Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:04:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2912 times)
Cris John Pham

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:13:54 PM

Thank you for the warning. But I often choose prestigious projects to participate so that KYC is not afraid, with KYC only id photos they do not harm themselves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OpenCryptoSystem

Activity: 182
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:23:47 PM

Thank you for the warning. But I often choose prestigious projects to participate so that KYC is not afraid, with KYC only id photos they do not harm themselves.

Prestigious projects Huh

Wich projects are non prestigious then?
And wich are the prestigious?, ico are just ico !!
There is no way to know wich ico is so called prestigious.
Its gambling.
ivannalog814

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:37:49 PM

Be very careful with the submission of documents for approval ! Personally, I trust only ICO project in which I invest ! Never trust KYC is used to verify airdrop !

VIDY 👅 (https://www.vidy.com)
Video Layer for Ads ▶
https://www.vidy.com (https://www.vidy.com)
Jannn

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2018, 03:42:23 PM

Simple don't provide your KYC to any website you feel is less than trustworthy, typically if the team themselves are public facing and can hence be held accountable for their actions, then they will be less included to take advantage of your KYC information. That being said, it is completely possible that a rogue agent within any organization can siphon off KYC data and begin selling it on the dark web for example, but this can be said with literally any company, the odds just decrease with the size of the company.
Underw00d

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:45:36 PM

Prestigious projects Huh

Wich projects are non prestigious then?
And wich are the prestigious?, ico are just ico !!
There is no way to know wich ico is so called prestigious.
Its gambling.
Crypto currency is the whole sphere of gambling. It will not be accepted by many people because of their life principles and attitudes
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:48:11 PM
Last edit: September 26, 2018, 05:01:38 PM by reda

KYC is important of-of all country people. KYC is people personal information. So don't share your personal information. If you trust the people then share. So don't share any other person. KYC know your customer. So careful to use the KYC. Some person uses your KYC illegal. Before share, the KYC check then shares. KYC is your personal and secret information. So careful to use it. KYC is connecting all country people.
OpenCryptoSystem

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:52:44 PM

Simple don't provide your KYC to any website you feel is less than trustworthy, typically if the team themselves are public facing and can hence be held accountable for their actions, then they will be less included to take advantage of your KYC information. That being said, it is completely possible that a rogue agent within any organization can siphon off KYC data and begin selling it on the dark web for example, but this can be said with literally any company, the odds just decrease with the size of the company.

And how do we feel that some websites is more safe to show our kyc ??
Thyristor

Activity: 471
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:54:28 PM

Be careful from scam ICO! don't submit your identity in random project and i know that KYC is very sensitive issue because we need to secured our personal identity. But legitimate project always asking KYC in ico investment or bounty campaign. I believe KYC is positive symptom to growing our community.
OpenCryptoSystem

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:54:55 PM

KYC is important of of the all country people. KYC is people person information. So don't share your personal information. If trust the people then share. So don't share the any other person. KYC know your customer. So careful to use the KYC. Some person use your KYC illiga. Before share the KYC check then share.

If trust the people then share ?
How we know who to trust and whi to not ?
Check then share ?? How we can check ??
OpenCryptoSystem

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:56:35 PM

Beware from scam ICO! don't submit your identity in random project and i know that KYC is very sensitive issue because we need to secured our personal identity. But legitimate project always asking KYC in ico investment or bounty campaign. I believe KYC is positive symptom to growing our community.

Dont submit your identity in random project ?
And wich is the random project?

Newbies like to know how to know if its legit good or bad ??
Patmille

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:05:20 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

im hesitant too to submit kyc in bounties and referral campaigns , so before i join any of them i ask if they will require kyc for participants. youre right we should be careful to whom we send our personal ids.
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:46:32 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

Therefore, I never join the ICO signature campaign if it indicates the possibility of conducting a KYC check. If such a check occurs during the ICO or at the end of the ICO, I send them other people's data or just fictitious. They can not verify them vseravno, only analyze logically.
In general, the requirement to pass a KYC test from participants in the ICO generosity campaign is absolutely illegal. We are not investors in ICO projects and therefore should not come to such an audit.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:56:37 AM

Hearing the story you said, I feel that many projects are not reliable. Do they use KYC to steal user information?

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
castiloros

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:16:18 AM

This is cause for concern when should provide KYC in the bounty or a project. It would be very dangerous when the data we have to fall into the wrong person because of course it could be used for acts that are not supposed to. indication and analysis may be necessary also to this especially in ICO or bounty to make sure it is good and KYC also sure is safe. When many anomalies then leave it out.
akishang

Activity: 434
Merit: 18

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:20:19 AM

I would never use my passport for KYC. I have tried KYC's and on my experience, they don't have a specific ID needed to be approved. I always use my driver's license or tax identification I.D. and I never have problems with it and I never think that they could use it for identity theft.  If in case that they really require a passport, I will make sure that its worth it and I will earn a lot of money before doing KYC. If its just for a few dollars, I won't do it.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Sissebrahima

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:12:49 PM

Uvenen is that KYC is used in crypto only for some vague fraud. Even the use of KYC leads to a decrease in the money of investors, especially large investors, which is reflected in the results of the implementation of ICO projects. I do not pass KYC.
Olimpikflame

Activity: 166
Merit: 20

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:18:23 PM

I'm not a supporter of KYC, but to get payments from the bounty, I decided to pass it a couple of times. Everything was successful, but I have not seen my payments to this day ( except for the project as a Shivom). Therefore, yes, the companies that ask for the KYC are basically SCAMs.
ivanleon

Activity: 280

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:21:46 PM

be careful with the use of KYC because it can later be misused by irresponsible people. I hope you have to be more careful about the use of this kyc ... and keep in mind that now is the biggest scam season where many projects are not responsible

It is not safe to transfer KYC personal data, especially passport. Do not you find that a driver's license or other document with a photo is still safer, as in identity theft still need a passport.
babsjoe

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:22:56 PM

KYC is not a prerequisite for success or image of good ICO. I have noticed that good ICO seem to take life by itself and become succesful because of sme factor that contribute to it's success. If an IICO project is needed and there is clear plan for  growth and development, such ICO will do well regardless!
Snaic

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 06:41:18 PM

This have been discussed to many times, but for those who are reading this for the first time- DO NOT DO KYC FOR BOUNTY.

Red flag is that they are attempting to collect kyc data on their own website ,this is just absurd, dont go for that.
If their are legit, they will use respecting KYC company to do this work who will protect the data.

Mate, there's purposes why other bounty campaigns required KYC for bounty participants to get the bounty rewards. First is we know that there are many member are cheaters by using multiple account.  If you don't want to do KYC it is up to you, find the project that don't need KYC.
The KYC check is not done in order to remove persons using multiple accounts. In principle, for the ICO teams themselves it does not matter, it is important for them that there be quality messages and their ICO project be advertised. The KYC check is carried out to prevent the possibility of laundering dirty money. Members of the generosity campaign ICO are not investors, can not launder dirty money, and therefore should not pass a KYC test.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: