Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:29:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: poloniex - are they legally responsible for losses when they wont give you your  (Read 129 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:10:32 PM

poloniex - if they have your coins but refuse to let you withdraw them because they have turned the wallets off (apparently temp) but months later after many tickets do not still let you withdraw the coins??

Many people have xdn and bbr locked there and they will not switch their wallets back on??

This has been like this for months and no reply to any tickets..

Are they legally responsible for losses that can be demonstrated are due to their lack of care and reasonable response time?

this is not kyc or aml related these people are fully verified it is just the wallet is switched off and they refuse to switch it back on.

nata777

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:16:11 PM

They are surprisingly behaving lately, recently faced with the problem of withdrawal of the USDT brought out only after the appeal in support, and this is not the first. I see, they generally work as they want
CrackLord

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 11:18:04 PM

I doubt you'd see any retribution for your problems with Poloniex legally. It would be such a hard thing to prove that they took your funds and that you didn't lose them trading or something since there's no immutable ledger of trades.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:22:39 PM

I doubt you'd see any retribution for your problems with Poloniex legally. It would be such a hard thing to prove that they took your funds and that you didn't lose them trading or something since there's no immutable ledger of trades.

I hear you but these are fully viewable under the balances but you just can't extract them because it says wallet disabled temp

I mean some of these coins are taking off and if you had large numbers and it later crashed they have cost you perhaps 100'000 of dollars in taking months to reactivate fully working projects wallets.

there is no excuse for them to retain them for this long.

xdn

both these are available for withdraw for perhaps 3 -4 months or greater. there are people with bbr pending withdrawals for months and that chain is working well.

vaso11

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:24:14 PM

They are surprisingly behaving lately, recently faced with the problem of withdrawal of the USDT brought out only after the appeal in support, and this is not the first. I see, they generally work as they want
Oh. I also encountered the USDT problem. Who knows what the problem is. Why when you send the USDT wrote an error?

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
CrackLord

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 11:32:01 PM

I hear you but these are fully viewable under the balances but you just can't extract them because it says wallet disabled temp

I mean some of these coins are taking off and if you had large numbers and it later crashed they have cost you perhaps 100'000 of dollars in taking months to reactivate fully working projects wallets.

xdn

both these are available for withdraw for perhaps 3 -4 months or greater. there are people with bbr pending withdrawals for months and that chain is working well.

If you can't just withdraw them, couldn't you just sell them for BTC and buy the currency somewhere else? I think it would be better than waiting on Poloniex to fix the issue.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:33:09 PM

xdn

If you can't just withdraw them, couldn't you just sell them for BTC and buy the currency somewhere else? I think it would be better than waiting on Poloniex to fix the issue.

No because they deleted those markets and they are no longer available for trade there.

Some of these had withdrawal issues before the markets even got deleted.

Kavallo

Activity: 395
Merit: 129

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:39:29 PM

If you read their terms agreement, which you have accepted, you will discover that they are not talking about money, but "tokens", so all what you own there are worthless tokens, legally. So I guess if you lose them in their wallets you cannot claim them back.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:47:32 PM

I doub't you'll be able to legally do anything against them. Safety clauses are built in to their terms and conditions everywhere. Add to that the fact that Bitcoin much less other altcoins are not even officially recognized as real currencies by most governments yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly close your account too. Poloniex and other exchanges earn so much money this way.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 11:56:30 PM

It's not that I'm defending them or anything but did you have a look at your situation from the other side ? Poloniex does not care about you, they care about your money and profit they will make from you. But also they are taking huge fees from coin developers (initially and after). Maybe developers did not want to pay for the service anymore ? Or if you look at it from the technical standpoint, maybe developer fucked something up with their daemon which made communication with poloniex api difficult ?
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:09:49 AM

poloniex - if they have your coins but refuse to let you withdraw them because they have turned the wallets off (apparently temp) but months later after many tickets do not still let you withdraw the coins??

Many people have xdn and bbr locked there and they will not switch their wallets back on??

This has been like this for months and no reply to any tickets..

Are they legally responsible for losses that can be demonstrated are due to their lack of care and reasonable response time?

this is not kyc or aml related these people are fully verified it is just the wallet is switched off and they refuse to switch it back on.

They tell a month in advance that coins will get desisted and ask to withdraw them. If you fail do that you will get in troubles. I am sure now no exchange people ready to bother with this things when they lots of tickets to solve with regular daily issues.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:00:31 PM

Bittrex has no such issues. If you are away on vacation for a month or less in a lot of cases then I don't expect we should have the coins taken from us for good.

That bad practice on their part.

I am still interested in a legal opinion here. This is simply an attempt to take peoples coins from them there is no reason for those wallets to be offline for months on end when they are fully functioning and in the top 50 MC

answers to support tickets should be answered regardless many have tickets open for several months with no answer

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:52:45 AM

Who here has had their rightful funds held for months on there?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: