Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:01:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?  (Read 7664 times)
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 06:24:52 PM

Basic rule of trading or investing: never go all-in on 1 thing (such as 1 altcoin), always diversify your portfolio and spread your risk.
I would invest in some good altcoins with active development teams such as ETH, LTC or XRP.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:26:11 PM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

It is completely risk only. It is not only applies for altcoin. You have to think that bitcoin investment with the all fiat also risk or not. Keep some funds on fiat as well as in multiple crypto currencies. You will be able to make money if the value of crypto currency bumps moreover when you invest on multiple cryptos it balances the price fluctuatations too.
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:31:18 PM

Risky for sure but no need for that, you can find other good coins. Instead you should invest in at least 3 coins, it would be less risky and probably more profitable  Smiley

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:33:22 PM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
I do not think your strategy is wrong, people advocate for diversifying your investments but that only makes sense if you have a lot of money to invest, if you do not have that much money then it is better to put all your money in a single coin, it is true that you may lose your money, however if the coin you selected skyrockets your earnings are going to be massive.
anartist

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 06:44:03 PM

Maby invest in a few ICOs for a discount.
itsmeram

Activity: 212
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 06:47:44 PM

It depends on how much money are you going to put in there.. If you only have $10000 and you are going to put i all in there, then you need to be 100% safe that this coin is going to rise, otherwise you are going to lose a lot of money,maybe all the money that you invested in there.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 08:30:34 PM

Hi,

Thanks

Diversification is overrated. Since all legit crypto moves up together.  Most people have opposite problem, they put their money in to many projects and they cant follow them all and miss everything.  Having less then 10 coins is highly advised. But once you are long in crypto that is hard to achieve.
CrazyCreeptonaut

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:15:58 PM

it really depends on what is the alt coin...
if you have one project that you truly believe in and is really good one, its less risky
the only thing you have to do is hold coins in different places to you dont get rekt

srqrebel

Activity: 256

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:24:36 PM

Depends on your risk tolerance.  They say not to bet the farm, and don't put all your eggs in one basket.  But I am a big believer in doing due diligence - meaning, conducting deep research - and then betting big on the one project or two, which have the most going for them.

I do own three alt coins, but I have the lions share of my portfolio in one of them.  This approach has done spectacularly well for me so far.  But, again - I can't stress enough the need to do due diligence when adopting this approach.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬     SPECTRECOIN     ▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Native TOR+OBFS4  ●  Mobile & Stealth Staking Soon!  ●  Ghost Protocol
XSPEC Slack  ◆   Website  ◆  Twitter  ◆  Facebook  ◆  Reddit  ◆  Telegram
DZRCoins

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:04:40 AM

Hi,

Thanks
There are lot of different altcoins. There are top 10 like BTC, LTC, Eth and so on. It's pretty safe, but you won't gain so much. You can try to invest in altcoins from Top 50 like Dash, Monero, ZCash, Dogecoin, ETN and you will probably gain more.
virasisog

Activity: 1820
Merit: 537

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:08:26 AM

Hi,

Thanks
For me you can go all in anytime but somehow it depends because some altcoins have a very good long term gain in the future however some are not or too slow to gain profit. I advice to go 3 coins you think have a good long term project that will generate you a good amount after holding a long time.
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 12:49:11 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Yes, it is too risky. It is better when you can invest your money into some several coins.
But this is not fix suggestion. I mean you can inbest in one coin, bit at least you separate your money into some pieces.
It can give you cahmce to buy again of the price down.
Dullmartini

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:24:45 AM

I agree you should diversify. At least 3 coins in my opinion. I started by putting about $120 in many coins. Aome of my coins have gone more than 10x since September, so now my $120 became $1700. My other coin would have gone 10x except I sold at 3x doh because I didn’t believe in its potential. Also now I only invest in top 120ish coins that have good projects. I sleep much better at night and don’t feel the need to sell!
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 01:30:10 AM

I always split it up. But some people like to bet it all on red, I don't!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
aziernest

Activity: 669
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:40:45 AM

if you will be actively monitoring and trading diversification is must, else research is compulsary, and once you have researched a project pretty well, you could go all in, and leave it for 1+ year to grow.

1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 01:54:24 AM

2018 is the year of all crypto speculation so almost every coin on major exchanges will have big jumps and drops

right now most have had their jump in value

but as crypto keeps getting news, if a coin is on a major exchange, it's in play in 2018

so diversity is key and right now we like ripple and verge as volume trade coins with good upside potential

both coins are billion+ projects and that will be where 2018 goes, the crypto with billions in coins are set to be played like penny stocks and in reality there's not that many as novice crypto investors join the game in 2018

so get your diversity up in billion plus crypto on top exchanges then take profits and put into better coins

FUD Expert

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:17:05 AM

No, always diversify in 3-5 altcoins. I have more than 10 altcoins and the advantage that when some are on their red days, I don't panic because the others are doing good and rising. There is a good balance in that way.
triads

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:21:10 AM

Lots of respondents have just been saying 'diversify'. But the countervailing consideration is knowledge. You'd rather have 3 alt coins where you understand the projects quite well and have researched the *** out of the team. In comparison, having 10 coins where you just have cursory understanding is definitely inferior.
shintosai

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:25:58 AM

If you trust the project then taking the risk will bring you a sweet success if the said project succeed, though its not advisable to place your money in one basket but if you understanding the risk then why not? It can maximized your profits, better analysis can bring more confidence and patience of waiting will be a virtue even you only have one supported project.

Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 02:31:27 AM

Hi,

Thanks

It is indeed risky. You have not made some kind of a safety net for your portfolio in case your single altcoin will dump in value. But if you really believe that the altcoin you are investing into will give you a big and quick return of investment, then you may go for it. After all, you are investing $500 only. The advice will always be to diversify portfolios though. But make no mistake, I also all in sometimes when there is a very good entry point in a trusted altcoin. But I pulled out immediately after gaining.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: