Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:45:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use btcrobot.com?  (Read 56109 times)
cyberom

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 03:51:51 AM

I requested a refund on 27 september with clickbetter.

I will inform you when i will be refunded

Huh
eurobitcoin

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:06:35 AM

Yes, I can confirm the same problem with the ruby.exe being almost always on 25% CPU

It's a Ruby software development kit. It uses a lot of memory which is normal. If it bothers too much, I would suggest upgrading to Gold, we'll host your robot on our cloud hosted VPS!
vanski

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:55:13 PM

Yes, I can confirm the same problem with the ruby.exe being almost always on 25% CPU

It's a Ruby software development kit. It uses a lot of memory which is normal. If it bothers too much, I would suggest upgrading to Gold, we'll host your robot on our cloud hosted VPS!

Memory and CPU power are totally different things. If memory was the problem, I can live with it, but CPU power means electricity bills and this is no different from mining. And please do not constantly suggest to upgrade; it is obvious this is not the solution here.
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 06:53:35 PM

Here's a better idea, you don't need to upgrade to premium software design platinum tier, it's free: fix the bot so it doesn't use 100% CPU when it trades once a week... it's not logical to "calculate" billions of operations per second when the actual decision is required once every few hours.
whydifficult

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 10:30:34 PM

Here's a better idea, you don't need to upgrade to premium software design platinum tier, it's free: fix the bot so it doesn't use 100% CPU when it trades once a week... it's not logical to "calculate" billions of operations per second when the actual decision is required once every few hours.

I don't have a copy of the bot so I don't have any details but: Ruby is not the fastest language out there (and this bot appears to be written in it), and it is especially slow on windows.

Besides that this bot is supposed to monitor the market constantly, this way the bots tries to make profitable trades (it needs to process all new trades coming in). Though this probably should not consume as much recourses I guess.

Gekko a nodejs bitcoin trading bot!
Realtime Bitcoin Globe - visualizing all transactions and blocks
Tip jar (BTC): 1KyQdQ9ctjCrGjGRCWSBhPKcj5omy4gv5S
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:16:44 PM

How did the bot do in the crash this afternoon?

joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2013, 01:17:37 PM

I would suggest that if you are interested in running this bot, try running the bot on a free amazon web services tier. That way you don't have to worry about tying up valuable resources on your personal computer.

I personally am not interested in running this bot.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Corelianer

Activity: 309

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:20:07 PM

How did the bot do in the crash this afternoon?

My bot didn't loose as much as my other account holding most of my BTC's with the buy and hold tactics.

So I'm quite satisfied with it. But I still don't trust this bot. I wish I could see and modify the code behin it.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 10:07:07 AM

We are excited to release our first BTC robot update 1.1 for you!

The update is addressing BTC-e API changes and the frequency of trades.

Gold / Platinum Clients:

As usual, the update was applied automatically to all Gold and Platinum members, no action is required on your part!

Silver plan clients:

If you are a silver client, you might want to exit the robot (right click on it in the trey and choose exit) then reinstall the new version from the members area. The robot should reinstall smoothly and keep your trading and api keys settings, so the new version will pick up trading without any problem!
eurobitcoin

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:48:47 AM

Version 1.1 started trading really well

in plans, adding bitstamp!
eurobitcoin

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:11:54 AM

With a strong push on BTC, the public acc finally doubled. it took around 4 months on Aggressive settings.

According to Mashable, Baidu, also known as the "Google of China," is now accepting Bitcoin payments
http://mashable.com/2013/10/15/baidu-bitcoin/

Now, the digital currency gets the backing of a real Internet giant. Baidu is the fifth most-visited website in the world and China's top site, according to Alexa.

"This is encouraging news, even more so since it is from China and with a NASDAQ-listed company," John Matonis, executive director of the Bitcoin Foundation, told Mashable in an email.

Apart from adding credibility and legitimacy, this move could prompt more companies to start using Bitcoin.
Corelianer

Activity: 309

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:06:28 PM

With a strong push on BTC, the public acc finally doubled. it took around 4 months on Aggressive settings.

According to Mashable, Baidu, also known as the "Google of China," is now accepting Bitcoin payments
http://mashable.com/2013/10/15/baidu-bitcoin/

Now, the digital currency gets the backing of a real Internet giant. Baidu is the fifth most-visited website in the world and China's top site, according to Alexa.

"This is encouraging news, even more so since it is from China and with a NASDAQ-listed company," John Matonis, executive director of the Bitcoin Foundation, told Mashable in an email.

Apart from adding credibility and legitimacy, this move could prompt more companies to start using Bitcoin.

What setting do you use on your public acc?
eurobitcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:15:49 PM

We are using aggressive settings. They target for bigger profits but don't trade often
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:18:28 AM

Considering trying this platform out.  I just have a couple of questions:

1.) If I got with one of the hosted options, are your servers located anywhere within the united states?
2.) If Either of the hosted packages is purchased, do I still receive an actual copy of the automated trade bot itself on cd-rom as well (I don't want to pay ~$250 for a hosted product and have you guys go tits up with me holding the login cred's to a disabled VPS somewhere).
3.) Does btcrobot currently only support BTC/USD holdings or are other coin permutations possible (i.e. BTC/PPC, BTC/FTC, etc.)? If not currently implemented any plans on doing so anytime soon?
4.) Any estimated timeline for implementation of BitInstant support?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
eurobitcoin

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 07:17:16 PM

1.) If I got with one of the hosted options, are your servers located anywhere within the united states?
2.) If Either of the hosted packages is purchased, do I still receive an actual copy of the automated trade bot itself on cd-rom as well (I don't want to pay ~$250 for a hosted product and have you guys go tits up with me holding the login cred's to a disabled VPS somewhere).
3.) Does btcrobot currently only support BTC/USD holdings or are other coin permutations possible (i.e. BTC/PPC, BTC/FTC, etc.)? If not currently implemented any plans on doing so anytime soon?

1. Yes in USA
2. If you order golden/platinum there is nothing to download. We simply preinstall everything for you! Our vps are fully secure, don't worry. They are not hosted on same sever as sales site.
We dont do any CD in any versions.

3. Currently portfolio of USD + BTC only, no other currencies at this time. But we are looking into LTC in future

4. We already implemented Bitinstant price monitoring into the robot.
The robot is now monitoring 3 major btc marketplaced to perform smarter decisions. This will ensure it's profitability no matter if the price is going up or down. The deposits are made into btc-e.com

green chart
BTC fan

Activity: 5

View Profile
October 23, 2013, 08:50:27 PM

I am really happy with my profits of last week
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2188/w204.png
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 02:06:06 AM

1. Yes in USA
2. If you order golden/platinum there is nothing to download. We simply preinstall everything for you! Our vps are fully secure, don't worry. They are not hosted on same sever as sales site.
We dont do any CD in any versions.

3. Currently portfolio of USD + BTC only, no other currencies at this time. But we are looking into LTC in future

4. We already implemented Bitinstant price monitoring into the robot.
The robot is now monitoring 3 major btc marketplaced to perform smarter decisions. This will ensure it's profitability no matter if the price is going up or down. The deposits are made into btc-e.com

green chart

Thanks for the prompt response Eurobitcoin. As for your responses to my questions:
1.) This bums me out...my concern wasn't so much from the point of a security standpoint although I'm glad to hear you think your servers are secure. Basically, my worry would be that I shell this money out, don't receive an actual copy of anything, and given that your servers physically reside in the states, should they decide your not complying with one thing or another it's basically game over unless your program can function in completely standalone mode without needing to tie into some sort of US-only based set of servers? Have you guys given any consideration to diversifying geographically or is this not even a concern for you guys at this point?
2.) The fact that your hosted servers reside within the states only makes this works for me at the moment. Hopefully the US will adopt a more bitcoin favorable position in the near future but I'm not seeing it at the moment.

*I also got the impression from your website that the software came with a complete set of "Exclusive Members Only" manuals and cd's containing the software...might wanna change that if this isn't the case :p

**I haven't completely decided against trying your bot out, but the answer to question #1 will certainly prevent me from considering either the Gold or Platinum options at this point :/

Gimme the crypto!!
SimonBelmond

Activity: 226

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 05:01:47 AM

OK as I was one of the early people trying this bot I will share this information: I tried for about 40 days and then asked for a refund with clickbetter. Now the money has come through and is shown on my credit card statement. Just wanted to let you know, that 60 day free trial worked for me. It was free. I was not convinced of the bots performance though.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
October 24, 2013, 12:31:30 PM

OK as I was one of the early people trying this bot I will share this information: I tried for about 40 days and then asked for a refund with clickbetter. Now the money has come through and is shown on my credit card statement. Just wanted to let you know, that 60 day free trial worked for me. It was free. I was not convinced of the bots performance though.

Thank you for update. Yes, we grant refund guarantee and don't scam anyone.
I am sad though that you missed all the profits later. BTC robot is a long term solution and during the september it did not trade much when BTC price was not going anywhere. Now it went up with a big profit for us and when the price dropped the robot was effectively protecting bankroll from drop as well:

1.) This bums me out...my concern wasn't so much from the point of a security standpoint although I'm glad to hear you think your servers are secure. Basically, my worry would be that I shell this money out, don't receive an actual copy of anything, and given that your servers physically reside in the states, should they decide your not complying with one thing or another it's basically game over unless your program can function in completely standalone mode without needing to tie into some sort of US-only based set of servers? Have you guys given any consideration to diversifying geographically or is this not even a concern for you guys at this point?
2.) The fact that your hosted servers reside within the states only makes this works for me at the moment. Hopefully the US will adopt a more bitcoin favorable position in the near future but I'm not seeing it at the moment.

*I also got the impression from your website that the software came with a complete set of "Exclusive Members Only" manuals and cd's containing the software...might wanna change that if this isn't the case :p

**I haven't completely decided against trying your bot out, but the answer to question #1 will certainly prevent me from considering either the Gold or Platinum options at this point :/

1. We don't have any concerns about it. We are not a US company and no US regulations apply to us whatsoever. Moreover if you heard the news Bitcoin is growing fast not only in China (Baidu) but also Wallmart will soon accept it (via gift cards) in USA! That is good news.

Yes, we don't ship any physical copies. This would be totally useless because BTC-e is updating the API very often so your copy will get outdated in a week. What we do is we sell subscription , if you buy Gold it means that full 1 year we will be supporting you and your trading + upgrades. Platinum for 3 years.

This also means we are interested in quality service because if we suck and don't update anything, you will never renew your subscription after 1 year and we will lose the customers.

Hope this makes sense.
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 01:39:00 AM

Ok...so I'm still concerned about the Gold and Platinum servers being hosted in the states but I am willing to give the silver package a go. However, the last point you raise regarding the frequency of API changes at the exchange level and the need for constant updates obviously raises a concern for me with the Silver package. Does the silver package include some sort of auto-updating mechanism or is this something I will have to do manually?

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: