Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:26:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MasterCoin: New Protocol Layer Starting From “The Exodus Address”  (Read 448418 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:26:04 PM

So who will take over the implementation of mastercoind?
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jeroenn13

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 01:23:44 PM

What is the status on this news from the weekly update last week:

"Further, support to decode Simple Sends, next to the support we already had for Fundraiser decoding balance is correctly calculated for both Fundraiser and Simple Send transactions.An alpha release is targeted around the 21st of February, with focus purely on a Simple Send read-only balance."

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 02:04:41 PM

We have a very good development team and are actively hiring more people.
Nothing changes regarding the March 15 deadline for the DEx (mastercoind was not going to make that deadline anyway).

In fact, we have some thoughts about the continuation of mastercoind - we have seen that mastercoin-tools is a fully functional library that supports several good implementations, and it may be a great basis for the project going forward and make the Go based mastercoind much less urgent. It is now much more of "reference implementation" that mastercoind.

We may still sponsor/develop the continuation of a high performance Go based imlementation AKA mastercoind - but it's just not in our focus right now.

Hint: expect some cool releases next week for at least two mastercoin wallets. Mastercoin will finally start getting usable!

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:39:35 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2014, 06:25:46 PM by vokain

In fact, we have some thoughts about the continuation of mastercoind - we have seen that mastercoin-tools is a fully functional library that supports several good implementations, and it may be a great basis for the project going forward and make the Go based mastercoind much less urgent. It is now much more of "reference implementation" that mastercoind.

We may still sponsor/develop the continuation of a high performance Go based imlementation AKA mastercoind - but it's just not in our focus right now.

so I guess the next question might be, will mastercoin-tools help new developers pick up and go like mastercoind was purportedly supposed to do? What will mastercoind do that mastercoin-tools can't, if anything?
junsha

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:14:09 PM

1. Should Android wallet based on the GO stuff?

2. Will Tachikoma leave some design documents, I mean not only code, but things like use case, class diagram, sequence chart ,state machine... just like a real software engineering process.

This makes other engineer(s) easy to catch up.
And a good design makes easy to maintain and add new features.
dacoinminster (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1031

Rational Exuberance

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 06:15:08 PM

2. Will Tachikoma leave some design documents, I mean not only code, but things like use case, class diagram, sequence chart ,state machine... just like a real software engineering process.

This makes other engineer(s) easy to catch up.
And a good design makes easy to maintain and add new features.

1. No. It should probably use the existing bitcoin wallet as a starting point

2. Yes, and he'll still be around for questions

udecker

Activity: 142
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:13:42 AM

Regarding using mastercoin-tools as your reference client, be aware that it is based deeply around libbitcoin/sx/obliesk. Currently, AFAIK these tools do not compile under Windows. There is some talk about it, but nothing has come out of that yet. Doing some work around that would probably be one of your first steps, along with an automated build system for all supported architectures. Maybe create a bounty or something similar to help move that along.

Beyond that, mastercoin-tools' method of data storage is error prone and may need some work (i.e. many .json files on the drive, instead of a database -- lacking ACID, data controls, etc). Plus, it calls out to sx and manually parses through the output of the command, which will be lacking performance-wise (i.e. rapid process instantiation/takedown) and command output string parsing is normally pretty fragile by nature.

Past that, it may work... not sure of the API...haven't taken a good look there.

Care to lend a hand?  Wink

]
rbdrbd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 12:37:14 AM

Regarding using mastercoin-tools as your reference client, be aware that it is based deeply around libbitcoin/sx/obliesk. Currently, AFAIK these tools do not compile under Windows. There is some talk about it, but nothing has come out of that yet. Doing some work around that would probably be one of your first steps, along with an automated build system for all supported architectures. Maybe create a bounty or something similar to help move that along.

Beyond that, mastercoin-tools' method of data storage is error prone and may need some work (i.e. many .json files on the drive, instead of a database -- lacking ACID, data controls, etc). Plus, it calls out to sx and manually parses through the output of the command, which will be lacking performance-wise (i.e. rapid process instantiation/takedown) and command output string parsing is normally pretty fragile by nature.

Past that, it may work... not sure of the API...haven't taken a good look there.

Hah, actually, you got to my post before I could delete it. Dang. Smiley

And actually, the reason I deleted it on second thought is because based on my earlier experiences with a mastercoin reference client (as well as initially putting the idea out there), I didn't want to kick off anything else or get involved in any degree... nor do I have the time. However, honestly I just wanted to throw in a few pointers that may help your team out.  Just some technical considerations to be aware of, as you consider potential reference clients. Best of luck!
udecker

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:40:29 AM

Hah, actually, you got to my post before I could delete it. Dang. Smiley

And actually, the reason I deleted it on second thought is because based on my earlier experiences with a mastercoin reference client (as well as initially putting the idea out there), I didn't want to kick off anything else or get involved in any degree... nor do I have the time. However, honestly I just wanted to throw in a few pointers that may help your team out.  Just some technical considerations to be aware of, as you consider potential reference clients. Best of luck!

I’m glad I captured it.  Cool

Honestly, development progress is coming along quite nicely, and several teams are already in testing of their work.  I’m quite impressed with what I’m seeing. 

The items you described above (and that I quickly captured, because good comments need to stick around) are some conceptual elements that are being discussed and addressed, as we speak.  Not saying we’ve solved them, but they’re on deck.

Please don’t hesitate to offer pointers, or to get more heavily involved.  The more masterminds the better.

The most recent dev update has been prepared and posted by Ryan :
http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/02/22/development-update-7-wallets-and-smart-naming/

In it, you’ll see lots of updates on where we are, what we’re doing, and where we’re headed. 

Anyone wanna come along?

Craig

]
udecker

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:52:56 AM

I was wondering about what will happen to the test mastercoins...
will they be deleted when the protocol is working? Otherwise,
 it could be that they become valuable as well.

Selnu, TMSC are not deleted. 

TMSC are used to test new features on the Master Protocol, and TMSC do not have value.  They are only active for new features until a certain block number is designated for release, at which point MSC become active to use with those features.

TMSC having any value would undermine its' purpose, and any TMSC used for testing new features should be returned to the location from where they were obtained, including faucets, to keep them recyclable for new features in the future.

]
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 01:58:14 AM

http://blog.mastercoin.org/2014/02/22/development-update-7-wallets-and-smart-naming/

In it, you’ll see lots of updates on where we are, what we’re doing, and where we’re headed. 

Anyone wanna come along?

Craig

Good to see (promising) updates. I liked the concept of “Proof of Sacrifice”, great idea to filter assets spams.

Can't wait to be around mid-march Smiley
ripper234
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Ron Gross

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 07:19:53 AM

1. No. It should probably use the existing bitcoin wallet as a starting point

Well ... a pure Android wallet wouldn't be written in either Python or Go, but rather in Java.
A wallet that relies on the server can use whatever server tech for backend including mastercoin-tools.

Please do not pm me, use ron@bitcoin.org.il instead
Mastercoin Executive Director
Co-founder of the Israeli Bitcoin Association
editor499

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 22, 2014, 10:38:44 AM

Please don’t hesitate to offer pointers, or to get more heavily involved.  The more masterminds the better.

Anyone wanna come along?

Craig

wow, thanks for sharing  Cheesy
zathras

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:51:31 AM

Hey guys,

Quick x-post to say I'll be releasing the first proper alpha of my wallet for testing later tonight.

You guys whom have done Class A sends manually via the advisor script would be great first testers Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484025.0

Thanks Smiley
Zathras

Smart Property & Distributed Exchange: Master Protocol for Bitcoin
littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:26:17 AM

Hey guys,

Quick x-post to say I'll be releasing the first proper alpha of my wallet for testing later tonight.

You guys whom have done Class A sends manually via the advisor script would be great first testers Smiley

Thanks Smiley
Zathras
great job!
buy msc!
 Grin
hill

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:57:56 AM

Hey guys,

Thanks Smiley
Zathras
NICE!

Good Luck For Everyone!
520Bit

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:33:59 AM

Keep moving, I can't wait to see how MSC will go to the moon.
bitwhizz
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:07:16 AM

Amazing, well done, testing it asap
qznc

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 09:08:24 AM

Nice job, way to go!
littleblue

Activity: 285

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:07:03 PM

any good news about wallet? Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: