Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 09:44:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GAS Coin is now dead. r3wt snuck in a premine and scammed the community  (Read 15863 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Badman0316

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 03:55:56 PM

all opharn?
wtf
my block was confirm
still no coin?

bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 04:32:13 PM

Much as I hate to say this, but I think someone is trying to cause this coin to fail.  At 8:28am local time I stopped receive block rewards until 09:29 where they heppily resumed until 09:48.  Nothing at all while my miner showed share after share being submitted until 11:06am where 24 blocks in a row get solved, 12 of them apparently by me (3+ GAS reward each).  At 11:30 everything seems to be back to normal (but for how long?)

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
GAS Coin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 04:38:45 PM

Much as I hate to say this, but I think someone is trying to cause this coin to fail.  At 8:28am local time I stopped receive block rewards until 09:29 where they heppily resumed until 09:48.  Nothing at all while my miner showed share after share being submitted until 11:06am where 24 blocks in a row get solved, 12 of them apparently by me (3+ GAS reward each).  At 11:30 everything seems to be back to normal (but for how long?)

If you were on the pool, there appears to have been payment issues for a little bit while the client upgrade was ongoing. All seems to be working well now, though
tom99

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:08:25 PM

I couldnt download later file and got 404.
GAS Coin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:21:52 PM

I couldnt download later file and got 404.

What are you having trouble with? Both the Windows-QT and Source are on google drive
tom99

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 05:31:26 PM

I counldn't download Windows-QT file and I got Not found errorr of 404.
justin7674

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 06:54:42 PM

I am sorry about what happened. The transition was supposed to take place after 10 hours when I did the math. What happened was the network got 51% by the old clients. I am going to upload the old chain for anyone who is having troubles getting back on it. I am also assuming that someone timetraveled the network because there is no checkpoint that kept them from doing so.
emunebtk

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:46:04 PM

updated and now cannot connect in qt and lost my 8 and something GAScoins as well as mined for many hours past 7am today but yet funds stopped moving into wallet from the pool..hmmm

Error states: Displayed Transactions may not be correct. You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade?

is their an updated .conf file we should be using? have these two nodes :

addnode=95.87.223.10
addnode=173.216.107.57
apbyte

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 07:47:26 PM

You should start over, there is so much going back and forth that coin is basically destroyed.
I have downloaded many times, older, newer, even newer version, file names, conf file names are changing all the time.

Pool died, then went back and now it seems to be doing payouts for most people based on old block payout total. (It is giving me 0.00x coins, with current 3+ payout for block it doesn't seem right, as I was getting 0.00x when blockes were 0.064

On pool page, only few addresses appear in payout list, and I am not in that list (although I receive small payouts)

Which is all very strange because I have tons of full blocks when I am connected to pool

When I do solo mining, I get tons of blocks, but 80% rejects, 20% accepts, when I look in wallet "Transactions" only 5% are there, they stay with "?" symbol and later disappear.

You should either fix everything and relaunch coin, or put up information on first page to let people know what to do to make things right and which full zip to download. Probably you need to tell them to delete everything except wallet before trying again.

Client is acting weird too ... when it catches up and shows few seconds since last block all is fine, it constanly gets info on new blocks ... then at some moment it suddenly shows - last block 1 h ago and downloads something like 600 other blocks.

I think whole network is damaged and you need to fix this now with red messages on front page of this topic.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 08:05:14 PM

You should start over, there is so much going back and forth that coin is basically destroyed.
I have downloaded many times, older, newer, even newer version, file names, conf file names are changing all the time.

Pool died, then went back and now it seems to be doing payouts for most people based on old block payout total. (It is giving me 0.00x coins, with current 3+ payout for block it doesn't seem right, as I was getting 0.00x when blockes were 0.064

On pool page, only few addresses appear in payout list, and I am not in that list (although I receive small payouts)

Which is all very strange because I have tons of full blocks when I am connected to pool

When I do solo mining, I get tons of blocks, but 80% rejects, 20% accepts, when I look in wallet "Transactions" only 5% are there, they stay with "?" symbol and later disappear.

You should either fix everything and relaunch coin, or put up information on first page to let people know what to do to make things right and which full zip to download. Probably you need to tell them to delete everything except wallet before trying again.

Client is acting weird too ... when it catches up and shows few seconds since last block all is fine, it constanly gets info on new blocks ... then at some moment it suddenly shows - last block 1 h ago and downloads something like 600 other blocks.

I think whole network is damaged and you need to fix this now with red messages on front page of this topic.

i think we've all learned a lesson on why you can't combine 4 second blocks, 5 block retarget and rewards based on difficulty.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
GAS Coin (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 08:18:02 PM

Here's the deal.

This is not what we were trying to do. At all. The first client was fucked up, rewards weren't right, and there was a secret premine.

r3wt snuck in a 100k premine without saying a word until it was done and felt it was the right thing to do. I had already paid him in BTC. He obviously wanted to cash the same check twice and felt he deserved more.

Now it's a clusterfuck of retarded clients and trying to put bandaids on a gunshot

If we had only got what we asked (and paid) for the first time, we would not be in this mess.

The rewards are not what I paid you to do. The block times are not what I paid you to do. The retarget is not what I paid you to do.

r3wt, don't blame the parameters. You fucked it up, not the block times

Now is when you post some retarded excuse for fucking us and sneaking in a premine. What a piece of shit you are dude. Seriously. Thanks for fucking up one of our solid business plans and making us look stupid
justin7674

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 08:35:44 PM

If everyone just upgrades to the new client and downloads the block chain I am about to upload at http://script-it.net/blockchain.zip everything will be back to normal. The chain issues were actually caused by an attack. I will be hosting a dedicated node that everyone can connect to at 199.180.115.125
It will have the correct blockchain.
r3wt

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 08:57:11 PM

Now is when you post some retarded excuse for fucking us and sneaking in a premine. What a piece of shit you are dude. Seriously. Thanks for fucking up one of our solid business plans and making us look stupid

thats what you and vlad get for talking shit on altcointalk.co.uk  i knew it was you and Igotspots the whole time, so fuck both of you. the fact that you had the nerve to ask me to do you a coin after talking shit about me and getting me removed as a mod at altcointalk.co.uk, just shows the kind of two faced fuck you are. go ahead and download the new block chain and client, we fixed your coin. but don't ask me for shit again. you're even more unproffessional than Vlad. never shit talk or out your programmer, ya  fuckin idiot.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 09:00:54 PM

thats what you and vlad get for talking shit on altcointalk.co.uk  i knew it was you and Igotspots the whole time, so fuck both of you. the fact that you had the nerve to ask me to do you a coin after talking shit about me and getting me removed as a mod at altcointalk.co.uk, just shows the kind of two faced fuck you are. go ahead and download the new block chain and client, we fixed your coin. but don't ask me for shit again. you're even more unproffessional than Vlad. never shit talk or out your programmer, ya  fuckin idiot.

I defeneded you for a long time against Vlad acutally, but nice try

I have 1 post on altcointalk and it's to announce Spots, so...keep it up, scammer. Diggin that hole deeper. Why would I refer Brady to you if I thought you were a dick and I was talking shit? That makes a TON of sense

I assume this is you admitting you scammed GAS Coin?

sonihr

Activity: 454

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:04:10 PM

Woah... Oh well I will be shutting down the p2pool soon... Please point your miners somewhere else!

What goes around comes around...
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:09:24 PM

thats what you and vlad get for talking shit on altcointalk.co.uk  i knew it was you and Igotspots the whole time, so fuck both of you. the fact that you had the nerve to ask me to do you a coin after talking shit about me and getting me removed as a mod at altcointalk.co.uk, just shows the kind of two faced fuck you are. go ahead and download the new block chain and client, we fixed your coin. but don't ask me for shit again. you're even more unproffessional than Vlad. never shit talk or out your programmer, ya  fuckin idiot.

The complaints on altcointalk were not by igotspots or gascoin so please don't take it out on them as I have already said the people that have acused you have 24h to prove you scammed if they don't do that you will be back as moderator I cant really be fairer than that

r3wt

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:10:24 PM

thats what you and vlad get for talking shit on altcointalk.co.uk  i knew it was you and Igotspots the whole time, so fuck both of you. the fact that you had the nerve to ask me to do you a coin after talking shit about me and getting me removed as a mod at altcointalk.co.uk, just shows the kind of two faced fuck you are. go ahead and download the new block chain and client, we fixed your coin. but don't ask me for shit again. you're even more unproffessional than Vlad. never shit talk or out your programmer, ya  fuckin idiot.

I have 1 post on altcointalk and it's to announce Spots, so...keep it up, scammer. Diggin that hole deeper

we went ahead and fixed your coin (subsidy now returns diff*fees*32, you're welcome) new client fixed blockchain, you have to switch over to and download the blockchain to get past the fork. i will admit that i messed up in the original client, and it wasn't on purpose but atleast i did you a solid a fixed your coin. i'm merely pointing to the fact that its karma due to your shit talking me to Zack. i know that you iGotSpots, and Vlad2Vlad are all the same person.

r3wt

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:10:59 PM

The complaints on altcointalk were not by igotspots or gascoin so please don't take it out on them as I have already said the people that have acused you have 24h to prove you scammed if they don't do that you will be back as moderator I cant really be fairer than that

you call that fair banning me with no evidence? I atleast deserve the chance to face my accusers.

zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
July 28, 2013, 09:17:30 PM

you call that fair banning me with no evidence? I atleast deserve the chance to face my accusers.

I have not banned you from the forum I have only removed you as a mod for 24h I personally have nothing against you I am not taking any sides does it really harm you not being a mod for 24h?

iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2013, 09:19:46 PM

I have 1 post on altcointalk and it's to announce Spots, so...keep it up, scammer. Diggin that hole deeper

we went ahead and fixed your coin (subsidy now returns diff*fees*32, you're welcome) new client fixed blockchain, you have to switch over to and download the blockchain to get past the fork. i will admit that i messed up in the original client, and it wasn't on purpose but atleast i did you a solid a fixed your coin. i'm merely pointing to the fact that its karma due to your shit talking me to Zack. i know that you iGotSpots, and Vlad2Vlad are all the same person.

Wow, you really are fucking stupid...I've already made it very clear than GAS Coin and I own two businesses together. Vlad's a fucking idiot, but I believe you are even more delusional if you think I was posting to myself in that thread.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: