Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:54:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BTCP] BitcoinPrivate: A Truly Private Bitcoin [Equihash]  (Read 117238 times)
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 09:59:50 AM
Merited by eXpl0sive (1)

the new wallet is out.

https://twitter.com/bitcoinprivate/status/957440592728018946

We're pleased to release the Zlassic Electrum Wallet Beta to our community! Available to download here: github.com/BTCP-community… Stay tuned for one more update before our major announcement taking place tomorrow at our first ever Bitcoin Private conference (will be live-streamed).

But i can't really use it because it has the same name as the Electrum BTC wallet i use on OSX. They should rename their wallet to something like Electrum-ZCL.

Download-Link provided via twitter:
https://github.com/BTCP-community/electrum-zcl/releases/tag/Z!1.0.0

use at your own risk. i am just posting the link they shared.
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 01:07:09 PM

the new wallet is out.

We're pleased to release the Zlassic Electrum Wallet Beta to our community! Available to download here: github.com/BTCP-community… Stay tuned for one more update before our major announcement taking place tomorrow at our first ever Bitcoin Private conference (will be live-streamed).

But i can't really use it because it has the same name as the Electrum BTC wallet i use on OSX. They should rename their wallet to something like Electrum-ZCL.

Does that mean it is using the same "Appdata" folder as BTC Electrum? If that's the case, it's going to be problematic for a lot of people.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:21:20 PM

the new wallet is out.

Does that mean it is using the same "Appdata" folder as BTC Electrum? If that's the case, it's going to be problematic for a lot of people.

Electrum (btc) stores files in a folder in the user directory. /Users/XXXXXXXX/.electrum
I don't know where the Electrum-BTCPrivate will store the data.
And option would be to use Electrum-BTCPrivate with a different user.
hmsrccoindd

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:25:03 PM

I can not see anything unique.
eXpl0sive

waiting to explode

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:39:16 PM

the new wallet is out.

Electrum (btc) stores files in a folder in the user directory. /Users/XXXXXXXX/.electrum
I don't know where the Electrum-BTCPrivate will store the data.
And option would be to use Electrum-BTCPrivate with a different user.

Oh, I just noticed now that you're on OSX. I'm on Windows. Neverthless I will make sure to run it as a different user, just make sure it doesn't overwrite my BTC Electrum folder. Thanks for heads up!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
NoOneLt

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 03:57:30 PM

Any obsservations how fork when it happens will affect ZCL?
br2459

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:21:24 AM

Snapshot date just announced 2/28/18

BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:03:47 AM

Snapshot date just announced 2/28/18

Nice. I will get some zclassic for the fork. Thanks
BTCPrivate (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:21:42 AM

Attention Bitcoin Private community! The BTC+ZCL snapshot date for the long awaited Bitcoin Private Hardfork will occur on February 28th, 2018. We thank you for your continued support as we continue to make digital transactions much safer and 100% private.
Peke

Activity: 117
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:52:04 AM

Attention Bitcoin Private community! The BTC+ZCL snapshot date for the long awaited Bitcoin Private Hardfork will occur on February 28th, 2018. We thank you for your continued support as we continue to make digital transactions much safer and 100% private.
Is the max. coin supply still 21 million now when 1.2 million extra ZCL were added to circulating supply making BTC+ZCL current supply to ~20 million?
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 11:45:57 AM

So if the price of ZCL is at the moon right now, $150 cimparted to its price of a dollar not long ago, what's to say it won't crash back down after the fork and all that was invested into it for the fork is forfeited just to receive BTCP? That essentially means that unless BTCP ends up worth more than ZCL is now and up to the fork, a lot of money can be lost and wasted...

Considering Monero is just as good, if not better than BTCP will be, why would one take the risks? Do you really think it's a good investment for those of us that don't have money to throw around?
easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:02:18 PM

So if the price of ZCL is at the moon right now, $150 cimparted to its price of a dollar not long ago, what's to say it won't crash back down after the fork and all that was invested into it for the fork is forfeited just to receive BTCP? That essentially means that unless BTCP ends up worth more than ZCL is now and up to the fork, a lot of money can be lost and wasted...

Considering Monero is just as good, if not better than BTCP will be, why would one take the risks? Do you really think it's a good investment for those of us that don't have money to throw around?

Zcl will be basically worthless moneywise after the fork, nothing surer (is it even still going to exist after the fork?) people are only buying it to get the btcp coins it will be swapped for

I believe (and time will mabye prove me wrong) that buying zcl just now is like finding free money lying in the street, as once the fork happens I reckon the btcp coins will be at least $300, roughly double what it is just now and hopefully even higher upto $500 or $600

Of course all this will only apply if the team manage to fork succesfully and bitcoin hasn't fell through the floor by that point but I think its a chance worth taking personally

cheers
99th

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:18:23 PM

Zcl will be basically worthless moneywise after the fork, nothing surer (is it even still going to exist after the fork?) people are only buying it to get the btcp coins it will be swapped for

I believe (and time will mabye prove me wrong) that buying zcl just now is like finding free money lying in the street, as once the fork happens I reckon the btcp coins will be at least $300, roughly double what it is just now and hopefully even higher upto $500 or $600

Of course all this will only apply if the team manage to fork succesfully and bitcoin hasn't fell through the floor by that point but I think its a chance worth taking personally

cheers

Thanks for the reply. I understand where you are coming from, and it does make sense to me, however there are a lot of unknowns still and the risk for someone like myself may be too high to take. I see that ZCL is spiking and it would have been great to get some below $5 like it was very recently, but over $150 a pop is too rich for my blood when an ICO can generate more I believe. I'm still learning everything and a lot I'm learning the hard way which is good bc I'm actually learning by doing. Anyways, thanks again.
easypeasy

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:08:29 PM

cheers

Thanks for the reply. I understand where you are coming from, and it does make sense to me, however there are a lot of unknowns still and the risk for someone like myself may be too high to take. I see that ZCL is spiking and it would have been great to get some below $5 like it was very recently, but over $150 a pop is too rich for my blood when an ICO can generate more I believe. I'm still learning everything and a lot I'm learning the hard way which is good bc I'm actually learning by doing. Anyways, thanks again.

Best of luck to you on your crypto journey bud, every days a learning day with crypto, when you expect it to do 1 thing it goes and does the opposite!!

when it all comes off as planned its great but also the reverse side of that is it can be devastating at times lol
winmon

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:17:55 PM

Just remember the most important thing when "investing":  Only "invest" as much as you can afford to lose.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
n1que

Activity: 197
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:44:05 PM

i have some btc's in my wallet, but i cant wait until fork date.

instead of waiting and claim later for free BTCP (by holding btc or buy some zcl),
i decided to buy BitCore (BTX) which is cheaper and have an awesome airdrop every monday.

so much possibilities in this crypto land
distract

Activity: 95

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 10:51:35 PM

i hope it will trade in Bittrex. One more fork, why not?
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 07:45:53 AM

It is very hard to wait for the fork date to be announced ... I am so impatient ... lol Grin
eXpl0sive

waiting to explode

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:37:36 PM

It is very hard to wait for the fork date to be announced ... I am so impatient ... lol Grin

LOL, you seriously don't know the date has been announced?   Roll Eyes  Cheesy

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:44:28 PM

This fork seems little more interesting after BTG which was last that got little bit attention. It is matter of four weeks now for this fork and all this middle phase till fork happens will play key role to define everything and answer the question so need to wait patiently for more to be publicly available.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: