Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:12:49 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTCT.CO] [IPO-cancelled] BTCGARDEN MINER---Eyes to the horizon  (Read 198006 times)
yxxyun

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:36:07 AM

cool! looks nice.
torbank

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 08:47:15 AM

There's nothing wrong with trying to paint a portrait of what they are going to accomplish.
caoxg

Activity: 159

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 08:55:56 AM

There's nothing wrong with trying to paint a portrait of what they are going to accomplish.

Agreed.  They should probably state that on their website.

Come on guys, we are all waiting for some REAL things.

I'm running a Chinese crowdfunding website: dreamchina.com.
yxxyun

Activity: 99

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:09:50 AM

Come on guys, we are all waiting for some REAL things.

aiwill said 

some pictures of our deploment methods have been uploaded to http://www.btcgarden.com/deployment.jsp

BTW: this method is based on water-cooling ,which is expensive , we also have a blower method as cheap as ASICMINER`s, we will try both of them at beginning to see which one is better.

so it is just a method they want to use.

the youtube video I think is real.
oxfeeefeee

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:10:10 AM

Language is the problem here, the web page is titled "BTC Garden mining room deployment plan".
But I have to say it is misleading.
torbank

Activity: 217

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:12:02 AM

I also think that it's real.
dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 09:38:21 AM

I feel kinda like I have seen it before, but those FPGA prototypes aren't really new anyway. If you look closely at the picture you see a timestamp of today in cgminer.

caoxg

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 09:47:02 AM

Could anyone explain the FPGA video to us?
Is this FPGA a very important step of ASIC typeout?

ArcticWolf

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 09:50:28 AM

Its proof that the code works, and can be migrated to an ASIC setup iirc

https://www.crypto-trade.com/ref/arcticwolf Try CryptoTrade.com, a new exchange for trading Currencies and Securities
caoxg

Winter is coming

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2013, 09:52:25 AM

Its proof that the code works, and can be migrated to an ASIC setup iirc

Thanks. So it's a milestone.

Waiting for real ASIC chip!

Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:47:23 AM

Update:

an video of our FPGA  prototype :  http://www.btcgarden.com/videos.jsp  

We had finished this in May although the video was just made 2 hours ago by our engineers at Xi`An

BTW : YOUTUBE is blocked in mainland china for a long long time,so all chinese shareholders please wait for a youku version later at btcman ,sry Sad

Here s a pic of it

Thanks for the video and the update. But why is it hashing at ~500MH/s now? The pic posted by dxxw makes much more sense to me, as that one is showing ~363MH/s, which is more in-line with your chip specs?

Could you also give some more details on the 130nm process you chose to build the chips and final specs? This is very important. You are estimating 1.5W/chip (3.75W/GH) but your chip uses 1.25V@400MH/s (vs 1.2V of an 110nm Avalon for example, and power usage increases by the square of voltage and linearly with frequency, P=C*V^2*f) and I find it intriguing why you need 64 pads if not for extra power?

b)   ASIC brief introduction
SMIC 0.13um;
Core Voltage: 1.2V;
I/O: Voltage: 3.3V;
Core Frequencey: 400MH/s;( @vdd 1.25V);
Number of Pads; 64;
Package lqfp64;

Avalon chip specs
Technology Summary:
   TSMC 0.11- micron G process
       5 Metal
Core Voltage: 1.2 V
I/O Voltage: 3.3 V
Core Frequency: 256+ MHz
Number of Pads: 48
   8 Data
   40+1 Power
Package Type: QFN48 -0.5 Pitch
Packaged Chip Size: 7 mm x 7 mm

Chip Interface
Data Pins (8 in total):
Clock                     i
Serial Data In  [2]       i
Serial Data Out [2]       o
Serial Data Bypass [2]    o
Reserved    [1]    -

Chip power efficienty: 6.6W/GHs @ 1.15 V
dvdrewritable

Activity: 280
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 10:52:53 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 06:01:02 PM by dvdrewritable

Youkou mirror
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTkwODIyNjcy.html

▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     I  D  Ξ  A  O  L  O  G  Y     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄
SUPPORT BRIGHT IDEAS THROUGH CROWDFUNDING
Follow us on:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Medium  |  Youtube
zy02264

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:24:56 AM

Just FYI

This company has a BTC forum in Chinese (like Bitcointalk, but much more smaller of course). The address is (http://bbs.btcman.com/forum.php). The earliest post in that forum posted in late 2012. It also has a BTC exchange in Chinese (like Coinbase, but much more smaller of course). The past 24 hrs trading volume was 1100 coins. The address is (https://btcsea.com). In other words, this company isn't the kind of team suddenly come to public from nowhere. It has been in this industry for really a while. That's probably why there are some guys threw 500+ coins to buy their shares.

I know it needs a lot faith to put your hard earned coins (ok, maybe not that hard) in such a huge IPO with so much uncertainty, especially when the PR here is kind of arrogant and lack of proper communication skill. Also there is significant language barrier. And I really doubt that he care about answering questions from potential investor. The only thing I believe is that this project might turn out to be failure, but its not a scam. Also FYI, I am a shareholder and my opinion above is clearly not independent.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 11:29:32 AM

I doubt you will get answers about 2nd set of shares until (unless?) the first 2M shares are gone ... because I am guessing the strategy will only be finalized once they judge how the initial IPO went.
dxxw

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:20:46 PM

Just FYI

This company has a BTC forum in Chinese (like Bitcointalk, but much more smaller of course). The address is (http://bbs.btcman.com/forum.php). The earliest post in that forum posted in late 2012. It also has a BTC exchange in Chinese (like Coinbase, but much more smaller of course). The past 24 hrs trading volume was 1100 coins. The address is (https://btcsea.com). In other words, this company isn't the kind of team suddenly come to public from nowhere. It has been in this industry for really a while. That's probably why there are some guys threw 500+ coins to buy their shares.

I know it needs a lot faith to put your hard earned coins (ok, maybe not that hard) in such a huge IPO with so much uncertainty, especially when the PR here is kind of arrogant and lack of proper communication skill. Also there is significant language barrier. And I really doubt that he care about answering questions from potential investor. The only thing I believe is that this project might turn out to be failure, but its not a scam. Also FYI, I am a shareholder and my opinion above is clearly not independent.
Can't agree more. :)Everybody should read this and think about it.
oxfeeefeee

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:32:37 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 09:12:39 PM by oxfeeefeee

Just FYI

You are right, and I'm also a shareholder.

The reason why I invested is simple, they are the most promising team in China, and given China is the place where all stuff get manufactured, it's very likely that the next ASICMiner will be China based.
IMHO, one big reason why yifu is the one who created the first ASIC miner is that he's Chinese. In the mining business, time is everything. You really need to be there and have connections if you want to be the fastest. Well, unless you are Apple.

I'm not saying teams in the US or Europe do not have their advantages, they may have better engineers and less risk from government. But let's face it, the manufacturing issue outweighs those advantages. Look at BFL, they build everything in the US, but I'm sure most of their costumers are not satisfied, me included.  

Of course there are risks, e.g. the untested first batch among others. In one year, my shares could be worth nothing, but I'm hopeful that BTCGarden will become a major player.

Anyway, only time will tell. Good luck with our bet! Smiley
abuelau

Activity: 750

www.coinschedule.com

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:33:49 PM

Just FYI

+1

The thing the struck me a while ago was when AsicMiner published a report which mentioned BTC Garden as something to keep an eye on (sorry, don't have the link handy). That was the first time I heard about BTC Garden, but if friedcat thinks he should keep an eye on them, I am happy to invest in them!  Smiley

It's extremely unlikely that they are a scam, they are just from a different country where communication rules are different They probably don't think that they need to keep explaining and justifying themselves in the forum.

Know what's happening in cryptoworld: www.coinschedule.com
Vbs

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:37:56 PM

Just FYI

I really don't think this is a "scam", there is clearly effort put in the hardware design. What I find hard to believe is the chip performance specs/power consumption.

The current ASICs by different manufacturers have shown power efficiency to be heavily correlated to die shrink, especially because of using lower voltages. Respectively, by power efficiency: Bitfury (55nm), BFL (65nm), Asicminer (110nm) and Avalon (110nm).

They are doing a 130nm chip, that's all fine (maybe they can get them at extremely low costs) but I expect it to have less power efficiency, not better. Anyone claiming better power efficiency on 130nm really needs to show how they achieved that, since it's anything less than trivial.
dxxw

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:59:31 PM

Just FYI

+1

The thing the struck me a while ago was when AsicMiner published a report which mentioned BTC Garden as something to keep an eye on (sorry, don't have the link handy). That was the first time I heard about BTC Garden, but if friedcat thinks he should keep an eye on them, I am happy to invest in them!  Smiley

It's extremely unlikely that they are a scam, they are just from a different country where communication rules are different They probably don't think that they need to keep explaining and justifying themselves in the forum.
The link:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220837.0
Upcoming Competition

With other startups like:
•   BitFury & 100 TH/s
•   BTC Garden
•   AMC
•   DIY Manufacturers/Kits (w/ Avalon chips)
•   Others not mentioned

ASICMiner is in the prime position as industry leader and can remain in first place, so long as friedcat and the other board members take the necessary, calculated steps to keep it that way. While these startups still appear to be very unproven (and everyone has their own opinions about them), some have started to make noticeable steps (Bitfury’s 65nm).
dxxw

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 01:11:53 PM

And this:

Q:Do you guys have any relationship with ASICMINER or AVALON?

A: No, but we do have a similar background. We also had some contacts with them through either IM tools or in person, although some of their thoughts / behaviours are hardly accepted by us.

Believe it or not,that's what he said.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: