Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:46:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone use btcrobot.com?  (Read 56107 times)
eurobitcoin

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2013, 02:46:53 PM

Ok...so I'm still concerned about the Gold and Platinum servers being hosted in the states but I am willing to give the silver package a go. However, the last point you raise regarding the frequency of API changes at the exchange level and the need for constant updates obviously raises a concern for me with the Silver package. Does the silver package include some sort of auto-updating mechanism or is this something I will have to do manually?

Silver version is hosted on your computer. We have no control over it whatsoever. You will have to update it manually when the updates are released (simply follow our newsletter and get new file from the members area)

For Gold/Platinum no manual action is needed, we update all ourselves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 27, 2013, 03:17:57 AM

You guys are aware that you are being flagged by WOT?
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/btcrobot.com
Nothing conclusive there, but still makes some users nervous.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
October 28, 2013, 08:29:55 AM

You guys are aware that you are being flagged by WOT?
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/btcrobot.com
Nothing conclusive there, but still makes some users nervous.

I don't know what that means and I never heard of "wot". i visited the link but I see just generic page and no information good or bad about it.

Anyways,

The update was released. (Silver as well) .
this is one of our updates alongside with Bitstamp filters
addition and new settings improvement. The updates are applied
automatically to Gold/Platinum members and there is no action needed
on your part.
The goal of the robot is to grow the value of your portfolio (Combined
BTC+USD). However a lot of new members did not understand this fact
and always counted only BTC forgetting USD. This created a lot of
confusion in the past. To address it we now display the TOTAL value of
the portfolio in USD which is our goal to grow. Example:
Current Portfolio Value: 1013.18 USD Total
eurobitcoin

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 10:56:52 PM

"Best Performing asset in the world" says Keiser Report: Bitcoin - Resistance Starts Here!

Watch this video discussing bitcoin profit potential in the new era of Currency 2.0 Bitcoin

http://youtu.be/A2Cjo7CHh6w
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
October 29, 2013, 11:25:51 PM

"Best Performing asset in the world" says Keiser Report: Bitcoin - Resistance Starts Here!

Watch this video discussing bitcoin profit potential in the new era of Currency 2.0 Bitcoin

http://youtu.be/A2Cjo7CHh6w

And you base your robot's profit off of $ instead of BTC?

Seems a little silly.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 05:16:26 PM

tysat,
we discussed this many times.

The robot goal is to grow the USD value of your portfolio (sum USD+BTC on account).
spookycloud

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 07:50:59 PM

So if I buy this can I make a profit being from the usa?
Because we can only buy from 2 exchanges Mt.Gox and Coinbase and Coinbase is always cheaper.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:12:21 AM

So if I buy this can I make a profit being from the usa?
Because we can only buy from 2 exchanges Mt.Gox and Coinbase and Coinbase is always cheaper.

Yes, you can trade from USA too. BTC-e.com allows direct bank wire from members even from USA. no need for coinbase.
rpg

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 03:40:01 PM

question. A trading bot lives and dies by trading signals, regardless if it's BTC or any stock. What technical  indicators do you use?  I personally like Bolinger Bands mixed with support and resistance points
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
October 31, 2013, 09:24:07 PM

Ok, so I've been running the Gold Hosted bot with Aggressive settings for several days and I have a couple of observations thus far:

1.) The bot doesn't seem to handle new deposits very well or at least was designed to ignore them until the bot is shutdown and restarted. So if I decide to sell some XPM for BTC the bot doesn't seem to take this overall net BTC increase into account with regards to its trading strategies.
2.) Thus far all I have seen the bot do is sell whatever small portions of BTC I direct at it for a seeming loss. (Note: this would have been pretty easy to do myself and far cheaper I might add, but I do understand that BTC has basically just been on the rise so I'll be patient)
3.) The two buys that the bot did perform made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever but could be as a result of my exchanging other coins for BTC and restarting the bot perhaps?

Anyway, I would like to continue to throw more BTC at the bot in the hopes that it knows something that I don't, so could you please let me know if shutting the bot down and restarting it after each BTC increase is the proper thing to do?

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
eurobitcoin

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:07:07 AM

question. A trading bot lives and dies by trading signals, regardless if it's BTC or any stock. What technical  indicators do you use?  I personally like Bolinger Bands mixed with support and resistance points

The robot is using hedging techniques, it analyzes not only the price of btc-e but also the price in other 2 major marketplaces: Mtgox and Bitstamp to take the decisions.

1.) The bot doesn't seem to handle new deposits very well or at least was designed to ignore them until the bot is shutdown and restarted. So if I decide to sell some XPM for BTC the bot doesn't seem to take this overall net BTC increase into account with regards to its trading strategies.

The balance check call is done during the next trade after the deposit is made
That's api limitation, not a problem.
The net value of portfolio is counted in USD at all times (sum of btc+usd)

2.) Thus far all I have seen the bot do is sell whatever small portions of BTC I direct at it for a seeming loss. (Note: this would have been pretty easy to do myself and far cheaper I might add, but I do understand that BTC has basically just been on the rise so I'll be patient)
3.) The two buys that the bot did perform made absolutely no sense to me whatsoever but could be as a result of my exchanging other coins for BTC and restarting the bot perhaps?

The robot is a long term solution and does not require checking and baby sitting. Please set it on aggressive and let it work. No need to doublecheck it daily. The goal is to grow your portfolio over the long period of time.

here is one of our clients. aggressive settings. As you can see it is much more effective than "buy and hold" strategy because the drawdowns when the price goes down are significantly lower than price drops. so the robot not only good at making profit but also at keeping it when price of BTC drops!

nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 01, 2013, 09:48:26 PM

Hey fellas...It appears as though the BitStamp API interface with BitStamp is possibly offline since 0:47? I seriously doubt there has been 0 activity either way going on there since that time.

Gimme the crypto!!
rpg

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 04:29:41 AM

The robot is using hedging techniques, it analyzes not only the price of btc-e but also the price in other 2 major marketplaces: Mtgox and Bitstamp to take the decisions.

so you're telling me the bot goes with the flow and the book depth on 3 exchanges but doesn't follow established trading indicators that generate buy and sell signals?

BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:24:00 AM

so you're telling me the bot goes with the flow and the book depth on 3 exchanges but doesn't follow established trading indicators that generate buy and sell signals?
Also it runs millions of calculations per second and uses up all your CPU, even if the trade decisions are like max 10 per day. Anyway, it's one bot, it works in it's own way, take or leave it.
rpg

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:07:47 PM

Also it runs millions of calculations per second and uses up all your CPU, even if the trade decisions are like max 10 per day. Anyway, it's one bot, it works in it's own way, take or leave it.

I'll leave it, have enough day trading experience to know what works and what doesn't. Just wanted to know if this was for real or an amateurish implementation/ Thank you for your millions of calculations per second comment, it made me laugh so hard.
eurobitcoin

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:00:28 AM

Hey fellas...It appears as though the BitStamp API interface with BitStamp is possibly offline since 0:47? I seriously doubt there has been 0 activity either way going on there since that time.

The robot trades on Btc-e.com not on BitStampt. BitStamp is used as external additional filter. Even if BitStamp is offline, the robot is operational.
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:39:41 AM

question. A trading bot lives and dies by trading signals, regardless if it's BTC or any stock. What technical  indicators do you use?  I personally like Bolinger Bands mixed with support and resistance points

The balance check call is done during the next trade after the deposit is made
That's api limitation, not a problem.
The net value of portfolio is counted in USD at all times (sum of btc+usd)

The robot is a long term solution and does not require checking and baby sitting. Please set it on aggressive and let it work. No need to doublecheck it daily. The goal is to grow your portfolio over the long period of time.

here is one of our clients. aggressive settings. As you can see it is much more effective than "buy and hold" strategy because the drawdowns when the price goes down are significantly lower than price drops. so the robot not only good at making profit but also at keeping it when price of BTC drops!

Regarding this API limitation? Are you saying that btc-e api doesn't give your bot the ability to check current BTC/USD balances in realtime?  If the bot is only making 2-3 trades on some days, would it not be wiser for the bot to be aware of newly added BTC prior to making next buy/sell order in case there is a major dive or climb? I'm not understanding the logic or your response to that particular aspect. Can you please clarify?

*I just took a 5 minute look at the btc-e API documentation and your argument is invalid. The getInfo method returns all current user-balances for all held coins, so it is not a limitation of btc-e's API but rather how frequently your bot is checking this method. I would love to hear back from you on this.

Gimme the crypto!!
eurobitcoin

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:42:38 AM

Regarding this API limitation? Are you saying that btc-e api doesn't give your bot the ability to check current BTC/USD balances in realtime?

I appreciate your concenrn.

We do check balances obviously but there is no way to see if balance was increased by manual operation, robot trading or manual extra deposits. We recommend that you start fresh BTC-e acc and deposit just once before trading.

tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 01:25:48 AM

Regarding this API limitation? Are you saying that btc-e api doesn't give your bot the ability to check current BTC/USD balances in realtime?

We do check balances obviously but there is no way to see if balance was increased by manual operation, robot trading or manual extra deposits. We recommend that you start fresh BTC-e acc and deposit just once before trading.

API documentation says otherwise... All you have to do is pull trade and transaction history, then do a little bit of comparing to figure out why the balance changed.

^ You can have that tip for free.
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:24:43 AM

Strange, this answer confuses me a bit more. Well, maybe not so strange Smiley

How could there be no way of telling if balance was increased by manual operation? You know our USD/BTC balances. The bot obviously knows what trades it has executed, when, and for how much. I'm missing something here.

Gimme the crypto!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: