Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:34:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MemoryCoin  (Read 100280 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
YukonCoinelius

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 07:53:48 PM

FreeTrade,

How does one list those voting results you are posting? Is it showing all the votes, or just the top few?

Does voting at each round use the current balance at the address, or the balance at time vote was placed?

Is the voting balance the whole wallet balance, or just the amount currently credited/received by 1 particular address/account?

Possible Bug?: I am seeing a series of new addresses generated in the default “” account, apparently related to the 4 txns produced by sending to MTVE addresses. From brief read through your design notes, I thought an objective was to preserve the sending address when generating change, so is this an error (?). The series of new addresses is confusing my voting, as it seems I'm not getting the whole wallet balance for the vote weight, just the amount accumulated at 1 address before it changed to the next. Could be related to: I have been importprivkey the grant address into the same wallet, generally before sending to it. Maybe it's better/necessary to use a separate non-mining/non-transaction wallet to receive grants?

Also I've had a vote “disappear” (not show up on your lists) -- I'm now guessing this is because the sending address had a 0 apparent balance, per the above.

Thanks for your great work on this interesting, innovative coin. If you are not already in touch, fyi the FRC Freicoin developers have also been working towards a distributed voting feature like this, and will surely be very interested in the developments and experimental results with MemoryCoin.
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 08:18:15 PM

FreeTrade,

How does one list those voting results you are posting? Is it showing all the votes, or just the top few?

There's some info in the Debug, but it's not complete and I need to tidy it up.

Does voting at each round use the current balance at the address, or the balance at time vote was placed?

It uses the balance as at 20 blocks previous to the current block. So at block 640, it looks at how things stood at block 620, and awards grants based on that. You could work out what grants will be awarded in block 640 as soon as block 620 is settled.
(and balance at time of vote is not important).

Is the voting balance the whole wallet balance, or just the amount currently credited/received by 1 particular address/account?
It's one particular address. But they should be the same thing.

Possible Bug?: I am seeing a series of new addresses generated in the default “” account, apparently related to the 4 txns produced by sending to MTVE addresses.

Yes, they'll be created by they won't be used. Change will go to your main wallet address.

Could be related to: I have been importprivkey the grant address into the same wallet, generally before sending to it. Maybe it's better/necessary to use a separate non-mining/non-transaction wallet to receive grants?

Yes, it is probably this. Use a separate wallet for each address to keep it simple.

Also I've had a vote “disappear” (not show up on your lists) -- I'm now guessing this is because the sending address had a 0 apparent balance, per the above.
Probably.

Thanks for your great work on this interesting, innovative coin. If you are not already in touch, fyi the FRC Freicoin developers have also been working towards a distributed voting feature like this, and will surely be very interested in the developments and experimental results with MemoryCoin.

Thank you kindly. I had a brief exchange with one of the Freicoin guys. He said they hadn't been able to work out a way whereby coin owners wouldn't just vote to give themselves the coins. Well I hope I've found a way. We'll see.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
YukonCoinelius

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 09:33:38 PM

It's one particular address. But they should be the same thing.

Possible Bug?: I am seeing a series of new addresses generated in the default “” account, apparently related to the 4 txns produced by sending to MTVE addresses.
Yes, they'll be created by they won't be used. Change will go to your main wallet address.

Could be related to: I have been importprivkey the grant address into the same wallet, generally before sending to it. Maybe it's better/necessary to use a separate non-mining/non-transaction wallet to receive grants?
Yes, it is probably this. Use a separate wallet for each address to keep it simple.

What is the "main wallet address"? I'm not sure Bitcoin has such a concept, is it a MemoryCoin thing?

Right now, seems like every wallet step I'm doing is generating a new address.  Currently from the cmdline, getaddressesbyaccount ""  shows about 9 addresses in the default account (plus I have others in separate accounts made for the MVTE addresses.)   Is the bottom one of the 9 the main one?  But I saw 2 different ones from this list show up on your voting results tally with my voting balance/weight split between the different addresses.  How do I consolidate all the coins to one voting address?  In progress, I am trying: send them all to one address that had a vote registered - and will see what the next round shows.  If that doesn't work, what next?  Send all coins to the bottommost address?  Or I'm thinking: start a new wallet, send all the coins there, and leave the grant addresses in the current=old wallet, and then re-vote from the new wallet?

Is there an rpc call to show those vote summary lists, or a separate program?  Or you are piecing it together from debug.log info?
turtle83

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Supersonic

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2013, 10:17:12 PM

One advice for managing git: Use a single branch as your main branch (typically master). Then use other branches for experimental features or work in progress. Then once you would like the general public to use those features merge that branch to the master.

This way, for example you push the change to "fasterstarup" while work in progress, ask more savvy people to try it out on different platforms, once satisfied then merge to master. At this time the general population including fresh users get this. This also means people who cloned master in the past just need to do a pull rather than checkout an alternate branch .

Changing the main branch on github is a little disorienting.

jestronix

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 06, 2013, 11:29:46 PM

Nice punched 13 blocks last night, i did notice however it never really hits 100% cpu util, usually 70 or less, it hits all cores, but seems strange, any ideas around this, linux users seeing this ?
B.T.Coin

Activity: 332

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 12:03:10 AM

I'm mining on 2 machines now, but I see that sometimes 1 machine (not always the same) keeps hanging on a block while the the other machine moves on to the next block.
The machine hanging on the block keeps mining as if nothing is wrong. It has 8 connecions to the network so it should sync but doesn't for some reason.
As soon as I close the program and restart it, it immediately syncs to the current block.
Any idea what's wrong? I'm using the latest version with the fast start but now I think back, I think I have seen this behaviour in the previous Multi-Thread version as well.

A fine is a tax you pay for something you did wrong.
A tax is a fine you pay for something you did right.
Eli0t

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:25:24 AM

got a bug/problem in the latest client (thx for the fast startup fix!) mining with 3 of 4 cores on an i5 when i find a block i have to stop mining or the blockchain gets stuck.
confirmed it was stuck on an old block with another user

EDIT same problem as above

LTC:  LKpJf3uk7KsHU73kxq8iFJrP1AAKN7Yni7  DGC:  DKXGvEbj3Rwgrm2QQbRyNPDDZDYoq4Y44d  XPM:  AWV5AKfLFyoBaMjg9C77rGUBhuFxz5DGGL
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 03:56:38 AM

got a bug/problem in the latest client (thx for the fast startup fix!) mining with 3 of 4 cores on an i5 when i find a block i have to stop mining or the blockchain gets stuck.
confirmed it was stuck on an old block with another user

EDIT same problem as above

Thanks - looking into this.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
gica_contra

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:19:56 AM

startup works great, thanks! now can you change the bitcoin icon from the qt? it's confusing and an easy fix. NVM, hasn't had my coffe yet  Grin
FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:26:33 AM

What is the "main wallet address"? I'm not sure Bitcoin has such a concept, is it a MemoryCoin thing?

For the purporse of MC, it's the first address in the wallet - when you create a new wallet in the QT client, click the 'receive' button - it should display just one address - that's your address.

Or I'm thinking: start a new wallet, send all the coins there, and leave the grant addresses in the current=old wallet, and then re-vote from the new wallet?

Yes - this is a good approach to fixing any problems with your addresses, or votes.

Is there an rpc call to show those vote summary lists, or a separate program?  Or you are piecing it together from debug.log info?

Just what's in the debug.log - hoping to have that tidied up soon.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 04:27:51 AM

Nice punched 13 blocks last night, i did notice however it never really hits 100% cpu util, usually 70 or less, it hits all cores, but seems strange, any ideas around this, linux users seeing this ?

Could be you're hitting maximum memory bandwidth, and the cpu is idling waiting for bandwidth access.

stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:50:04 AM

after the last update, whenever I reopen the client an Error noting "Error loading data base, do you want to rebuild data base now?" pops up.
even though it has previously done the rebuild.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 05:54:37 AM

after the last update, whenever I reopen the client an Error noting "Error loading data base, do you want to rebuild data base now?" pops up.
even though it has previously done the rebuild.

Try clearing out your MemoryCoin folder (keep and backup your wallet.dat of course) and restarting.

jestronix

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:04:57 AM

Could be you're hitting maximum memory bandwidth, and the cpu is idling waiting for bandwidth access.

Shes a pretty beasty server, 24 core xeon, about 6 months old, then again being mem intensive, i can see why this might happen.
stas

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:07:08 AM

thank you. it helped

B.T.Coin

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 06:37:04 AM

One of my machines got stuck on a block again last night so I thought it might help to delete the blockchain and load it again.
Now when I reload the blockchain, the appication crashes at every grant-block (40, 60, 80, etc.) wit a Visual C++ error saying: the application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

EDIT: removing the -gen=1 from the start.bat file seems to prevent the crashing while loading the blockchain.
I'm running win7-X64 with 6GB of RAM, should this be enough or do I need more memory?

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 07:42:16 AM

Please add voting preferences for these two charities - send 20 or 30 satoshis to each.

EFF (I'll hold these in trust for EFF until such a time as it might be worthwhile for EFF to claim them)
MVTEoEoJ1vP6NHHcCTTBPy4bXfejbAqV5N

Amnesty International (I'll hold these in trust for AI until such a time as it might be worthwhile for AI to claim them)
MVTEoEorLyJKdtGFXfFTt3Joevk7PeRvzh

More details why here -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268774.msg2882363#msg2882363

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 11:23:03 AM

Here's the latest voting - Awarded in Block 740, based on state in Block 720

--Top 10 Balances--
Balance:MAgmUgXEizydwzk8stT7fKg6PBNxgdzr3m 624
Balance:MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN 731
Balance:MLdZXb6PTZ1Pz9iSsUF2UGtkTJ28Ek4GTS 823
Balance:MUXXjstFsQuFchUcBK4hCtQ79tfrkRDQGr 936
Balance:MCXkEvc9bgseKeg5yzuPWr1ZuzfhjZ937Z 959
Balance:MKywFdiEytSv3CRv4Ersc5RDkaBSfyq39h 983
Balance:MJnUqrGpXzvyb3xSZTfWbguZ32Jis4YVhy 1200
Balance:MBMtZbRwaVX8LgUgc25unK9pTMLfPff1Cm 1512
Balance:MVTEoEoww5Zz1SJ5DLcbdrxGwSY8VgFZDk 1560
Balance:MTukQztMUSXVrNhf9Wa2APd9tt5vKmCoeo 1919
---End Balances------
Total coin issued: 21096
Total of Voters' Balances: 7395
Percentage of total issued coin voting: 35
Droop Quota: 1232
-------------:
Award Round:0
-------------:
Elimination Round:0
Number of Remaining Candidates: 13
Top Preference Votes: MVTEoEoUtxKDFLVRJt8c79oqP5C2GB9oBP 1919
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEoBRxXXXcXkCVvewYeDJsPBJWMkqG 1
Candidate Elected: MVTEoEoUtxKDFLVRJt8c79oqP5C2GB9oBP
Surplus Transfer Value: 0.357661
-------------:
Award Round:1
-------------:
Number of Remaining Candidates: 12
Top Preference Votes: MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN 2278
Candidate Elected: MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN
Surplus Transfer Value: 0.458971
-------------:
Award Round:2
-------------:
Number of Remaining Candidates: 13
Top Preference Votes: MVTEoEoHX4XhRkJnkGVLKDYhHG4MbJDVCT 1338
Candidate Elected: MVTEoEoHX4XhRkJnkGVLKDYhHG4MbJDVCT
Surplus Transfer Value: 0.078811
-------------:
Award Round:3
-------------:
Top Preference Votes: MVTEoEo4uCqy6jzggH9gTXRPgkuoo6ZvTX 983
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEoBRxXXXcXkCVvewYeDJsPBJWMkqG
-------------:
Elimination Round:1
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEoLFbY3oEWzFhsnTZPHrbTUZMZRTx 1
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEoLFbY3oEWzFhsnTZPHrbTUZMZRTx
-------------:
Elimination Round:2
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEorXEH1afrsfQS3LTytM7WfzRdJAn 1
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEorXEH1afrsfQS3LTytM7WfzRdJAn
-------------:
Elimination Round:3
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTE6E3xHMjrkPTUU1EeTyDpy3zPt6Jq9w 1
Candidate Eliminated: MVTE6E3xHMjrkPTUU1EeTyDpy3zPt6Jq9w
-------------:
Elimination Round:4
Number of Remaining Candidates: 11
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTE1EoFdBv1tGN21fwf45ABYz3TZs8Jd4 22
Candidate Eliminated: MVTE1EoFdBv1tGN21fwf45ABYz3TZs8Jd4
-------------:
Elimination Round:5
Number of Remaining Candidates: 11
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEoXtJhGq1S3Mp2xFS5JHAqwWSAgWr 22
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEoXtJhGq1S3Mp2xFS5JHAqwWSAgWr
-------------:
Elimination Round:6
Number of Remaining Candidates: 10
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEoAXk65eopzJynvPh3z82sQ2my6Ko 139
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEoAXk65eopzJynvPh3z82sQ2my6Ko
-------------:
Elimination Round:7
Number of Remaining Candidates: 9
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEoX1qsfoBUMejjjBuzUfbSDaT3JK9 191
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEoX1qsfoBUMejjjBuzUfbSDaT3JK9
-------------:
Elimination Round:8
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTE6E2kh3whva19gFiY66zLnZniP6Kx6H 191
Candidate Eliminated: MVTE6E2kh3whva19gFiY66zLnZniP6Kx6H
-------------:
Elimination Round:9
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTE3E2B63YE3MUj59Ai2xmvDVqPhXEZ8g 191
Candidate Eliminated: MVTE3E2B63YE3MUj59Ai2xmvDVqPhXEZ8g
-------------:
Elimination Round:10
Number of Remaining Candidates: 8
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEo2Sq1UHbGM8CN6hUPFB1n4QqR8ZK 204
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEo2Sq1UHbGM8CN6hUPFB1n4QqR8ZK
-------------:
Elimination Round:11
Number of Remaining Candidates: 7
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEogmJxZ9k7iyxE7B85e8xgyJAh5RN 243
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEogmJxZ9k7iyxE7B85e8xgyJAh5RN
-------------:
Elimination Round:12
Number of Remaining Candidates: 6
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEoEjMz8RyF5cYo6SnYY6cGDtLnw5w 263
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEoEjMz8RyF5cYo6SnYY6cGDtLnw5w
-------------:
Elimination Round:13
Number of Remaining Candidates: 6
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEoFdHQEbGQxMYnEBaxV6shCQDxcdx 215
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEoFdHQEbGQxMYnEBaxV6shCQDxcdx
-------------:
Elimination Round:14
Number of Remaining Candidates: 5
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEoyZywJ7gvHmZKJWK9nY1UtzzH1Aa 286
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEoyZywJ7gvHmZKJWK9nY1UtzzH1Aa
-------------:
Elimination Round:15
Number of Remaining Candidates: 5
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEosATGKUKV9KCsK8NxGg9tkxumfeR 286
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEosATGKUKV9KCsK8NxGg9tkxumfeR
-------------:
Elimination Round:16
Number of Remaining Candidates: 4
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN 315
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN
-------------:
Elimination Round:17
Number of Remaining Candidates: 3
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEoHoCw1UFpcXTtQZ5inZLuJjuUVcP 469
Candidate Eliminated: MVTEoEoHoCw1UFpcXTtQZ5inZLuJjuUVcP
-------------:
Elimination Round:18
Number of Remaining Candidates: 2
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEo9AA4w2z77pr3SqqKkbFRs5kJFm6 479
Candidate Elected: MVTEoEo4uCqy6jzggH9gTXRPgkuoo6ZvTX
Surplus Transfer Value: 0.000000
-------------:
Award Round:4
-------------:
Number of Remaining Candidates: 1
Top Preference Votes: MVTEoEo9AA4w2z77pr3SqqKkbFRs5kJFm6 479
Bottom Preference Votes: MVTEoEo9AA4w2z77pr3SqqKkbFRs5kJFm6 479
Candidate Elected: MVTEoEo9AA4w2z77pr3SqqKkbFRs5kJFm6
Surplus Transfer Value: 0.000000
--------End Grant Voting--------
Add grant award MVTEoEoUtxKDFLVRJt8c79oqP5C2GB9oBP 24
Add grant award MVTEoEoXmYzFydRfg5uNJRewt9tZ329fAN 24
Add grant award MVTEoEoHX4XhRkJnkGVLKDYhHG4MbJDVCT 24
Add grant award MVTEoEo4uCqy6jzggH9gTXRPgkuoo6ZvTX 24
Add grant award MVTEoEo9AA4w2z77pr3SqqKkbFRs5kJFm6 24
Total Grant award amount:120

B.T.Coin

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:37:16 PM

I'm getting tired of restarting the miner on my machines all the time when it hangs on a block.
Anybody else seeing these problems as well? Is the dev working on a fix?
Sometimes just closing the miner doesn't help because a new instance can't start since the service is still running in the background and I have to kill that manually to start the miner again.

FreeTrade (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2013, 02:50:24 PM

Yes, working on a fix for this. Seems to be to with the multithreading. I'll let you know when I have more.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: