Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:18:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple (XRP) is a shame to the crypto-community.  (Read 2115 times)
Vigme86

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:20:38 PM

GeePeeU I don't understand your comments, the crypto-community has grown significantly since 2009, and this is dued to the huge market price rise.
I don't think the dream of a bank free world was the original purpose of Nakamoto. Banks will always be there.
The real dream is to stole the issuing power to central banks, it's quite different.

As far as my knowledge is about that, Ripple does not violate that. There are 100,000,000 XRP out there and no more can be issued.
The time they will try to change that you will see the price will fall instantly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GeePeeU (OP)

Activity: 538
Merit: 251

ASK

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:22:21 PM

I dont know why this is giving you headache. we all know that XRP price is being manipulated. not only XRP but also other cryptocurrency especially the altcoin token. many of them are tipped off. that shows technically that some dev probably those that have highest percentage distribution might influence the price of any coin if they want to. It is XRP turn now so if you buy xrp when it price is low then enjoy the pump while the offer last. but remember nother last forever

I been in the scene awhile, and this year has irked me all the wrong ways.

Everyone is focusing on money, and hype. it's almost like 50% of the community now, is just ignorant people chasing easy money. They have no regards as to what Cryptocurrencies were conceived for.

Remember the financial crisis in the late 2000's ?

Remember how we figured out how to get away from that scenario in the future?

Remember how we figured out how to give individuals FULL CONTROL over their finances?

Because it doesn't seem like many people do.

Always doubt.
panduryk

Activity: 516
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:22:36 PM

@Or are you all so drawn in by easy money, you disregard your morals and values?@
That's right, bro(
Everyone wants free money, that they are even ready to sell everything that they have, are close, friends, soul for the sake of fiat money
GeePeeU (OP)

ASK

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:23:43 PM

GeePeeU I don't understand your comments, the crypto-community has grown significantly since 2009, and this is dued to the huge market price rise.
I don't think the dream of a bank free world was the original purpose of Nakamoto. Banks will always be there.
The real dream is to stole the issuing power to central banks, it's quite different.

As far as my knowledge is about that, Ripple does not violate that. There are 100,000,000 XRP out there and no more can be issued.
The time they will try to change that you will see the price will fall instantly.

Yes they have a fixed cap, but they hold it mostly in reserves, and release it to the chain on demand. That's not right.

Always doubt.
GeePeeU (OP)

ASK

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:25:10 PM

I dont care mate,i invested 5btc worth of XRP when it was $0.2 6months ago i know thats ridiculous but it gave me a decent amount of returns,who cares about who created and manipulating this coin as much it will give thousands of dollars?no one cares.

I mean, by that perspective, you can probably give bankers blow-jobs as your day job for a decent profit.
I already sold my XRP sbecause i know what will happen?does it make sense?you can probably sit and wait for XRP to rise more as you are stupid enough not taking advantage to what the market gives you.LMAO

I am stubborn when it comes to my moral compass.

I'd rather die a poor man in a free world, than a rich man in an enslaved one.

Always doubt.
xrpholder1982

Activity: 95
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:27:52 PM

Even if you don't support Ripple and XRP's positive influence in the banking community can anyone propose a technologically superior firm and native currency to accomplish the internet of value?  And please don't say XLM they are a joke.  The internet of value is something that benefits the individual far greater than frictionless cross border transactions benefit banks.  When Ripple and XRP become the standard and money flows as freely as information does today not only will you have missed out on enormous profits for yourselves but you'll have done it for misguided reasons.  
xaviervilla

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:29:54 PM

It's getting way too much attention for how shady it is.

You people do know it was created by banksters right?

You do realize, it's one of the most responsibly manipulated assets in the crypto scene right?

You people realize we are trying to get away from banksters influence, right?

Or are you all so drawn in by easy money, you disregard your morals and values?

Disgusting.

Look mate, i ain't aiming to rain on your parade but, i do not think you have the right to call anyone disgusting. I mean, yes, i agree with your point, but the thing is, don't you think saying such is too much? Now, i am not an investor of xrp, nor wil i ever invest but i do not call anyone disgusting or any names just because they think differently than me. If you don't like it and cannot keep it to yourself, at least don't call them xrp supporters as disgusting. Simpky because yiu do not know where they are comming from amd why they do what they do. Like their status in life etc.. anyways, i think you gety point so i hope this cmake you reflect.
mcfit84

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:31:33 PM

If people are getting greedy, the bangster will win.

Everybody lost the thought of Satoshi. 
In 2008 the USA and the EU printed trillions of dollars and euros to stabilize the financial market.

The basic idea was to limit the amount of money.

This can only be done by decentralization.  Decentralization means not the decentralization of network. It means that not only one party or one government or the bangsters central bank can switch of the currency. It needs the majority of the community. 

This is Bitcoin.
This is Ethereum.

But this is certainly not Ripple.
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:32:49 PM

You do realize, it's one of the most responsibly manipulated assets in the crypto scene right?

Disgusting.
Community ? lol
You do realise there is no such thing as a 'community' for the alt-coin section right ? Apart from money hungry investors and greedy bounty whores everyone else is just a delusion.No one cares who created Ripple.As long as it keeps on getting pumped,people are happy with it.
Not going into much technical stuff but Ripple is a heavily controlled coin since the day it was launched.The only reason it exits is because it's making people rich.
GeePeeU (OP)

ASK

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:34:04 PM

Disgusting.

Look mate, i ain't aiming to rain on your parade but, i do not think you have the right to call anyone disgusting. I mean, yes, i agree with your point, but the thing is, don't you think saying such is too much? Now, i am not an investor of xrp, nor wil i ever invest but i do not call anyone disgusting or any names just because they think differently than me. If you don't like it and cannot keep it to yourself, at least don't call them xrp supporters as disgusting. Simpky because yiu do not know where they are comming from amd why they do what they do. Like their status in life etc.. anyways, i think you gety point so i hope this cmake you reflect.

I'm just saying the current atmosphere in cryptocurrencies is disgusting. Didn't mean to label the individuals as so.
The community is not what it used to be. And the majority seem to invest blindly, before reading a single page on specifications, developers, and functions.
Most discussions everywhere, used to be about the individual empowerment, the potential, and the cleansing of corrupt bank influence on society.

Cryptos have always shared core values with me. But I guess i'm left behind with my ideological thinking.

Always doubt.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:37:06 PM

Maybe this could have got the banksters manipulation, but the same doesn't mean it is a shame or we the users should not use it. This didn't got achieved in a month or within short term, it has traveled years to reach such an value depending on the market acceptance and other relative factors.
GeePeeU (OP)

ASK

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:37:33 PM

If people are getting greedy, the bangster will win.

Everybody lost the thought of Satoshi. 
In 2008 the USA and the EU printed trillions of dollars and euros to stabilize the financial market.

The basic idea was to limit the amount of money.

This can only be done by decentralization.  Decentralization means not the decentralization of network. It means that not only one party or one government or the bangsters central bank can switch of the currency. It needs the majority of the community. 

This is Bitcoin.
This is Ethereum.

But this is certainly not Ripple.

Greed has proven to manifest, and exploit it's self in most people given the oppertunity.

On that note, were fucked. It was a good ride.

Always doubt.
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:47:04 PM

I'd rather die a poor man in a free world, than a rich man in an enslaved one.
Most here are blinded by greed. Either to dumb or dont want to see the Honey-trap. Let 'em have 5 min of joy for a lifetime of enslavement.
Check signature for more insight to this shonky operation. XRP has nothing to do with blockchain tech, fact.

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:49:18 PM

This thread is full of evidence of just how saturated the crypto-community has become with profit hungry fiends.

Agreed. Too many greedy fuckers out there who would sell their own mothers to the devil for a quick buck. And that's exactly what Ripple/banks want.

Sad part is, the more fools who do invest in XRP, the more secured banking influence on society becomes should a crypto-currency revolution happen.

So many not just naive and clueless but also arrogant newbies and juniors defending shitcoins.

They'd do anything for a slice of pizza's worth of satoshis. Fucking ignorant dumbasses.

Not your keys, not your coins!
ZainSpider

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:50:52 PM

You seems hating it too much. I wonder why people started getting hate for a coin what they don't have when it goes high, but when it comes down, they buy it in bulks to fill thr banks.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 07:51:45 PM

Disgusting.

I really don't you guys have so much hate on Ripple XRP that has nothing to do with your life.
Ripple is gaining attention, popularity and fame due to it's marketing strategy. Are you all jealous that while Ripple coins was way cheaper than today but you couldn't afford to invest even a hundred of coins?
Even if I didn't owned a single Ripple coin today but I totally support their community that was indeed huge number of members that keeps on updating their investors.
I'm gonna invest Ripple soon because I know it will rise more.

jep ripples marketing strategy:

1. print money (us dollar)

2. spend it on depentend salary slaves to market ripple

fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:04:00 PM

I dont care mate,i invested 5btc worth of XRP when it was $0.2 6months ago i know thats ridiculous but it gave me a decent amount of returns,who cares about who created and manipulating this coin as much it will give thousands of dollars?no one cares.

No one cares, but sooner or later the crypto community would suffer for it. I'm not saying Ripple is bad but that we should be concerned about investing in good projects the would last and benefit people.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:08:40 PM

98% or more of the people here are in crypto to make more dollars and then leave. that may not be a fun idea but it's the truth. if ripple gets them there before bitcoin then that's the train they're gonna choose to ride. hardly anyone will turn down money for reasons of morals or principals.
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:11:02 PM

For the sake of novices like me around here, could you pls explain why you have this issue with Ripple? I actually think they're good.

liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:13:45 PM

Disgusting.

Yes it`s true as you say, but I only found out yesterday that XRP it was created by banksters.
And the question that arises in my mind is: what was their real goal?..., Whether they may want to replace/remove the cryptocurrency system?...,  and then replaced with XRP.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: