Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:16:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [HAVELOCK] [XBOND]  (Read 21547 times)
xaviarlol

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 05:19:35 AM

I'm going to have to agree with Tradefortress on this one. While it may be a "different monster", the bottom line is that there are better deals out there that pay back 100% of the initial investment, at any time.

Tradefortress's coinlenders pays 25% APY, BTC-EQTY bonds pay some 22% with interest upfront. etc etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 12:46:50 PM

I'm going to have to agree with Tradefortress on this one. While it may be a "different monster", the bottom line is that there are better deals out there that pay back 100% of the initial investment, at any time.

Tradefortress's coinlenders pays 25% APY, BTC-EQTY bonds pay some 22% with interest upfront. etc etc.

That may be true, but you're not taking into account intangible gains from trading in the bonds for shares in IPOs. If you swap out for a bunch of new shares, and suddenly those shares go up in price over a months time, then the gains could be substantially more than "25% APY", etc. That said, the opposite could always happen as well...

Exocyst

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Science!

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 02:39:33 PM

• If you are able to raise the 2,000BTC, what new offerings do you have planned?
  • Could you please list here all of your previous BTC-denominated offerings, which exchange they were on, their peak market caps, and their current value?
  • Also, it appears you plan to diversify your current offerings of ASICMINER pass-throughs:
    • Is this true?
    • Will you be exercising more neutrality and restraint on this board and on irc?
  • As an ASICMINER board member, do you plan offerings which are directly competitive to ASICMINER (ASIC Hardware Sales or Mining)?

ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2013, 03:18:11 PM

• If you are able to raise the 2,000BTC, what new offerings do you have planned?

Regardless of the amount raised, we already have new offerings in the works. I cannot disclose specifically what they are yet, but consider that in the past 3 months we have issued 4 AM PTs, 3 SMG PTs, 1 PMB, and this bond. We will only issue PTs of stocks we would consider holding ourselves, but surely you will see more. We are also working with a handful of companies that will IPO when the time is right. We are working on other offerings related to Futures, Indexes, etc.

• Could you please list here all of your previous BTC-denominated offerings, which exchange they were on, their peak market caps, and their current value?
    This is all publicly researchable info, I cannot prepare a custom report for you.

• Also, it appears you plan to diversify your current offerings of ASICMINER pass-throughs:
      • Is this true?
      • Will you be exercising more neutrality and restraint on this board and on irc?

Yes, we are diversifying outside of AM-related offerings, it simply makes sense. I am more neutral about AM than you think, you probably just don't feel so because I am anti-something-you-support. I am human, and if you ever have a reasonable problem with comments I make, feel free to contact me and put me in check. Otherwise, I think most people find that I try to be both diplomatic and a purveyor of progress.

• As an ASICMINER board member, do you plan offerings which are directly competitive to ASICMINER (ASIC Hardware Sales or Mining)?

TAT Investments will consider offering anything worthy, regardless of its being in competition with ASICMINER. [/list]
    Exocyst

Science!

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 03:39:15 PM

Regardless of the amount raised, we already have new offerings in the works. I cannot disclose specifically what they are yet, but consider that in the past 3 months we have issued 4 AM PTs, 3 SMG PTs, 1 PMB, and this bond. We will only issue PTs of stocks we would consider holding ourselves, but surely you will see more. We are also working with a handful of companies that will IPO when the time is right. We are working on other offerings related to Futures, Indexes, etc.

1st, thank you for your reply. I do think Futures and Indexes would be a positive addition to the marketplace.

This is all publicly researchable info, I cannot will not prepare a custom report for you.

What about this famous diplomacy of yours? I am not trying to be unreasonable, if you were applying for a loan, I expect the lenders would want this information. In fact, bond purchasers are the lenders, and I therefore expect you to provide this information before I purchase XBOND.

ThickAsThieves (OP)

Activity: 518
    Merit: 500

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 03:50:50 PM

1st, thank you for your reply. I do think Futures and Indexes would be a positive addition to the marketplace.

This is all publicly researchable info, I cannot will not prepare a custom report for you.

What about this famous diplomacy of yours? I am not trying to be unreasonable, if you were applying for a loan, I expect the lenders would want this information. In fact, bond purchasers are the lenders, and I therefore expect you to provide this information before I purchase XBOND.

I considered saying "will not" to be more specific, so you are correct, I will not generate custom reports for you on demand.

We have been very thorough in our description, and if you feel the commitments being offered are not sufficient to balance your risk tolerance, I suggest you do not buy any XBONDs.

No other bitcoin bond issuer offers the level of transparency we are offering combined with features like we are offering (other than maybe Deprived, who keeps things pretty transparent through his fund-issued bonds, but does not offer exchanges).
    Exocyst

Science!

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 04:03:44 PM

I considered saying "will not" to be more specific, so you are correct, I will not generate custom reports for you on demand.

We have been very thorough in our description, and if you feel the commitments being offered are not sufficient to balance your risk tolerance, I suggest you do not buy any XBONDs.

No other bitcoin bond issuer offers the level of transparency we are offering combined with features like we are offering (other than maybe Deprived, who keeps things pretty transparent through his fund-issued bonds, but does not offer exchanges).

I'll just wait for the Indexes and Futures offerings when they come about. Best of luck to you.

Cheers!

ahbartsch

Activity: 165
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:05:13 PM

Aaaaaand

ITS GONE!
    Eb0la

Activity: 350

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:05:40 PM

WAHOO!  I got some! Cheesy
    Ninshatamoto

Activity: 69
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:06:26 PM

Sold out in 6 minutes 40~ seconds.
    josiasrdz

Activity: 112

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:07:52 PM

I got 70

17yN2CQsYGBd3jEcNcWQDua4sViVP7YmC1
    Eb0la

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:08:06 PM

I just got the e-mail saying its going public now.. LOL.. servers got overloaded..
    talz0r

Activity: 43
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:08:53 PM

WOW, that was fast.
    Eb0la

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:09:08 PM

I got 70

70BTC worth?  Nice!
    josiasrdz

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:11:02 PM

lol no 70 shares xD
    coinbase didn't sent my btc on time

BlockChains

Activity: 110

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:13:31 PM

Any idea when this will open for trading for those of us waiting for our deposits to hit?
    T-rage_11

Activity: 74

www.btcaudio.eu || LIVE-AUDIO-TICKER

View Profile WWW
    August 02, 2013, 05:14:25 PM

Any idea when this will open for trading for those of us waiting for our deposits to hit?
    +1

Bitcoin Donation: 1337WiNsz5zEnjCUtpvfGaztJqLe5Wxge2
    www.btcaudio.eu - LIVE-AUDIO-TICKER
    www.t-rage11.bplaced.net - watch & chat
    josiasrdz

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:15:25 PM

when are the next 500,000 shares going to be available?

Ninshatamoto

Activity: 69

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:18:02 PM

The first tranche will be released for sale Friday, August 2nd, at 1PM EST (5PM GMT).

So why not just launch on BTC-TC and BitFunder right away? You're not gaining anything by waiting for the Havelock tranche to finish?

If it sells out on Havelock, I won't be in any rush to open it elsewhere. Just taking it one step at a time.

I see this as a big investment in Havelock on the part of TAT.  And after seeing how quickly it sold out, this could mean more TAT funds will start on Havelock?
    MrBubbles007

Activity: 38
    Merit: 0

View Profile
    August 02, 2013, 05:18:17 PM

Wo-hooo! For once I got in on an IPO Smiley Lots of shares for me
    Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
      Print  

Jump to: