Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:15:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I sold everything  (Read 2002 times)
Jwnamlinz

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:11:38 PM

I get your point, i would be in the same position as you if i were a newbie just like you are at this moment.
But yes, it is true, and that is the reason of why the volatility is very important in here. It might be causing some happy moments, but it can create sad moments too.
Ghypatt

Activity: 135
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 01:18:58 PM

Obviously, when you cannot handle the ups and downs, you can only opt out. I'm actually beginning to believe the fact that Btc investors are risk takers. it is all clear that without a risk taking behaviour you cant stand the trends of the market. I respect your decision very well.

△ M!R△CLE TELE (https://miracletele.com/) ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY ▐
coffigayo

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:49:14 PM

I think make sure we know what we have to do if we face the same experience. and who knows if we return, we can grow from yesterday and we can make a profit. However, like stocks, there is no guarantee that certain security will recover.
JakenBake

Activity: 150
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:51:49 PM

Hi there,

first I want to say this (because I think many people that feel bad will read this as well) :

I think it that the price of BTC will go up again.. I cannot be sure, noone can, but it will probably be ok again.

But....I sold everything... My cryptocurrency that is Smiley
The reason is that I can not grasp the reason of the cause behind the value changing so much whenever it happens.

"ooooh now it went up a lot"...
"aaaaah now it went down a lot"

Then you google and google and wonder....WHY? Why did it go up a lot. Why did it go down a lot.
Sometimes you can find out about some guy with influence that said something on a conference on the other side of the World.
Sometimes it is because a site like coinbase made a mistake or introduced something new..

If lots of people buy, it goes up.
If lots of people sell, it goes down.
I understand...

But if I look at the big picture, it is still a mystery Smiley

So..while I still had a little bit of profit I sold everything.

I did not put in my life savings, but still enough to make me feel bad if the bitcoin would go down a lot more.

I also have to think about taxes (I hate doing taxes!). Here in Scandinavia I have to write down everything. All the order numbers, the amounts,,.... I will take me hours of looking up how to do it properly.
And then I have  to pay 30% taxes over the profit because they validate the bitcoin like a lottery here (and I see the resemblance as well!)
I also bought it from websites from other countries and then the amounts are of course in the wrong valuta... .....horrible....  Wink

I wish all of you "bitcoiners" a very happy 2018. May all of you have profits!! (I feel like a ferengi all of a sudden)

And ehh...I probably will be back again. Just like a lottery, it is a bit of a "kick" one can get out of having a profit.

Demesmaeker

It seems like you sold at the perfect time and conserved much of your capital.  Great job.  I'm wondering if your getting back in right about now that the coins appear to be tailing off this downward spiral and getting ready to make a comeback. 
Skieleton

Activity: 686
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:56:49 PM

Many people are dissapointed because of bitcoin volatility. no one can predict bitcoin prices. We should take a risk, it might be very good opportunity, if you sure that bitcoin and blockchain technology is the future of medium of exchange then you should buy it now.
As of now many people was totally dissappointed because the price of bitcoin was totally down. I agree that no one can predict what would be the price of bitcoin. Investing in bitcoin is very risky because it is volatile but do not be scared and just believe on bitcoin.
I do not understand this. The BTC price is 2x as much as last year. Quite stabimlna because it did not fall below 6k $. I am thinking of going through this panic. ETH is bad. BTC is doing well ...
manyu22

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:58:03 PM

Obviously, when you cannot handle the ups and downs, you can only opt out. I'm actually beginning to believe the fact that Btc investors are risk takers. it is all clear that without a risk taking behaviour you cant stand the trends of the market. I respect your decision very well.
yes it is the fastest way to avoid the risks or losses that are very large. because there is no more way if you are dizzy, confused and unable to overcome the ups and downs of BTC. but that is normal for seniors, because they have a lot of experience and can overcome in their own way
cr7

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 02:03:48 PM

Many people are dissapointed because of bitcoin volatility. no one can predict bitcoin prices. We should take a risk, it might be very good opportunity, if you sure that bitcoin and blockchain technology is the future of medium of exchange then you should buy it now.
As of now many people was totally dissappointed because the price of bitcoin was totally down. I agree that no one can predict what would be the price of bitcoin. Investing in bitcoin is very risky because it is volatile but do not be scared and just believe on bitcoin.
I do not understand this. The BTC price is 2x as much as last year. Quite stabimlna because it did not fall below 6k $. I am thinking of going through this panic. ETH is bad. BTC is doing well ...
Because many looked at the growth chart of bitcoin and in the euphoria of easy money decided to take a loan to buy bitcoin. I agree that bitcoin does not fall from year to year, but it is only for those who bought bitcoin last year.
biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 06:51:16 PM

I don't think it would have been wise to sell now since it has dropped a lot. Probably you did a panic sell and likely you will regret it when it goes up. However, if it does still go down, then you made a good choice. Just remember to buy back when the time comes it reaches the bottom.

As I have understood, the guy managed to sell all of his Bitcoins and the cryptos before they have gone to the Moon. However, judging from the position of the today's investors, he did not lose really a lot.
CryptoCClendon

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:35:31 PM

I guess you are one of the numerous panic sellers,  don't let FUD run you down next time
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 07:41:31 PM

at this point of time in the bitcoin market trading, i will say it is strictly a personal race and decision as to who wants to sell what and at what time because the price of bitcoin is non predictable and can be speculated but that is in no way close to reality but you still have to decide. thanks

Jhonthor

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 07:43:21 PM

i just joined and to see this conversation or topic is quite intriguing. Anyway, there is risk in every investment and the key is to know the risk of your investment. happy to join 

I think if you back, you can grow from yesterday and you can produce great advantage because after we can learn from experience, we can improve the skills and knowledge US and we will not do the same error in the future. and if you decide to go back into the cryptocurrency again, make sure you prepare because, in crypto, all possible and make sure you know what you have to do if you deal with the same experience.
dominional

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2018, 08:06:04 PM

if you sell all your bitcoin, if means you are in need of money but if it is the issue of fear and the word of people that criticized bitcoin that means you are the most miserable of all men, it will definitely rise again watch out.

▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 09:20:32 PM

Hi there,

first I want to say this (because I think many people that feel bad will read this as well) :

I think it that the price of BTC will go up again.. I cannot be sure, noone can, but it will probably be ok again.

The reason is that I can not grasp the reason of the cause behind the value changing so much whenever it happens.

Then you google and google and wonder....WHY? Why did it go up a lot. Why did it go down a lot.
Sometimes you can find out about some guy with influence that said something on a conference on the other side of the World.
Sometimes it is because a site like coinbase made a mistake or introduced something new..

I understand...

I did not put in my life savings, but still enough to make me feel bad if the bitcoin would go down a lot more.

I also have to think about taxes (I hate doing taxes!). Here in Scandinavia I have to write down everything. All the order numbers, the amounts,,.... I will take me hours of looking up how to do it properly.
And then I have  to pay 30% taxes over the profit because they validate the bitcoin like a lottery here (and I see the resemblance as well!)
I also bought it from websites from other countries and then the amounts are of course in the wrong valuta... .....horrible....  Wink

I wish all of you "bitcoiners" a very happy 2018. May all of you have profits!! (I feel like a ferengi all of a sudden)

And ehh...I probably will be back again. Just like a lottery, it is a bit of a "kick" one can get out of having a profit.

Demesmaeker

THis is your choice. I hope your decision is being weigh in to the betterment of your family. Probably you needed the money or you fear the fluctuations of value. I am positive that soon this will rise again and you can come back anytime if you want to and make it better this time.
Supremacy1

Activity: 331

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:30:53 PM

Hope you didn't not sell at loss ? Anyway you can wait for the bottom dip and sell back when it pump
unorowest

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 10:45:14 PM

It is good to sell when the prices have risen to a level you think is good enough, but to sell everything is a situation I would say is not good enough, the code is: never sell all your stake
jpnl0003

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:42:30 PM

It’s never a wrong time to buy back even. Though everything was sold at whatever conditions that may have triggered the sales. It is worse for someone to have been an investor and pulled out when the investment was yet to get to maturity only for he business to get to a st all time peak and the investor that pulled out is just at a corner wishing he had bought bacon in when he had the chance to
norachuks

Activity: 331
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:24:08 AM

It is not a bad decision selling it all and whatever the reason may be you did the right. there is no need to do what you don't understand and worse if you are scared but i will advise you to learn more about it so you can buy when you understand

YouSeeMe  - Bartcoin - Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
ahuwa_endowed

Activity: 1

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 01:02:02 AM

Hi there,

I understand...

And then I have  to pay 30% taxes over the profit because they validate the bitcoin like a lottery here (and I see the resemblance as well!)
I also bought it from websites from other countries and then the amounts are of course in the wrong valuta... .....horrible....  Wink

Demesmaeker

It is good you sold off when you needed to but please don't forget to buy back when your satisfied with the dip or reduction in price. selling off everything is not wrong but what is actually wrong if selling all without having intentions of buying back when the price drop.
Painbird

Activity: 552
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:18:37 AM

actually cryptocurrency is really unpredictable, no one can't notice what's going on next.but we know that bitcoin price not well in this year.thats why many peoples are worried. I think you are one of them.but bitcoin price will be up just need to hold your mind & waiting for big pump.

Nanda Dewi277

Activity: 784
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:21:39 AM

at this point of time in the bitcoin market trading, i will say it is strictly a personal race and decision as to who wants to sell what and at what time because the price of bitcoin is non predictable and can be speculated but that is in no way close to reality but you still have to decide. thanks
actually, it's easy to find profit in bitcoin, just analyze market movements and then buy when prices go down and sell when prices rise. but remember all there is a time so you have to wait patiently to get maximum results in making a sale.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▄▄
              ▄▀          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▄
            █        ▄▀▀                  ▀▀▄   ▀▄
          █      ▄▀                ▄▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▄   ▀▄          ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
  █     █     █                ▄▀            ▀    ▀        ▄▄▀▀   █████  ▀▀▄
█  █▄█     █   ▄▄▄▀▀▀█▌                          ▄▀     ███████         █
█       ▀▀▄▄▀▀  ▄▄   █  █                      ▄▀    ████████           █
  █   ▀██▄▄   ███   █    █                 █▀  ██████████        █  █
    ▀▄   ███████     ▀▀▄ ▀▄▄    ▄▄▀▀    ████   ████      █  █  █
        ▀▄▄     ██████    ▀▀█▄▀▀     ████████████  █  █  █  █
              ▀█   ██████▄▄          █████████████    █  █  █  █