Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Downfall of Crypto Begins with XRP  (Read 768 times)
shandiem14

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:27:53 PM

Its normal that the coin has good project if your willing to put your money then i suggest look at NEM,ADA,IOTA they are the beast of the future technology! XRP is a centralized coin and has a big partnership with major banks
pure_happiness_inside

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 11:55:56 PM

Ripple may be centralized, but it has real use cases. Banks are testing it to reduce operating costs, which for businesses may be more valuable than ideals of decentralized governance.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:00:47 AM

Ripple may be centralized, but it has real use cases. Banks are testing it to reduce operating costs, which for businesses may be more valuable than ideals of decentralized governance.

i think getting rid of the bankster rule is more important than a slightly better tech

old coins can be upgraded to better coins later, but the problem with bad governance and the rule of the rich established billionaires stays.

Tactical Genius

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

Leading Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Company

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:07:28 AM

Anyway, the most important thing to realize now is that, the technology is called the blockchain technology and there alot people getting aboard this technology thanks to its benefits, so if centralized systems such as ripple is making waves it shouldn't point to cryptopocalyse but rather point to greater prospects. Never forget price is always dictated by demand and supply and so if ripple's price just pumped it doesn't really mean anything.

Snarks

Activity: 196
Merit: 17

EFFECT.AI▲Decentralized network for A.I

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:07:37 AM

Some people say Ripple is more decentralized than Bitcoin. Don't forget the influence of the Bitcoin miners, whales and companies.

GeePeeU

Activity: 540
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:11:05 AM

Some people say Ripple is more decentralized than Bitcoin. Don't forget the influence of the Bitcoin miners, whales and companies.

Those people would be idiots.

Unless you can prove the nodes are'nt hosted by ripple themselves, in server environments with VPNs or such, You are foolish to believe that.

I don't know, nor have i read about, anybody hosting a ripple server. Have you?  And you can't vote with hashpower on Ripple, because its not based on blockchain cryptography. So yea, its not even a cryptocurrency.

Also, Ripple are the only ones working on their code. They never have to show you all of their code.  So at any point they can sneak in something malicious. Or say, increase max supply to x5 over night.

Always doubt.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 12:30:03 AM

but these are new people not the old people,

this is a new business you can join, with ripple you have many established old elites and billionares over you

with ripple you have to live with the established not understanable overregulatedm burocratic system

Chokolo

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 12:41:29 AM

Correct. Do not trust anyone that tell you Ripple is centralized. They dont know what they are talking about,
Read about it here
https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

«A key benchmark that we aim to achieve is to become more decentralized than Bitcoin, which at the time of writing is 51% controlled by just five mining pools. This means the largest five pools working together could achieve a 51% attack and reverse transactions (double spend) at will. For Ethereum, this number is even lower: only three pools are needed for a takeover. To match Bitcoin, XRP Ledger would need just 16 trusted validators. Add more, and the number of tolerable faults increases accordingly. In other words, XRP Ledger will not just meet, but exceed the decentralization level of other public blockchains.»
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 01:35:16 AM

Ripple was not made by banks, but it will be the bank's answer to cryptocurrencies. Ripple will kill the cryptocurrencies, they can use it against us.

How exactly can they use it against us?  All people have to do is dump and Ripple gets knocked down a few. 
xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 06:40:49 PM

Well, i am actually not shocked. Honestly, frm the very first time i have seen the ideologies of ripple, i already knew that sooner or later a thing like this would really happen. Just think about it, any rational mind can really be able to predict something like this.

Now, this isn't something we can stop because even if we are not included in the group of people who make ripple soar, we cannot stop people who are greedy and are wanting easy money. Which is why qll we can do is wait and hope that this prediction never happens. Because i would clearly be stepping out of the crypto world if decentralization disappears.
September11Myth

Activity: 387
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:41:05 PM

Soon we will have also crytocurrencies created by states, fully centralized I guess, I wonder if they will be listed on coinmarketcap.
This was bound to happen eventually even without Ripple. I think there are big corporations experimenting with the blockchain software. When it does happen they will denounce all other cryptocurrency as unsafe and unlawful. The masses will then flee to the centralized cryptocurrencies...

Yes, they will likely orchastrate either some false flag cyber-terroristic event or some other engineered catastrophe in cryptos and then tell people : if you 'll use OUR cryptocurrencies you will be safe. And the sheep will obey.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
xiaohang07

Activity: 392
Merit: 253

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:07:23 PM

...then it becomes clear how useless of a metric supply x current price (aka, market cap) is.

Even now, a centralized coin standing on the 3rd place turns coinmarketcap.com into a complete joke imo and maybe it's time it gets replaced with a site that ignores shitcoins that ignore basic crypto fundamentals, like being decentralized and trustless.
I mean they even list utter garbage like Bitconnect, as they only require an exchange API to list coins, completely ignoring that Bitconnect is reportedly, almost completely traded on its own centralized exchange that can - and probably is - sending completely made up numbers manipulating the coin completely.
Ripple's distribution model is just too unfair. Ripple is the best example of pump and dump, if you look at the chart of ripple. Pretty funny, though.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: