Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:33:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Downfall of Crypto Begins with XRP  (Read 758 times)
tk808 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:59:54 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 06:47:49 PM by tk808

XRP passed ETH on CMC, most of you are a bunch of a fucking fools

We are entering the new age when corporations will rule the top 10 on CMC, it's inevitable. With that, regulation and centralization will follow closely. We are drawn to centralization to rule over us sheep.

It was different before, when the markets were much smaller and away from the public eye, now that billions are being invested into the worst coin ever made, others will follow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TimtheYoutuber

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 06:05:50 PM

What if it did...?

I am not sure what the point of this thread is. Are you trying to say it will or wont? Explain your opinion/speculation maybe.

Positivebetting
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:14:10 PM

...then it becomes clear how useless of a metric supply x current price (aka, market cap) is.

Even now, a centralized coin standing on the 3rd place turns coinmarketcap.com into a complete joke imo and maybe it's time it gets replaced with a site that ignores shitcoins that ignore basic crypto fundamentals, like being decentralized and trustless.
I mean they even list utter garbage like Bitconnect, as they only require an exchange API to list coins, completely ignoring that Bitconnect is reportedly, almost completely traded on its own centralized exchange that can - and probably is - sending completely made up numbers manipulating the coin completely.

Not your keys, not your coins!
Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:18:20 PM

If=when, and the answer is... life goes on.

What's the point?
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:22:32 PM

It did earlier today but just for a few moments. Doubt XRP price will stay this high for long, prolly a correction to $1.5 soon.

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
cryptocrocs

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:44:25 PM

So the ones who are holding XRP are fools?i would glad to say that i am holding 5btc worth of XRP since it was $0.2 do you know how much BTC do i get for being a fool?

▬▬[  ENKIDU  ]▬▬[ NEXT GENERATION TEAMS AND PAYMENT SPLITTING ]▬   
▌  THE WORLD'S FIRST DECENTRALIZED GLOBAL COLLABORATION PLATFORM ▐
▬▬  POSSIBLE ONLY ON THE BLOCKCHAIN | Twitter  | Telegram  | Reddit  | Medium  | ANN Thread  | Facebook ▬▬
kandholabhavna

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:50:52 PM

The downfall is not here, but I would say that a lot of new fresh money is coming into crypto and these people are all buying their tokens from coinbase. Guess which is the cheapest coin over there? Hence the rise in Ripple price and market share.

September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 06:53:58 PM

Soon we will have also crytocurrencies created by states, fully centralized I guess, I wonder if they will be listed on coinmarketcap.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:09:59 PM

Ripple was not made by banks, but it will be the bank's answer to cryptocurrencies. Ripple will kill the cryptocurrencies, they can use it against us.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Sinistlercoin

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:13:07 PM

We are entering the new age when corporations will rule the top 10 on CMC, it's inevitable. With that, regulation and centralization will follow closely. We are drawn to centralization to rule over us sheep.

It was different before, when the markets were much smaller and away from the public eye, now that billions are being invested into the worst coin ever made, others will follow.

Welcome to the present.  So nothing has changed!
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:14:48 PM

I don't understand what you are trying to say, but I always have my issue with Ripple, it is too centralised in my own view though some people are only interested in money they can make through this, they care less
Chokolo

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:16:49 PM

Another thread full of ignorant people.
Go cry elsewhere because Ripple have surpassed Ethereum and is cryptocoin #2.

Ripple will soon become more decentralized than Bitcoin.  Cool
Go educate yourself
xEisen

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:25:48 PM

Soon we will have also crytocurrencies created by states, fully centralized I guess, I wonder if they will be listed on coinmarketcap.
This was bound to happen eventually even without Ripple. I think there are big corporations experimenting with the blockchain software. When it does happen they will denounce all other cryptocurrency as unsafe and unlawful. The masses will then flee to the centralized cryptocurrencies...
quantumcomputing11

Activity: 106

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:47:05 PM

Go educate yourself

Nobody is crying but concern is being aired about what is going on and I am extremely worried that a coin like this can maintain top spot in the cryptomarkets but we are where we are. It is sad but the fact is that most people (ie sheep) would jump and quickly acquire any government backed centralized coin. Makes me wanna puke I get so sick Undecided

Hanablue

Activity: 204

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:01:13 PM

Even if more technology based coins come in top ten for CMC, There wont be any change happening much in reality.
Chandler32

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:02:45 PM

I still don't get the point of this ranting. This doesn't mean other alt coins will fall just because XRP rose higher.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 08:10:44 PM

core problem is that people still evaluate with US-dollar, and use stupid indicators like coinmarketcap (market capitalisation)

to "rank" Cryptocurrencies,

the ranking numbers itself have to dissapear, and the currency must be just describbed in its propoerties, so people can evaluate it by that alone,

not by the total size of the created amount, and the price publicly "exchanged"

regards

JoyofCrypto

Activity: 198

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:11:56 PM

Xrp will dump just as fast as it pumped. Relax...
aurorabitcoin.96

Activity: 210

Never DO AIRDROPS

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:14:00 PM

I dont get what is the big issue that XRP can make Crypto down.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
ferrybitcoin.1996

Activity: 294
Merit: 119

For Bounty Hunters, Don't Cheat or You DIE!!

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 08:15:11 PM

Maybe this time XRP is on the wind, but let's we see in a or 3 months. People will dump it and the price can be normal again

WasTriffin

Activity: 38

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:19:11 PM

Go educate yourself

Nobody is crying but concern is being aired about what is going on and I am extremely worried that a coin like this can maintain top spot in the cryptomarkets but we are where we are. It is sad but the fact is that most people (ie sheep) would jump and quickly acquire any government backed centralized coin. Makes me wanna puke I get so sick Undecided

Personal opinion only, but my "theme" for 2018 and beyond is the rise of "centralized" projects ..
The well capitalized existing FinTech ( banksters etc ) companies that see the benefit of "blockchain"
have their noses in the tent and are here with wallets open ..
Since "blockchain" is open source and NOT PROPRIETARY and there are NO BARRIERS to entry ..
The only question is whether they take the "easy" route and partner with existing projects or develop their own ..
Some of both I suspect ..  
It's our own fault really .. Too many well meaning "altCoin" projects were floated over the last several years
with no "self funding" mechanism to ensure future development or even the ability to keep the founding devs going ..
Rather than "community takeovers and re-launches" we're going to have well funded corporate "takeovers" ..
It's neither "good" nor "bad" .. Just the natural evolution of a maturing technology .. Enjoy the ride !!

WasTriffin ..

1bitcoinsnet

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:21:30 PM

It's going to $100 and 3.8 Trillion market cap

Get your ripple now
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:37:14 PM

It's only one centralized coin for now. Ripple is different and the reason why for its sudden dominance is the are rumors on Ripple having a partnership with Google. But one thing is true, crypto markets were much better when there wasn't much attention from the public, guess those would be the times which we will recall it to be memories as those moments ain't going to come back.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
GeePeeU

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:44:24 PM

Ripple is effectively a privatized federal reserve ran by the banking sector.

No block-chain cryptography involved, and 100% "Premined"

Valued, and distributed at the will of the controllers.

Ripple is the cancer growing in cryptos.

Always doubt.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:59:38 PM

people in general dont care what effects the have on the crypto community as long as they can get X amount of profit.
if that profit comes from ripple they dont care.
unfortunately its price over the last year has been very inviting and is paying off now.
should we have a bitcointalk-marketcap page here on our own forum without any centralized coins?

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
GeePeeU

ASK

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:04:13 PM

people in general dont care what effects the have on the crypto community as long as they can get X amount of profit.
unfortunately its price over the last year has been very inviting and is paying off now.
should we have a bitcointalk-marketcap page here on our own forum without any centralized coins?

That is a good idea. A new discussion platform, and coin listing page, void of centralized tokens, would revitalize the part of the community holding their integrity close.

Always doubt.
Cryptoshops

Activity: 271

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:17:02 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 09:27:53 PM by Cryptoshops

Crypto messed up with Bitcoins now Litecoins are going the same way and Im guesssing more altcoins will follow

The whole idea of crypto was to get away from banks and have a whole decentralised system which unfortunately is not happening.

Bitcoins are really only used for trading now which has to involve the banks around the world and  because of their high value and unstable price they cant really be used like fiat money and becuase people just buy Bitcoins to resell to make a profit to sell for fiat money the banks are all involved now. The same thing is starting to happen with Litecoins now and it will happen to other altcoins too in the future because of the way we are using them.  If the banks decided to stop all Bitcoin transaction Bitcoin would be worthless so once again the banks have the upper hand which is not what Crypto was meant to be..

Now people where I work are investing in Ripple because it is backed by banks and they are hoping to cash in like people have done with Bitcoins, unfortunately the banks are now intertwined with crypto and over time they will only get more involved
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 09:20:33 PM

na cryptoeconomics has a natural updrift,

people buy coins to hold and sell more expensive,

with ripple in existance there is a huge problem

people shouldnt respect ripple,

soon it will be as the topic founder said,

insignificant, how many us, dollars a coin is supposedly worth

regards

Zarbout

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:32:57 PM

I'm expecting correction soon, but XRP will still over evaluated and i agree with thread writer opinion.

KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 09:39:17 PM

I'm expecting correction soon, but XRP will still over evaluated and i agree with thread writer opinion.

its coinmarketcaps fault

why did they listed ripple in the first place?

there where enough reasons to ban it, because its not operating in fair condition its powered by the us dollar printing press cmc could have used its power and illegalice ripple

but the idiots that work there didnt, and now stockificationa and regulations comes over CMC and crypto

dre2ooo

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:55:06 PM

Of course XRP will be huge.  In all primate societies, there are always leaders and followers.  By definition, the number of leaders can never exceed the number of followers. 

So, more sheeple will be onboard for Ripple, fiat, Visa, Google, etc...  No surprises here and the sheeple will always outnumber the wolves --again, no surprises. The free will always be lower in number than the controlled.  Libertarians, Bitcoin, Anarchists, Monero, gold-bugs, etc... will always be the minority and to think otherwise is foolish. 

Bitcoin and crypto are a hobby first and foremost.  There is too much safety in fiat and centralization.  Most (including many so-called hardcore bitcoiners) prefer to run to the safety net and protection of a parental figure/company, rather than have the balls to die by the sword.

Let them have their XRP.  I'm quietly mining away over here and growing my HOBBY.  If crypto could get to the point of even just being on par with gold in the public's eye, that would be a monumental achievement.  If anyone thinks it will replace fiat and destroy the banks, you are deluding yourselves.
Master1781

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:59:33 PM

https://www.profitconfidential.com/cryptocurrency/ripple/xrp-price-prediction-hits-2-dollar-despite-negative-korean-regulation/
Borin

Activity: 260
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:12:08 PM

Both eth and ripple  is no bet for me now. Soon every coin will be dumped hard... Every shitcoin are pumped or pump now, because whales making huge sell off their investments, max few weeks, maybe months, and all will end with collapse...
turbospeedens

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:18:16 PM

a takeover of the cryptomarket, bankers are really scared of losing control of the money, ripple is a currency backed by bankers, they could make a megamassive pump, then dump it all creating a huge dip that will scare everyone away
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 10:23:01 PM

a takeover of the cryptomarket, bankers are really scared of losing control of the money, ripple is a currency backed by bankers, they could make a megamassive pump, then dump it all creating a huge dip that will scare everyone away

soon it will not be important anymore how many US-dollar a currency is worth

you guys currently calculate their portfolio value in us dollar, but what if tomorrow

us dollar is worth just 0.5 euro?

then your entire portfolio configuaration proves worthless and just that, also your trading strategy becomes worthless

regards

Cryptoshops

Activity: 271

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:39:15 PM

soon it will not be important anymore how many US-dollar a currency is worth

you guys currently calculate their portfolio value in us dollar, but what if tomorrow

us dollar is worth just 0.5 euro?

then your entire portfolio configuaration proves worthless and just that, also your trading strategy becomes worthless

regards

Unfortunately the USD has been key to the rise in the price of Bitcoins. IF the USD becomes worthless so will Bitcoins because nobody will trade it because it would have no value and I would be very suprised if the USD would ever fall to next to zero If you look at the world fiat currencys they are pretty stable and have been for a long time.
Bitcoins and other currencys need to become stable like fiat money is , and also go down in value so that people can use it as a means to pay bills or buy stuff. If it stays at its current high price and keeps on jumping all over the place it will never really be used as a cryptocurrency.
dre2ooo

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:43:05 PM

Unfortunately the USD has been key to the rise in the price of Bitcoins.

For now.
krodmandoon

Activity: 434
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:47:48 PM

Your prediction scares me. Centralization and regulation will kill everything that I love in crypto currencies, but unfortunately sounds reasonable to me.

Coins_Hiro

Activity: 85

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 10:56:19 PM

That is a good idea. A new discussion platform, and coin listing page, void of centralized tokens, would revitalize the part of the community holding their integrity close.

I really like this idea. If only there's a thread here where everyone votes for their top 10 coins, it'll be a good help for newbies who are struggling and undecided what's a good coin to buy, avoiding shit coins that its only role is to be pumped and dumped later.

I was surprised seeing XRP beating ETH on CMC ranking last night. I am eyeing to invest on Ripple yesterday but for some reason wasn't able to. It is only now I realized that it seems God doesn't want me to invest on a coin that on its ATH now as it'll surely be dumped later like what happened to XVG and EMC2 of a friend who is currently crying for his loss Grin
allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 11:19:20 PM

Its just regular pump and dump,  its too centralised so why ?
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:27:53 PM

Its normal that the coin has good project if your willing to put your money then i suggest look at NEM,ADA,IOTA they are the beast of the future technology! XRP is a centralized coin and has a big partnership with major banks
pure_happiness_inside

Activity: 172

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:55:56 PM

Ripple may be centralized, but it has real use cases. Banks are testing it to reduce operating costs, which for businesses may be more valuable than ideals of decentralized governance.
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:00:47 AM

Ripple may be centralized, but it has real use cases. Banks are testing it to reduce operating costs, which for businesses may be more valuable than ideals of decentralized governance.

i think getting rid of the bankster rule is more important than a slightly better tech

old coins can be upgraded to better coins later, but the problem with bad governance and the rule of the rich established billionaires stays.

Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:07:28 AM

Anyway, the most important thing to realize now is that, the technology is called the blockchain technology and there alot people getting aboard this technology thanks to its benefits, so if centralized systems such as ripple is making waves it shouldn't point to cryptopocalyse but rather point to greater prospects. Never forget price is always dictated by demand and supply and so if ripple's price just pumped it doesn't really mean anything.

Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:07:37 AM

Some people say Ripple is more decentralized than Bitcoin. Don't forget the influence of the Bitcoin miners, whales and companies.

GeePeeU

ASK

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:11:05 AM

Some people say Ripple is more decentralized than Bitcoin. Don't forget the influence of the Bitcoin miners, whales and companies.

Those people would be idiots.

Unless you can prove the nodes are'nt hosted by ripple themselves, in server environments with VPNs or such, You are foolish to believe that.

I don't know, nor have i read about, anybody hosting a ripple server. Have you?  And you can't vote with hashpower on Ripple, because its not based on blockchain cryptography. So yea, its not even a cryptocurrency.

Also, Ripple are the only ones working on their code. They never have to show you all of their code.  So at any point they can sneak in something malicious. Or say, increase max supply to x5 over night.

Always doubt.
KingScorpio

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:30:03 AM

but these are new people not the old people,

this is a new business you can join, with ripple you have many established old elites and billionares over you

with ripple you have to live with the established not understanable overregulatedm burocratic system

Chokolo

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:41:29 AM

Correct. Do not trust anyone that tell you Ripple is centralized. They dont know what they are talking about,
Read about it here
https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

«A key benchmark that we aim to achieve is to become more decentralized than Bitcoin, which at the time of writing is 51% controlled by just five mining pools. This means the largest five pools working together could achieve a 51% attack and reverse transactions (double spend) at will. For Ethereum, this number is even lower: only three pools are needed for a takeover. To match Bitcoin, XRP Ledger would need just 16 trusted validators. Add more, and the number of tolerable faults increases accordingly. In other words, XRP Ledger will not just meet, but exceed the decentralization level of other public blockchains.»
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:35:16 AM

Ripple was not made by banks, but it will be the bank's answer to cryptocurrencies. Ripple will kill the cryptocurrencies, they can use it against us.

How exactly can they use it against us?  All people have to do is dump and Ripple gets knocked down a few. 
xaviervilla

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:40:49 PM

Well, i am actually not shocked. Honestly, frm the very first time i have seen the ideologies of ripple, i already knew that sooner or later a thing like this would really happen. Just think about it, any rational mind can really be able to predict something like this.

Now, this isn't something we can stop because even if we are not included in the group of people who make ripple soar, we cannot stop people who are greedy and are wanting easy money. Which is why qll we can do is wait and hope that this prediction never happens. Because i would clearly be stepping out of the crypto world if decentralization disappears.
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:41:05 PM

This was bound to happen eventually even without Ripple. I think there are big corporations experimenting with the blockchain software. When it does happen they will denounce all other cryptocurrency as unsafe and unlawful. The masses will then flee to the centralized cryptocurrencies...

Yes, they will likely orchastrate either some false flag cyber-terroristic event or some other engineered catastrophe in cryptos and then tell people : if you 'll use OUR cryptocurrencies you will be safe. And the sheep will obey.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:07:23 PM

...then it becomes clear how useless of a metric supply x current price (aka, market cap) is.

Even now, a centralized coin standing on the 3rd place turns coinmarketcap.com into a complete joke imo and maybe it's time it gets replaced with a site that ignores shitcoins that ignore basic crypto fundamentals, like being decentralized and trustless.
I mean they even list utter garbage like Bitconnect, as they only require an exchange API to list coins, completely ignoring that Bitconnect is reportedly, almost completely traded on its own centralized exchange that can - and probably is - sending completely made up numbers manipulating the coin completely.
Ripple's distribution model is just too unfair. Ripple is the best example of pump and dump, if you look at the chart of ripple. Pretty funny, though.

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: