Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 03:19:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448419 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AlexMc

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 03:02:13 AM

I was just checking on the Exodus Address to see how the project funding was coming along.  I noticed it was up to 99 transactions.

I'm afraid I only had pocket change in my Bitcoin wallet, but I couldn't resist getting it to triple digits.

Congratulations on reaching 100 transactions  Grin
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2013, 02:48:43 PM

Oh man, thanks for the encouragement guys. It really means a lot to me. I was offline yesterday (caring for my wife who just had a minor surgery), and it was awesome to come back to see these friendly comments (and triple-digit transactions!)

My tiny slivers of project time are very focused on the next two milestones. I have a very good feeling about what will happen once MasterCoins are no longer for sale at the Exodus Address, and we have a distributed exchange set up. I think most of us (especially me) are long-term MasterCoin investors, so any influx of buyers after this month could make the price go crazy since the vast majority of them won't be available for sale Wink

Can I say that? I hope I can. This is a currency rather than a stock, so hopefully I won't get in trouble. Still I should probably mention that I am not a financial adviser (and you should consult one before investing), past performance does not predict future results, any forward-looking statements are guesses rather than guarantees, results not typical, size enlarged to show texture, and whatever else I am supposed to say to not get in trouble!

ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 12:52:25 PM

I have just finished preparing my MasterCoin presentation for tomorrow's meetup of Israeli Bitcoin Meetup - notes welcome (please on the Google Groups thread).

I believe we will videotape the the meetup, but I will deliver it in Hebrew so the video will be of limited use.
Still the presentation is in English, you may reuse it if you wish.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 07:13:17 PM

I posted a new bounty suggestion / feature request - let's have the greasemonkey script.

Is there a better place to post feature requests? (Well we can post them here / the google group, but we should really have some organized issue tracker. How about a github repo?)

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:00:29 PM

I posted a new bounty suggestion / feature request - let's have the greasemonkey script.

Is there a better place to post feature requests? (Well we can post them here / the google group, but we should really have some organized issue tracker. How about a github repo?)
+1
culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 02:12:56 PM

Sent what I can, GL and hopefully this will be an awesome project.
shakezula

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:52:56 PM

Is there a way to get the GreaseMonkey script to work on the individual tx pages and not only on the Exodus addy page? For example, if I visit my TX log:

http://blockchain.info/tx/407e0a6ae2986693c8e5d35b2e47f973af35239fc53e8561137ee5f320195682

I don't see Mastercoins purchased, but if I visit the overall Exodus address page I do....

Just a quibble I guess, not that I don't love seeing everyone else's transactions!
Ola

Activity: 311

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 07:49:50 PM

great project JR, its good to see you put your advise to work for yourself. I bought some mastercoins and my project will follow yours in crowd funding similarity

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:18:45 PM

Well, the meetup today was great, I think about 25-30 people showed up and we all had interesting discussions about MasterCoin.

One feature that was suggested was "all or nothing transactions" in the distributed exchange.
It's essentially a bit added to the buy/sell offers of a given currency, that will make the offer only match counter-offers that want to exchange the entire amount (no partially filled offers will be accepted).

I don't have a Forex background myself, the suggestion was based on the existence of a similar feature in various Forex markets.

Ola

Activity: 311

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 10:15:34 PM

Well, the meetup today was great, I think about 25-30 people showed up and we all had interesting discussions about MasterCoin.

One feature that was suggested was "all or nothing transactions" in the distributed exchange.
It's essentially a bit added to the buy/sell offers of a given currency, that will make the offer only match counter-offers that want to exchange the entire amount (no partially filled offers will be accepted).

I don't have a Forex background myself, the suggestion was based on the existence of a similar feature in various Forex markets.

Good idea Ron. I will suggest this as one of the discussion points at my meet-up in NYC. Also, Ron Just in case you were wondering we are friends on FB I sent you that message about your evangelizing

Nxter,Bitcoiner,Ether highlevel developer working to improve the world.
Wagner2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 01:16:20 AM

I have a few (admittedly basic) questions regarding investing a small sum in this venture. If there is a FAQ for a newbie, please link.

I would appreciate if anyone can advise on the following:

1) You can not invest using a web-based wallet, but I assume investing from my own Bitcoin QT wallet installed on my PC would work, correct?

2) You need to use a new (separate) address for sending bitcoins to the exodus address, correct?

3) You will receive 100 mastercoins for each bitcoin sent? How do your receive these? How is this verified? Can you receive mastercoins in your bitcoin wallet? When do you receive them?

4) There will be no new mastercoins created after the investment deadline of end of August? How does the total invested amount = optimal # of mastercoins needed to make system work? The method of creating mastercoins creates an arbitrary #.

Thank you.

Hello, fellow Bitcoin Billionaires!!
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 05:10:41 AM

I have a few (admittedly basic) questions regarding investing a small sum in this venture. If there is a FAQ for a newbie, please link.

1) You can not invest using a web-based wallet, but I assume investing from my own Bitcoin QT wallet installed on my PC would work, correct?

2) You need to use a new (separate) address for sending bitcoins to the exodus address, correct?

3) You will receive 100 mastercoins for each bitcoin sent? How do your receive these? How is this verified? Can you receive mastercoins in your bitcoin wallet? When do you receive them?

4) There will be no new mastercoins created after the investment deadline of end of August? How does the total invested amount = optimal # of mastercoins needed to make system work? The method of creating mastercoins creates an arbitrary #.

Thank you.

No FAQ yet (we should definitely make one).

1) bitcoin-qt and also blockchain.info are safe - any wallet where you control the privaet keys is ok.
2) You don't have to use a new address, it might make your internal accounting easier.
3) You will receive a bit more than 100 MSC per BTC sent. There is a 10% "early adopter bonus" per week of early sending before the deadline (continuous). You receive your MSC the instant you send them ... you can try the greasmonkey script (see above in the thread) to verify you do have them.
4) Correct, up to a small amount created at the Exodus address (10% of its content I believe). There is no "optimal number of MSC" ... just like the total number of BTC, the total number of MSC doesn't matter in itself - they're divisible enough.

ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 05:16:12 AM

Good idea Ron. I will suggest this as one of the discussion points at my meet-up in NYC. Also, Ron Just in case you were wondering we are friends on FB I sent you that message about your evangelizing

Now I make the connection, thanks for reminding me.
Feel free to use my presentation if you'd like, I put a good few hours of work into it, and it has cool animations Smiley

Wagner2014

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 05:48:54 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2013, 07:02:53 AM by Wagner2014

Thank you.

No FAQ yet (we should definitely make one).

1) bitcoin-qt and also blockchain.info are safe - any wallet where you control the privaet keys is ok.
2) You don't have to use a new address, it might make your internal accounting easier.
3) You will receive a bit more than 100 MSC per BTC sent. There is a 10% "early adopter bonus" per week of early sending before the deadline (continuous). You receive your MSC the instant you send them ... you can try the greasmonkey script (see above in the thread) to verify you do have them.
4) Correct, up to a small amount created at the Exodus address (10% of its content I believe). There is no "optimal number of MSC" ... just like the total number of BTC, the total number of MSC doesn't matter in itself - they're divisible enough.

Thank you.

So as of today there would be 2,157 x 100 (plus bonus) = 215,700 plus 10% weekly bonus MSC

You receive the coins instantly but need a script to verify? This I don't understand. The MSCs are sent to the same wallet that you sent the bitcoins from? The wallet made for bitcoin can receive mastercoins?

Edit: I found the "MasterCoin Complete Speculation" document which will hopefully answer some of my questions...

Hello, fellow Bitcoin Billionaires!!
hmmmstrange

Activity: 669
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 07:39:17 AM

Wagner2014,

Just the act of sending coins to the address is all that is needed to purchase mastercoins. Coins received at that address and at what date and time before aug 1st is how your mastercoin total is calculated. The greasemonkey script is just to calculate the amount of mastercoins purchased(seems to be a little bug in it now).
ripper234
Legendary

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 09:08:35 AM

I have just finished preparing my MasterCoin presentation for tomorrow's meetup of Israeli Bitcoin Meetup - notes welcome (please on the Google Groups thread).

I believe we will videotape the the meetup, but I will deliver it in Hebrew so the video will be of limited use.

Slides are also available on slideshare for any of you who are interested.

Tachikoma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 02:04:42 PM

Would it make sense to get an exodus address for (bitcoin) testnet?

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks | Bytesized Seedboxes BTC/LTC supported
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
August 26, 2013, 03:15:05 PM

Good point- why not?

more or less retired.
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 04:19:04 PM

Good point- why not?

"Test MasterCoins" were created for this purpose - everybody gets the same number of MasterCoins and Test MasterCoins, and both run on top of the main bitcoin block chain. This simplifies development somewhat.

dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2013, 04:23:31 PM

Slides are also available on slideshare for any of you who are interested.

Ron, I think you have earned considerable additional credit for receiving MasterCoins on the giveaway thread Smiley

The slides I looked at really threw me for a loop when some of the pictures had English words right-to-left instead of left-to-right - it took me a minute to figure out, but I assume this made sense to people who are used to reading Hebrew.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: