Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:50:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What caused all the price drops?  (Read 2652 times)
Allura74

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:39:57 AM

The policies of some country have issued many different laws  to ban the cryptos so they may influence the prices. After a period of time the situaition will be better.
Basically price drops if there are more supply than the demand, more selling than buying will cause the price to drop and worst scenario if there is market destabilization done by powerful investor and giving such bad image of a particular coin that threaten investors to acquire it.

deviltasha

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:44:45 AM

Different factors caused it, but most important i think the politics of governments all over the world.
synapsisxxx

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Decentralization shall be the end of the Old World

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:46:06 AM

Lot of things going on, especially the strong fud with bitcoin and crypto in general. This new flow of fud is being generated by bankers and governments alike, the same guys who were fomo'ing a few months back. Also, i always felt the sudden increase in market cap close to almost a trillion dollars in such a short time was pretty unusual, so an extremely strong pull back was expected.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:58:03 AM

I like the way people interested in crypto. So when the price goes down everyone be like "hmm whats the reason for the coin to dump, maybe MM, yes, clearly, this is the reason". And when the price is going up everyone be like "yep, thats normal, price should always go up and up, higher and higher, no MM here just people who like crypto for technology. Definately".

Why dont anybody make a topic "What caused all price highs?" Grin

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Noelbetty12

Activity: 168
Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:59:17 AM

Almost all the altcoins (and bitcoin too) went down alot yesterday. Does anybody have a clue what caused this major drop?

It is holiday at that time and that many of the bitcoin and altcoin users have to sell coins for real money. Same thing happens when panic selling would occur due to some events that could scare digital currency holders. The result is a drop in its value. Real money is preferred over bitcoin and altcoins since most companies do not support it yet, but its closer to reality when these coins will be supported and transactions and payments will be made same as you are paying real money with the digital currencies.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
klser

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:04:16 AM

There is a pump and dump in this market, it's normal. It depend on demand. The main reason is the holidays, when people sell their coins.
BabatundeM

Activity: 317

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:23:10 AM

The level at which the prices in the market were when this topic created is not as alarming as what is happening now. But I believe it is the market forces that are in play, the market will be stable again.
reyblack

Activity: 203

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:50:49 PM

There are so many reasons at cryptocurrency price drop. Fake news at social media, national government policies (tax evaluation), big whales withdrawal causing minor investors panicking, doubt at investments security and stability (fud). But at records price drops occur when the supply at the market is high and low in demand.
grumpy619

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:19:48 PM

I see the reason of price dropping in desire of major players to make a control purchase at low prices to get crazy profit. Nothing unusual, it's always been like that. Weak hands will sell their holdings, whales will buy  and the price will go up. When i just came to the market i made these mistakes and spent my nerves and time. Now i buy once and hold, trying not to look at the monitor more often that once per week.  Cool

▄▄           ▄▄▄▄▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄         ▄▄        ▄▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄                  ▄             ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ 
██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██        ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ███▄       ██        ██          ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄         ██                 ███            ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▀                ██▀        ▀██       █████▄     ██        ██         ██▀        ▀██        ██                ██ ██           ██     ██
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██ ▀███▄   ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██               ██   ██          ██▄▄▄▄█▀
██      ▐█▌                ▐█▌          ▐█▌      ██   ▀███▄ ██        ██        ▐█▌          ▐█▌       ██              ██     ██         ██▀▀▀▀██▄
██       ██▄                ██▄        ▄██       ██     ▀█████        ██         ██▄      ▄▄  █        ██             ██       ██        ██     ██
██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██        ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀        ██       ▀███        ██          ▀██▄▄▄▄▄ ██          ██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██         ██       ██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀         ▀▀        ▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀           ▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ 
           ▄▄███▄▄
     ▄▄███████████▄▄
 ▄▄███████████████████▄▄
███████████▌ ▐███████████
██▌ ▐███████ ███████▌ ▐██
███ ████▀▀██ ██▀▀████ ███
███ ██▀▄████ ████▄▀██ ███
███ ██ █████ █████ ██ ███
 ▀▀ ██ █████ █████ ██ ▀▀
     ▀ █████ █████ ▀
         ▀▀█ █▀▀
The Premier   ───────────────────
Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
────────   Powered by the ICNQ Token

[ Color  Paper ]
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
[ White Paper ]

▾  Medium
▾  Twitter
▾  LinkedIn
▾  Subscribe

I C N Q  T O K E N

The Token for Digital Asset Management
acha1217

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:42:22 PM

I think this because naughty side and big mafia, they are still playing to sell bitcoin whichhas earned from scam website which they had made few year ago, and also decrease the price of XPY make the price of bitcoin decrease too,
There is many site who under guise of investment which is actually scam and now the time of scamers sell bitcoin from their scam website, so the main of the anwers is, the price of bitcoin are decrease because from scam coin, who's promoted their scam coin and earn bitcoin from investors which is interested and to invest from their coin.
I sugest you to not to interested to invest bitcoin in ICO in internet, I think is will be better to use your bitcoin for trading or for long investment in trusted coin.
So don't scared if bitcoin are going down, as long we still use bitcoin, bitcoin will still have price, let's the scamers sell their bitcoin and after that bitcoin price will be back normal again. Thank you
elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:06:19 PM

There is a pump and dump in this market, it's normal. It depend on demand. The main reason is the holidays, when people sell their coins.

Yes this market is unique and only an appropriate research and knowledge will help people understand market as I have seen people invest without research and goes crazy when there is a dump as of that's the end of world.

Am I spamming? Report me!
makerst

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:08:05 PM

There are a lot of versions of what happened, but I think that nobody knows the truth, because if people knew the truth, they could certainly avoid such a serious fall. But on the other hand, it's the correction that was supposed to happen.
zutigenij1000

Activity: 154
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 04:11:46 PM

Guys, look at the wall street, prices are going down because of that. Dow Jones lost 600 points in one day but there is nothing to worry about, because that's crypto, you have to ride the boat.

ksyusha_so

Activity: 72
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:27:37 AM

But perhaps, false information was provided in the media for dump, and this is can make a panic in the market of cryptocurrency

The real culprit I would say would be media for informing the wrong news which turned out to be FUD. In case of India the govt has not banned any crypto yet though they are still waiting for the report to come from the committee being setup but still media announced as the country has banned the crypto currency.

I just think that the media is just a means of regulation. And it's not their fault. Guilty people who impose their own rules. Pump and dump this happens when they want.

░|∙.Blend.∙|░░|Blend, the all-in-one solution for cross-platform lending investments|░ (http://blendcoins.io/)
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:40:11 AM

But perhaps, false information was provided in the media for dump, and this is can make a panic in the market of cryptocurrency

The real culprit I would say would be media for informing the wrong news which turned out to be FUD. In case of India the govt has not banned any crypto yet though they are still waiting for the report to come from the committee being setup but still media announced as the country has banned the crypto currency.

I just think that the media is just a means of regulation. And it's not their fault. Guilty people who impose their own rules. Pump and dump this happens when they want.

Well, price drops causing negative feedbacks attacking bitcoins plus the countries have declaring banned this is a big effect in the market stability of demand and a supply. Those speculation and bad news spread through the world can make the price low gradually.
Kisanaq

Activity: 700
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:26:50 AM

The bitcoin price factor is the most influential, when the bitcoin price drops so many users of the coins are panicked and choose to sell to fiat so that the demand for the coin decreases, even they are willing to sell even at a cheap price.
MIZANUR5033

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:47:57 PM

It is very common thing that all the online coins price will increase and decrease but after then there are some issue regards the ups and downs. You may know that all the altcoins follow bitcoin. When bitcoin increases that’s price then these coins also increases their price and when bitcoin decreases then these coins also behaves same.
I think the price decreases of bitcoin is the main cause to drop all the price and some fake news were also responsible for that. Some people or authority have spread some news negatively and for that, almost all the people wanted to sell their coins and that’s why their price was dropped. There will be many reasons to falling price of this coin but you should wait till the rising of price to sell them.
sdas90

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:40:42 PM

I think cryto price is up and down is normal thing. but now all currency price is low because of  some rumors about the crypto. another think is some countries are banded this cryto that's why some low. but don't panic about this it will recover very soon.

ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 07:24:43 PM

Whales, Facebook Ico advertising ban, Chinese New Year, World Bank, governments and Tether case. Investors sold with panic sentiment. Now the sensation of panic is forgotten. There was an optimistic air.
nitin8263
Copper Member

Activity: 1568
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 02:01:49 AM

According to me bitcoin caused all the altcoins are dropped because some government announced that the bitcoin is not legal so some investors are not investing in crypto market.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: