin fees will never go down it will become higher and higher so if you want to have a good success you have to earn more bitcoin now for better..
creative-raju33

Activity: 137

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:28:14 AM

In the new era of civilization the bitcoin fees will never come down in a section of trading or other purpose where the bitcoin value is much importent for the  future development for anyone.
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:38:27 AM

This is just how the world works. Bitcoin became a "Store of Value" Rather than a "Way of transacting" now. They have a choice to increase the block size for transactions to be faster, but they never did. Well, I guess you better find another coin if you want faster transactions.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:44:52 AM

It's an interesting possibility, but unless no one but fat cats piles in I don't think this particular fee situation will be tolerated for eternity.

I use BTC a fair bit for buying stuff. If it remained this impractical a reasonable chunk would head to a currency that was actually usable. If enough people do that, and there aren't actually very many who do spend with it, then it would be felt in the miner's pocket book sooner and later would look pretty messy.
1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:45:37 AM

This is just how the world works. Bitcoin became a "Store of Value" Rather than a "Way of transacting" now. They have a choice to increase the block size for transactions to be faster, but they never did. Well, I guess you better find another coin if you want faster transactions.

Actually it was done, the new BTC is BCH and it is fast and has cheap transactions.

Everyone with BTC before the fork was given equal value in BCH in wallets, so now the choice is yours, use BCH to move smalls transactions fast and cheap and use BTC for storage of wealth or sell off BTC and go balls deep into BCH.

I have both but my coins are all BCH, and a nice amount of BTC was liquidated into BCH and even a few new coins, there's a short term window to make boats loads of money in alt currency, but long run IMO BTC and BCH are the only coins that will be of value 5+ years, in the meantime it's all good.

MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:46:12 AM

Still need to be able to transact for it to work as a store of value..

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:47:04 AM

Everyone with BTC before the fork was given equal value in BCH in wallets, so now the choice is yours, use BCH to move smalls transactions fast and cheap and use BTC for storage of wealth or sell off BTC and go balls deep into BCH.

I have both but my coins are all BCH, and a nice amount of BTC was liquidated into BCH and even a few new coins, there's a short term window to make boats loads of money in alt currency, but long run IMO BTC and BCH are the only coins that will be of value 5+ years, in the meantime it's all good.

That was now nearly half a year ago. The BCH advocates telling BTC holders that they have nothing to lose if it flips are now leaving out a shit ton of people who arrived since.
MoonIsBlue

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:47:34 AM

Actually it was done, the new BTC is BCH and it is fast and has cheap transactions.

Same shit differnt name. I came in mid august so no, I didn't get any BCH ..

Beefcake

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:50:35 AM

I don't know, fees should fluctuate with volume right?  Currently we are seeing mass adoption so its no surprise that the network is overloaded.  Unless someone is spamming again, like what bitmain did before for political reasons.  But with the surge of interest, and availability of good alt coins, no one would be stupid enough to encourage people to flee to other coins would they?   Who knows, it takes all kinds I guess.
1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:58:01 AM

Well you are very late to the party and while the long term outlook for BTC is still good according to most with vested financial reasons to stay bullish, the reality is BCH is doing what BTC was designed to do in the original white paper of Sataoshi, do virtual low dollar transactions for almost nothing quickly, somehow TPTB that run the core forgot what the original paper stated was the goal, inexpensive virtual transactions for inexpensive things.

Some where from 2008 until now that direction WAS LOST until the fork happened, now we have a new Bitcoin on track with the original intent of the white paper, and everyone before August with BTC has equal coins in BCH, some dumped it early and many are holding some pretty bright pioneers are dumping BTC and saying their future will be BCH, others say the only path is BTC.

I like the idea of two coins, one for fast cheap transactions and one for store value.

Both are holds for the next few years IMO.

After 2020, who knows.

MoonIsBlue

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:10:00 AM

Well you are very late to the party and while the long term outlook for BTC is still good according to most with vested financial reasons to stay bullish, the reality is BCH is doing what BTC was designed to do in the original white paper of Sataoshi, do virtual low dollar transactions for almost nothing quickly, somehow TPTB that run the core forgot what the original paper stated was the goal, inexpensive virtual transactions for inexpensive things.

Some where from 2008 until now that direction WAS LOST until the fork happened, now we have a new Bitcoin on track with the original intent of the white paper, and everyone before August with BTC has equal coins in BCH, some dumped it early and many are holding some pretty bright pioneers are dumping BTC and saying their future will be BCH, others say the only path is BTC.

I like the idea of two coins, one for fast cheap transactions and one for store value.

Both are holds for the next few years IMO.

After 2020, who knows.

Sure BCH is probably a good investment, but if you're talking about a purely p2p cash system then BCH already failed because people are holding it instead of spending it.
You're talking about investing not what can I pay with properly and there BCH takes the coffee but it doesn't get used for that.

ismart1

Activity: 1008
Merit: 127

Make a difference, make it better.

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 01:10:29 AM

When come to greedy all human fell prey to it. Of course that the fee won´t go up forever but they will be stable enough to prevent bitcoin become a small transaction mainstream, other coins will have to do the job as bitcoin becomes more store of value and high transaction. This fact also may probably halt its growing power stabilizing the price as other coins with a faster transaction and lower fees become more popular and mainstream. There is also the danger of migration of power of mining to other popular coins which might affect the price of bitcoin down the road.

imusify    Award-Winning Blockchain Music Platform    Presale starts March 1
Discord Product Demo O3 Wallet  ::  Get Whitelisted 
Whitepaper    ANNFacebookTwitterTelegramRedditMediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN    Explainer Video
Thermatic

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:11:19 AM

What happens if devs increase the block size? Won't it cause the transaction price to drop?
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:16:28 AM

it will never come down as long as bitcoin is still on 20 to 19 thousand level.  that is why it is not really recomended to use bitcoin on a regular basis if your only going to use it to spam the network with lower transaction fees , however some people these days are now using other coins as alternative to bitcoin when sending payments such a litecoin and bitcoincash because these alts are indeed much better and faster plus it doesnt requires you pay expensive fee for every transaction.

What happens if devs increase the block size? Won't it cause the transaction price to drop?

transactions will be much faster and wont be congested anymore. itll also help to lessen the transaction fee.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:27:43 AM

Miners don't decide the fees. They only accept the highest available. Should the backlog be cleared, there should be no reason for people to start a bidding war. Things are only like this because people are fighting for priority.

I don't know about other coins catching up. It's certainly a possibility, but I seriously doubt it. Bitcoin is popular because it's a good store of value. That hasn't really changed.

Newboybb

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:04:16 AM

I don't agree with you. I think the fee for bitcoin will fall sharply in one year. It could be expansion or other solutions.

dewi91

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:23:07 AM

yes it is true.. I checked bitcoin fees everyday and transaction fees continue to increase even bitcoin price go down.. until now I left my bitcoin in blockchain and I don't know when I can withdraw my bitcoin..
thecodebear

Activity: 2156
Merit: 825

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:27:09 AM

Well of course they will come down, just as long as Bitcoin Core does a simple block size upgrade. And blockchain and coinbase adding segwit will also help some. LN of course will make small payments and micropayments possible, and that will hopefully be here in 2018. But in the meantime the question is when the hell is Bitcoin Core going to increase the blocksize?!? I'm starting to get afraid they won't ever, even though that's the simple, obvious, and immediate solution to bring fees back down from like $15 to 15 cents.
Sunyoto

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:28:45 AM

if you deal with low fees you will be confirmed to take longer time, and you will lose a little chance. With higher transaction costs will get faster komfirmasi, and you will get faster luck, with the high cost is already comparable with the current price this, so we do not matter if the high cost, seen bitcoin prices are also high.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: