Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:50:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people buying Ripple?  (Read 2052 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Alerter

Activity: 80
Merit: 2

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:56:49 AM

Why are people buying Ripple?
To sell at higher price, as usual.
hah

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 01:59:11 AM

Greed. A lot of people don't really care about what crypto stands for they only want to make some money even if it means being the banking cartel's dog.

BabyFacedGuy

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:00:33 AM

Your third point is the most valid. Being able to invert on cryptocurrency that can be adopted by banks is definitely a good investment, talking about the cryptocurrency philosophy is very different to Bitcoin. Anyways no one can deny is a good investment
philad220

Activity: 187
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:02:41 AM

People are buying ripple because of its low rate, which they are believing is still going higher.
TalkToomuch

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:04:39 AM

• it is explicitly (or at least formerly) not considered a currency
  • it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.

Basically because there is a lot of FOMO going around. Including the speculation that it will get listed on coinbase next.
arakosta

Activity: 127

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:07:52 AM

For the same reason everyone buys every other single cryptocurrency. To sell it later at a higher price.

zlt220

Activity: 189

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:08:07 AM

People invest in ripples due to its low price and also hoping it will have a better future.
pocketfullofpoke

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

www.daxico.com

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:14:11 AM

Talking about the alternate coin that surpasses Bitcoin Cash's in market cap and having a cheap price at 1.xx plus can somehow lure some investors to invest in. So there is no doubt why Ripple is having its market cap bigger and bigger each they and it is even closing in on ETH.

DanWagner

Activity: 214

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:27:55 AM

People who don't know any better seem to buy it , because they think it can reach bitcoin prices.
But with that supply it will be impossible.
Onestepinhell

Activity: 462

Good Morning

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 02:50:38 AM

Well, the ripple now gives great hopes, that's all and they want to buy it.
He has strong support, a good team. Here it also gives hopes.
Well this is my opinion and it can be wrong)

Sidera | Blockchain Technologies
Decentralized Wearable Devices WEARING THE FUTURE
➜ TELEGRAM ➜ FACEBOOK ➜ TWITTER ➜ REDDIT ➜ LINKEDIN
KevenDabid

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 02:53:40 AM

• it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.
Only because XRP cooperation with many Banks, and has the actual application, block chain to eliminate the distrust between the bank and the bank, in this respect, XRP did very well, and that's what everybody investment reasons,

Forward_Thinking

Activity: 155
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:03:20 PM

Only because XRP cooperation with many Banks, and has the actual application, block chain to eliminate the distrust between the bank and the bank, in this respect, XRP did very well, and that's what everybody investment reasons,

There are reasons not to like Ripple, but realize that many people have put a lot more value into other coins that, while more crypto-centric, are not worth the value people have put into them. I'm not advocating for Ripple, but some of the reason it could beat other alts is that it is fast and can be used for payment. It is backed by a real company with a lot of real clients. So, that reduces some of the fear of the Ripple team running away or simply failing. Again, while sure, they are not purists, they are still accomplishing a large part of the core mission of crypto - to replace fiat as a means of exchange.

Again, not saying I love Ripple, just that I do see why people might buy it, other than greed or to flip it.
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:24:05 PM

I think its dumb newbies buying, that dont understand ripple is a centralised shitcoin thats worthless garbage (I'm not a fan if you cant tell)

same thoughts... it was one of the big coins with a lower market cap, so for a newbie "potential for moon"... I want that what others had. Ripple sounds good and such a low price.... same with litecoin (but its not a shitcoin like ripple)
kevindjunaidi

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:17:05 AM

because Ripple is slowly breaking through the coin ethereum, so naturally everyone is starting to invest in coin Ripple because in the future the price will keep increasing

ulhaq (OP)

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:20:06 AM

i think they do that because they think the banksters that created ripple will print communal currencies, scam all imprisioned souls that work for it and buy with it their own cryptocurrency (ripple) to pump it up in the market and make it look good so people run for it and work for it.

and since they belive in this established banker money press strategy, they buy ripple,

but there are also those that do not believe in the success of this banker strategy but that want to make profits from those that do believe in this banker strategy since they cause a higher demand,

like me i temporarily own ripple, to earn money from those that believe in ripple and their strategy, people in asia seems to believe and speculate a lot on these western bankers

hope this helped

What does this mean? What are communal currencies and who are the imprisoned souls?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:20:28 AM

Is this a joke right ? Or a big promo ? one of these 2 anyway. Ripple are the bankings systems and we all hate banks here so only the bank lovers will buy ripple and hold ripple. It's okay to speculate the price and other things but I wouldn't keep rippple anyway.

The criticism leveled against Ripple Coin / Ripple inc. since it's inception many years ago continues to be ignored because the vast overwhelming majority in crypto have no use what so ever for any form of ideology.

They all came here to make money (real money) off anything paying out.
And when Ripple deliberately dumps more coins out to jump the CoinmarketCap standings it makes the scammy assholes peckers hard.

If give a baby aids rape a grandma coin came out and it was paying out moon ROI'z it would be popular.
People here are scammy pieces of shit.. hell bent on driving crypto into the dart as hard and as fast as they can.
They know it but don't care.
And will simply milk it for anything they can until the last second when it collapse.

I watched the SCRYPT cloning craze take hold of the scene years ago and people lined up to defend it all.
Back then Coindesk ran a news story saying "The more coins the better"

Swap SCRYPT with ICO and it's the same crap all over again.
Except the idiot noobs here now.. have no idea that we had a massive recession where coin prices simply kept dropping.
They are piling in here fast and hard thinking it's all up.

Nope.  Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
Rkoshay

Activity: 96
Merit: 3

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 05:39:18 AM

Wow, a lot of really interesting POVs, a lot of good observations.  As a noob I'm amazed at how so many cryptos boomed in December, think it was because of exposure to the wider world by bitcoin exploding in value. Why Ripple has exploded even more I think is the bandwagon effect as it skyrockets along with the cheap price, relatively speaking.

Even if it isn't, 500 ripple coins seem like a lot more than part of one bitcoin and with it going up 65% today, blowing by Ethereum and firmly establishing itself into 2nd place who knows how high this one's going to go before it pops.

What sucks about Ripple from my POV is that from what I've been able to read it's a totally centralized system, controlled by a bank or banks and they can do whatever they want with it, all of which is anathema to the things I love about crypto.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:22:26 AM

oh my god, the ripple price is very high right now, and the reason you mentioned it may be because the ripple can be very high right now, I'm so regret it to not buy ripple when at a low price

Yes the price boost to the moon this day the reason why ripple hit that price is because of demand in thw market and the news about ripple potential are spread in the whole crypto world they surpass ethereum and became the no. 2 altcoin in coinmarketcap.
When you regret to buy ripple at the low price then I suggest to wait until the price dump and buy more ripple. After 2 years this ripple hit the all time high price and Im sure theres a big whale who put their fund to ripple.

allowance1219

Activity: 134
Merit: 106

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:38:30 AM

I think the coins has been controlled by some very big whales, and they can pump the price to be very high and sell their coins step by step, so I think the potential of the ripple is limited, it is better to buy some other potential coins.

kram31

Activity: 791
Merit: 139

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 07:38:44 AM

Is this a joke right ? Or a big promo ? one of these 2 anyway. Ripple are the bankings systems and we all hate banks here so only the bank lovers will buy ripple and hold ripple. It's okay to speculate the price and other things but I wouldn't keep rippple anyway.
people are buying ripple! not because they hate or love the banks, people are just getting into the hype of the alt, ripple is all over the social media and trading market and keep rising they bought ripple to hold it for a while and trying to gain some profit on it. this is not about what you love and what you want, this is all about gaining money!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: