Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:42:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you actually understand Ethereum?  (Read 2511 times)
yomarve

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

https://cryptotvplus.com

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 10:30:46 PM

From my side and folks I have seen... Many don't even know what is cryptocurrencies... Or the Blockchain technology.  They only know there is something called bitcoin and etherium but the knowledge of the technology behind them is  lacking in many people.

Getting into crypto.. I had to study to know lots of things. 

It my surprise you that many people haven't even read the original bitcoin whitepaper. That just goes how much people know about these things..

Once folks get into crypto because of the hype... They start asking questions like When Moon? When Lambo and other similar disturbing questions.. And If they don't see significant growth soon.... Scam is the next word....  Truly as someone said.. The latest people onboard the crypto community..some are toxic.. 

In summary... Folk need to learn how to be better in crypto.
Peace!!!

https://cryptotvplus.com
12retepnat34

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:38:02 PM

For me I truly not totally understand ethereum network or the other crypto currencies because it is too complicated to my understanding, I'll just do is to follow what other people do, to invest and hold some cryptos and earn.
thecryptillian

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2018, 11:19:49 PM

From my side and folks I have seen... Many don't even know what is cryptocurrencies... Or the Blockchain technology.  They only know there is something called bitcoin and etherium but the knowledge of the technology behind them is  lacking in many people.

Getting into crypto.. I had to study to know lots of things. 

It my surprise you that many people haven't even read the original bitcoin whitepaper. That just goes how much people know about these things..

Once folks get into crypto because of the hype... They start asking questions like When Moon? When Lambo and other similar disturbing questions.. And If they don't see significant growth soon.... Scam is the next word....  Truly as someone said.. The latest people onboard the crypto community..some are toxic.. 

In summary... Folk need to learn how to be better in crypto.
Peace!!!

I fully agree.
TheAlchemist

Activity: 265

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:51:28 AM

I'm not too strong in any technical stuff. And for a very long time I understood what the platform means, which means Ethereum. And what is its difference from bitcoin and other platforms. Your text is very light. It is understandable and simple. Thank you indeed for the work you have done.
otundebis

Activity: 630

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 05:47:51 AM

Ethereum require some certain knowledge of coding! Ethereum also has it's language that you may have to understand from ground up. I do not think it should be difficult to read for those that have knowledge in software development!

thecryptillian

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 07:01:23 AM

I'm not too strong in any technical stuff. And for a very long time I understood what the platform means, which means Ethereum. And what is its difference from bitcoin and other platforms. Your text is very light. It is understandable and simple. Thank you indeed for the work you have done.

Good review. I will have to take a read myself.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 125

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 07:28:59 PM

I understand some basics about it. But I definitely don't know enough. Thanks for courses, I will check them out!

Thanks let me know if you need additional help Smiley

thank you for including a little knowledge about Ethereum, I was lazy to find out in detail what is Ethereum and the explanation in detail,
this is very helpful...

Thanks Smiley

Positivebetting
cryptomema

Activity: 224
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 07:33:10 PM

Check out my free Ethereum 101 course

Most people really dont understand Ethereum, which is going to be damaging to the market. I have heard friends and have seen posts even on here with people who are investing that dont even understand smart contracts, proof of stake etc

Did you know their are 2 Casper's?

When you invest in a coin, how much time do you spend researching it? I normally spend at least 3 hours learning everything I can from it before I attempt to make an investment of even $1. It is important to understand the coin from a general level, and if you can understand it from a technical level that is even better.
99% of the people in the market is just joining the hypes,coins in the pump but they dont even recognize if its worthy and safe to trade with,lots of them will get rekt if they didnt do any research before they invest.

tarlok01

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 12:18:24 AM

It is not a easy task to understand Ethereum, It will take few years to understand it because it has a deep concept which is only gained after experience.It is a decentralized platform to run smart contracts. Ethereum is an open-source, public, blockchain-based distributed computing platform featuring smart contract functionality.
alieknov

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:27:28 AM

I have little understanding about ethereum especially when i just heard it from a friend of mine.  It is very complicated to understand when you have no experience of handling ethereum.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2018, 05:36:32 PM

I have little understanding about ethereum especially when i just heard it from a friend of mine.  It is very complicated to understand when you have no experience of handling ethereum.

I think the biggest problem for a new comer, is the feeling of being overwhelmed. If you already understand bitcoin, it can be an easier transition but still can be hard. Lots of new terms and technologies with Ethereum. Which is why I created the course in the OP, to put everything together in one area with lectures that you dont have to take all at once. Plus the quiz helps you comprehend what you learned.

Positivebetting
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 03:05:51 PM

This is a big deal in cryptocurrency, whether you like Ethereum or not you should have some basic knowledge of it.

Positivebetting
kambaralikhan

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAPPS

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:22:49 PM

I'm also in the learning phase and understanding Ethereum and Bitcoin. I have learned smart contracts to some extent which is the specialty of Ethereum. In learning phase I found that Ethereum is the most sophisticated Altcoin.

flatnose101

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:26:22 PM

I'm also in the learning phase and understanding Ethereum and Bitcoin. I have learned smart contracts to some extent which is the specialty of Ethereum. In learning phase I found that Ethereum is the most sophisticated Altcoin.
for there is a lot to learn for in ethereum and this is what makes challenge me most for on how i am able to make a lot of things and also on how i am able to hold and take the opportunity of having this currency for.
Lonsdayl

Activity: 364
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:35:35 PM

You are totally right. Before investing you should explore all info about coin or project. I have one friend, who believes in BTC and ETH, but doesn't understand how it works. He invested some thousands when the price was $ 3 k/BTC and earned a lot, but still don't know how exactly it works.
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 07:00:24 PM

You are totally right. Before investing you should explore all info about coin or project. I have one friend, who believes in BTC and ETH, but doesn't understand how it works. He invested some thousands when the price was $ 3 k/BTC and earned a lot, but still don't know how exactly it works.

It will certainly help you in the long run, because if you understand it you can make an evaluation of the coin. Only after you understand the coin and evaluate it yourself should you look at some of the popular people in the industry and hear what they have to say. Then you can compare and will do much better.

Positivebetting
KwizatzHaderach

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 08:06:49 PM

Have read some blogs and Youtube videos pertaining to the upcoming upgrade from POW to POW/POS and implementation of anonymity protocols.
Some articles also around sharding and zk-snarks to further improve the scalability of the network.

Ethereum seems a solid project for me with lots of developers working to make it work better.

TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 05:16:53 PM

Have read some blogs and Youtube videos pertaining to the upcoming upgrade from POW to POW/POS and implementation of anonymity protocols.
Some articles also around sharding and zk-snarks to further improve the scalability of the network.

Ethereum seems a solid project for me with lots of developers working to make it work better.

That is very good Smiley If you ever want to take a quiz with a quiz to test your knowledge there is a free course via the OP.

Positivebetting
luckylauncher

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:21:26 PM

This is kinda good knowledge and information about Ethereum. I am just have knowledge based oin Internet, but i think this project help me to know deeper about Ethereum
TimtheYoutuber (OP)

www.positivebetting.com

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 09:09:22 PM

This is kinda good knowledge and information about Ethereum. I am just have knowledge based oin Internet, but i think this project help me to know deeper about Ethereum

Thanks I appreciate the comment Smiley I am always looking to make it better.

Positivebetting
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: