Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:38:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Best CPU Mineable Coins in 2019 and CPU Mining Guides [UPDATED!]  (Read 63288 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
whotheff

Activity: 762
Merit: 35

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2019, 09:42:41 AM

You can use your GPU rig's CPU to mine MHC coins.
It requires just a little % of your CPU

this coin is not MINEABLE in true meaning - just staking, not hashing
only 1000 lending is goody for this coin, as for me

I agree, however I added it so even people with very slow CPUs, which usually
stay idle all the time in some GPU rig which stays online 24/7 anyway, can also be used for something profitable.
Even better, it barely uses any CPU resources, so no increase in power draw from forging MHC coins.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Iamtutut

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131

View Profile
September 04, 2019, 12:38:13 PM

I'm just about to renew my desktop computer. I won't use it primarily for mining but it doesn't hurt to think about making that machine somewhat profitable.

What would be your CPU choice in the mid-range?
($150-200)

Ryzen 2XXX or 3XXX according to what you can find in your Country.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 10:14:04 PM

"BiblePay Evolution Anti-BotNet Features, 51% attack prevention with ChainLocks

In BiblePay Evolution, we have built in a brand new feature called ABN (anti-botnet). The original use-case for ABN stems from our mission to prevent ASIC/GPU ports, run BiblePay on commodity PCs, and create a fair mining environment without groups of monopolies forming (IE Asic monopolies) who take a large percentage of mining rewards. Even with CPU mining, we have seen some rich actors, who own 300 servers, point all the hash power at BiblePay and take an unduly large percentage of daily rewards.

On one hand, we agree, they have every right to. But on the other hand, we really would like to appeal to distinct head count so as to expose more people to the Gospel. In light of this we have released ABN, which requires a certain amount of coin*age to be present in each mined block in order to mine BiblePay. What this does is quickly uses up coin*age when an attack occurs (to give an example, if you are BotNet with 50 PCs, and your wallet balance is 50,000, after solving a few blocks with high hash power your wallet will run out of coin*age and you will not be able to mine more BiblePay until coin*age increases).

The feature works like this. Our network requires an average calculated and pre-assessed static amount (posted in getmininginfo) of required coin*age and stores this in the chain. Each miner checks this number, and will search the wallet (this is all automatic) for coins totaling the requirement and place these coins in an ABN Stake transaction - and then begin mining. We do allow mining for All participants if a block is over 60 minutes old (this is so that our chain never stops if every single participant runs out of coin age).

In this way, every block mined in Evolution is sure to be solved by a normal participant and not a bot-net over time.
In addition to all of this, we have inherited Dash's 51% attack prevention system (ChainLocks). We have this feature fully merged in and ready to be released. This is an amazing addition to BiblePay, as it removes 51% attack risk by almost 100%. This is accomplished by asking our Sanctuaries to keep track of each solved block and not allow deep reorganizations once ChainLocks are live."

Reference:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Generic_Smart_Contracts

Andreas M. Antonopoulos talks about Dash LLMQ ChainLocks:
https://twitter.com/StayDashy/status/1164577548543700994

SVK Noko

Activity: 267
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 04:44:17 AM

BitcoinLE (ble) this is a new kind of mining with a metronome beat witch is very energy efficent.

You can find any info on Bitcoinle.org
togoshigekata

View Profile
October 15, 2019, 09:20:56 PM

BiblePay has released an external miner
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.msg52730089#msg52730089

We look forward to anyone who has GPU capabilities to try to port us to GPU (or ASIC).  I want to see transparency here in our project - I want a good honest white hat hacker to give it a shot.  There are interesting dynamics here - due to the low Proof of BibleHash (POBH) reward, but nevertheless we need to know if anyone can do it for the sake of the whole community.

On a side note:  in this phase the external miner will *only solo mine* you cannot pool mine with it.  The goal is to benchmark it, and if its faster than the core client, I will move on to making a stratum pool.  I still want the stratum pool to handle future scalability and maintenance in BBP, to replace the C# server side pool code.  We will just keep the orphan letter writing in the pool, and then move that to DSQL when we have time - then we can take down pool.biblepay.org, and just have p2pool and DSQL running.  Then volunteers can make Nomp or whatever pool they want later off of p2pool as a template (or simply run more p2pools) etc.

PainKiller1986

Activity: 202
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 03:34:56 AM

guys, what sites are you using for check the best profit?

I used profitbot pro, but the owner close website, now i'm check the cryptunit but i need more coins to compare.

whotheff

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2019, 08:26:55 AM

I used profitbot pro, but the owner close website, now i'm check the cryptunit but i need more coins to compare.

1. With current situation in crypto, it's more important to be able to sell what you mined.
2. The other option is to just mine and wait for bump.
3. Having real-time info on profitability can be quite inaccurate, because if 1.

MATHReX

Activity: 861
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 10:58:16 AM

You can check https://www.whattomine.com/calculators and find out the coins which are CPU mineable and see which will provide the best profitability.
Anyway, wait a month as everyone is going to jump the wagon with RandomX and XMR mining using CPUs.
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 11:24:03 AM

You can check https://www.whattomine.com/calculators and find out the coins which are CPU mineable and see which will provide the best profitability.
Anyway, wait a month as everyone is going to jump the wagon with RandomX and XMR mining using CPUs.

it has long been obvious that the really most profitable coins (both CPU and GPU) are not present on "whattomine" sites
need to search by yourself
but as a cpu-mining lover i'm waiting RandomX on XMR
by the way there are already some RandomX coins
PainKiller1986

Activity: 202
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 16, 2019, 06:13:11 PM

it has long been obvious that the really most profitable coins (both CPU and GPU) are not present on "whattomine" sites

Thanks for the answers, yeah whattomine isn't good for cpu miners.

Some RandomX coins, could you show me ? i know just loki and ... maybe Scala
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 17, 2019, 04:55:27 AM

Thanks for the answers, yeah whattomine isn't good for cpu miners.

Some RandomX coins, could you show me ? i know just loki and ... maybe Scala

the closer date of switching algo for Moner to randomx, the more and more other coins also swithcing to this algo
the one you've mntioned already - loki, another one Wownero and you may check EPIC coin as well
phungkhanh90

Activity: 26

View Profile
October 21, 2019, 04:51:12 PM

Hello. recently I have mining cryptocurrencies with cpu. I have tried xmr but the profit is very low. Please give me a coin that you find good, thank you
togoshigekata

View Profile
October 22, 2019, 09:01:47 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2020, 10:35:43 PM by togoshigekata

Mining Guides:

Proof of Distributed Computing
wiki.biblepay.org/PODC_Setup

Proof of BibleHash
wiki.biblepay.org/POBH_Setup

Mining Pools:

MiningPoolStats
https://miningpoolstats.stream/biblepay

casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 23, 2019, 01:27:08 AM

Hello. recently I have mining cryptocurrencies with cpu. I have tried xmr but the profit is very low. Please give me a coin that you find good, thank you

i will not prompt the name of the coin
i’ll just say that i don’t like pool-mining coins due to botnets, i like solo-only coins
such coins are not very many
whotheff

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2019, 08:15:35 AM

i will not prompt the name of the coin
i’ll just say that i don’t like pool-mining coins due to botnets, i like solo-only coins
such coins are not very many

Have you then tried Solo Coin, Nerva, ETC?

CryptoSyphon

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 11:45:10 AM

Hello everyone!

Right now I am mining Oscillate (OSL).
There is a great community, and I can even mine it with an older computer.
I think it worth a try.
YuSoDum

Activity: 164
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 27, 2019, 04:02:52 PM

gapcoin  Smiley
pierrewoodman666

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 01, 2019, 03:16:10 PM

ANALCOIN
VoskCoin (OP)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2019, 11:06:44 PM

created an updated monero CPU mining guide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkxA5yfsqsE

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
togoshigekata

View Profile
December 27, 2019, 04:28:30 AM

BiblePay (BBP) has added back in rewards for contributing CPU time to real science research! About 23% of block rewards now go towards this

PODC (Proof of Distributed Computing) allows blockchain energy to be used productively, to help cure cancer and fight AIDS and Malaria!

BOINC is the program that donates your idle computer time to science projects

World Community Grid (WCG) is the CPU only project through BOINC that BiblePay supports giving coin rewards for

Step by Step Guide for PODC:

https://wiki.biblepay.org/PODC_Setup

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: