Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:20:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor or Ledger?  (Read 1404 times)
CryptoRama

Activity: 453
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:32:32 PM

I have ledger wallet s, it's owesome, supports more than just bitcoin. Very secure and very great for everyday use too... My favourite coins are on ledger too, bitcoin and like DGB digibyte, PIVX, Ethereum, NEO, and much more++  And for Monero will come at the start of next year, dunno exact time... You just need update ledger walet, nothing more, one buy, and other coins will be supported soon too...

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
iLatios (OP)

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:28:23 PM

Which hardware wallet to choose? What wallet have you got? Which one is secure? What altcoins can be allocated there?

Trezor Model T is new and will be available only in few months.  It is more expensive and slowly will add more alts.  It for sure is better option if you are not in a hurry and you want to store only top coins at start.
Thank you a lot for information about new model.
I haven't seen any news about upcoming ones. Where I can find info about it?

https://www.blockchainsensei.com/trezor-model-t/

There was preorders  a month ago and was said they will be delivered in January.  I guess after that so in February they will start selling them.
Thank you a lot for this link! It's useful and informative for me.
I am waiting for first comments about new model from its users.
I have read and found information that there was the problem which model will not have for sure. It was said about stealing cryptocurrency from the wallet.
Is it real? I can't imagine how it has happened if there is a special code that you should enter with your fingers
Have you heard something about this situation? Because there is no detail on the article. Team members only promise not to repeat it

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
iLatios (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 03:35:44 PM

Had my Trezors since early 2015 and they have been sitting on my desk behind my monitor for the past 2 years collecting dust.   Needless to say, I got out of the crypto scene and just focused on work until this year.   Never even took them out of the little boxes until I saw in Dec 17 that the price of btc hit 19k !

After cleaning the dust off the boxes, you know I was kind of nervous because I haven't even plugged them in almost 2 years.  Wondered if the little display would work and so forth.  I have my seeds so was no big deal.   Well, plugged the first one in and voila worked like a champ but needed updates badly... was on like ver 1.2 or earlier.   Unplugged and held both buttons down and plugged back in.  Updated flawlessly.  Same with the 2nd one.

There was all my BTC and what the heck there's BCH/BitcoinGold ready to be split in their nice little tool.   Split both coins and sent them to exchanges to be exchanged. LOL OMG that was over 2 years salary just from the split coins.  Since then, they still work just like the day I loaded them up but with more coin options.

Dee
Great! Hope each years will be so profitable for Bitcoin (and others) as this one.

What kind of dust do you mean? Do you mean that old model needs to be renewed to the newest version?

TedNarrative

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 03:47:59 PM

Honestly, I recommend using both. I prefer Trezor but Ledger supports more coins so I need that for the ones that I cannot use Trezor for. 
LesterD

Activity: 665
Merit: 114

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:34:15 PM

Which hardware wallet to choose? What wallet have you got? Which one is secure? What altcoins can be allocated there?
those two are just the same when it comes to security, i am using ledger nano and i can say how secured it is, unlike online wallets i prefer using it than the other.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 04:53:48 PM

I have another queistion - can I buy Trezor/Ledger from local store in my country, if they call themselfs to be official distributors? Is it sequre or should I buy on official site only?
iLatios (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:50:01 PM

I have another queistion - can I buy Trezor/Ledger from local store in my country, if they call themselfs to be official distributors? Is it sequre or should I buy on official site only?
I am not sure about Ledger, but ok official Trezor website I found a list of official dealers.

ThePromise

Activity: 396

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:23:32 PM

of course you can buy as long as it is not fake, those people are just reselling Trezor/ledger from suppliers to earn money, its up to you if where do you want to buy your hardware wallet.

ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:36:07 PM

if for security then I choose trezor because trezor has advantages in the security of a very strong system and until now it does not exist yet news about loss of assets owned if stored in trezor so strongly recommend this trezor for use in storing our assets

DBerendey

Activity: 74
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:19:40 PM

I heard that trezor can keep more currencies than ledger - I mean that you can store more different coins at one time on trezor than on ledger nano - is that true? Maybe someone know something about it. Cause I'm also thinking about buying hardware wallet and by design I prefer ledger nano more, but if trezor can store more coins at one time - it is a big point to buy them.
ac2eugenio

Activity: 275
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:24:32 PM

Both are good wallets but i choose ledger because of its size and pocketibility its not bulky like trezor,and its very cheap compare to its competitors.
AVAMONEY

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 08:57:36 PM

If you just need wallet to saving few coins only, you can pick Trezor, but if you want invest in many coins Ledger are the answer, it has been supported many coins. Both are also secured, there are nothing to worried about the security of these hardware.
IfixTchenTchen

Activity: 149
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:09:50 PM

I am very happy with a Nano Ledger which is cheaper than a Trezor, so for me the choice was clear. Anyone with some REALLY good argument for Trezor?
gamer_2088

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 09:32:07 PM

I plan to order the Ledger. I think is more reliable and versatile. will be ordered on the official website of the manufacturer.

alarsincoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:56:28 PM

I use Ledger Nano S and it seems to me that this is a very convenient wallet. Now it is one of the most convenient wallets, which can be used with the MEW.

killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 09:58:03 PM

I ordered a Ledger Nano S from the manufacturer website.
Could anybody bring a valid argument for the price difference between 2?

Both are very secure, Ledger looks more stylish and portable.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
uncleduckerr

Activity: 202

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:01:14 PM

I am very happy with a Nano Ledger which is cheaper than a Trezor, so for me the choice was clear. Anyone with some REALLY good argument for Trezor?

I do but my side would be biased because I have a Trezor and no Nano. Anybody have both and care to review them one against the other? Being as objective as possible I don't think it matters which you have it all boils down to personal preference of colors and the shape of your wallet. Both function fine and both protect your funds fine.

MattCrypto43

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:28:03 AM

Both are well secure and reliable but i will prefer Trezor as it have slightly better wallet software.
iLatios (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 05:49:58 PM

I do but my side would be biased because I have a Trezor and no Nano. Anybody have both and care to review them one against the other? Being as objective as possible I don't think it matters which you have it all boils down to personal preference of colors and the shape of your wallet. Both function fine and both protect your funds fine.
A friend of mine bought Ledger. He told me that it is perfect for Eth, but not easy to use with altcoins. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it yet, so I can't say nothing more in details.
Also he has made a decision to buy Trezor. Probably, he would have both of them soon and could compare.

Asmus003

Activity: 476
Merit: 113

World-bounty.com

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 05:52:20 PM

I will buy Nano Ledger S at the end of March. I have many ERC20 tokens and any hard wallet doesn`t support them. But Ledger can connect to web-browser to my MEW wallet. It will get a safety to my tokens!

World-bounty.com         Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти нa pyccкoм языкe                                 
                                                                  [   J  O  I  N    N  O  W   ]                                                                                                   
Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти кaмпaний нa pyccкoм языкe. Удoбный кaлeндapь бayнти, тaблицa для мoнитopингa, выбopкa пo видaм зaдaний. Oбyчeниe. Пocтoяннoe paзвитиe caйтa.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: