Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:00:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people buying Ripple?  (Read 2042 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jam22

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:38:14 AM

People are buying ripple right now cause it lowered its value and it have many speculation that'll rise soon.

torukmakto

Activity: 219
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:42:49 AM

I dont trust ripple actually I believe its a buble. Some investors they made damage bitcoin and ethereum so they create speculation. after this period it will die slowly. Sell your tokens dont lose much.
kdn

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:43:31 AM

I bought alot early at 0.18c each its done good for me, just because its centralised doesn't make it bad
docrypto

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:44:47 AM

Ripple has a lot of interest at financial institutions.  That's not going to change.
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 08:49:10 AM

Hopefully, Ripple will return to the pit where it belongs. Not possible though, even I will buy it at 0.24 Grin But it really hurt my feeling when I saw it at 4 USD (can read it as butthurt).

Jinbe Vivaldi

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:56:05 AM

i think more trader buy it for profit.. when the price is grow they will sell it
look at current price and you will understand it
Ripple has a lot of interest at financial institutions.  That's not going to change.
yep, more private bank work together with them but i can not see real implementation YET

fengzhenwu666

Activity: 34

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:08:53 AM

Everyone has his or her own opinion, and some people buy it, and its propaganda is really good, and it may be that it attracts others to buy it.
CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:19:51 AM

the only people who invest in it are gamblers or noobs. noobs think that it's still affordable and can rise to the price of $100 and so on. lol
Sanderion

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:33:43 AM

the only people who invest in it are gamblers or noobs. noobs think that it's still affordable and can rise to the price of $100 and so on. lol

Buying XRP people fall into the trap. They think that it is a secure investment. "Can it be a Scam coin if it is in the top three on CMC? Of course not" - they think. They think that the majority can't be wrong and end up losing their money. History, as old as the world.

AliCris

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:58:40 AM

After the ETH began to beat its records on the rise in the mountain, one can observe a sharp outflow of investments from Ripple. And this will continue every day more and more. This coin will remain valuable for those who believe in it or for those who listen to other people's advice and will buy it.
Soksuci

Activity: 199

Mercy

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:00:24 PM

DK man. I also confuse why many new comers are believe in XRP so much.

Maybe because it was cheap compare with ETH and BTC.

But they don't the fundamental of it.
fanbeila

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:16:53 PM

• it is explicitly (or at least formerly) not considered a currency
  • it is centralized (the company can freeze accounts if it wants, create more coins, or be sued)
  • it's major use case is for inter-bank transfers. So if Bank A and Bank B was to exchange currency x for y, they will use XRP in-between. But this gives no value to the currency itself, it is just used as an intermediary. Is it conceivable that Ripple the company will not have enough XRP for these internal bank transfers and they are going to have to buy them back from the public??

So it seems that XRP has no value outside its use by the company Ripple. Is anyone actually using it for commerce or any other reason? It is not considered a store of value like bitcoin (in any case one would want something decentralized.
Yes. You are absolutely right. Ripple is just used for exchange between banks and it is the only reason for increase in its marketcap.It is totally centralized which is opposite to the concept of decentralized currencies.

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.PLATINUM  STABLECOINS
..USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ...

─────────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...FACEBOOK... .....TWITTER..... ...TELEGRAM...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tungnguyen224

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:33:12 PM

I don't like Ripple. As it may go again the purpose of crypto currentcy.
It's centralized with bunch of it in the hand of creator It can be use to manipulate crypto market.
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 12:57:53 PM

Most people buy ripples because it is among the best coins on the market. As for the precedent, I believe that the developers are working on its adoption. Time will tell.
Chosenpai

Activity: 61

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:47:01 AM

I guess we will be seeing a lot more of ripple fans. I heard they are partnering with MoneyGram, what do you think guys? For me, I still don't believe ripple will stay for a long period of time.
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:55:33 AM

Because they have a proven working product and  many deals with banks .They are going to be a big player in international money transfer. They already made a deal with moneygram recently.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
realsmans

Activity: 196

Transforming the Global Shipping Industry

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:58:51 AM

Because they have a proven working product and  many deals with banks .They are going to be a big player in international money transfer. They already made a deal with moneygram recently.
moneygram too, but it started cause JP and NK banks made a testing of money transfer, using Ripple blockchain

Blockshipping  ────────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ██████████████            Twitter    Facebook         
『 The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET 』  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread   
damansk

Activity: 36

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:09:52 AM

I still do not understand why banks would transfer their value into such a volatile currency..

Other permissive blockchain solutions such as HyperLedger by IBM, not requiring a currency to be issued, will do what Ripple does but better with an already trusted brand.
cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:18:31 AM

Because they dont know how XRP works,they dont have any idea that it can destroy our decentralized community.

Cubanlinx81

Activity: 373
Merit: 11

CryptoRex

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:16:49 AM

Why are people buying Ripple you ask? Well, I would say that it has the potential to replace bitcoin as a payment option and store of value. It is very unfortunate that the majority of people do not realize that Ripple will be trading well over a hundred dollars is a year or two.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: