Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:07:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use btcrobot.com?  (Read 56109 times)
eurobitcoin

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 05:58:52 PM

why pay to use your robot when buy and hold is just as profitable?

I am not forcing anyone to buy or trade bitcoins. Like I said, the Price may grow or may not, the robot is profitable no matter if the price is rising or going down.

From July 1 the price on Mtgox went from 100 usd to 130 now so theoretically you would be in 30% profit with drawdown as huge as 30 % (on july 6 Price went to 70 usd only). At the same time the robot made around 60% profit with Drawdown just 10%.

Moreover nobody can guarantee that bitcoin price will grow forever, while the robot trades effectively on both up and down moves.
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 06:24:36 PM

I am not forcing anyone to buy or trade bitcoins. Like I said, the Price may grow or may not, the robot is profitable no matter if the price is rising or going down.

From July 1 the price on Mtgox went from 100 usd to 130 now so theoretically you would be in 30% profit with drawdown as huge as 30 % (on july 6 Price went to 70 usd only). At the same time the robot made around 60% profit with Drawdown just 10%.

Moreover nobody can guarantee that bitcoin price will grow forever, while the robot trades effectively on both up and down moves.

I don't trust the robot at all and still believe there is some scam involved, making you rich in some isolated event. My guess is "bad trading" cause "somebody" found out how to play the robot.

Still, in a market that has only up movement with no down swing exceeding the trading fee there is no way to outperform the strategy of just holding. In fact the sum of these down swings is the absolute maximum bots can profit on unless they use nastier strategies like inducing panic by doing stupid stuff which is usually stupid.

In fact the efficiency of bots should be measurable by looking at volatility. Did volatility go down recently? Bots should be to blame.

If you consider buying the robot, please do the math: How much down movement is there on the exchange being traded? How much money did you pay for the license? How much money did others pay for licenses all together? If your conclusion that the robot can actually perfectly guess the down movements together with the competition by others using the same bot (twice the licenses should half the gains of each) and make you some profit without acting stupid at some point, go for it.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 07:20:11 PM

Effective or not, it just seems like the reported profits are inaccurate.  I would just like to see some accurately reported profits before making any kind of judgement.  It seems to me like so far BTC Fan has made no profit, which is fine but don't tell us it's making some epic profit when it's counting the increase in value by holding.

eurobitcoin

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:02:07 PM

We understand that we can't please everyone and probably it's not for you then. I will stick with our clients who are happy with it. I am glad we have extremely low refund rate so far, after a week only 4% people are unhappy and the only reason is that they don't want to bother with depositing options to btc-e.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 08:42:43 PM

Ya that's my point to. I bought the robot and it made a few trades...but I'm thinking I made at most a few bucks with the trades yet the robot is saying I'm $600 in profit. If it makes a few bucks I am fine with that but I don't like the fake claims. Lets say bitcoin price starts dropping..What is the robot gonna do then? Report negative profits? I want to know what I'm actually making...The number being thrown out are large percentage but I don't think its anywhere near that. I'm not saying I'm not pleased but I want accurate information on what I am making with the robot if anything. I'm going to have to do some number crunching myself to see what is really going on.

Jim,

Your manual trades or extra deposits can really confuse the robot. The API does not allow us to see if extra money came by robot or by other moves.

Our advice is to open a separate BTC-e acc (they allow) and let the robot control it 100% without any manual interference or extra deposits, manual trades or money moves. Then it will be all right. 99% of clients are starting fresh account and don't have any issue with it.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
August 27, 2013, 09:52:29 PM

In silver version all the trading goes from your own PC, so there is no way for us to login or reset your robot. If you are on a Gold plan, we can re-create the robot and such re-install will refresh the profit. You may try on Silver as well.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 07:57:34 PM

Additionally if you are on silver robot and want to fully reset the settings/profit

go to the following folder and clean it out

then reinstall the bot
jimmut

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 08:58:25 PM

Additionally if you are on silver robot and want to fully reset the settings/profit

go to the following folder and clean it out

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/9827/d0gl.png

then reinstall the bot

Excellent...Thats what I ended up finding myself and that worked. My robot seems to be reporting accurately now. Thanks for the great service
jimmut

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:38:57 AM

As for the settings in the Robot what would you suggest? I know we have a choice of Conservative, Medium, Aggressive, and Custom. Could you explain a little more about those different settings and if we go in the custom setting what would adjusting each one do exactly. Would you recommend different settings depending on what Bitcoins are doing? I currently have mine set to Aggressive but I'm not sure if that's the best setting.
btcfaucet

Activity: 166

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 02:25:01 AM

Hi lads, here's my $0.02 on BTC Robot.

Someone joined our chatroom on IRC, posting a referral link to btcrobot.com.

21:53 < randnick> Is this a place one can tell people about stuff related to bitcoin...post links?
21:54 < randnick> links to offers related to the bitcoin world
21:58 < randnick> http://randnick.btcbot.a.clickbetter.com/
22:01 < randnick> well, btcfaucet, this is something really good for ANYONE doing stuff with bitcoin.
22:02 < randnick> I am not interested in trying to spam, NO.. I did ask, didn't I? Don't knock it when you don't know it. Its trading 24/7 bitcoin...and IT WORKS
22:02 < randnick> It is NOT a scam
22:03 < randnick> I bought a licence, am using it....and am not like you guys...am total newbie to BTC....making money with it already
22:04 < randnick> I didn't say it was risk free, did I?
22:05 < randnick> Is trading ever risk free...?
22:06 < randnick> WOW....lot of sceptical people here....never mind. I could SHOW results...but am NOT here to try convince anybody. Just wanted to share it
22:10 < randnick> Thanks for your time and help...I'm out for now. I do not tolerate negativity...and there seems to be a lot . Oh, faucet, you know of millions of trading robots, do you. I DON'T BELIEVE IT
22:10 < randnick> Goodnight, all....

It's great that such a new product (2 weeks old) has hardcore fans like this already. Obviously a job well done.

Anyway, the guy shared his opinion, now let me share my thoughts.

=== FIRST LOOK AT THE WEBSITE ===

1) Multi-Level-Marketing style template: check
2) Flashy designs and elements: check
3) Huge fonts, one sentence takes up half a page: check
4) The phrases "autopilot", "undeniable proof", "bulletproof profit": check
5) Embed of actual report on TV about Bitcoin: check
6) Crazy profits earned by users with no work: check
7) Bar chart with arrow pointing upwards: check
8) Created by Russians, "verified" with a Chinese address: check
9) Affiliate advertising / referrals: check
10) Exit splash page giving me offers when I try to close the site: check

=== QUOTES FROM THE WEBSITE ===

"It removes the risk of trading"

"Watch Undeniable proof of the Bitcoin Robot trading Live and making $386.18 profit completely on autopilot!"

"The amount of traders using the robot does not affect its effectiveness, so we thought, why not release it to a limited amount of pioneers who, like us, can take advantage of this new growing opportunity."

=== THE VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKqnaFncFns ===

"I'm going to show you undeniable proof of the Bitcoin Robot trading live and making profits in front of your eyes"

"I decided to record using my handheld camera instead of screen recording - so you can be sure everything is live, and not some kind of photoshop"

"That's right, guys! $386.18 completely on auto-pilot (in 5 days). Not bad, huh? How much will YOU make?"

Personally I lost it when he started talking about undeniable proof based on him using a camcorder instead of screen capture. :)

=== WHAT GOOGLE SAYS ===

Google comes up with the following for BTC robot:

- btcrobot.com (registered 2013 aug 15)
- bitcoin-robot.com (registered 2013 jul 16)
- btcrobotreviews.com (registered 2013 jul 19)
- bitcointradingrobot.net (registered 2013 jul 19)
- btcrobot.co (registered 2013 jul 21)
- btcbitcoinrobot.com (registered 2013 jul 22)
- btcrobot-review.com (registered 2013 jul 24)
- botbitcoin.com (registered 2013 jul 27)
- botbtc.com (registered 2013 aug 04)
- rebelmouse.com/btcrobot
- prweb.com/releases/btc-robot
- a bunch of Youtube videos

Most of these review sites ask "Is this a SCAM? ILLEGAL?" and then by the bottom of the page, they become a promotion site with the image offers embedded and a link to purchase your copy. Clearly these are not actual review sites (that were created BEFORE btcrobot.com even existed by the way) but created by/for the owners. This is called "Reputation Management" translating to "SEO Spam". They fill Google's pages with their own material, so when you google btcrobot and scam, you see their PR pages. Of course, BTC Robot will claim that this was outsourced SEO work to boost Google rankings, not aimed to conceal any scam reports. But seriously, which legitimate company ever started buying domains for themselves and spammed the internet with pages asking if their own business is a scam?

=== CLICKBETTER ===

When you order the package, you first get taken to a very professional looking payment page:

Clickbetter.com takes your personal information and credit card details. The only problem is, it shouldn't, because there is another checkout site that actually takes the payment. So basically they send your credit card number and other information through their own servers first (allowing them to make a copy) before the actual payment processor (SWREG). The average user will not notice much of this, except for having to submit two forms (with the second one pre-filled).

=== MORE GAME CHANGING PRODUCTS VIA CLICKBETTER ===

- quantum-binary.com ("Certified profit: $2,559 while sleeping")
- mobileprojectx.com/live ("Professional sales video guaranteed to generate you repeated $200 sales!")
- pinterestprofitsystem.com ("Drive traffic to your website with Pinterest")
- instantcashplugin.com ("Automated Profit System")

=== BITCOINTALK THREAD ===

I ended up in Bitcointalk's BTC Robot thread. It starts out as expected:

- Kinetic915 (126 posts: "looks like a scam")
- donsanto (6 posts: "sounds like a scam")
- naphto (154 posts: "do not invest there, or be ready to lose your money")
- botsofbitcoin (60 posts: "Is it a take the money and run scam?")

Then suddenly, eurobitcoin arrives to the party and the thread is fixed:

- eurobitcoin (42 posts, mostly btcbot related: "No, BtcRobot is not a scam")
- petskup (4 posts: "Hello Ladies & Gentlemen! We have the results of the BTC Robot Contest. Here are the 7 Winners out of 152 contestants")
- jimmut (15 posts: "Well it just made a few trades...so I guess I just needed to give him time. So I guess its working.")
- oceans2892 (5 posts: "lol mine started trading yesterday too")
- BTC fan (3 posts: "So far so good with my trading")

(not claiming these users are all affiliated with BTC Robot but including eurobitcoin at least 3 of them seem to have registered specifically to post something neutral or positive in the thread)

=== MY THEORY ===

This is my theory: these guys are very much into affiliate web, guerilla marketing, get rich quick schemes and picked Bitcoin for their current buzz campaign. They hired help from Freelancer and maybe Fiverr workers, created professional looking and sounding videos, bought a bunch of domain names, hired copywriters, utilised their already existing SEO blogs, and basically got all of their domains up to google page 1 for 'bitcoin robot' and similar keywords.

They have certainly put money into this, and I have a gut feeling that they also have budget prepared to hand out a $50 here and a $100 there, should anyone question the legitimacy of the site (they probably restrict it to well respected members of the community, not just give it to anyone but whoever is making a fuss and focusing people's attention on the subject).

Either I'm right, or these guys are way ahead of everyone with their "Russian Brains" and can predict to a 95%+ probability which way prices swing on btc-e, even if btc-e is flooded with people who are all using the same bot.

If anyone has more patience and time to look up info on these operations please share your findings.

giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 02:48:13 AM

If anyone has more patience and time to look up info on these operations please share your findings.

Nothing to add. I mean I was convinced long before but whoever puts money on this company after your post, deserves his CC to be emptied.

WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
sukiho

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:54:21 AM

seems a little odd that those brilliant Russian bot coders couldnt manage to figure out how to make an interface that shows you your profit, but of course all their customers are very happy so thats the main thing
giszmo
Legendary

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 05:41:24 AM

Yes, the team uses pen names and put google images as our pics for obvious privacy reasons.

Yup. Very obvious privacy reasons. A scammer needs his privacy.

ɃɃ
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 10:03:40 AM

=== MY THEORY ===

This is my theory: these guys are very much into affiliate web, guerilla marketing, get rich quick schemes and picked Bitcoin for their current buzz campaign. They hired help from Freelancer and maybe Fiverr workers, created professional looking and sounding videos, bought a bunch of domain names, hired copywriters, utilised their already existing SEO blogs, and basically got all of their domains up to google page 1 for 'bitcoin robot' and similar keywords.

They have certainly put money into this, and I have a gut feeling that they also have budget prepared to hand out a $50 here and a $100 there, should anyone question the legitimacy of the site (they probably restrict it to well respected members of the community, not just give it to anyone but whoever is making a fuss and focusing people's attention on the subject).

Either I'm right, or these guys are way ahead of everyone with their "Russian Brains" and can predict to a 95%+ probability which way prices swing on btc-e, even if btc-e is flooded with people who are all using the same bot.

Your analysis is spot on but you left out a single detail: the software itself does what it advertises because it is easy to make such a software and it is profitable to run any kind of bitcoin trading bot.

The question is, where did they get the software? Did someone here make it or did they rehashed an open source project or what?
Dehumanizer

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 01:36:08 PM

Hello all,

I bought a license of the robot just for the sake of finding out what type of scam are they pulling out, I was wondering if it doesn't work at all, or if it at least doesn't wipe the account right away. I am also planning on getting a refund soon, so I'll post an update later if there will be any problems with the refund.
Anyway, I have left just 1.02 BTC on the account for the robot to play with. At that point, BTC was about $105 on btc-e and about $120 on mtgox. Since then, some trades were done and the price went up to $115/$130. So if I take average prices from both exchanges, my "investment" was worth $114.75 at the beginning and (if there were no trades and I would just hold BTC) $122.50 now. That's a profit of $7.75 , or 6.7%.
Now what happened on my account with robot trading it. Currently I have 0.98 BTC and 4.35 USD on the account, which is about 1.018 BTC at the moment, i.e. I have lost 0.002 BTC, which is not much but certainly it's not a profit. But here comes the funny part, on btcrobot's page, all funds are converted to USD total, which is 117.63 USD according to them and it's about right, noone can say anything against it. But using this method, the profit is about 10 USD :-) Very smart, I have to say. So my assumption is that by using this technique, they are turning losses or no-profits into profits.
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 02:37:31 PM

So from the people who claim to have actually purchased it, their results seem to be: it makes some trades and claims a profit that doesn't really exist.  Their advertising strategy is questionable at best and the way it calculates profit is just wrong. 

That said, I don't think that makes it a SCAM.  You pay for a product, the product doesn't work as well as its advertisements claim (which you easily could have known had you read this thread).  I think that describes a lot of products.  And though the profit is a blatant lie, they weren't exactly secretive about how they calculated it.

btcfaucet

Activity: 166

Bitcoin Faucet

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 02:52:52 PM

That said, I don't think that makes it a SCAM.  You pay for a product, the product doesn't work as well as its advertisements claim (which you easily could have known had you read this thread).  I think that describes a lot of products.  And though the profit is a blatant lie, they weren't exactly secretive about how they calculated it.

Personally I would make a distinction between a product not working properly (or not working at all) and a product designed to be just like 10 other products before it. Basically it doesn't matter what the product does as long as the buyer doesn't think it's a scam and doesn't ask for a refund. The marketing isn't separate from the product. The marketing and the product's design go hand in hand. And since the creators know that noone's really going to make money (or at least not more than they would running any bot or trading manually or simply holding), I think ultimately it deserves to be called a scam.

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 03:01:17 PM

I don't think its a scam, buyer should just beware of waht they are buying.

As with any automated trade method, be careful!

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
eurobitcoin

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:11:47 PM

Anyway, I have left just 1.02 BTC on the account for the robot to play with. At that point, BTC was about $105 on btc-e and about $120 on mtgox. Since then, some trades were done and the price went up to $115/$130. So if I take average prices from both exchanges, my "investment" was worth $114.75 at the beginning and (if there were no trades and I would just hold BTC) $122.50 now. That's a profit of $7.75 , or 6.7%.

I can't find anyone with "Dehumanizer" in our database. Please send us support email or PM and we'll check your account to see what's going on there, what settings you use and if everything is working properly.

This is my theory: t
I think ultimately it deserves to be called a scam.

Honestly, I am little tired of going in cycles about all these conspiracy theories and new trolls coming in this topic crying scam without any reason.
The only point that matters to us is that the product works and we have the lowest refund rate of just 4%, because 96% of the people are actually happy about it and grow their accounts.

If you are serious about auto-trading bitcoin with our robot - feel free to contact me in PM or send us the support email.
balousen

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:32:01 PM

I have tested and still using the bot - with the results I have expirenced my self - I have decided not to invest in mining equicment (I was close to get a BFL 60 GHS in hand) it does not take much calculations to get that the robot is a way better investment. It took me 5 minutes to setup and I was running.

I really think it´s bad that every time a new company comes up everybody judge it as SCAM ! How can you say a company is scam where you can contact support and get fast response ? And also helping you with getting the best setup to get the best profit ? I really think you should give it a chance ! I have NOTHING bad to say at all, manual is perfect and it just works if you follow it step by step - as said - 5 minutes and I was ready to go !

You can PM me for charts etc. to see my results
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: