Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 06:51:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC scams  (Read 2915 times)
solkinsolali

Activity: 154
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 10:48:16 PM

Thanks for this warning. I have never at anytime wished anyone to do KYC. I have participated in ICOs without KYC and they were successful. Some of the so called KYC are just mere scam. It is not necessary in crypto.
Reinz12

Activity: 448
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2018, 10:57:51 PM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

Yes, that's true, there are some who ask KYC for reasons of investor demand. Some bounties I miss to take rewards because of KYC, not because I refuse to give but because it does not worth what we get. Only a few bounties or invest in the ICO project after seeing and confident of their team, if it's not better to miss than risk my own personal data.
My friend feels that KYC was needed for security, but now rethinking for KYC each project he want to join
Shadesofglory

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:34:42 AM

You are right. Releasing sensitive information to strangers with no office or even faces over that internet in the guise of KYC is risky. Could turn out to be terrorists or any of the bad boys. They could pounce on any information given hem and make the other person public enemy number one for crime he knows nothing about.
FUD Expert

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:00:48 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

That's scary on those that are already become their victims. That is why I highly avoid any participation of bounties that enforces KYC. Their documents could be already used now in making illegal transactions or it could be worse that it is already getting sold in the darkweb. Be very careful folks because using the word KYC to their project does not meant that they really do compliance with the law.
muksal

Activity: 373
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:14:58 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in. 

right, thank you for reminding each other members of the forum. I would like to suggest a little for all the bitcointalk forum participants, if for example there is an unclear gift in an attempt to deceive participants, then never give your identity in the form of KYC. Hopefully with the advice of other forum participants can be useful for all of us.

Ariess

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:19:21 AM

yes, we must be more vigilant with KYC verification, that's why you should read the campaign rules or ico investments first. and if there is a KYC for the airdrop you should ignore it because it certainly won't be useful at all.
cola-jere

Activity: 665
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:27:01 AM

I have seen evidence of some scams being run under the guise of KYC in order to gain your passport and government issued id's.  Be careful out there and remember that a lot of these coins end up being scams.  Do you really want them having your passport/photo identification?  This is how people fall victim of identity fraud so please think before sending your information in.  

True! Make sure that the KYC is an outsourced 3rd party that is legit and known in the KYC industry. Be careful with ICO's running their own KYC.
Evident Proof might help solve this issue  Grin
smartcrypto

Activity: 317
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:34:29 AM

Why do people send their passports and IDs to cryptocurrency ICOs is beyond me! There is no good reason for a crypto project to be asking for your ID when it's supposed to be providing you anonymity.
Nikolya

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:36:59 AM

Very often the passage of KYC leads to the fact that personal data are shared as a result of hacker attacks.
zlatazema

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:44:12 AM

I have not yet met projects with the confirmation of the KYC.
I don`t particularly want to participate in these and to disclose my personal information to strangers because there are so many scammers now.
This can lead to very bad consequences!
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:06:42 AM

Who would ever wanted to be a victim of identity theft? If i can remember, i have only participated in a bounty campaign that requires KYC of all its participants and good thing that the ICO is very professional and LEGIT. I got my tokens and earned big from that and but i never participated in bounties that needs KYC anymore.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
helsing03

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:39:46 PM

this year is more proliferated. I need to be very careful with these frauds. Because now everything is full of them. we need to do very good research.
tomsoier

Activity: 784
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:44:26 PM

Now fraud with the use KYC is very common, that's why people participate in bounty campaigns, which require KYC very reluctant. In my opinion, they should require KYC only from investors and not from bountyhunters.
Specctrall

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:47:13 PM

that's why I'm afraid KYC because it is unknown how to use your data scammers.
Bobwallet93

Activity: 150
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:54:54 PM

Hi there!

Definetly never perform such a KYC for a airdrop nor bounty.
Even dont do it for an ICO, the risks are way to high for you to be scammed in many ways!

Dont put in your phine number aswell, this also can lead to alot of problems, strange calls from foreign countries etc. It can cost you serieus money!

Thanks for sharing this!

Greetings! Cool

WONO (https://wono.io/)
WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of any assets and services.
anatolyp

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:06:48 PM

You are right. Releasing sensitive information to strangers with no office or even faces over that internet in the guise of KYC is risky. Could turn out to be terrorists or any of the bad boys. They could pounce on any information given hem and make the other person public enemy number one for crime he knows nothing about.
It's very fair that you wrote about this fraud. Because, in addition to all of the above, this is an excellent loophole for various scammers. The scammer gets an array of participants and sends them a message, as if you need to transfer this KYC. And here is the phishing and the virus can throw and other troubles. I'm angry with this KYC after, since I had both money and tokens ... I'm still upset.
Docbee

Activity: 822

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:11:01 PM

Identity is very delicate information. As an investors i will instead wait for exchange listing. A lot of this ico has ended up being scam and information gather can be use for fraud and it can implicate the owner.
Prosperityforall

Activity: 490
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:11:11 PM

it is true, scam ICOs stick to collect documents and sell them on dark market. That's why I try to avoid passing KYC.
In most cases I buy documents and it is ok. Nobody check it
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:13:40 PM

Scam coming up daily in the cryptocurrency space, daily and regularly, I always recommend a detailed research and due diligence before going out of your way to give yoour details for the KYC, I hope some years to come we will have regulation in the space thereby reducing the numbers of scammers coming into the space
jins937

Activity: 151

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 10:14:12 PM

Yes, I'm afraid that my data can be used by scammers but I am comforted that without my signature no document will be valid
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: