Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:06:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people buying Ripple?  (Read 2052 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shams

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:24:02 AM

It was a huge hype created that ripple is going to hit 10$ and all and that is why everyone start buying ripple I know that ripple is a long-term coin and it will grow good in the future but for now its not like that to increase 10$ in price in 1 month its grow huge and making correction now and maybe its settle at around 2$ for sometime but it will grow in future for sure because its a very good coin.
allycn

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:37:21 AM

Probably to make some profit as the price is still affordable. I know that's why I purchased some XRP when the price was still under USD 0.20. I liked that I could get a larger amount of coins and wanted to "invest" on it as there were many Ripple related news and I was just learning about crypto-currency. Now I have learned to do my own research.
For the time being I don't think I will invest more on XRP, but I also don't think I will sell what I have just yet.
Jarx

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:13:37 AM

It was a huge hype created that ripple is going to hit 10$ and all and that is why everyone start buying ripple I know that ripple is a long-term coin and it will grow good in the future but for now its not like that to increase 10$ in price in 1 month its grow huge and making correction now and maybe its settle at around 2$ for sometime but it will grow in future for sure because its a very good coin.

That was a huge hype made by bankers and experienced traders who invested into Ripple and want the less-experienced traders to take an interest in that coin. So the less-experienced would start hyping, the price would go up and the experienced ones would sell on a high price all their coins they bought for nothing. A usual scheme for the market.
letecia012

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:30:41 PM

For those who ride with the hype and position early in XRP are t he winners even at the current price but for t hose who bought at its ATH which was almost 4$ maybe they are in doubt to hold or sell for a loss. good thing i'm not able to buy even at 3$ if I do maybe i'm one of the losers who left behind the corner. but I'm planning to enter maybe below 2$ lets see if we can see a reversal signal on its chart or the dagger will continue to bury deeper and deeper  Sad
NLO

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:16:40 PM

Ripple is better suited for short-term investments (up to half a year) than for long-term

Rsj91

Activity: 199

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:43:15 PM

Well I had been trading ripple for margin, every trade I earned minimum 5% but after few hours I always regret (I could have hold more Tongue )
Now I still do in and out as I can't afford investing too much; but at the same time keep some coins from profit Cheesy
grchina

Activity: 476
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:46:27 PM

Because there is masive hype arround it in terms that banks will probably use it instead their swift system now,there are rumors atm that 2 korean banks will use and implement it this year.Honestly i  dont see it happening as they need the tech behind it not the coin
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:53:01 PM

I, too, are interested in this question why people buy it, most likely because of greed when they see growth.
CoinboyBebop

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:00:48 PM

People heared a lot of Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin in the mainstream media. They want now to buy and get the same profit like the people who buyed bitcoin 7 years ago. But they dont have any idea how a blockchain works or even what a max supply is or market cap. So they buy ripple because its cheap and they hope the value will increase like bitcoin, but that will never happen.
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:06:44 PM

People heared a lot of Cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin in the mainstream media. They want now to buy and get the same profit like the people who buyed bitcoin 7 years ago. But they dont have any idea how a blockchain works or even what a max supply is or market cap. So they buy ripple because its cheap and they hope the value will increase like bitcoin, but that will never happen.
I invest in ripple because it is cheap and in simple terms it is easier to increase than the high value coin on the crypto market. In addition, the Ripple brings in its outstanding technical features, the community supports it immensely. For these reasons I can invest a lot in it and other investors just need to care about these things.
GuiDonK

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:19:38 PM

The main advantage of XRP in comparison with other crypto-currencies, of course, is that XRP works directly with banks. Several banks already now enjoy the benefits of Ripple, including Santander, Axis Bank, Yes Bank, Westpac and UBS. If something can attract the attention of banks, it is a technology that simultaneously allows you to earn more and save more.
membis

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:29:53 PM

New people in cryptocurrecy just who joined here, they just saw Ripple in trend and they buyed them at the top now they are crying for their lose it was big fake for new people.
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 11:41:33 PM

if you often pay attention to this coin, you will know that ripple actually has good potential if for short-term trading and if for HOLD
every time there is new news that happened to ripple, so I think that is the reason why enough people buy ripple
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:31:24 AM

And i will say ripple has just been dumped, maybe they see the pump and many people see this as opportunity to make a lot of profits.
lion1987

Activity: 280
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 06:13:36 AM

New people in cryptocurrecy just who joined here, they just saw Ripple in trend and they buyed them at the top now they are crying for their lose it was big fake for new people.

Every newbie made bad moves at the beginning. Thats totally normal. When they get deeper in this game they will learn how to find a good coin

cryptotaste

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 08:46:58 AM

Ripple seems to have been using most of their funding on sales and marketing, and some banks are effectively test driving the Ripple ILP. Almost none are touching XRP from what I've seen though. It's somewhat of a remnant from their startup days that they're now trying to push into the general public. It's in their best interest too, seeing as they personally hold over 62% of the whole supply and have full control over what happens with that remaining supply, including selling it into the market. They essentially have complete control over inflation rate, which I personally find an unsettling thought, because it completely defeats the purpose of a trustless, decentralized currency. It's like a private company version of the FED in that regard. This is why people buy Ripple.
awazieik

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 09:03:44 AM

• it is explicitly (or at least formerly) not considered a currency
  • it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.

Most people buy ripple because it is among the top coins in the market.  As for use case,  I believe developers are working to make its adoption mainstream.  Only time will tell

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
Rony24h7

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:31:28 PM

It is a very good coin which is called Ripple. Probably the main reason why people are buying and using it is the third point of the info. What the banking systems are doing most of the people want to do the same work because they know that this coin will not be the thing which will bring loss to them because the bank will never do like the work which will bring loss so that they can invest there without any kind of doubt.

It runs with long-term investment system so those people who like to invest for a long term are like it very much and these are the main reason why people are buying this.
bribed

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:47:14 PM

I was asking myself the same question... For me Ripple is not a real cryptocurrency, its just an instrument for the banks to transfer money around the world. Of course thats a needed instrument, but what I dont really get is why so many people are buying into it. In my opinion Ripple should be for the banks. Guess people are buying it because of the hype and the potential growth. I also hold some XRP that I bought for about $.20, so who am I to judge?
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:56:09 PM

Many new people just joined the crypto currency, and when they see that something is growing, they start buying such coins, new investors are very much helping the Ripple pump.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: