Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:29:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: All my money in 1 altcoin - Too risky?  (Read 7671 times)
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 04:31:41 AM

As the old saying goes, "Never put all of your eggs in one basket".

Never risk in one altcoin only. When it falls, everything falls. It's better that you should split your money to other altcoins. For instance, you have $500 in your pocket.

If I were you, I would invest $50 to 10 promising altcoins with high trading volume or undervalued coins below $0.20 per coin/token for a long-term investment.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
patrickj

Activity: 490
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:01:25 AM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks
Yeah that is too risky, try to invest atleast 2 to 3 altcoins. Firstly you have to study their platform to make sure that investing in that coins will benefit you in long term and also in short term investments. Remember to buy at lowest price to get more coins and hodl it until you make huge profits.
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 05:25:39 AM

Hi,
the altocoin market is so variuous and there are dozen of interesting projects that can be supported.

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

I suggest you to spread your assets. It is a rule of thumb that lose only 2% of your total investment, but regarding on going all in on one alt it is a no no. You can go for 30% if you really believe on that idea but the chances of losing is also huge. Spread your assets would make you maybe earn less than being 100% but on the other hand you would also lose less.
profit-shooter

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 08:42:07 AM

I would say This is risky enough unless it is Ethereum or XRP which have bright future in 2018.
bircoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:12:03 AM

It depends on the size of the investment. Being at 50% BTC is always an advantage for you.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:41:34 AM

$500 is not so little especially if you're a newbie in crypto. But congratulations, in a few years time you would either A) earn big profits on your investment or B) be left within nothing. Thats the problem with a single investment you either win or not. If you diversify however, you even out the risk of losing all your money but at the same time also risk profits. It is considered the "safer way" to invest but in the end it will depend on your personal investment appetite.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Chrizz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:06:05 AM

With 500$ to invest i don‘t think it is that bad of an idea to not spread your investment wide. As long as you stick with a top 20-30 coin i don‘t think that much can go wrong because there is only one way at the moment for all the top coins and thats up. But as always, there is a risk of a complete loss of your investment, so you should not play around with money you can‘t afford to loose.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:20:17 AM

For me yes it's too risky, because we can't sure if the altcoins you can choose will make a boom in the future. Moreover not all coins have a capacity to survive, maybe in other way they have chance to increase their value. I suggest to invest your money into different altcoins.
ivandu

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:26:45 AM

do not put our portofolio just in one basket.it is more risky.by holding some portofolio we could reduce risk when bitcoin or altcoin drop sharply.some of them minus but some of them profit.so can take average by doing this.
mittooss

Activity: 154

DEm1CKDTViM1y9YmEcBaktNLWVx8rwuQUm

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:36:39 AM

Hi,

But  i'm a little investor (500$) and i'm seriously thinking to put all my money in only 1 project I think is very good which curretly is in the top 40 of altcoins. I don't want to say the name because my topic wants to be very general: what do you think is the risk  by doing so? Should I invest in 2 or 3 coins instead?

Thanks

It is very risky to invest all your money into one coin as the market is fluctuating. Diversify your money so that even if one goes up or down will not affect you much.
wagi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 10:46:11 AM

It is a big risk to go all in.

How much you have to invest is not really important for that decision, you should always diversify a bit even if you start with $50.

I suggest you to split in 3, for something a bit safe $200 in BTC then $150 in 2 others projects.

or you can try something like this :

$200 in BTC
$150 in STRAT
$75 in an other project
$75 in an other project

This is good suggestion amd include for the example. I like to split my portofolio into some different altcoin since i can reduce the risk involve ( although not zero risk ).
In above example, it is already expalined very well but you do something different about the amount. Just explore what altcoin do you prefer.
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 11:59:34 AM

Hope everyone in this forum have suggested for splitting your investment into different altcoins. I strongly agree with that and that is a good idea as well. You may earn profit in 1 or 2 coins and compensate the loss of other coin if anything goes wrong rather than waiting for a single coin profit to arrive. You may do a personal research in altcoins growth factor and decide rather than getting multiple suggestions.

Hope ETH is doing a good performance next to bitcoin and lastly I would suggest you to have Bitcoin as an investment always for safe, steady and consistent growth as part of your investment.
Travel Token

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:09:14 PM

I would say This is risky enough unless it is Ethereum or XRP which have bright future in 2018.

I can't agree at all. Ethereum probably will be thriving in 2018, but we can't be sure. I suggest to choose at least two currencies, because everything could happen in crypto.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    ⚡ Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments ⚡
░░░░▒▒▒▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████████████████▓▓▓▒▒▒░░░░
Low Fees ✲ ✲ Truly Anonymous TransactionsJoin the discussion thread
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:38:49 PM

To me, it is against investment wisdom because no one knows the future for real, just look at what Tezo is going through, assuming you put all your money in such you will need to go back to square one
Shinrai

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:41:47 PM

I'd say it depends on your profile as an investor, as well as your goal :
- You want to put your savings somewhere else than in the bank so you can have better profit on it, while increasing the risk as less as possible ? => diversify
- You want to try to earn good money via altcoins and those 500$ are what you're willing to loose and you consider it as "part of the game", quite like playing poker. In order to earn more, you are willing to go all-in and perhaps loose those 500$ => choose one of the coins that have the most potential and invest the 500$. Choose a goal (x1,7 ; x2 ; x3,...), write it down and STICK TO IT. Sell half of it/all of it, when it reaches that price and invest in 2/3 other coins with your gains.
- You have 500$ right now but want to inject more in the following months (like me)-> choose one or two coins for now and diversify as soon as you inject more.

In any case, always do researchs on the coin(s) before investing. Be critic.
LaLuna

Activity: 259

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 12:53:47 PM

Hi,

Thanks
I suggest you invest in 2-3 coins.. For me, I have 2 coins.. Rise and Lisk.. Both are good investments..
helloinox

Activity: 181

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:09:17 PM

Hi,

Thanks
Yes, it risky to all in one basket but as I see, 500$ is not really that much so take your time and chose carefully.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:39:17 PM

Not practical if you invest your all amount in 1 altcoin only, it's better if you invest your savings amount into multiple altcoins. Because if you do that even you failed in one altcoin there's a lot of substitute crypto that recover to your lost.

In addition using multiple coins or crypto currency will leads of high income in the future.
Thyristor

Activity: 471

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 01:49:26 PM

Definitely it's a highly risky decision i think.Because don't put your all money in one alt coin it's not good result in future.I suggest you invest in several alt coin.Than you get profit in certain time.
Adalwolf

Activity: 239
Merit: 4

AUTOBAY | Buy Your First Car With Cryptocurrency |

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 02:41:13 PM

in my opinion Yes, too risky. because if at any time the coins down the price then, of course, will cause harm is not a little. But conversely, if the coin soared then will be increasingly doubled profit yan obtained.

Autobay.io   │  The First Decentralized E-commerce platform Buy Sell Cars
JOIN TOKEN SALE    ►   1 OCTOBER 2018   ◄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: