Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:52:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TokenPay just gave the middle finger to its U.S. investors (!)  (Read 387 times)
srqrebel (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:50:56 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 03:01:20 AM by srqrebel

TokenPay has just announced that TPAY will no longer be offered for purchase by United States citizens or United States residents, will be cancelling existing purchases from U.S. citizens and residents, and will be offering refunds based on the price paid.  Which presumably means in Bitcoin.  Which has dropped substantially in fiat valuation since the ICO debuted.  They took Bitcoin from U.S. investors at $19,000 value, and are now refunding while it's at $14,000.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

These are the people who copied the Spectrecoin (XSPEC) wallet and then advertised themselves as the most secure crypto. (HELLO - they are using Spectrecoin's signature tech -
 of course it's secure!)  Thankfully XSPEC does not discriminate and is open to all. And for 1/4th the price!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
HippiePyro

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

A non technical guy in a technical world

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:02:10 AM

Wow that's a whole new kind of scam. They start taking there ico when Bitcoin was on it's way to $20k. Now they "refund" at $14k. If 10% of the investors were from America, that's roughly $6M they pocket, based on how much they claimed to have raised. I wonder if they will refund their awesome bonus's too. I've said it before and I'll say it again. TokenPay can't be trusted. It's a scam by inexperienced people taking advantage of newbs. They clearly didn't even do their due diligence in the fields of their project concept. I'm glad I stayed away from this project and went with proven technologies.
japaninja

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:15:51 AM

Poor execution and planning from the TokenPay team. Just goes to show how unprofessional some of these start ups can be.

A simple google search of their technology platform and roadmap should have already showed them how a previous company called TenX already tried to do EXACTLY what they were doing (in fact even better) but failed because of government regulation. Are these even working professionals or kids coding in their mom's basement? Lol.
sarfwr

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:18:47 AM

TokenPay, a company that is just starting out with a bit of a problem, is wise not to face American residents because of the possible policy risks.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Shova

Activity: 286
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:20:14 AM

Surely that was well planned. One way or other they were intended to dump US investors and gain with their newly implemented terms. If it was not the falling of bitcoin's price, they would have refunded the investors in USD value.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:23:58 AM

seems its 13k now

oh well ico runners gotta make bank in this down turn haven;t they .... don't be selfish

Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:26:20 AM

TokenPay has just announced that TPAY will no longer be offered for purchase by United States citizens or United States residents, will be cancelling existing purchases from U.S. citizens and residents, and will be offering refunds based on the price paid.  Which presumably means in Bitcoin.  Which has dropped substantially in fiat valuation since the ICO debuted.  They took Bitcoin from U.S. investors at $19,000 value, and are now refunding while it's at $14,000.

These are the people who copied the Spectrecoin (XSPEC) wallet and then advertised themselves as the most secure crypto. (HELLO - they are using Spectrecoin's signature tech -
 of course it's secure!)  Thankfully XSPEC does not discriminate and is open to all. And for 1/4th the price!
I think it's been planned, they already know that playing with an american investor is a big mistake, a planned scam strategy. good game, tokenpay.
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:27:21 AM

ah surprising and shame on them for sure. but yeah they still make refund

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
srqrebel (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:42:10 AM

I mean, I feel bad for the people who invested in this ICO thinking they were getting the best of both worlds - only to be jilted at the worst possible time.  Most of them had no idea that the technology was copied from a lesser known innovator in the crypto realm, which takes user anonymity very seriously and would never cater to old guard banking regs - and at a fraction of the price (as of yet).

trainasauruswrecks

Activity: 135

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:43:28 AM

Christ.  
So they:

1. Try to market tech as their own fork of Shadowcash when it clearly isn't a fork of Shadowcash.
2. They then sell coins for 6USD?! using this open source wallet that they claim is their invention.
3. They actually get investors who use btc to get the tokens.
4. They get the FIAT for BTC.
5. The price drops and they refund the BTC at a lower value.
6. And the investors get no Tokenpay tokens?

So Tokenpay got an interest free loan.  
The investors lost opportunities to invest in a more worthwhile coin or project.

Just me, but I'd be miffed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
              Native TOR+OBFS4 ● Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon! ● Ghost Protocol              
XSPEC SlackTwitter  ◆ FacebookWebsite
floyd1987

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:10:04 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2017, 04:31:51 AM by floyd1987

This would make me furious if I had fallen victim to this. Just reading about it makes me a little sick, and I saw this coming from miles away. Anyone who copy/pastes someone else's work and then passes it off as their own doesn't have the best character, which strongly suggests some future nefarious action(s) in the future. That reason alone was enough for me to avoid TPAY.

On top of that, since XSPEC's development team is focused on developing cutting edge privacy technology, instead of just swiping it from someone else who did the work, I value XSPEC more.
Tone147

Activity: 221

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:54:17 AM

TokenPay this ICO wallet I downloaded the version of Windows, but found that I couldn't sync the data, so I chose to give up the ICO because I didn't know how to solve the problem of the sync wallet.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
drpixou

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:55:10 AM

Is this for some law or new gubernamental stuff?
srqrebel (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:30:34 AM

Is this for some law or new gubernamental stuff?

They did not specify.

bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:39:12 AM

Is it necessary to remember that investing in an ICO or in a blockchain related project is always extremely risky?
There is never any guarantee that you will get your investment back when things don't go according to plan.
IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:20:05 AM

It seems that large people are driven to 8-10 BTC to $. But already there should buy ,wait for a good moment to periscope
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:57:48 AM

This is a bad decision from tokenpay and there may be many investors who are disappointed at this decision. I was confused and regretted, why this is not announced before ico started.
LupeKidman

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 08:14:52 AM

Wow, big news. Seems like it all was planned, right?
sakokinak

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:00:33 PM

I had been going to put some money on this platform. But now see that the things are not goes smoothly. So I think it is better to hold and operate my money in some other places. Thanks for information.
yluna88

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:21:42 PM

People have been spamming about TokenPay in order to get referrals. Now it seems that the spammers' referral bonuses will be deducted too if they referred US participants...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: