Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:07:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cointerra Mining ASIC coming soon  (Read 35529 times)
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:45:24 PM

If you sign up to their email list, the reply-to email is joeri.cornelissens@gmail.com googling that looks like someone in Belgium... what's all that about?

Interesting, same guy that registered http://www.asic-chips.com selling avalon chips

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cointerra (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 08:45:38 PM

If you sign up to their email list, the reply-to email is joeri.cornelissens@gmail.com googling that looks like someone in Belgium... what's all that about?

Joeri is an angel in our team, also managing the web development.

www.cointerra.com - Professional grade Bitcoin mining equipment.
If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 08:52:20 PM

Interesting, same guy that registered http://www.asic-chips.com selling avalon chips

Joeri is our web developer and angel. Cointerra has nothing to do with avalon chips.

If you have any questions for us, we're happy to help at info (at) cointerra (dot) com
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 08:55:43 PM

So, what's your company USP (Unique Selling Point) compared with others?!

Our USP is highest performance for lowest cost and lowest power; $/GH and GH/W.

Very good!

Now, since it looks like you choose the pre-order business model, you are asking everybody here to be an investor in your company: so please treat us exactly as you did with your "angel" to convince him to put millions in your project.
Go on with details now..

The details will be released soon to the public, in a few weeks. If you want details right away, please send an email to info@cointerra.com, and we can setup a call to reveal more under an NDA just like our angels did.

I'll send you an email tomorrow, in the meanwhile please send a PM with an NDA draft.
Since this could be interesting for many here you can maybe setup a single conference call with all people interested

Loredo

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:04:42 PM

Since this could be interesting for many here you can maybe setup a single conference call with all people interested
I think it goes without saying, but, with due respect to all, and without any accusations, that would leak like a sieve, NDA's or no NDA's.

IMO, barring a specific, vetted, defined opportunity, one either has to announce, or keep quiet.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:06:11 PM

Here we go again...
lol

ASIC startup's seem to be a crowded market. Hasn't really made any impact on supply though.

americandesi

Activity: 518

BTC < > INR & USD

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:08:22 PM

@cointerra when can we expect some details about the products? Atleast the technical details of the chips.?

Always buying and selling btc in bulk.!
Have I helped you out?  Send a donation! : 1ADesitf6McNmFw5wAN1y86bvyHLB5gR6P
My Reputation Thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=252042.0
ampu

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

CLEARSIGHT- THE #1 BLOCKCHAIN JOB PLATFORM

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:11:21 PM

I think it goes without saying, but, with due respect to all, and without any accusations, that would leak like a sieve, NDA's or no NDA's.

IMO, barring a specific, vetted, defined opportunity, one either has to announce, or keep quiet.

Sorry, I meant this: if, for example, you and me signed NDA then they could make a conference call with you and me all together

cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 09:14:16 PM

@cointerra when can we expect some details about the products? Atleast the technical details of the chips.?
The details of the products and technical specs will be announced this month.

erk

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:15:44 PM

That's a good question, why start a forum thread to discuss a product that has no public information other than it's an efficient, 28nm ASIC chip.  When you start a forum thread it usually means you have something to tell the public, otherwise why bother?
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:20:41 PM

That's a good question, why start a forum thread to discuss a product that has no public information other than it's an efficient, 28nm ASIC chip.  When you start a forum thread it usually means you have something to tell the public, otherwise why bother?

Seems like we have been seeing several empty 28nm projects get announced recently with:
1) No Hash/BTC metrics
2) No Hash/Watt metric
3) No availability (except very vague "end of the year" type stuff.

Maybe to keep up with the Jones'.  It must seem like the gen2 asic train is leaving the station and they want people to know that the have a car as well (if not yet on the tracks).
Loredo

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:21:27 PM

Sorry, I meant this: if, for example, you and me signed NDA then they could make a conference call with you and me all together
Yes, I understand.  My point, though, was this:  if you and I are simply potential customers, there is no reason to provide us with any information that could not be announced generally.  

On the other hand, if either you, or I, or both, expressed potential involvement in the business, then they, and we, would have no interest or advantage in a joint discussion.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:25:56 PM

They are looking to round up investors customers, get the PR train rolling ASAP!

And we will offer substantial discounts for pre orders

http://www.cointerra.com/faq/
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 09:58:42 PM

2112, how do you perceive Simon Barber and his technical crew?
You know, I tried to understand your question in the context of the currently publicly available information and came up the following answer.

It seems like you are looking for the advice about investing in the hands of the poker players who keep their cards very close to their vests. My engineering advice is a referral to a professional poker player. On this board that would be Brian Micon.

It may look like a blow-off, but it really isn't. I feel ethically obliged to urge people to learn how to distinguish between gambling and investing.

On this occasion I'd like to post a good advice that reeses had given about a year ago:
I'd recommend reading "The Big Con" for some of the history, and watching Confidence and The Sting as examples of the "classic" con games.
I read that book, and although it was written between the world wars, it is very pertaining to Bitcoin. Here's a short excerpt:

• Locating and investigating a well-to-do victim. (Putting the mark up.)
  • Gaining the victim’s confidence. (Playing the con for him.)
  • Steering him to meet the insideman. (Roping the mark.)
  • Permitting the insideman to show him how he can make a large amount of money dishonestly. (Telling him the tale.)
  • Allowing the victim to make a substantial profit. (Giving him the convincer.)
  • Determining exactly how much he will invest. (Giving him the breakdown.)
  • Sending him home for his amount of money. (Putting him on the send.)
  • Playing him against a big store and fleecing him. (Taking off the touch.)
  • Getting him out of the way as quietly as possible. (Blowing him off.)
  • Forestalling action by the law. (Putting in the fix.)

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 10:13:20 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2013, 10:27:38 PM by FCTaiChi

Maybe to keep up with the Jones'.  It must seem like the gen2 asic train is leaving the station and they want people to know that the have a car as well (if not yet on the tracks).

I think everyone doing 28nm and lower are in the design phase.  Though they have announced only recently, their webpage states that they are getting close to finishing the initial design.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:19:42 PM

BTC mining is a drag race, the one who has the most hashing power the earliest wins. I think there's no need for shiny hardware. Unless 28nm cointerra is 10x or more efficient than 55nm Bitfury this hardware is already late in the game. Good luck though, underdogs have certainly changed the rules of the game in the past Wink.

It will be WAY more than 10x efficient than Bitfury

Wow! WAY less than 0.08 W/GH/s. Can we hold you to that? If so you should be advertising it in the OP, as that's a pretty unique USP.

Perf/mm2 and Perf/W are two different metrics. When someone was asking about 10x more than bitfury, I am assuming they were referring to Perf/mm2. Regardless, we are better than BitFury in Perf/W and WAY better in Perf/mm2.

Ah, I thought it sounded a bit too good to be true. It would have been great to have a 1TH/s miner that used about the same amount of power as a lightbulb Grin. I don't want to put words in other people's mouths, but I suspect quite a few people here would read "efficiency" as power efficiency. Silicon efficiency is good too Wink.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
Loredo

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:25:52 PM

Maybe to keep up with the Jones'.  It must seem like the gen2 asic train is leaving the station and they want people to know that the have a car as well (if not yet on the tracks).
Yeah, except, as I said earlier:  all of the pre-orders stand the risk of being blown to dust by one real provider, and the probability of one appearing is increasing by the day.  So time is of the essence from that standpoint.  But at an increasing rate, fewer and fewer care how many cars are hitched up to the Twenty-Unicorn driven wagon train. 

The half-life of the honeymoon following the announcement of Manna Mañana is dropping faster than the network hash rate is rising.  Actually, that half-life may be inversely correlated with the latter.

I have to go to dinner. 
erk

View Profile
August 04, 2013, 10:46:29 PM

BTC mining is a drag race, the one who has the most hashing power the earliest wins. I think there's no need for shiny hardware. Unless 28nm cointerra is 10x or more efficient than 55nm Bitfury this hardware is already late in the game. Good luck though, underdogs have certainly changed the rules of the game in the past Wink.

It will be WAY more than 10x efficient than Bitfury

Wow! WAY less than 0.08 W/GH/s. Can we hold you to that? If so you should be advertising it in the OP, as that's a pretty unique USP.

Perf/mm2 and Perf/W are two different metrics. When someone was asking about 10x more than bitfury, I am assuming they were referring to Perf/mm2. Regardless, we are better than BitFury in Perf/W and WAY better in Perf/mm2.

Ah, I thought it sounded a bit too good to be true. It would have been great to have a 1TH/s miner that used about the same amount of power as a lightbulb Grin. I don't want to put words in other people's mouths, but I suspect quite a few people here would read "efficiency" as power efficiency. Silicon efficiency is good too Wink.
Silicon efficiency effects price, ultimately your ROI, it's probably more important than power efficiency as most ASiCs are not close to worrying about that yet.
Ytterbium

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 10:51:30 PM

Silicon efficiency effects price, ultimately your ROI, it's probably more important than power efficiency as most ASiCs are not close to worrying about that yet.

Yup, smaller die = more dies per wafer = lower cost per chip.

cointerra (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2013, 11:27:08 PM

Seems like we have been seeing several empty 28nm projects get announced recently with:
1) No Hash/BTC metrics
2) No Hash/Watt metric
3) No availability (except very vague "end of the year" type stuff.

We have all the information you are looking for. However, as you know there are other 28nm ASICs in the design phase, and we don't want to reveal too much of our deck before their specs are locked down.

We made a public posting so people know about us and can contact us and we can provide a lot more information under an NDA.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: