Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:05:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL  (Read 45589 times)
solitude

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 06:13:03 AM

I didn't bother contacting BFL or filing an official dispute through Paypal because I knew the outcome of both

I simply called Paypal and explained how BFL was scamming everyone, was told they couldn't do anything because outside 45 days, I bitched and moaned some more, they opened dispute

BFL had like 11 days to prove they shipped me a miner, and they ignored the claim.  I was refunded afterwards.

Don't give up when they give you the "outside 45 day" nonsense.

And stop buying asic preorders, tehy're all scams 100% guaranteed.

That last line is crap. Sounds like you got your refund through pure bludgeoning Paypal until they conceded, I don't know when you placed your order, but if it was after march this year and in any case if it has taken you this long for a refund, more fool you for not performing any due diligence.

Sure if you consider "bludgeoning" to be on the phone with one single paypal rep telling them how I've been a paypal customer since forever.  I guess I'm just persuasive because I ordered back in Februrary.

Also ASIC's are a scam whether or not people ended up getting them eventaully.  It's not in these cocksuckers best interest to ship you your ASIC anytime soon, and since they don't have to, they won't.

Given the time-sensitive nature of bitcoin miners, pre-ordering them with no honest-to-god guarantee of delivery date is fucking retarded.

The whole situation is disgusting, taking advantage of peoples greed and making empty promises of shipping dates which never happen.

The only thing shipping is some shitty block erupter which won't even make ROI ever, yet people still buy it.

Hardly anyone speaks English on this forum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:06:36 AM

ASIC's are a scam whether or not people ended up getting them eventaully. 

I don't understand what you mean by this.

Bitcoin ASIC's are most definitely not a scam.

Perhaps some companies are scams, but to say that Bitcoin ASIC's are a scam is not accurate.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:13:40 AM

Perhaps some companies are scams, but to say that Bitcoin ASIC's are a scam is not accurate.

In a way they are,the more that is bought by the public,the more YOU need to buy to keep in the game & it will never end  Roll Eyes

I've done the math,I'd need to double MY hashrate every 500-750TH .....................

I'm buying myself,when someone can produce in a decent time frame,like buy it now,get it now.......not 6 months to a year or more later  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:48:30 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 10:07:36 AM by Bitcoinorama

In a way they are,the more that is bought by the public,the more YOU need to buy to keep in the game & it will never end  Roll Eyes

I've done the math,I'd need to double MY hashrate every 500-750TH .....................

I'm buying myself,when someone can produce in a decent time frame,like buy it now,get it now.......not 6 months to a year or more later  Roll Eyes

Supply and demand, only because human greed outweighs the need to research and make an informed choice.

You either find means for cheap electricity at somepoint or walk away...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Lohoris

Activity: 630

Bitgoblin

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:12:49 AM

The whole situation is disgusting, taking advantage of peoples greed and making empty promises of shipping dates which never happen.
Greed make people stupid, and while it is still wrong to exploit that, they are both equally at fault.
The exploiters because they are evil, and the greedy because they shut down their brain and fuck you should never do that, or you at least partly deserve what happens to you.

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.
ECore

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

https://ubikiri.com/

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 02:14:19 PM

Huh  I find it ironic that a group of bitcoiners are sitting around applauding paypal for returning money to a customer.   Roll Eyes

Integrated Distributed Ledgers
A whole world of different blockchains living together in a single network based on DAG. No more gates, bridges, portals or special nodes connecting blockchains into a single whole. Only one p2p network, consisting of blockchains of various types: from private for state and corporate networks to public for crypto projects.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 02:19:38 PM

Huh  I find it ironic that a group of bitcoiners are sitting around applauding paypal for returning money to a customer.   Roll Eyes

lol, good point
dudeofthestick

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:35:41 PM

Just sent an email to fraud@paypal.com explaining everything.

I asked for a refund to BFL and they rejected. Then I filed a Dispute in PayPal and was rejected because of the 45 days window. Let's try now with the email to fraud.

If I get a refund I will inform you.
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 03:47:27 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2013, 04:22:28 PM by Bitcoinorama

Huh  I find it ironic that a group of bitcoiners are sitting around applauding paypal for returning money to a customer.   Roll Eyes

I find it ironic that a group of people slate a company for holding their money hostage, when the only person holding their money hostage is themselves.

Truly, it shows the level of research people are willing to do before investing in these companies, or anything of that matter is none. None at all.

Far easier to throw around the word scam over and over and exhaust yourself mentally believing you're funds are being held hostage, than to call your bank and have a reasonable conversation with the last in the fraud dept of your ccard and state this transaction is well overdue from the original anticipated date of delivery and get a refund there. It's what you pay APR of 15+% on the things for!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
vcsmith (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 04:13:37 PM

I asked for a refund to BFL and they rejected. Then I filed a Dispute in PayPal and was rejected because of the 45 days window. Let's try now with the email to fraud.

Not to tell you what to do, but I also called PayPal's Customer Service and complained about the dispute being closed.  I think the fact that I hit them from every angle helped my case.

Good luck!
yurtesen

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:04:18 PM

FWIW, there was one thing in this ordeal that really rubbed me the wrong way...

When Bruce from BFL called, he made the "under review" status sound like a punishment for my complaining to PayPal. He seemed surprised that I didn't care about being taken out of the queue. I think that was the only card they had.

Again, don't take this lying down. If you want your money back, take it.

You should have just said that if they shipped your units right away, you will give up inquiring about the refund Wink
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:06:31 PM

Truly, it shows the level of research people are willing to do before investing in these companies, or anything of that matter is none. None at all.

Between this comment, and your unwavering support for KNC, I'm beginning to have a hard time taking anything you say here seriously.
GodHatesFigs

Activity: 557
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:15:38 PM

Great news; well done!
millsdmb

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:24:14 PM

Huh  I find it ironic that a group of bitcoiners are sitting around applauding paypal for returning money to a customer.   Roll Eyes
even more ironic that I just purchased a block erupter in a group buy that only takes paypal. And there, one or two people cried "SCAM!"

As I said in that thread, tho...escrow is what Paypal does best. As a long time seller and buyer, ive gotten both refunds and chargebacks. Geting more involved in bitcoin, it becomes increasingly evident that this is an area that remains in need of some improvement.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:25:04 PM

Between this comment, and your unwavering support for KNC, I'm beginning to have a hard time taking anything you say here seriously.

To my knowledge, KNC has not missed a date or performance target yet. Yes, their plan is very audacious and we have very little visibility into their development process (as opposed to an open source project for instance). I am willing to give KNC the benefit of the doubt until they actually fail to deliver on a promise. I am tempted to order KNC gear, however I have not yet because they are not far enough along to satisfy my strict criteria for purchase from a mining equipment vendor.

In short, I think the jury is still out on KNC.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:25:16 PM

You'll have better luck with a phone call.  It worked for me.
millsdmb

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:30:40 PM

You'll have better luck with a phone call.  It worked for me.

unless they say no, then you need in writing for paypal dispute.

Hitler Finds out about the Butterfly Labs Monarch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYNMKdv36w
Get $10 worth of BTC Free when you buy $100 worth at coinbase.com/?r=51dffa8970f85a53bd000034
vcsmith (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:31:21 PM

FWIW, there was one thing in this ordeal that really rubbed me the wrong way...

When Bruce from BFL called, he made the "under review" status sound like a punishment for my complaining to PayPal. He seemed surprised that I didn't care about being taken out of the queue. I think that was the only card they had.

Again, don't take this lying down. If you want your money back, take it.

You should have just said that if they shipped your units right away, you will give up inquiring about the refund Wink

I appreciate your opinion, but...

At this time I have no further interest in any BFL product. I have no faith in their ability to deliver, and I have no faith in their desire to provide ongoing customer service (i.e. warranty). I was tired of their delay tactics, and sick of watching the way their officers conduct themselves in public. BFL showed me one thing: They are not the type of company that I want to do business with.

I just wanted my money back, plain and simple.

In the end, I got it.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:43:39 PM

well, this is win.

millsdmb

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 07:56:11 PM

well, this is win.

Agreed. I think im going to go drop my entire "Bill me Later" available credit on BFL units via Paypal =D

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: