Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:00:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple replacing Bitcoin in 2018  (Read 599 times)
Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:57:44 AM

IMO, although ripple volume and price has increased recently, it is unrealistic and over ambitious to say that ripple is able to over take Bitcoin in 2018, 2019 or anytime soon.
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:03:07 AM

You guys are just trying to create FUD in other to pump ripple and for traders to dump bitcoin! How can ripple of yesterday will replace bitcoin that has gone through a lot of development and issues and bitcoin forever. We should try to know the games whales do playing us most times in the crypto currencies. Bitcoin should be looked at a gold standard for all other.
svojoe
Legendary

Activity: 968
Merit: 1000

einc.io

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:08:34 AM

Ripple is very centralized crypto. Plus it has the founders, but BTC don't. I suppose it's the best advantage of BTC. But in my opinion the failure of Sigwit2X (in Nov) was the beginning of the end because it has very obvious problems with the transactions speed at the moment.

cryptoblue77

Activity: 472
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:14:37 AM

It is true that Ripple will be the high potential coin in 2018 but I don't think it would replace bitcoin. Only Ethereum can replace bitcoin.

pogpog10

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

Presale is live!

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:16:25 AM

This thing will probably never happen. Ripple got a great run that's true but we have to chill before making long term predictions. Bitcoin is having hard times but this the part of the process. It will recover soon and will set new records.Bitcoin will stay as number one crypto currency no matter what happens.

bit.pawy

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:17:47 AM

It will be impossible for ripple to pass bitcoin to take the rank 1 spot solely because ripple is a centralized system. All of us if not most people here in the community prefers a decentralized mode of transaction.
Awnar

Activity: 230
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:19:40 AM

This thing will probably never happen. Ripple got a great run that's true but we have to chill before making long term predictions. Bitcoin is having hard times but this the part of the process. It will recover soon and will set new records.Bitcoin will stay as number one crypto currency no matter what happens.

Yap and as far as i know ripple is one of those coins that doesnt have any connection in bitcoin price. Ripple is on its own and you cant just compair to bitcoin. Ripple should be known by its own abilities and not just being compared to btc.
abduljacklu

Activity: 235
Merit: 11

ENTRY cryptocurrency

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:21:29 AM

In my oppinion it is too far to happen this year,bankers controls the XRP's price.

adamski

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:24:58 AM

It's always the same...

IOTA has a pump => IOTA is the next big thing and will replace bitcoin
Cardano has a pump => Cardano will be number 1 and replace bitcoin
Ripple has a pump => Ripple will replace bitcoin

so what's next? I will tell you:
bitcoin will get a pump => bitcoin will stay the number 1

lighpulsar07

Activity: 518
Merit: 271

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:28:47 AM

first of all ripple will not replacing bitcoin please don't spread the FUD please? yes indeed ripple's price is rising but it doesn't mean that it can pass bitcoin in any terms  ripple had to pass 20k per coin first before saying that bitcoin is replaced by ripple this year alone although i am also a ripple holder so i am very happy ripple is rising but still i am not happy about the people spreading FUD and smudging bitcoin's after they have benefited on it.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:29:02 AM

I think that in 2018 Ripple will be the preferred coin and will take over as the biggest network by a good margin. Money is already moving away from Bitcoin and people are selling it for XRP and other cryptocoins.

Im glad to see people finally see that the true «shitcoin» is Bitcoin.

It is painfully slow, it takes away peoples money because transactions are very expensive, and it consumes a whole country worth of electricity because it is so inefficient and requires so much computer power just to have it running. In addition its forking left and right because miners cant agree on something and its anarchy there now.

ripple will never replace any cryptocurrency, not even bitcoin

mainthread

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:31:50 AM

I doubt that this year may happen. Bitcoin will for a long time only be a tool for sepculation. Many people who brought money to bitkoyn do not want to understand this market. They are only interested in fast money.
BitandAlt

Activity: 191
Merit: 21

Decentralized Security - DIW

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:36:25 AM

I would like to see that happen to be honest. Even though its the first coin to be launched and be used, Bitcoin is too slow and too old and ultimately needs to be replaced unless it receives massive updates.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
steelshadow

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:40:34 AM

lol u kidding or what? BTC is the daddy of all coins so no one can replace it yeah but as seeing to this Ripple Price Prediction it has good potential to create history
Chokolo (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:03:01 PM

lol u kidding or what? BTC is the daddy of all coins so no one can replace it yeah but as seeing to this Ripple Price Prediction it has good potential to create history

Just because Bitcoin was the first, doesnt mean it will not be replaced and go down. Remember AltaVista, the hugely successfull and popular search engine? It went down and was forgotten when Google came around.

Altavista and Google. Bitcoin and Ripple.
It is very alike. Google was superior to Altavista when it launched. Ripple is also superior to Bitcoin. Its just a fact. Nothing can stay on top forever.

Right now people are selling their BTC for XRP. Id suggest people start doing the same because Bitcoin probably isnt going anywhere but down. Their top was $20k. Ever since it have gone down down down.

Chokolo (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:06:46 PM

Ripple is very centralized crypto. Plus it has the founders, but BTC don't. I suppose it's the best advantage of BTC. But in my opinion the failure of Sigwit2X (in Nov) was the beginning of the end because it has very obvious problems with the transactions speed at the moment.

Actually even here Ripple is far safer and better than Bitcoin.
Decentralization of Ripple means it will be more decentralized than Bitcoin can ever be.
Read about their plans here:
https://ripple.com/insights/how-we-are-further-decentralizing-the-ripple-consensus-ledger-rcl-to-bolster-robustness-for-enterprise-use/

In addition we have Bitcoin breaking up with forks everywhere. There are plans for even more forks.
That is not possible with Ripple. Ripple is united while Bitcoin is falling apart.

Abandon ship
MatrixMining

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

OK, Bitcoin has some serious scalability problems right now, so there are many speculations if some other cryptocurrency will take the lead. However, I'm convinced this will all end once lighting network is implemented in Bitcoin. That should solve the scalability isssues (I mean really solve, not just temporarily like it is with the increasing block size bullshit) and also bring other advantages. I thus think that Bitcoin will stay No. 1 for a long time.
pauuui

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:13:10 PM

Relax guys, ripple won't be able to replace bitcoin in 2018. Anyone will agree that people had enough with a centralized market. And it's better if transactions will be just peer-to-peer, a decentralized one, owned by none.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:25:08 PM

Everyone can predict something, with a note including a valid source of what he or she predicts. It's your right when you talk that Ripple will replace bitcoin in 2018. But what I want is when you talk like that, please include your reference, that is a very good assumption.

We know that the world of cryptocurrency is a decentralized system, which everything is managed by users. Unlike banks that have a centralized system, everything is set up by a party, and what happens to Ripple now is like that.

I hope that in the future everyone can talk according to the place. When talking about cryptocurrency means the goal is decentralization, and nothing will change it.
sky2moon

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 12:26:55 PM

Anything can happen nowadays, we donno when can happen or really can't happen at all. Will you agree that centralized market or centralized coin? We need to know ourself first. Why bitcoin? Why ripple ? Some people will like centralized and some people like decentralized. For me I will not support centralized coin. I believe that no one can replace bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: