Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:21:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2915 times)
Querubbin26

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:15:29 PM

Of course, people don't understand this, because they usually think that these things can't happen to them, but they have to be extremely careful with their identity, since identity theft is one of the most cumbersome crimes there is, ask yourselft it's really worth exposing yourself to criminal activity just for a few tokens? personally, I don't think so.
Moshaid
Copper Member

Activity: 546
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:17:37 PM

This is an interesting thread. KYC known as know your customer is the verification of personal details which includes passport, government issued 🆔 cards,  drivers license and others. It's another new way in which some fake airdrop ICO uses to gain users details for fraudulent acts and other cyber crime..  It's really hard to confirm if an airdrop ICO using the KYC form is legit but the illegal ones are the ones that are easy to come by in which they later end up asking for eth to their contract address. So everyone involving in any KYC form verification should make more research about such projects to avoid being used for fraudulent acts.

► BLOCKBURN ◄ ★WHERE CRYPTOCURRENCY AND ONLINE GAMING MEET★ ► BLOCKBURN ◄
───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●─[   ABOUT US   ]─●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───●◉●───
Website◂ | ▸Medium◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸CoinMarketCap
Sazakan

Activity: 82
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:18:18 PM

Have to say i was always surprised in the past when friends or colleagues printed their passports to get access to normal discussion boards...not even talking financial stuff. You never know what those other people are going to do with your data and till the whole thing is solved, you usually have a looooooad of trouble. In some cases, data is used for years and it could become even more expensive for you to prove all the time who you are and - more important - what you have NOT done.

“Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead.” ― Benjamin Franklin
cchub

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

Migranet ITO

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:18:51 PM

Whenever you send your know your customer information, be sure you can be scammed! Don't do that for free, ever!

❉❉❉ Migranet ❉❉❉  [MIGRATION。SIMPLIFIED 。]
▐| Global immigrationpowered by AI & blockchain |▌
TELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTREAGRAM
bangjoe

Activity: 1484
Merit: 714

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:20:18 PM

Now fraud with the use KYC is very common, that's why people participate in bounty campaigns, which require KYC very reluctant. In my opinion, they should require KYC only from investors and not from bountyhunters.
yes, most KYC is only intended for investors while paid hunters are rarely told to do KYC verification, only on a few bounty programs and the aim is to minimize fraud, which is multi-account and I don't mind that the most important results I will receive are commensurate with that

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:28:28 PM

People should not give their identity whether as an Investor or bounty hunter except the people behind the project can be trusted otherwise it can be so dangerous. Nowadays it's hard to find ICO project which doesn't need to provide KYC, I personally will never invest in this kind of ICO better to invest in a coin which available in the market. I know that For investor KYC is required by law I just don't get it why do bounty hunter should provide KYC too? preventing cheating? I think there is an alternative way instead of collecting participants ID.
cryptotrade007

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:36:12 PM

In my humble opinion any airdrops asking for your kyc information should be considered as a scam and not touched with a 10 foot pole.
verrela10

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:39:07 PM

i think there is no problem for KYC. KYC is good for avoiding scammer
besides that, it obey goverment regulation. i never heard about abusing KYC

Neluns
♦ New Generation Financial Ecosystem ♦
Pre-sale on Aug, 1
ubongephraim

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:48:41 PM

that's a major reason I don't do KYC. It's very easy to fall to scams.. Especially that of airdrops.. Anyone can just create something that looks like a legit project just to phish people's data.
celestinamoore

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:03:41 PM

That is why one need to make thorough research and make informed decision before doing KYC
catapult

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:35:03 PM

In my opinion, we are living in an awful age. The world of technology, especially the cryptocurrency world, is unfortunately full of evil people and I think every trader should be extra careful before sending personal informations.
Barbaralehoa

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:29:15 AM

yes, a lot of projects taking advantage of KYC to gather personal information of the user. It is slowly gaining popularity, bonus materials worthy of the KYC it?
cryptovirus101

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:35:24 AM

This is true thats why many people fall for this scheme specially in airdrops that requires KYC its like selling you identity for a penny !
jeruk nipis

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 02:49:34 AM

Indeed it looks like we should be very wary of the dangers of this scam. Because it could be your personal information will be misused. So if indeed the project with KYC felt already suspicious, you should leave it out.
cryptobrzy

Activity: 123
Merit: 3

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 03:04:23 AM

I think KYC is still one if the delicate topics in cryptocurrencies and with the recent EU GDPR regulations privacy is become a very sensitive topic.
I think ICOs that ask for KYC along with white listing are not good, rather KYC should be required when the token sale is to start and when a person has guaranteed Allocation.

████████████          SMARTFI.com          ████████████
───────          The Open Lending Platform          ───────
shaheer001

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 03:17:43 AM

This is really very bad as some scam projects do it and then run away, Be careful first examine whole project then join it if it is real.

OpenCryptoSystem

Activity: 182
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:41:43 PM

Kyc is pointless.
Cryptocurrency is bragging about anonoumoty and security. To send someone who u dont know your id is not secure and its opposite what the cryptocurrency is really all about.
Ico creators founders himselfes never use id to cash out the funds they collected from ico fund rising.
They never use their own idententy!
How they can ask you to do it? Well it dosnt make sense but it is the way how it is.
Order to someone win someone must loose
badjoke

Activity: 206
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:46:34 PM

some scam projects already got my personal informations and i really dont know what to do. This is sucks , without kyc investing almost impossible and with kyc there is always fears.
coinbirds

Activity: 588
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:13:20 PM

I am not giving out my private information to any airdrop or bounty campaigns rather not participating in them.
Doing KYC only when investing but only after deep research and good projects.
honex2

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 11:19:13 PM

What will one now do, when kyc is required for a project? Hackers still find their way to holders of the document though its good for buyers to be identified by the owners of the project
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: