Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:14:40 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people buying Ripple?  (Read 2049 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Novablue

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:48:20 PM

I think the low fees and fast transaction speed are the main reasons people are investing in it. It can handle 1500+ transactions in one second compared to 56 of LTC and 16 of BTC.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:49:23 PM

People who have invested into ripple might have gained back the profit. Because, the growth is happening gradually but in a sustained manner. Even when entire things get into the decline, ripple seems to be on the growing edge. This has made large user network to grow with trust.
siddartha1492

Activity: 952
Merit: 284

In love with Bitcoin!! 💓💕

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 05:55:33 PM

I think the reason is pretty obvious. The banks. No matter what we say about banks, but we still need them currently. Most people (especially non crypto people) still trust them more than cryptos. And banks around the globe are seriously considering blockchains as the next step. Out of all the available blockchains, Ripple suits them best. As it is a blockchain, but still centralized enough to maintain control. There is a company with which banks can interact with, rather than no centralized authority for coins like Bitcoin. Even in India, many major banks are testing the Ripple blockchain.

Here we should note that importance is given to ripple blockchain and not the Ripple coin. But obviously the coin benefits from all this. I see a huge demand of Ripple in the coming years as many people who don't invest in cryptos (because of lack of trust in fully decentralized coins), might see Ripple as a better option to enjoy the benefits of both the crypto and non-crypto worlds. I guess all these things lead to the purchase of Ripple.

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 06:02:31 PM

I think the bank prefer that people buy Ripple than Bitcoin, as they are controlling Ripple. People are buying Ripple just for speculation.
woolm110

Activity: 82

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 09:28:39 PM

Speculation I guess, they've paired with some big names though (Amex for example) which will help push the price up. The idea is also good and that'll play a fair part in pushing the price up
TrentD_TFN

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 09:29:34 PM

It's useful for banks. Banks already have major influence that they can use to sway public opinion and desire. Plus, with the price going up the way it is, people see it as a profitable opportunity. I don't see it being much more than that personally.
nejixrocks

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:35:27 PM

the rumor that it's going to be listed in Coinbase also helps it a lot lol...
SailorCoin

Activity: 218
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:38:47 PM

The main reason is because its cheap. Many people who are new in to crypcurrencies thinks maybe it raises like bitcoin. But i it never will when you watch the max supply. So maybe they can be worth some dollars, but no more.
FreeJack2k

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 09:45:46 PM

I think that 3 option is more suitable for use. Although I may be wrong.
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:10:56 PM

They know that Ripple is somehow backed by banks and they bet that this will lead to huge gains for them. And then it just becomes fashionable.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Sallysakky

Activity: 119
Merit: 14

Kawa

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:19:14 PM

Ripple has big support and investments, it will be implemented by banks, as a result people understand that XRP has true value.
Last weeks Ripple is the one of the stable of TOP coins, while BTC with others go down, Ripple continue to grow, so people buy Ripple to protect their investments.
I also bought XRP and TRX and every day gain good profit.

Tongue
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:27:41 PM

I think the reason is pretty obvious. The banks. No matter what we say about banks, but we still need them currently. Most people (especially non crypto people) still trust them more than cryptos. And banks around the globe are seriously considering blockchains as the next step. Out of all the available blockchains, Ripple suits them best. As it is a blockchain, but still centralized enough to maintain control. There is a company with which banks can interact with, rather than no centralized authority for coins like Bitcoin. Even in India, many major banks are testing the Ripple blockchain.

Here we should note that importance is given to ripple blockchain and not the Ripple coin. But obviously the coin benefits from all this. I see a huge demand of Ripple in the coming years as many people who don't invest in cryptos (because of lack of trust in fully decentralized coins), might see Ripple as a better option to enjoy the benefits of both the crypto and non-crypto worlds. I guess all these things lead to the purchase of Ripple.

You just nailed it I have recently converted my funds from litecoin and bitcoin to ripple as ripple looks more stable and can be used by banks as it has been designed for the bankers and it has been on top ten list of crypto currency from a very long time and this is the right time to go for ripple as it's value is increasing with leaps and bounces.

Am I spamming? Report me!
JoyofCrypto

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:51:06 PM

Most people are buying xrp because they think it is cheap and can moon to prices like eth not understanding that the supply of xrp is just too big for that to ever happen.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:54:07 PM

I saw a lot of people are buying ripple but i think it is because ripple will be added in coinbase wallet list.. just heard this thing in facebook group since coinbase lots of client and customers some of them will be invest in ripple because they know there are many people are supporting it.. and i know the price could be possible to increase its value..
Thinvestor

Activity: 184

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 11:55:57 PM

I think its dumb newbies buying, that dont understand ripple is a centralised shitcoin thats worthless garbage (I'm not a fan if you cant tell)

The simpler it is, the better I like it
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 12:05:23 AM

• it is explicitly (or at least formerly) not considered a currency
  • it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.

i think they do that because they think the banksters that created ripple will print communal currencies, scam all imprisioned souls that work for it and buy with it their own cryptocurrency (ripple) to pump it up in the market and make it look good so people run for it and work for it.

and since they belive in this established banker money press strategy, they buy ripple,

but there are also those that do not believe in the success of this banker strategy but that want to make profits from those that do believe in this banker strategy since they cause a higher demand,

like me i temporarily own ripple, to earn money from those that believe in ripple and their strategy, people in asia seems to believe and speculate a lot on these western bankers

hope this helped

Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:38:21 AM

There is one group that wants decentralization and a worldwide monetary system, which will not happen without one world govermnent. This group buys into the idea of bitcoin. As long as the banks and governments allow these cryptos, they have appeased this small group and the group keep isnt hurting anything.

There is another group that see cryptocurrency as a way to take advantage of the first groups efforts, and this group does so to make money. They dont care about decentralization. They see XRP and Ripple as a stable long term system to increase their investment. They believe that the banks have a vested interest in making Ripple work well. For a bank, using Ripple reduces transaction time, which makes that money available for other uses, including bearing interest. The reduced transaction costs save a lot of money for the bank. XRP allows governments to maintain their sovereign currency and gives the bank a medium for conversion. So governments and banks will opt for the Ripple or something similar. This, coupled with the belief that XRP will continue to increase in value makes it the coin of choice for this group.
nexus2k14

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:56:41 AM

Ripple XRP is listed high on Coinmarketcap for a long time. It's centralised, we all know that have pros and cons but it definitely proved to have a good team and constantly improving the project. XRP is in Top 10 CM for a long time, personally, I think this is the main reason people investing in it, its stable and the price is increasing, the team doing a great job and it reflects 3rd place on CMC. Ripple is very recognisable as a kind of crypto "brand"
Bukx

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:03:29 AM

• it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.

I dont really know ripple is centralized.  If it is so, mean this is very big problem.
I actually have interest with ripple but if i know this before then i will switch to decentralized one.
Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:53:54 AM

I dont really know ripple is centralized.  If it is so, mean this is very big problem.
I actually have interest with ripple but if i know this before then i will switch to decentralized one.

If you didnt know, you should do more research before purchasing any crypto. You seem naive.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: