Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:29:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not Money, is Faith  (Read 870 times)
RodneyKings

Activity: 213
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:46:45 AM

For me Bitcoin is money and faith. Money because you can convert it to cash and spend it anywhere you like and faith because you really need faith in waiting for it to profit. So BTC for me is both.
HappyLocust41

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:48:23 AM

Faith it not enough especially if you are looking at its current performance in terms of a payment platform. I think things will get even worse.
v3liana

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:50:59 AM

I think we should not value Bitcoin by Money, but by faith. Just hold and let it change the world.
yes its what bitcoin is. too much people believe it will going up. and all people buy it and expect big return. this is what we call ponzi scheme that makes the value increasing so high and soon it will be pop out and everything is in vain.

senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 08:51:08 AM

Bitcoin is not a religion. He can not be grounded in faith. Such a statement is not true. However, here, after all, it is necessary to clarify what is specifically implied by this word, as applied to bitcoin. Blind faith here is useless. But the optimistic faith in the future bitcoin will only benefit him.
futuris

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:08:57 AM

I think we should not value Bitcoin by Money, but by faith. Just hold and let it change the world.
Bitcoin, dollar, gold - this and many other values in our world are conditional and have no value without our belief in them.
goaldigger

Activity: 2394
Merit: 357

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:30:30 AM

Yes, bitcoin can be earned through just holding but it is not just its function. The main reason of bitcoin is use it as a currency and a currency is a medium of exchange which is done in liquid and not by holding it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
GraciousBanshee47

Activity: 79

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:31:53 AM

We should believe in Bitcoin as a breakthrough in technology instead of believing in it because of how its price rises.
sunno330

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

homt.net

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 09:53:03 AM

There is no substitute for Digital Currency or Cryptocurrency to revolutionize any country. Its role is very much due to any development. So it should not be worth comparison.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:09:53 AM

Someone once said, "Wealth is not evil, but the worship of Money is" The word "Faith" links to religion and should not be associated with Bitcoin. We do not worship Bitcoin, but we hope that Bitcoin will be able the change the world. <for different reasons>

I hope it will be affordable enough to enable micro payments and to include the unBanked people of this world. ^smile^
Well said, a strong belief or faith is something else that doesn't fit here with bitcoin. Everyone is aware of the risk involves here, and everyone has a fear deep inside them even if they rely on bitcoin or do believe that it will keep growing further.
Bitcoin is a currency and is treated like an asset, investment or money. I myself believe that bitcoin can change the world economy and money system if it keep growing like this but no one knows the future so we can't take it as a faith.
Hirameki

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 10:15:11 AM

We should believe in Bitcoin as a breakthrough in technology instead of believing in it because of how its price rises.
Bitcoin is just a product, the technology that revolutionized the financial industry is the blockchain technology. Everyday  we can see how this technology improve our lives. Bitcoin on the other hand, makes a good entrance in the market and become famous. Also, the problems solved by bitcoin is something worthy that is why its price goes higher as time goes on.

icoDealDeckcom

Activity: 46

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 10:28:06 AM

Someone once said, "Wealth is not evil, but the worship of Money is" The word "Faith" links to religion and should not be associated with Bitcoin. We do not worship Bitcoin, but we hope that Bitcoin will be able the change the world. <for different reasons>

I hope it will be affordable enough to enable micro payments and to include the unBanked people of this world. ^smile^
Well said, a strong belief or faith is something else that doesn't fit here with bitcoin. Everyone is aware of the risk involves here, and everyone has a fear deep inside them even if they rely on bitcoin or do believe that it will keep growing further.
Bitcoin is a currency and is treated like an asset, investment or money. I myself believe that bitcoin can change the world economy and money system if it keep growing like this but no one knows the future so we can't take it as a faith.

From your lips to gods ear.
Leopardon29

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:29:28 AM

Bitcoin is money built on the belief that the technology it runs on is a breakthrough. I think the 'faith' you are talking about is its price going up.
rancidgash

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 10:53:55 AM

There are different ways to make money with Bitcoin, such as mining, speculation, or starting a new business.  Everyone has to make an accurate estimate of the costs and risks associated with these projects.of course, all this can not be done without faith
minisegway

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:04:30 AM

Not a bad phrase, somehow remembered. But everything in this world is done not just by faith, but also by the hands of a person, by his brains, by his actions - that's why everyone decides to influence the world, or leave it the same.
Memenya

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:06:07 AM

I dont really agree with this. We should not value bitcoin with just faith.  But its  your opinion.
For me, bitcoin is money. I value bitcoin with money. Investment and currency are the way i call it.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:48:29 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2017, 12:24:10 PM by Victorycoin

Bitcoin is nt money it is faith it is religion it is occult science it is mania it is more than technology and money in real
Looks to me you're probably unable to grasp the huge followership Bitcoin enjoys and the fact that it keeps waxing stronger each passing day even in the face of the one too many disagreeable situations before it and for that you think it must be a supernatural phenomenon. I think you might want to know that Bitcoin unlike all forms of money before it, never brought as much convenience and freedom to the table as Bitcoin does and given that people have long been yearning for a change in our money systems until they found one in Bitcoin and they're reaching out with both hands. One thing should be certain, things are just getting started!
jakezyrus

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:00:33 PM

Bitcoin is not a religion. He can not be grounded in faith. Such a statement is not true. However, here, after all, it is necessary to clarify what is specifically implied by this word, as applied to bitcoin. Blind faith here is useless. But the optimistic faith in the future bitcoin will only benefit him.
lol yeah. bitcoin is not a religion or a form of cult that we should praise or have a faith on it however you still need to believe on it in terms of investing or any other forms of income opportunity because without it, you might get easily give up and loose hope like for example if bitcoin price has drop then you should have faith to hold that someday bitcoin will still recover because if not, then you'll loose your invested capital or potential profit. Overall bitcoin still a money or a currency that we must use actively for buying or sending payments and not just to hold it and praise it like a god.
mostkey

Activity: 742
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:41:37 PM

No,though bitcoin is a faith but you can not say that it is not a money.We earn bitcoin and exchange with usd.After that we can make them into cash easily.Thus bitcoin is a faith as well as a money.
faith? I am sure if bitcoin is considered faith. it is a distorted action bitcoin is something that makes money and not to be considered faith. I do not understand with those who think that way. from which angle they look at it so bitcoin can be a different meaning
tonmoycrypto

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 12:46:23 PM

lol nothing to say u mate its not a faith its a digital currency and its a have a bright future any other currency .  bitcoin is good investment too also
CutieDuck

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 01:29:57 PM

I agree "Bitcoin is not money" because the price is fluktuative, we can't predict the value of bitcoin. For me, bitcoin as same as trading shares, sometimes our prediction can be true and sometimes wrong. But, in my opinion play bitcoin give more advantages rather than disadvantages. Bitcoin is new era in the trading. Using it more simple rather than use money, for example bitcoin saved in 'wallet' and only need wifi/internet we can transfer our bitcoin to another people without bringing it (like money, can u imagine if we want to take 1btc into the money, its really much money)
But i disagree that bitcoin as a faith, but it is like a trust and lucky. If we trust in bitcoin and we are lucky person, our fate can be better because of the effect of bitcoin  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: