Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:27:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Mining ASIC coming soon  (Read 35529 times)
cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 07:37:58 PM

Cointerra, a well-funded startup of highly experienced ASIC designers, is pleased to announce that we are developing a high performance, low power and low cost 28nm ASIC which is expected to arrive in Q4 2013.

To learn more about Cointerra and to sign up for regular updates please visit our website: www.cointerra.com and follow us on Twitter @cointerra.

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
-Redacted-

Activity: 574
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:23:19 PM

Great!   As soon as you have some of them stuck to something that is hashing, put some pictures up and a price list, and you might get some interest.
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 08:33:23 PM

Your website is great.
Missing phone/address is not a good sign though.

I hope you will succed, USA based customers would be very happy if you do most effective asics chips and lead the race.
ecliptic

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:36:48 PM

That team, wow.

The technical prowess of these ASIC designers is going up faster than the hash rate.
BBQKorv

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 08:57:06 PM

Cointerra, a well-funded startup of highly experienced ASIC designers, is pleased to announce that we are developing a high performance, low power and low cost 28nm ASIC which is expected to arrive in Q4 2013.

To learn more about Cointerra and to sign up for regular updates please visit our website: www.cointerra.com and follow us on Twitter @cointerra.

Wow. Lets hope for the best.
cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 08:59:31 PM

Your website is great.

Send an email to info@cointerra.com. We will provide you the contact details.

If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:05:36 PM

wow another ASIC. that too 28nm. What's the NRE for 28nm? I think it must be upwards of USD 10M, though I may be wrong.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:13:22 PM

@cointerra Are there any local jobs or near-site jobs available? I am approximately 1.5 hours from your location. I may also be able to do an on site interview of cointerra for the forums, once cointerra has a facility in Austin available for tour(if they plan on having this option.)
cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2013, 09:49:02 PM

@cointerra Are there any local jobs or near-site jobs available? I am approximately 1.5 hours from your location. I may also be able to do an on site interview of cointerra for the forums, once cointerra has a facility in Austin available for tour(if they plan on having this option.)

What are your skills? Send an email to info@cointerra.com.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 09:52:01 PM

I know they are looking for part time graphics as they crowdsourced their logo using 99designs.co.uk a couple of months back.

Impressive team btw. Looks good so far, was looking at your site yesterday...Wink

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
superduh

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 10:38:23 PM

logo is soso- but, noone should care about it

ok
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
August 03, 2013, 11:11:15 PM

Nice scam.  Cheesy
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 12:42:33 AM

Nice scam.  Cheesy

Very much an Indian Project??
nightengale

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 01:21:47 AM

Looking forward to technical details and pricing. Might even be worth the drive if Cointerra is planning to host some sort of open-day or is willing to entertain visitors...?
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 02:55:04 AM

Ok, so by 'well funded' they mean a $1.2m 'Angel investment' which for all intensive purposes will be spanked on the journey to tape-out. Also I doubt their own wages come cheap. So they are almost certainly a few mil shy of 28nm fab, therefore we can almost certainly assume another pre-order which will undoubtedly elicit a familiar response, but again is par for the course as they have no significant funding to manufacture otherwise.

Timewise it appears to be they will be head to head with Hashfast. Seed funding wise both Hashfast and Cointerra have tape out covered. Hashfast have 'partnered' with Uniquify that almost certainly means they have given away equity for use of time, staff and deskspace and split costs associated with tape out...

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Loredo

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:16:26 AM

Your website is great.

I hope you will succed, USA based customers would be very happy if you do most effective asics chips and lead the race.
What the hell are you talking about?  Is this some kind of nationalistic bullshit?  This ain't the Olympics; customers worldwide would be very happy with an effective hash solution that didn't entail pre-order nonsense and was sold at a reasonable price. 

logo is soso- but, noone should care about it
No, but I for one find it not only impressive, but somehow comforting, that within two hours of initially announcing their firm here, somebody has identified the origin and development strategy for the logo.  Since BFL (and Avalon) potential vendors are not given very much slack around here.
cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 03:48:02 AM

Looking forward to technical details and pricing. Might even be worth the drive if Cointerra is planning to host some sort of open-day or is willing to entertain visitors...?

Where are you based? We are in Austin. Shoot an email to info@cointerra.com. We can schedule a meeting.

Loredo

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 03:49:56 AM

we can almost certainly assume another pre-order which will undoubtedly elicit a familiar response, but again is par for the course as they have no significant funding to manufacture otherwise.
Maybe, and i hope you're wrong on that.  Here's the risk in pre-orders at this point, and why I'm more puzzled with each new one.  

Nobody is going to buy into a pre-order scheme without some way (escrow, PayPal, credit card) to refund the order any more. And all it's going to take is one announcement by someone who has the chip on the board and the board in the box with the mailing label stuck on the day the credit card authorizes.  Every one of the pre-orders would be a ghost town at that point.

You can say "yeah, but nobody has that kind of money."  Would you be willing to bet a couple million dollars on that?  Because that's what these pre-orders are doing.
Loredo

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 04:02:38 AM

We are in Austin.
Even though I'm not there all the time (like when the heat index is 100+), I have a farm in Caldwell County. 

That makes you my home team.  Go, cointerra!
cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 04:19:11 AM

We are in Austin.
Even though I'm not there all the time (like when the heat index is 100+), I have a farm in Caldwell County. 
That makes you my home team.  Go, cointerra!

Thanks for rooting for Cointerra! We will make all Texans proud Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: