Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:49:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GAS Coin is now dead. r3wt snuck in a premine and scammed the community  (Read 15853 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 05:58:28 AM

i refused to fix your coin because you are deliberately trying to destroy my reputation.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 06:05:01 AM

i refused to fix your coin because you are deliberately trying to destroy my reputation.

You're right, I am. Because you premined my partner's coin when he paid you not to.

We gave you two options:

1 - New genesis with no premine
2- A refund

You took his money, delivered a broken piece of shit. You took neither option to rectify the situation. You're a scammer and now everyone sees it

r3wt

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:09:57 AM

You're right, I am. Because you premined my partner's coin when he paid you not to.

We gave you two options:

2- A refund

You took his money, delivered a broken piece of shit. You took neither option to rectify the situation. You're a scammer and now everyone sees it

he paid me jack shit. peanuts. what were you expecting for .4 btc honestly? the next bitcoin?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:13:53 AM

damn this aint going to end well. spots get me the source, ill fix it and have fresh copy back to you tomorrow free of charge on behalf of r3wt. the rest is up to you and your partner, hope the epic fail coin does better than it already has

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 06:17:34 AM

We gave you two options:

2- A refund

he paid me jack shit. peanuts. what were you expecting for .4 btc honestly? the next bitcoin?

You're the one that told us that's how much you wanted. Don't act like that's what we offered you, we didn't even try to bargain with you. We paid you exactly what you asked for and got bullshit in return

r3wt

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:22:43 AM

We gave you two options:

2- A refund

You're the one that told us that's how much you wanted. Don't act like that's what we offered you, we didn't even try to bargain with you. We paid you exactly what you asked for and got bullshit in return

I needed the money dude. hence why i snuck in the premine. i feared if i quoted you to high you'd look elsewhere. you could have offered to pay more, i suppose. i could have asked for more too. fuck it doesn't matter at this point, i already confessed to you in pm. decide what you wanna do and we'll go from there.

sonihr

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

THE TIME HAS COME...

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 06:28:24 AM

int BlockCountA = 2;

if(nHeight == BlockCountA) { nSubsidy = 100000 * COIN; }

I will ressurect GAS COIN!

What goes around comes around...
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 08:44:09 AM

Is this a copy of Nuggets?  Just curious.

Also curious why you'd call it Gas coin?  I mean, people don't think of gasoline, I thought of gas, like gas.

Why did you choose that name - are you going somewhere with it or you just wanted a common household name.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
r3wt

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 08:49:29 AM

Also curious why you'd call it Gas coin?  I mean, people don't think of gasoline, I thought of gas, like gas.

Why did you choose that name - are you going somewhere with it or you just wanted a common household name.

i cloned it off the digital coin tree, definitely not a copy of nuggets. and yes, gas as in gasoline. the idea was for coins to be redeemable for points on a gas card usuable at participating gas stations.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 08:51:44 AM

We gave you two options:

2- A refund

You coders need to charge more money, even 1 BTC is jack shit.

Second, if you make a deal stick to it dude, think long term, you can get a lot of business if you're good and reputable.  How much did you make off that 100,000 coins?  What, .1BTC.  Dude, you effed your rep for pennies?  That's just childish, are you like 21?

When I asked you for help I gave you 1.1 million and you were talking shit to me after day one.  At least when someone is generous show some fucking respect man.  And you quit 10 hours later cause I didn't orders from you on how to act on my own thread.

You have no idea what chance you blew.  So it seems to me you're short sighted snd you stand to lose a lot when you're like that.  Grow up, make things right like you did with me and from now on build a good rep.

If you're a good coder people will pay double.  I would have paid triple to have a good coder.  Shit man, I thought it was $10,000 to launch a coin.  When I saw it was a total of less than 1 BTC including some features I laughed outloud.  That's a joke.  But I got what I paid for, a coin that didn't work, but it wasn't r3 that coded it so that's not on him.

I say if this guy r3 makes things right then don't scam tag him, we need competent coders here but the guy has to stop this childish bullshit or else he's gonna end up with more than a scammer tag cause some of this stuff is outright theft and fraud.

Hope things get worked out.  Good luck!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 08:52:42 AM

i cloned it off the digital coin tree, definitely not a copy of nuggets. and yes, gas as in gasoline. the idea was for coins to be redeemable for points on a gas card usuable at participating gas stations.

That's a good idea.  Same direction I was going with like sports coins or religious based coins.

twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:02:08 AM

We gave you two options:

2- A refund

Second, if you make a deal stick to it dude, think long term, you can get a lot of business if you're good and reputable.  How much did you make off that 100,000 coins?  What, .1BTC.  Dude, you effed your rep for pennies?  That's just childish, are you like 21?

When I asked you for help I gave you 1.1 million and you were talking shit to me after day one.  At least when someone is generous show some fucking respect man.  And you quit 10 hours later cause I didn't orders from you on how to act on my own thread.

You have no idea what chance you blew.  So it seems to me you're short sighted snd you stand to lose a lot when you're like that.  Grow up, make things right like you did with me and from now on build a good rep.

If you're a good coder people will pay double.  I would have paid triple to have a good coder.  Shit man, I thought it was $10,000 to launch a coin.  When I saw it was a total of less than 1 BTC including some features I laughed outloud.  That's a joke.  But I got what I paid for, a coin that didn't work, but it wasn't r3 that coded it so that's not on him.

I say if this guy r3 makes things right then don't scam tag him, we need competent coders here but the guy has to stop this childish bullshit or else he's gonna end up with more than a scammer tag cause some of this stuff is outright theft and fraud.

Actually you do need to pay a lot more then a BTC to launch a real coin.  For under a BTC you get a pump and dump coin at best.  And are lucky if it even works for that anymore.     You coin lacked some of the infrastructure it should have had , and is now suffering from that especially due to the fact it and spots share the same ad hoc node finding methods now using the same ports as well.
  Most of what r3wt posts about the coin internals does not sound right at all.   They also said in a post to you that they do not know C++.  They said in another post about it being how the 'game is played'.   They are not in it to make a serious coin attempt.    That said, this coin never had a chance on a technical bases anyway.  The pump and dumpers which is what you are getting at 5btc and below, don't care to tell you that ahead of time.

█████                █████      ███████             
█████                ███    █████████████       
█████                ██  █████████████████   
█████                █  ██████              ██████ 
█████                    ████                      ████ 
█████████████  █████                        ████
█████                    █████                             
█████                █  ██████              ███████
█████                ██  ███████████    █████ 
█████                ███    █████████    ████   
█████                █████      ███████    ██
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 09:04:37 AM

damn this aint going to end well. spots get me the source, ill fix it and have fresh copy back to you tomorrow free of charge on behalf of r3wt. the rest is up to you and your partner, hope the epic fail coin does better than it already has

Bro, you sound like a coder so I don't wanna correct you since I'm not one but do you realize under your name it says coin rapers.  As in to rape a coin.  Did you mean rappers?  Just sayin', coin rapers makes no sense, I've tried and just chafes your pee pee.

Good luck, my coin is pretty broken too due to bad programming but these coders should charge more and do a better job. I got some free help from twoBits.  I don't get it, the refused my money, he had almost .5 BTC comig to him, that's almost what I paid to launch my coin.

I'm humbled by guys like that.  That's character.  See, I'd pay twoBits 10 times the normal fee to launch a coin cause he has integrity and skills.

That's what this r3 guys is missing, this coin thing is gonna explode, with a bad rep you stand to lose a lot of business.  With great rep you can stand to make a lot of money doing what you love.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 09:09:57 AM

We gave you two options:

2- A refund

Actually you do need to pay a lot more then a BTC to launch a real coin.  For under a BTC you get a pump and dump coin at best.  And are lucky if it even works for that anymore.     You coin lacked some of the infrastructure it should have had , and is now suffering from that especially due to the fact it and spots share the same ad hoc node finding methods now using the same ports as well.
  Most of what r3wt posts about the coin internals does not sound right at all.   They also said in a post to you that they do not know C++.  They said in another post about it being how the 'game is played'.   They are not in it to make a serious coin attempt.    That said, this coin never had a chance on a technical bases anyway.  The pump and dumpers which is what you are getting at 5btc and below, don't care to tell you that ahead of time.

I searched for the best coder and asked around and everyone said:  oh if programmer X can't do that nobody can.  And the guy has integrity he returned coins to me I never knew he had.  So he may not be a good coder but he has top integrity.

I would have gladly saved up what I need snd paid more to do things right cause for me this is not a pump and dump. I asked for a serious coin not a crapAcoin, I asked for features and was told I'm too ambitious.  I had no idea, I thought all these guys were like real life Bachelor degree programmers. In naive like that. Now I'm paying for it.  Wasting so much time trying to convince people that I'm not a scammer nor is NUGGETS.  This sucks. 

But thanks for all the work you did on my coin twoBits.  Thank you so much.  I have two GPU rigs but haven't been able to get it to mine yet.  I must be doing something wrong. I don't know what setting to set in the wallet fields when I mine. Like the port and server fields.  It's frustrating.

twobits

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:25:02 AM

I searched for the best coder and asked around and everyone said:  oh if programmer X can't do that nobody can.  And the guy has integrity he returned coins to me I never knew he had.  So he may not be a good coder but he has top integrity.

I would have gladly saved up what I need snd paid more to do things right cause for me this is not a pump and dump. I asked for a serious coin not a crapAcoin, I asked for features and was told I'm too ambitious.  I had no idea, I thought all these guys were like real life Bachelor degree programmers. In naive like that. Now I'm paying for it.  Wasting so much time trying to convince people that I'm not a scammer nor is NUGGETS.  This sucks. 

You really did not search.   You posted in the threads of people making pump and dump coins. Of course that is what you will then get.    You are not going to find a good coder with that as your method of search.  You also searched for a few days, in posts buried in pump and dump coin threads the the serious coders have no reason to read.  It was r3wt that told you that you hired a good coder,   what made you trust one persons judgement on it?
What the heck does a degree have to do with it?  Just the simple fact that all they are doing is search and replace pump and dump coins should be enough information to tell you what you will get from them.   

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HyperQuant.net
Platform for Professional Asset Management
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
WhitePaper
One-Pager
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram 
Facebook
Twitter
Medium
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SNAZ31

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 09:27:37 AM

Wow, so reading that was interesting! I would say... r3wt you did wrong and you know it, I think your intentions were probably good but it was not the way to go about it... If you needed money for testers you should have said, you know that too... With that being said, it takes a big man to admit his mistakes! It takes a big man to apologise and it takes an even bigger man to put things right! Best way to move on from this for you r3wt is give him what he asks for...

Though to be honest doing that is not the right thing to do... If you start from scratch what will all the miners think when they find out that their time has been wasted???

That would do far more damage to gas coin than a premine in my opinion...

How about this?.. r3wt give the man his money back and gascoin team accept the fixed fork and move on... This will all soon blow over.

Just sharing my thoughts as an observer. Best of luck guys. Smiley
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 11:56:08 AM

You've got to be kidding me, r3wt is plainly stealing because he was mad he sold his services for 0.4 BTC. he literally has no excuse for expecting any sort of sympathy. That's like a thief asking for forgiveness after being caught riding a stolen bicycle because he wants to become a race-car driver.
Seriously, just give back the stupid 0.4 BTC. I mean really man, that's like $40 dollars in the current market. You're going full retard by saying that they shouldn't of expected you to make a shitty product because you offered a low price.
SNAZ31

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 12:17:40 PM

You've got to be kidding me, r3wt is plainly stealing because he was mad he sold his services for 0.4 BTC. he literally has no excuse for expecting any sort of sympathy. That's like a thief asking for forgiveness after being caught riding a stolen bicycle because he wants to become a race-car driver.
Seriously, just give back the stupid 0.4 BTC. I mean really man, that's like $40 dollars in the current market. You're going full retard by saying that they shouldn't of expected you to make a shitty product because you offered a low price.

I understand what you are saying and you are right, I can't fault it but I also think people do stupid things sometimes but for the right reasons or non malicious reasons. If you look back through the thread He openly admitted that he premined it and wanted to give some to the owners, I know that doesn't in any way make it right, it was messed up what he did. Should of just spoken to the guys paying and either asked for a realistic amount or persuaded them to do an open premine...

Can you honestly say that you have never made a mistake? Or never done anything really stupid?

I agree with you, he should give the money back! I think he should also make a public apology to the guys and do whatever he can to make it right. I just don't see why gas coin has to die just because of this? Surely there is some way for both parties to resolve the issue? I think the mod who was talking here has it right...

shakezula

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 01:42:29 PM

I needed the money dude. hence why i snuck in the premine.

WTF? Seriously, I've been mostly on the fence here as I like to be neutral, but this is one FUCKED UP answer.
apbyte

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2013, 02:26:03 PM

I just don't see why gas coin has to die just because of this? Surely there is some way for both parties to resolve the issue?

Vote on this +1

Ok there is premine, now we know about it, owners should take it back and give as bounties for pools and other things. Everybody will be fine with that.

Or simply ask some developer to relaunch coin

People who mined the coin through all problems and errors showed that they actually are interested in coin, and will be more gratefull if you relaunch or continue coin than if you simply throw it out. At least I would like for coin to continue.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: