Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:00:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your opinion of the Maximum role of Government in society?
Absolute: Government should control all services and prices. - 5 (5.3%)
Moderate: the Government should control some services, and not others (explain) - 30 (31.6%)
Minimal: The Government should limit itself to courts and military. - 32 (33.7%)
None: All services and goods should be provided privately (or collectively). - 28 (29.5%)
Total Voters: 94

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Maximum role of Government?  (Read 28703 times)
Grant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 08:51:28 PM

Cleverly dodged the question Smiley  There is no question of all borders being open.  The UK is taking over 200,000 refugees and immigrants per year and thats as much as we can handle here.  

I return to my question - could Norway take 10 million immigrants now?

You're dodging the answer, lol.

My position is quiet logical, if all borders were open you wouldn't have a small country taking 10m immigrants. Because a such a move would make no sense, they'd distribute across wichever coutnry pays best, once Norway is saturated it wouldnt make any sense to move there. (so you'd never reach 10m to norway)

So, your question is impractical. It simply wouldnt happen if borders were open. But for sake of the argument if you really believe 10m ppl would desire to move to Norway i think they should, worst case scenario is that i'd purchase shares in a security services agency and profit from it, the immigrants however would lose on it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hawker
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:06:24 PM

Cleverly dodged the question Smiley  There is no question of all borders being open.  The UK is taking over 200,000 refugees and immigrants per year and thats as much as we can handle here.  

I return to my question - could Norway take 10 million immigrants now?

You're dodging the answer, lol.

My position is quiet logical, if all borders were open you wouldn't have a small country taking 10m immigrants. Because a such a move would make no sense, they'd distribute across wichever coutnry pays best, once Norway is saturated it wouldnt make any sense to move there. (so you'd never reach 10m to norway)

So, your question is impractical. It simply wouldnt happen if borders were open. But for sake of the argument if you really believe 10m ppl would desire to move to Norway i think they should, worst case scenario is that i'd purchase shares in a security services agency and profit from it, the immigrants however would lose on it.

They are starving.  They won't lose.  Norway has oil so it can afford to feed them.  And as Norway has signed the European Charter of Human Rights, it has to provide housing for all it allows in.

Its nice you have such a generous policy.  I can see why open borders is good for the poor people of the world.  I can't see how it benefits Norway to take in those millions. 

Question for you.  Of course you will give these people the vote. If the new immigrants vote to have Sharia in Norway, will you respect their democratic rights and obey Sharia law yourself? 
myrkul (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 09:15:52 PM

Question for you.  Of course you will give these people the vote. If the new immigrants vote to have Sharia in Norway, will you respect their democratic rights and obey Sharia law yourself? 

Sigh. Cephalic ossification.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:20:54 PM

Question for you.  Of course you will give these people the vote. If the new immigrants vote to have Sharia in Norway, will you respect their democratic rights and obey Sharia law yourself?  

Sigh.  Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

You still haven't provided a benefit to your open borders idea?  You have to be able to think of one?
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 09:24:06 PM

Question for you.  Of course you will give these people the vote. If the new immigrants vote to have Sharia in Norway, will you respect their democratic rights and obey Sharia law yourself?  

You still haven't provided a benefit to your open borders idea?  You have to be able to think of one?

And apparently, you can't read either:
The benefit is that you don't have a state extorting the entire society to enforce an immigration policy that only a portion of the society supports.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:29:34 PM

And apparently, you can't read either:
The benefit is that you don't have a state extorting the entire society to enforce an immigration policy that only a portion of the society supports.

What if the State is acting on behalf of the majority of the people?  If a simple majority is not enough, is there a percentage of the population above which you'd respect their wishes?
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 09:33:30 PM

What if the State is acting on behalf of the majority of the people?  If a simple majority is not enough, is there a percentage of the population above which you'd respect their wishes?

Yes. Anything over 99.99999999999999999999999% of the population is sufficient.

In case you still haven't got it, You are talking to an Anarchist.

Hawker
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 09:39:11 PM

Yes. Anything over 99.99999999999999999999999% of the population is sufficient.

In case you still haven't got it, You are talking to an Anarchist.

I admire you for trying so hard to defend such an outlandish position Smiley  We don't agree but its been a pleasure looking at your ideas.  Since we risk boring one another, I'll stop now.
NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 09:41:51 PM

I admire you for trying so hard to defend such an outlandish position Smiley

It's kind of sad that keeping your hands to yourself is seen as "outlandish".
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 09:48:18 PM

I admire you for trying so hard to defend such an outlandish position Smiley  We don't agree but its been a pleasure looking at your ideas.  Since we risk boring one another, I'll stop now.

You're by no means boring me. I love gnawing on stubborn bones. But, as I said before, you're more than welcome to join or start a restricted entry community. You just can't force people to stay there who don't want to stay.

AyeYo

Activity: 154
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 10:18:52 PM

It's kinda sad pitiful that anything you disagree with is seen as violence, rape, murder, and extortion.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
AyeYo

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 10:20:33 PM

I admire you for trying so hard to defend such an outlandish position Smiley  We don't agree but its been a pleasure looking at your ideas.  Since we risk boring one another, I'll stop now.

You're by no means boring me. I love gnawing on stubborn bones. But, as I said before, you're more than welcome to join or start a restricted entry community. You just can't force people to stay there who don't want to stay.

But that's exactly what we have now.  We have this little community called the US, UK, whereverthefuckyoulive.com, and no one is forced to stay.  You're free to go at any time.  All we ask is that you obey our rules if you choose to stay, but if you don't like the rules you're more than welcome to leave, we'll even assist you in the relocation process.

Enjoying the dose of reality or getting a laugh out of my posts? Feel free to toss me a penny or two, everyone else seems to be doing it! 1Kn8NqvbCC83zpvBsKMtu4sjso5PjrQEu1
Anonymous

July 08, 2011, 10:22:20 PM

We have this little community called the US, UK, whereverthefuckyoulive.com, and no one is forced to stay.
No, there is one big community ran by the central banks. They have all the wealth hostage. If you leave the ring, you end up in horrible places. If you create something great there, it will be looted by the first-world.
AyeYo

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 10:24:10 PM

We have this little community called the US, UK, whereverthefuckyoulive.com, and no one is forced to stay.
No, there is one big community ran by the central banks. They have all the wealth hostage. If you leave the ring, you end up in horrible places. If you create something great there, it will be looted by the first-world.

Aren't you late for middle school band practice?

myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 10:25:01 PM

It's kinda sad pitiful that anything you disagree with is seen as violence, rape, murder, and extortion.

What we disagree with is the violence and extortion inherent in the system. So... Yeah.
But that's exactly what we have now.  We have this little community called the US, UK, whereverthefuckyoulive.com, and no one is forced to stay.  You're free to go at any time.  All we ask is that you our rules if you choose to stay, but if you don't like the rules you're more than welcome to leave, we'll even assist you in the relocation process.

And if a 100% popular vote was required to pass any law, I'd be perfectly happy with it.

Anonymous

July 08, 2011, 10:26:04 PM

Non sequitur.
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 10:26:48 PM

Troll elsewhere.

JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 10:29:48 PM

And if a 100% popular vote was required to pass any law, I'd be perfectly happy with it.
They did try that in Poland. Didn't work so well.
Actually it was only the 'senate' or what you call it that had to get 100% agreement on votes. Still didn't work.
You have a fetish for things that doesn't work, don't you?  Grin

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
myrkul (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2011, 10:35:39 PM

They did try that in Poland. Didn't work so well.
Actually it was only the 'senate' or what you call it that had to get 100% agreement on votes. Still didn't work.
You have a fetish for things that doesn't work, don't you?  Grin

I know a 100% popular vote won't work for anything larger than a village. I also know that monopolies do not work. So, Who has the fetish for things that don't work?

JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2011, 10:39:55 PM

I know a 100% popular vote won't work for anything larger than a village. I also know that monopolies do not work. So, Who has the fetish for things that don't work?

The Polish didn't get anything done with that law in place. There was always someone blocking every single action they tried to take. That's what I call "don't work".

Today Pharma are given a temporary monopoly on their drugs to get their investments back. Most often they do. When the patent expires the prices drop.
What is it about that monopoly that doesn't work?

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: