Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:06:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Comparison of Marijuana-themed Coins  (Read 766 times)
t3hpwnographer (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 06:13:53 PM

Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 36.5%

Top 5 changes: None

Development changes: None.

Marijuana coins followed the same trend as every other altcoin during Bitcoin's plunge below $10k; red everywhere. Once BTC started to level out once again they continued to follow the trend and most managed to start going green again. The coming weeks will be very interesting, especially once California and others start reporting income from their recent legalization.

I'm a bit behind on news updates at the moment. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to make sure everything is current.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manlyxman

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:18:28 PM

Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 36.5%

Marijuana coins followed the same trend as every other altcoin during Bitcoin's plunge below $10k; red everywhere. Once BTC started to level out once again they continued to follow the trend and most managed to start going green again. The coming weeks will be very interesting, especially once California and others start reporting income from their recent legalization.

I'm a bit behind on news updates at the moment. Hopefully this weekend I'll have some time to make sure everything is current.

Thanks for the updates. I'm not to keen on marijuana coins right now but it's still interesting to see how they grow. Might change my mind later.
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 03:58:36 PM

Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 5%

Though the total market cap for marijuana coins has gone down, not every coin is dropping. Most of the loss seems to be coming from the top 3 coins, especially HempCoin (THC). Meanwhile DopeCoin (DOPE) and CannabisCoin (CANN) have both seen increases in their market caps over the past week. The gains are small, but any sort of upward motion is welcome after the recent crypto bloodbath.
Cryptogenetic

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:04:25 PM

Logically, just like every cryptocurrency out there, this is an investment either for short or long term. Cryptocurrencies are popular right now because everyone sees them as a way to make money. The CannaSOS platform is trying to get rid of the word investment because it will most likely have a self-regulating platform that will minimize volatility of the token – so it won’t promise 1000% returns like Bitcoin. Of course logically the price will go up with more users, but this could be a good long term purchase.
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 06:15:48 PM

Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 38%

Development changes: None

Bitcoin's downward trend continues, so it's not very surprising to see losses like this. Most of the total market cap was lost by the top 5 coins, with HempCoin (THC) dropping by nearly 50%. However, the coins with active devs are still pushing on despite panicking traders. HempCoin (THC) has a hard fork planned for later this month that will introduce masternodes. DopeCoin (DOPE) has made more progress on CryptoBillings and have introduced a bounty program for signing businesses up. Tokes (TKS) continues to announce new partnerships. There is still much to be excited about amidst the bearish market activity!
Nekojeeta

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:15:19 PM

I'm surprised by how many exist as well. I know THC is planning on masternodes, but that their develops have been really bad hitting self imposed roadmap targets and even worse at communication (check out their reddit thread).

Do any other the other coins have teams have strong community outreach and any others planning on masternodes?
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 12:06:05 AM

wow, I didn't even know that there are so many coins that are associated with cannabis. I know HempCoin (THC), PotCoin (POT), DopeCoin (DOPE), CannabisCoin (CANN), but the others was a surprise for me. Thanks for this useful comparison and for updates! I'll be watching this topic, because these tokens are becoming increasingly popular
Happy to provide the info Grin There could be even more out there as well; I didn't even know about Paragon (currently #3 of all marijuana coins) until someone mentioned it in this thread.

I'm surprised by how many exist as well. I know THC is planning on masternodes, but that their develops have been really bad hitting self imposed roadmap targets and even worse at communication (check out their reddit thread).

Do any other the other coins have teams have strong community outreach and any others planning on masternodes?

As I've been researching these coins it seems to me that the ones with the most community involvement are DopeCoin, Tokes, and Growers International. Some of the other active coins are still fairly involved, but not quite to the same degree.

But I haven't seen anything about any other coins moving towards masternodes. Quite a few of them are PoS though, so it's still possible to passively earn coins (though perhaps not as consistently or as much value as a masternode would provide).
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 06:07:48 PM

Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 6%

It looks like the worst of the BTC dip has passed (for now), which means it's time for alts to start performing again! Marijuana coins are still down overall due to a couple of the biggest coins sustaining significant losses during BTC's drop, mainly HempCoin (THC) and Paragon (PRG). Things are starting to turn around, however, as both Potcoin (POT) and DopeCoin (DOPE) increased their market caps during the past the week. These changes have helped narrow the gap between the top 5 marijuana coins, especially THC and POT. Tokes (TKS) is also closing in on CannabisCoin (CANN) for the number 5 spot with right around a $1 million market cap difference. We could be in store for a few big shakeups over the next few weeks!
Nivelir

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:13:43 PM

I've never supported tokens with drugs, just like I've never supported drugs, I'd rather support something else, like the coin Deyneris Targarien. Well, why destroy yourself? After all, there is a lot of useful entertainment.
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 06:25:27 PM

Very good comparison. We need more good info like yours. Keep up the good work!
BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 08:07:01 PM

Now coins of this class are becoming popular as legalized in some States marijuana , and these coins will be the payment system . They grew very well before the market correction
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 12:39:44 AM

I've never supported tokens with drugs, just like I've never supported drugs, I'd rather support something else, like the coin Deyneris Targarien. Well, why destroy yourself? After all, there is a lot of useful entertainment.
I'm curious to know how you feel about privacy coins like Dash or even BTC itself, since coins like that have been adopted by the illegal drug market (meanwhile most of the coins listed here are directed at the legal cannabis industry). Is it just the coin's theme that throws you off, rather than the actual use?

Very good comparison. We need more good info like yours. Keep up the good work!
Thanks, glad you appreciate it! Grin the +merit link is right over there >
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 03:54:13 PM

Minor update: I've added the "On the Radar" section at the bottom of the main list where I will add links to coins/tokens that aren't yet listed on CoinMarketCap. These mostly seem to be in the ICO or pre-ICO stage. I'm not going to bother listing more information about them until they establish themselves enough to make the 'real' list.

If anyone is aware of any others I should add, please let me know!
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:58:02 PM

Honestly i don't find your topic interesting it has a lack of news and informations you don't include important updates this 2018 like in the hempcoin(THC) and the future events that will gonna happen this year. For the price its not good to update always. There is an apps and i think you want to gain only some attention here for possible donations or merits. Correct me if im wrong its upon my whole point looking for what you did.
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 03:59:12 PM

Honestly i don't find your topic interesting it has a lack of news and informations you don't include important updates this 2018 like in the hempcoin(THC) and the future events that will gonna happen this year. For the price its not good to update always. There is an apps and i think you want to gain only some attention here for possible donations or merits. Correct me if im wrong its upon my whole point looking for what you did.
I'm not sure what you're talking about in regards to HempCoin (THC) seeing as I've already linked to their tweet regarding their hard fork and masternodes. As far as I can tell that's the last time they've released any sort of news regarding their coin or the business around it.

I think you've missed the point of this thread. As I state in the OP, the purpose of my list is to point out which coins have actual ties to the industry they take their name from. I started it because I've grown tired of seeing coins that are dead or not linked to the cannabis industry at all getting pumped whenever there's big news (like California's legalization). Most people aren't willing to do much research on the various coins they invest in, so I hoped to shed some light on coins that actually deserve attention by combining it all in one page. This is not meant to be a price watching thread, that is included only to give people a quick idea of the value of the biggest coins on the list without having to open 16 different tabs to compare market caps.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like the only reason you're posting at all is to make sure you meet a requirement for a bounty Wink But yes, I certainly would like some merit if the point of merit is to reward helpful posts and multiple people in this topic have stated that they found it useful. Not all of us were lucky enough to achieve a high rank before they implemented the change, so we can't all get away with meaningless posts.
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 06:15:02 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2018, 11:51:11 PM by t3hpwnographer

Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Up 34%

Development changes: Bongger (BGR) changed to Potentially Active due to a recent post by the dev. Warning added to Paragon (PRG) due to a class action lawsuit being filed against them in America.

Finally, everything is looking green! The biggest losers during BTC's dip seem to be regaining much of the ground they lost. A few interesting developments have sprung up recently, such as a class action lawsuit being filed against the Paragon team for their ICO in California, USA. It will be interesting to see how this affects the coin's performance going forward, as it currently has one of the biggest rebounds of any marijuana-related coin.
cryptobobo

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 06:27:00 PM

So this is why THC or Hempcoin is pumping right now because a fork will come on february 23?
This  could be a good news for the HOLDERS of THC,we will make a lot of money in the next few days i am going to buy more today! I have been a  follower of marijuana coins for quite a while,we need legalization all over the continent!

t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 11:50:03 PM

So this is why THC or Hempcoin is pumping right now because a fork will come on february 23?
This  could be a good news for the HOLDERS of THC,we will make a lot of money in the next few days i am going to buy more today! I have been a  follower of marijuana coins for quite a while,we need legalization all over the continent!
Yeah, people tend to go crazy for masternodes these days. One would hope they're doing the hard fork for the good of their network, but I suppose most will welcome the associated rise in price as well Tongue
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 06:13:22 PM

Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 30%

Top 5 changes: Potcoin (POT) moves +1 to #1, HempCoin (THC) moves -1 to #2 (also note that at the time market caps were gathered, Tokes (TKS) was behind #5 ranked CannabisCoin (CANN) by less than $5,000)

The throne has changed hands for the first time since I started this list two months ago! Coming off of a very up-and-down week for crypto, Potcoin (POT) managed to stay fairly steady while HempCoin (THC) lost over 50% of its value. Now we'll see if Potcoin can hold on to the top spot or if HempCoin will make a vengeful return. Most of the other listed coins also lost what they had gained back during BTC's recovery, though a couple of the smaller coins like GanjaCoin (MRJA) managed some upward motion.

News updates will be coming later tonight or over the weekend; whenever I can find the time.
t3hpwnographer (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:05:05 PM

Weekly Update

Total market cap change: Down 30%

Top 5 changes: Tokes (TKS) moves into #5, CannabisCoin (CANN) is no longer in top 5

Development changes: Marijuanacoin (MAR) downgraded to not active after failing to deliver any updates during February like their website promised. There may be a community takeover of this coin at some point.

While the overall market cap of marijuana coins is significantly down for the second week in a row, things aren't so bleak for many of the coins on the list. A few of the smaller cap coins managed to make some nice gains, including Tokes which gained enough to push CannabisCoin out of the top 5. The big change from last week is holding as well, with HempCoin (THC) falling further behind Potcoin (POT).
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: