Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 02:45:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What caused all the price drops?  (Read 2652 times)
Action Gamble

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:25:58 PM

Almost all the altcoins (and bitcoin too) went down alot yesterday. Does anybody have a clue what caused this major drop?
I think that all of as need money in this period because of the new year, that's why all the altcoins are down.

coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 11:35:41 PM

Almost all the altcoins (and bitcoin too) went down alot yesterday. Does anybody have a clue what caused this major drop?
The holiday seasons entails a massive movement of cash in the system due to purchases made for gifts and give aways. Hundreds, or maybe thousands are cashing out during this period which is a factor in the partial drop for alts. But this may only be temporary...

Red_Sanford

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:39:12 PM

I really don't understand why it drops either. A country (like Korea) can say that they are closing exchanges and the price will sky rocket there but will drop in the rest of the world.

Don't people understand that Bitcoin is designed so that banks and countries can't control it ?

News like this should make it rise in price. It shows that these countries fear losing control

TRAVELCHAIN
  Make a trip of your dreams!   
▄██▄███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███████▄██▄
▀██▀█████████▄░░░░░░░░░▄█████████▀██▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▄░░░░░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀░▄███▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
=
  SmartTravelling ecosystem 
[ Twitter ]   [ Facebook ]   [ Medium ]
▬▬▬  [ Website ]   [ Whitepaper ]  ▬▬▬
[ Instagram ]   [ Telegram ]   [ Youtube ]

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:44:36 PM

Today Bitcoin & alt coin market is increasing.But btc still has not been able to get back 20,000$.2017 is already finished.In January is the best time for btc & there are a lot possibility to btc will be touched 30,000$.
yeah market conditions cryptocurrency seems to get better again now. many altcoins begin to increase in price, also with bitcoin price. even though the bitcoin price has not returned to its original price before falling some time ago, but I'm sure that in 2018 bitcoin prices could surpass the highest price in 2017. for reasons why prices are down, maybe for many reasons, including hardfork & segwit?
FiveReels

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:56:01 AM

It is perhaps because of the news that was circulating on the negtive impact of Bitcoin that it is really vulnerable and volatile that it will burst on any given time. All other altcoins were affected since the leader in the industry which is Bitcoin I think is one factor that dictates the drop or growing of prices. As it fluctuates  all other else also fluctuates.

TrentD_TFN

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 03:06:08 AM

This didn't seem like anything other than a pretty healthy correction. Plus, being the end of the year and people pulling funds for the holidays makes perfect sense.
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 03:08:26 AM

Perhaps because market demand is slightly down, as a result of some countries are starting to think about the legality of this digital currency. if in the year 2018 this is all resolved, I am sure the market demand will rise again and its price also rise.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:11:31 AM

It is perhaps because of the news that was circulating on the negtive impact of Bitcoin that it is really vulnerable and volatile that it will burst on any given time. All other altcoins were affected since the leader in the industry which is Bitcoin I think is one factor that dictates the drop or growing of prices. As it fluctuates  all other else also fluctuates.

we know there are too much bad news that saying negative of bitcoin but the truth is they really don't know what their say. they only spread the bad news so people become worried and finally they sell the bitcoin so the other people can buy bitcoin at a cheap price. this makes the price decrease and I think this is what happens in the cryptocurrency and we are going to see more like this in the future. but if we can analyze this, I think we can prevent and we don't have to worry about the bad news and we could still hold the bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Mhedz

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 03:16:49 AM

as we all know,altcoins value are manipulated by bitcoin value and price drop is normal for all traders,its a good sign to earn profit,buy now as altcoins are in dip price

Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:27:04 AM

Cryptocurrencies are volatile. The value may go down today but tomorrow it may rise up higher than before. History shows that the percentage that the price goes up is much higher than when the price is going down. So the chances to succeed is still much higher. I will not be afraid to invest in crypto today.

Darwin123

Activity: 124

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:35:19 AM

I think theres a reason that all altcoins ang bitcoin got drop yesterday because of the end of the year. but in the new year 2018 maybe all have got drop rates maybe it become more increase in this year 2018.
fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:14:59 AM

It is because of the major major lead of bitcoin. All altcoins are pattern price to bitcoin. If bitcoin price hike it will increase all altcoins as well. If bitcoin roll back the altcoins will low it's price as well.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
Lani-Tani

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:53:29 AM

Today Bitcoin & alt coin market is increasing.But btc still has not been able to get back 20,000$.2017 is already finished.In January is the best time for btc & there are a lot possibility to btc will be touched 30,000$.
Its close to Luna new year in Asia, people will start to cash out their balance soon. I dont think bitcoin will reach 30000$ in January.
idunets

Activity: 462
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:49:21 PM

Yeah. . . BUT! there are too many negative speculation about Bitcoin.. The pump of december was originated by the guys that hold 40% of all bitcoin... Many of them (known people) says that BTC will cost about 3k$ in the mid of 2018... And that Russia and China will dump it so hard... Look to the map, and you will see that the biggest miners are located on china and russia... so what decentralization you are talking about?  Cry
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:04:02 PM

Because the BTC is moving wild right now,if the btc goes sideways most of alts pumps.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Rkoshay

Activity: 96
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:09:39 PM

Looking at the charts there was a general really big surge from around November to late December of this year, it was out of the ordinary and I think driven mostly by speculators, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a lot of the coins that surged so high in such a short window correct themselves, only questions are how much and for how long?
Bitcoininspace

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:15:41 PM

I have read an opinion that alts will see very small gains and Bitcoin will blow past alts to the extent where investing in any crypto other than Bitcoin becomes absurd (compared to Bitcoin).
sorrowfulnightcries

Activity: 144

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 04:38:51 PM

In my opinion, it is because of the holiday season that affects the most of the market prices of the altcoins. During these period most people tend to undergo shopping spree and more investments and tokens are traded and sold , thus increasing their volume in the market.

cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:41:30 PM

Because when the BTC moves up or down alts will suffer,the only time alts grow when BTC price stablized.

alexpayne

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:49:50 PM

It seems that most of altcoins are recovering after dropping. Althought Bitcoin is dropping but it does not affect to altcoin like last period. These good altcoins are keep rising except Pump and Dump altcoins

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: