Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:52:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Poloniex Preparing for an Exit Scam! DO _NOT_ SEND COINS THERE!  (Read 1724 times)
Stonesteel

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:50:45 PM

deym, I hope this is not true. Now I'm starting to think twice if I should deposit or withdraw all of my funds there. tsk.  Sad
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:14:18 PM

Seriously, if an exchange has bad support and it takes a month to get an answer for a small problem, it makes no sense to trade there. What the hell are we supposed to do if something goes wrong?

Poloniex used to be huge in early 2017, but they couldn't take the inflow of new users. Their servers started lagging in mid-2017 and their support screwed up and they lost the exchange war (mostly to bittrex, which is doing the same mistakes in 2018, with all the no new registrations and disabled accounts problems! lol).
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:25:50 PM

I have been using poloniex for the past 22 month and I have never have any couse to complain as most of my transactions do went through successfully. I think there issues with customers services is what I have not experienced and I think it is something they should improve on.
Pertor

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:36:22 PM

Tell me please in Poloniex you can enter and withdraw currency in Fiat (dollars or rubles or euros)? If you can not recommend which exchange?
Hedda Gabler

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 03:45:09 PM

I always had psychic, bad vibes about both Bittrex and Poloniex. Their whole website just looked like a scammy homemade WIX template website.
ThePromise

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:04:41 PM

Seriously, if an exchange has bad support and it takes a month to get an answer for a small problem, it makes no sense to trade there. What the hell are we supposed to do if something goes wrong?

Poloniex used to be huge in early 2017, but they couldn't take the inflow of new users. Their servers started lagging in mid-2017 and their support screwed up and they lost the exchange war (mostly to bittrex, which is doing the same mistakes in 2018, with all the no new registrations and disabled accounts problems! lol).
what on earth just happened to poloniex, at first their site is so easy to use and their support is so approachable, and then many users have come and used poloniex. but why there are so many issues suddenly appear to it.

natasha-lev

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:09:34 PM

Poloniex is known for its strange things with withdrawal.
I think we need to spread the word about Decentralized exchanges. Centralized exchanges may always have problems.
ZenRoy

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:14:06 PM

Damn. In situations like these, there are no agencies to run to being non-regulated and all. This makes me really think twice about Crypto trading platforms. I have a few XRP and Burst sitting on my Poloniex account and guess I'll have to run away with them soon.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:16:21 PM

I have about 200k XDN coins there stuck since nearly a year now. The wallet status is saying "temporarily disabled" and not much I can do about it, really sad to see this especially since XDN is getting pumped really hard now..
I have written countless support tickets and no answer..

Ouch... that's a lot of coins. I sincerely recommend threatening them with legal action. That's about all you can do. But you have to make it sounds smart, and serious. Granted I think being an asshole doesn't get me very far in life, but what's yours is yours. They can't just keep your money. That's illegal in every sense of U.S. law.

I firmly believe they simply don't have the coins to give you. They sold them all already. Thats why its "temporarily disabled." You'll probably get them back when/if the price tanks.
Threaten them that you will file a lawsuit, get your self a good lawyer, file a complaint to Better Business Bureau, not sure if this kind f exchange sites are covered by BBB since they claim that their address is from Wilmington Delaware so I guess they are or should be covered by BBB.
Sevaev

Activity: 406
Merit: 132

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:17:57 PM

At least I have not had problems with this stock exchange yet, I hope not, I keep the funds there, I think everything will be fine.
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:18:33 PM

2000 usd is nothing for them they earn much more than 2000 usd probably every minute. So i dont think it is fair to say they are preparing for exit scam because you could not get your 2000 usd. if they want to scam they would do it without a noobish preparation like you said.
cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:25:45 PM

We should be cautious with every exchanges,if this might happen anytime soon i suggest to switch to major exchanges like binance,bittrex,etc. just to be safe.

Mrs Troll

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:30:08 PM

Poloniex exchange looks like diying. When I had a delay with withdrawal 3 months ago no one even answered my ticket. I waited for 7 days till my withdrawal become confirmed and closed my ticket without any answer. Migrated to bittrex after this.
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:18:03 PM

Poloniex is known for its strange things with withdrawal.
I think we need to spread the word about Decentralized exchanges. Centralized exchanges may always have problems.

AFAIK there are no decentralized exchanges with high liquidity and low fees. I checked a few out 6 months ago and many of them had only 10 orders on the books and no one to fill it, with really high fees.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:47:13 PM

Can anyone confirm they have the

XDN in their wallet at polo? I expect they have shifted those and sold them now. How to see if they have moved those coins?>

Tristan D'Agosta needs to be located and asked in person why he is taking peoples crypto for himself and not returning it even after 6 months or a year??

Someone will be able to locate him I am sure and ask him in person.

It will be time to start a dedicated thread about this scammy little scab in the near future.

No way can they pull wallets offline for months and not respond to tickets about it.

I know people that have their entire crypto wealth trapped there.

Cart

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:39:01 PM

I have about 200k XDN coins there stuck since nearly a year now. The wallet status is saying "temporarily disabled" and not much I can do about it, really sad to see this especially since XDN is getting pumped really hard now..

Ouch... that's a lot of coins. I sincerely recommend threatening them with legal action. That's about all you can do. But you have to make it sounds smart, and serious. Granted I think being an asshole doesn't get me very far in life, but what's yours is yours. They can't just keep your money. That's illegal in every sense of U.S. law.

I firmly believe they simply don't have the coins to give you. They sold them all already. Thats why its "temporarily disabled." You'll probably get them back when/if the price tanks.
Threaten them that you will file a lawsuit, get your self a good lawyer, file a complaint to Better Business Bureau, not sure if this kind f exchange sites are covered by BBB since they claim that their address is from Wilmington Delaware so I guess they are or should be covered by BBB.

Thank you for the advice guys! I also have 100k SC stuck in withdrawal since half a year, do you have any advice what to do with suing since I am based in Germany.
Can I find a German lawyer and sue them from Germany? Or maybe we could do like a collective lawsuit to pressure them about the issues?
MURONDI

Activity: 770
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 06:44:21 PM

I also started to fear with poloniex, not just once I had problems there, some time ago I deposit, until now no incoming funds, not even recorded in transaction history, I hope poloniex can be better and not a scam, because I put all my funds in there..  Undecided

eventually my deposit came in too, hopefully poloniex exchange remains secure, and fix transaction issues, transaction delays within a few days made some people very worried, actually i want to move to bittrex, but I am very difficult to verify there..
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 07:53:20 PM

Thank you for the advice guys! I also have 100k SC stuck in withdrawal since half a year, do you have any advice what to do with suing since I am based in Germany.
Can I find a German lawyer and sue them from Germany? Or maybe we could do like a collective lawsuit to pressure them about the issues?

We need to collectively fund a personal law suit against their ceo that dumb prick is swanning around with millions leaving a bunch of dumb ass bunch of monkeys handling customer services. These monkeys have no way of dealing with any real issues.

The way to get the xdn xcn bbr sc and all other withdrawals working is to create a thread here first dedicated to their ceo this tristan dip shit.... google will soon pick it up and highlight his neglect and absolute disregard of his customers. Making it personal to him is the key, i believe their are 2 other main directors too.

We need to locate who they are and where they live and make them uncomfortable with the level of negative attention.

They are not planning any exit scam in my books since you can take out btc in large amounts.

It is simply total and utter disregard for people who have issues with their exchange.

I know people that are today losing the opportunity to withdrawal 10s of thousands of dollars of crypto in XDN alone.

I would not even rule out polo instigating this huge pump on the and dump on XDN whilst they hold these XDN captive...

YOu may see them open this wallet once this coin dumps.

That is totally unfair and tristan and the other 2 turds running this fucked up dump need to be brought to account on this.

Phalo

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:35:32 PM

Now as a final hammer to the balls, this just happened:

Someone explain to me how they're not absolutely crooked and about to go down the drain, ala Vircurex, Mintpal and Cryptsy.

This is not good at all. I'm really sorry about this. Now they are banning your IP so you stop writing tickets. This is ridiculous. I hope you get your coins and run. Poloniex is getting shady by the day.
Thermatic

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:38:29 PM

I'm waiting for 3 months already. I've opened ticket in OCTOBER! Still no reply.... Poloniex sucks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: