Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:10:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people buying Ripple?  (Read 2049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ulhaq (OP)

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:16:39 PM

• it is explicitly (or at least formerly) not considered a currency
  • it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.
Coin.Master636

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:20:02 PM

• it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.

Your third point is probably the reason. People hear "banks use it" and they heavily invest in it, because banks are trusted these days. On the other hand: transaction times are pretty fast and fees are usually pretty low, so it is perfectly usable.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
NoSkyLimit

Activity: 171
Merit: 50

Crypto will save my kids!

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:23:05 PM

Is this a joke right ? Or a big promo ? one of these 2 anyway. Ripple are the bankings systems and we all hate banks here so only the bank lovers will buy ripple and hold ripple. It's okay to speculate the price and other things but I wouldn't keep rippple anyway.

▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌         Games        ANYONE        Bitcointalk              ▐▀   ▄▀▄  █▄  █ █  █  ▀▌
▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌      Referral      Investment      Discord  |  Github       ▐    █▄█  █ ▀▄█ ▀▄▄▀   ▌
▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌     Dividents       Platform       Twitter  |  Telegram     ▐▄  █   █ █   █ ▄▄▀   ▄▌
ulhaq (OP)

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:24:59 PM

On the other hand: transaction times are pretty fast and fees are usually pretty low, so it is perfectly usable.

Perfectly usable for what? Is anyone using it for said purpose?
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:28:28 PM

On the other hand: transaction times are pretty fast and fees are usually pretty low, so it is perfectly usable.

Im afraid nobody is using any altcoin for anything that isn't pumping and then dumping it for more bitcoin.

Ripple is a total shitcoin, it's pointless if you care about anything that isn't moving money fast from A to B without the underlying details. Any shitcoin can do this. Dogecoin can do this, any of the bitcoin forks can do this, this is not the point and this is not why bitcoin is valuable (only a part, but not everything).

So the answer is obvious: speculation. Ripple is pumped by X Y or Z big company = speculation starts and we have these peaks on the price, that is all.
JanEmil

Activity: 2338
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 04:28:48 PM

Like all other crypto. You buy because the price go up. At the moment use do not matter that much. Speculation for the future only.

Coin.Master636

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:29:08 PM

For transferring cryptos. I know a lot of people in my vicinity preferring Ripple for transferring between exchanges because of the speed and low fees.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
lion1987

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 04:30:19 PM

I think also point 3 is the main reason.
My first Coin was Ripple, for that reason. Banks use it, banks do not want to lose money.
When I dived deeper into crypto I sold the coin, unfortunately, if you look at the course, too soon ...
But I can live with it. In my crypto career Ripple will never hit my portfolio again

Edit: But i have to say i use Ripple to transfer my funds from one exchange to another bcs honstly its fucking fast and cheap

Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:36:58 PM

The very reason the moment I was gonna decide to buy more Ripple coins is that it's very cheap and it is one of the top 100 Altcoins so I know Ripple will be going somewhere so I grabbed the best opportunity while it's cheaper than today.
Fria

Activity: 182
Merit: 40

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:40:36 PM

Like all other crypto. You buy because the price go up. At the moment use do not matter that much. Speculation for the future only.

Indeed, that's the main reason behind because time is ticking and and the moment you waste time you'll gotta waste money and coins also.
Now, knowing that Ripple is one of the future coin and some banks are going to support it is just a lucky decision.
My experience is I read their white paper and the company background after I bought bulk coins in the trade.
WasTriffin

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:47:04 PM

Why use ripple ??

https://ripple.com/xrp/

WasTriffin ..
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:48:05 PM

+1

Not enough sane threads like this in the sea of greed and bullshit.

Not your keys, not your coins!
velive08

Activity: 815
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:51:23 PM

I see the ripple movement in various markets is very good and also increased, I think someone is not wrong choosing ripple coins as a purchase destination for the sale in order to gain profit.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:55:12 PM

Yes there is a lot of hype about banks being interested in ripple but personally i will like it more if it was a bit more decentralized.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:01:52 PM

there is a possibility the price of xrp, or ripple will be higher in the future. for now the price is still below $ 2, but when the price is $ 2, it will be a very good advantage for the person who held it.
Skizze

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:02:22 PM

Absolutely agree with everything. I hope this shit dumps hard soon. I don't want to see it overtaking Ethereum in capitalization. I don't even want to see it in top 100.
fatenmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 108

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:14:21 PM

Its pretty obvious why, because they feel it will rise higher than $1.50 and that it will last longer than most other coins.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:29:20 PM

Is this a joke right ? Or a big promo ? one of these 2 anyway. Ripple are the bankings systems and we all hate banks here so only the bank lovers will buy ripple and hold ripple. It's okay to speculate the price and other things but I wouldn't keep rippple anyway.
theres a lot of people in crypto world thinking that ripple isa sleeping giant and thats why more investors and whale are holding  XRP since then till no wand waiting for the burstfire of the price in the market. well, im holding some of it too.
ahpkind

Activity: 89

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:35:41 PM

Ripple is no doubt a great investment for the long term run, it has a great future because of its good supply and the features of Ripple are somehow attractive for the investors to make their large investment for the future because it is still undervalued and affordable. Ripple is also highlighted on the great exchanges and its being accepted by the banks.
CryptoBuds
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1043

HODL

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:44:19 PM

Ripple has a very strong support of community despite of its drawbacks. Now it could be considered as a "stable" growing coin.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: