Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:32:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: YES, you can get a REFUND from BFL  (Read 45589 times)
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:36:07 PM

But, Judge, Josh Zerlan called Satoshi Nakamoto a Monumental Asshole.

Case reopened!
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PG IS SATOSHI NAKAMOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FOUND HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? no reward?Huh?
Josh, is bcp19 your latest sock?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 06:39:29 PM

Case reopened!
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PG IS SATOSHI NAKAMOTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FOUND HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? no reward?Huh?

I want to state that I have reason to believe that this is not the case, and that they are two different people.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:40:09 PM

Case reopened!

What? no reward?Huh?

I want to state that I have reason to believe that this is not the case, and that they are two different people.
Do they work at BFL?

Edit: Don't tell me...It's SLOCK?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 06:40:57 PM

Case reopened!

What? no reward?Huh?

I was in reference to Josh calling EVERYBODY on this forum a Monumental Asshole, and since SN is still a member, ergo the assessment.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 06:41:43 PM

Case reopened!

What? no reward?Huh?

Do they work at BFL?

Nah, just a dude in Iowa.
qwertyGuy

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:43:13 PM

What will you get sonner, BTC refund or preordered unit ?
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:43:58 PM

Case reopened!

What? no reward?Huh?

Do they work at BFL?

Why does he/she/it agree with absolutely everything that BFL does? Heavy investments or just shilling for the sake of shilling?

He is even hitting the BFL forums pretty hard right now. (bcp19)
bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:45:11 PM

Case reopened!

What? no reward?Huh?

Do they work at BFL?

Why does he/she/it agree with absolutely everything that BFL does? Heavy investments or just shilling for the sake of shilling?

Wow, you really have not read everything I have posted.  Ask PG, he even answered the same questions I did.

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:45:32 PM

Case reopened!

What? no reward?Huh?

Either way, he's a poor, confused soul who, IMO, is not grounded in reality.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 06:46:28 PM

Case reopened!

What? no reward?Huh?

Do they work at BFL?

Only a crazy guy would post in every BFL thread.  Roll Eyes
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 06:47:22 PM

Case reopened!

What? no reward?Huh?

Do they work at BFL?

Wow, you really have not read everything I have posted.  Ask PG, he even answered the same questions I did.

Yep!
bcp19

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 06:50:45 PM

Case reopened!

What? no reward?Huh?

Do they work at BFL?

Only a crazy guy would post in every BFL thread.  Roll Eyes
I bow to the master.

scambutterflylabs

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 08:53:31 PM

And back on track:

Public Service Announcement!

If you have ordered from ButterFly Labs and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask ButterFly Labs for a refund, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. Multiple customers have already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via Bitcoin or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with ButterFly Labs to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.
You can also do a paper filing with the DA here: http://da.jocogov.org/complaint-forms

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from ButterFly Labs, here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bfl      http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=inaba
Butterfly Labs shipped the Jalapeno 10 months after first orders. They're still backlogged 7 months. If you're thinking of buying a BFL Monarch, think again.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:05:06 PM

I recently received a full refund from BFL for an order I placed several months ago.

I know, I know, BFL claims that "all sales are final".  Well, there's "final", and then there's "final"...

It took a month, but here's what worked for me:

• I sent an email to office@butterflylabs.com in which I politely requested a refund.
  • About a week later, I received a reply from BFL denying my request.
  • I filed a dispute with PayPal. In this dispute I noted that BFL failed to deliver, denied my refund request, and violated PayPal's Terms of Service for pre-order sales.
  • PayPal closed my dispute the same day, stating that I was outside the 45-day window.
  • I called PayPal's customer service and complained about my dispute being closed, and explained to PayPal exactly how BFL is violating the ToS.
  • I sent an email to fraud@paypal.com in which I listed my transaction and dispute number, and explained how BFL is violating the ToS.
  • A few days later, a PayPal Customer Solutions Supervisor called me on the phone. He had already spoken to BFL and assured me that BFL would be contacting me. I told him that I just wanted a refund, and explained to him how BFL is violating the ToS.
  • I waited a week to give BFL plenty of time to contact me.  They didn't.
  • I emailed the PayPal Customer Solutions Supervisor and told him that BFL had not contacted me. He seemed shocked. I wasn't. He told me that PayPal could take action against BFL if necessary.
  • The PayPal Customer Solutions Supervisor escalated my dispute to the next level (whatever that is).  He told me that someone else would call.
  • The next day I received a call from a guy named Bruce at BFL. He told me that since I had complained to PayPal, BFL was placing my order "under review" and taking it out of the queue. From his tone, I got the impression that Bruce thought this would bother me. I told him that I didn't need a review, I just wanted my money back. He wouldn't give me a firm answer and just kept repeating that they were placing my order "under review" and taking it out of the queue. I even asked if this review would take a day, week, month, or year. No answer, just the same "under review" statement.
  • Within 5 minutes of BFL's call, an Account Representative from PayPal called. I told her about the strange conversation with Bruce. She said that she would contact BFL again.
  • My payment to BFL was refunded to my PayPal account the next business day.

IMHO, this is the bottom line:

BFL needs PayPal. If you want your money back, complain to PayPal and don't give up.

+1

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:14:00 AM

bump
bcp19

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 01:39:46 AM

bump
You really need more training...

And a Public Service Announcement!
If you have ordered from BFL and have not yet received your product, you are entitled to a refund whenever you request one (per FTC rules).
First ask Butterfly Labs for one, they will probably say no but you might get lucky.
If you ordered via PayPal you can file a complaint with them even if you are outside the 45 day window. One customer has already gotten a refund from PayPal that was outside the 45 days.
If you ordered via BTC or Bank wire, you can fill out a complaint with the FTC and they will advocate for you with BFL to get your refund. You can also contact the office of the Kansas Attorney General and inform them that you have had your money taken with no product delivered for months, just more promises.

There are also several threads on how to get a refund from BFL, here are two:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=266945.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=272585.0

lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 02:46:31 AM

Google the email address for the president of PayPal and email him.  It worked for me more than 80 days after purchase.

Bicknellski

Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:23:40 AM

Google the email address for the president of PayPal and email him.  It worked for me more than 80 days after purchase.

If all refunds went as smoothly. BFL = Shady.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:12:16 AM

Yes that is simple.  Did BFL ever promise in it's advertising any particular bitcoin pay back for buying the hardware? 

I just wonder because that would expose them to a serious liability lawsuit.
I'd be surprised if they did.  I certainly wouldn't if I built mining hardware seeing as how many variables out of your control could change profitibility of your product, then again it is BFL so who knows.  If that was posted somewhere I'm sure someone will dig it up.

One side benefit of all this is I am a bit more aware of my rights as a consumer in certain situations due to all the postings of regulations and law.
Bicknellski

Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 06:17:34 AM

Yes that is simple.  Did BFL ever promise in it's advertising any particular bitcoin pay back for buying the hardware? 

I just wonder because that would expose them to a serious liability lawsuit.
I'd be surprised if they did.  I certainly wouldn't if I built mining hardware seeing as how many variables out of your control could change profitibility of your product, then again it is BFL so who knows.  If that was posted somewhere I'm sure someone will dig it up.

One side benefit of all this is I am a bit more aware of my rights as a consumer in certain situations due to all the postings of regulations and law.

Yes that is good. We need to take that one step further and work together and push these companies further and expect them to refund when requested or send in official complaints to the relevant authorities. Avalon or BFL both have exposure here legally and that is where we can apply pressure.

BFL = Shady.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: