Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:36:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2912 times)
Bloerty

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:12:07 AM

I'm stress over the KYC framework I don't need a brought together government, i'm a Liberalism and think about that as some ICO needs KYC lead I won't uncover my character tho I will utilize other recognizable proof to make an exchange so I won't be a casualty of those programmers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whatthesith
Copper Member

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:15:20 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

And what should I do when it is required by exchanges/ICOs/ crypto cards? You have to do it.
Is there really problem with abusing IDs? Can they borrow some money with your ID cards?

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
lesnik_utsa

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:36:03 AM

I agree completely-scammers do not sleep and constantly develop their methods of stealing your personal data. But the fact is that companies that do the procedure  KYC by all rules, too, can become a victim of hackers and data can be stolen. Entire databases are sold on the black market. Be careful
dedocry

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:01:04 AM

of course, I'm against KYC because cryptocurrency is losing its anonymity.

In our new world it is almost impossible to have full or 100% anonymity. You can forget about it. Of course some scams abuse crypto to collect your data. Be careful

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
GandiwaSF

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:05:05 AM

In our new world it is almost impossible to have full or 100% anonymity. You can forget about it. Of course some scams abuse crypto to collect your data. Be careful
of course buddy, some time ago I joined cibus project and passed Kyc and right now this project scam this is so bad where I don't get tokens and my data is taken by people therefore we must be more careful.
Crypto.Expert

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:16:29 AM

KYC is one of the factor to know more and validate users, but it is also one way to get your information to which they use it to scam.
onetwostep

Activity: 658
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:29:32 AM

It is very important to stay anonymous in the crypto money world. Campaigns and projects that are seeking KYC are in opposition to the values of this world. It is the right choice to avoid such project Smiley

drmasa

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:33:11 PM

There are many ads where people are selling emails, and personal IDs from KYC. Problem is that there are a lot of airdrops where scammers are asking for kyc, and newbies are giving it to them, so they could get some waves based or some worthles dead erc20 tokens...
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:35:40 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

yeah i know that. there were some icos i gave my informations and they leaked my details as well. it is really very disappointing and scary to be leaked in dark web. i dont know what conclusions there will be for us.
Kulitha

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 07:38:28 PM

Absolutely this is a major problem with scam ICO's. Our identification is more valuable than our money. So we should protect our identity even our money loses.  We should make about any project before submitting KYC.
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:43:00 PM

KYC is one of the factor to know more and validate users, but it is also one way to get your information to which they use it to scam.

There is no need to validate users in crypto no matter for what purposes they need it to be provided(I mean KYC) because crypto was made not for that. I am a person that has nothing to hide but I wont show my personal data to trustworthy. Why don't they show us their personal data mutually? Wink

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
MOG247

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:52:22 PM

I also kick against any airdrop asking for KYC. This is just absord. Why should you be asking for the details of whom are not your customers, after all, they giving away free token.
hdclover

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 07:58:28 PM

This is why we need to complete our KYC only on a trusted 3rd party KYC verification sites like civic, jumio etc. Never do KYC if someone asks you via email.

Blah blah
EmJay

Activity: 563
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:04:45 PM

Yes, users should be ware of whom they are sending their identity.
Most of the new coins are just doing to look special.
Anonymity is one of the reason why people switched for paypal to crypto.

Yes I agree with you. KYC supposed to be ti avoid scams but some most probably were scams. That is why you need really ro be careful about whom you are gihijg your information and details tbecause they can access your wallet and hack also your account.
Irkytsk38rus

Activity: 280

Araw ICO

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 08:17:02 PM

And what can they do with my documents? I do not think it's worth the fear that documents can get to scammers

mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 08:34:34 PM

the anonymity was and still is one of the strengths of the crypto, that's why i personally do not ever do bounty or airdrop that require the kyc procedure once you put online the documents they remain there forever, and then we really know the company or people who require kyc? i believe not
strongman8

Activity: 133
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:31:52 PM

And what can they do with my documents? I do not think it's worth the fear that documents can get to scammers

Are you shilling or what?  If someone gets a hold of all your personal information they can steal your identity and commit criminal acts against you and others.  Not to fun to have the police investigating you for a murder you didn't commit because your drivers license was at the scent of the crime. 
CryptYeah

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:35:50 PM

I even think that it is necessary to cancel the verification of KYC. This verification has more minuses than pluses. Even worse, when at the end of the bounty admins inform about the need to pass the audit - half of the participants merge. Roll Eyes
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 09:53:34 PM

Thinking about it, this post is one of the best I have seen today.
Scam projects have one aim which is to make away with people's money and some people are willing to go to further lengths like collecting people's data and sending them promotion of scam projects in the hope they fall for it again.
People should be careful who they disclose their personal data to.
Remember that the whole point of blockchain is in its anonymous nature.

Furious 7

Activity: 2856
Merit: 644

https://duelbits.com/

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:45:24 PM

if you are hesitant to provide information about your data I suggest avoiding campaigns that require KYC.
indeed there is no security guarantee provided by the company for this, so it is only natural that this becomes a concern.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███