Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:34:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why is ETH gas again very expensive?  (Read 435 times)
Eddyc

Activity: 1014
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 09:43:49 PM

In my opinion Ethereum just does not have a higher price, because of these problems, the network is too heavy, it is time to change these problems or create a support structure.
mariaana

Activity: 399
Merit: 16

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:50:08 PM

There are so many factors why gas becomes expensive.  The recently reported hacking of etherdelta has prompted ICO to use smart contracts not just simple transfer.  Smart contracts allow the performance of credible transactions without third parties and are trackable and irreversible.  Miners also opted for higher transactions fees because of the increase expenses that they incur in mining.  All transactions, from simple transfers to ICO smart contracts, require some amount of operations to perform. Each of these operations has an associated cost in gas. Thus, simple transactions like transfers will require less gas to perform than more intense smart contracts.  The associated costs of mining like electricity has increased too because of the increase of fuel in the world market.  Especially in the Philippines,  the government has increase the excise tax for petroleum starting this January 2018 that triggered an increase in electricity, hardware parts and the like.
vaso11

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:54:30 PM

Okay, have increased the price of gas, but who will explain to me why the transaction do not go, I've been wanting to sell a coin on etherdelta many times and can not do it

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 02:50:45 AM

Okay, have increased the price of gas, but who will explain to me why the transaction do not go, I've been wanting to sell a coin on etherdelta many times and can not do it

This is because gas limit is also comparatively low.  Also increase gas limit as well with gas price otherwise your transaction will run out of gas.

Understand gas limit and gas price first. It's is beautifully explained here:

Quote from: coinsutra.com
To understand the other two components of the equation (gas limit & gas price), take this example:

Let’s suppose you have a car which consumes 1-gallon of gasoline worth $10 per mile. Now, if you drive the car for 5 miles, it will cost you $50. This means that if you need to make your car work (or drive) for 5 miles, you will need to spend $50 by putting 5-gallons of gas into it.

Similarly, to run a line of code or do an operation on Ethereum, you need to burn the appropriate gas limit (like in a car), where each “gas limit” (like the car’s gasoline) will have a per unit price called “gas price”.

To clarify more:

In a car, $10 (gas price) per gallon (gas limit).
In Ethereum, 10 Gwei (gas price) per gas (gas limit).
Note: Gwei is the measuring unit of gas price (I will discuss this further in the article).

Gas Limit

Usually, when one is talking about “gas” in Ethereum, they are referring to “gas limit”. This simply means some amount of fuel is required to execute that operation or run that particular smart contract code.

Gas is a unit that gets translated further into Ether (ETH) as a cost of performing that action (or work). The requestor pays this cost to the miner who actually mines and validates that transaction (or action).

On Ethereum, the gas limit is measured in the unit of “gas”. For instance, if you want to execute 5 lines of code on Ethereum successfully, it will require 5 gas units. Think of it just like your car which consumes 5-gallons of gasoline for a 5-mile drive.

Gas limits are already defined on Ethereum depending upon how much code is needed to be executed on the blockchain for a particular operation.

Also use https://ethgasstation.info for calculation of fees and gas limit.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:00:36 AM

Ethereum gas price is increased due traffic in the ethereum network if you try to send your ethereum or tokens with less flgas then your transaction will be stucked for days.I think this is the main drawback of cryotocurrency when it got famous the transaction fee is high so people look for other coins so they need to find a way to make the transaction very faster.
DaWidyaa

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:18:02 AM

I think such a situation is natural and fair, because the price of ETH automatically rises gas prices also rise, when eth prices rise and gas prices remain then the manager of eth loss.
dark08

Activity: 798
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:25:40 AM

I think such a situation is natural and fair, because the price of ETH automatically rises gas prices also rise, when eth prices rise and gas prices remain then the manager of eth loss.

You are right in that scenario the price of eth gas transaction are increase because the of ethereum are pump up like what happen to bitcoin transaction.
Now you have option to increase your gwei atleast 21 or up to make the tx speed confirm quickly by the miner.

bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:43:09 AM

Should not if the network can support the number of transactions. It should remain within 4-8 gwei but currently it is above 20 gwei which is quite expensive. The problem with bitcoin is happening with ETH, just proves there is still no real solution to scaling problems.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:52:13 AM

game like cryptokitty is not again the factor that caused gas is very expensive right now, it's because the leap on eth itself like we see the price of eth keep rising. and yesterday gas reach 60 gwei

marks1976

Activity: 893
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:02:22 AM

i am so sad that bitcoin's problem happen in ethereum again . let see how VK can solve this problem

but actually the price of ethereum is moving up.
Who's VK? Did you refer to the vitalik king or king vitalik  Cool But ethereum will become big and big in the future https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/ethereum-killer-ethereum-20-vitalik-buterins-roadmap/
roadmap 2.0 looks bring something that very useful for us as the ethereum platform users.

▄██████
      ▄█▀██████
    ▄█▀  ██████
  ▄█▀    ██████
▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████
███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████████████
███████████████
 ▀█████████████

<█▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄ █▄▄▄▄▄

│   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄(▄▄▄
$▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ $▄▄▄▄▄▄: ▄▄▄▄▄
│   █
│   │   //█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄_▄▄▄(▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄, █████████▄█████▄███████):
│   │   $▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄($▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ - > ▄▄▄▄▄()) ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄:
│   │   ▄▄ (!$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄ !$▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄) █
│   │      ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄
│   │   █

▄███▄        ▄███▄
     ▄███████▄    ▄███████▄
     █████████    █████████
      ███████      ███████
       ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀
 ▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄▄████▄▄▄▄████▄▄
█████████▀███ ██████████████████
███████▀  ███ ██████████████████
       ▄█ 
    ▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄        █▄
    ▀█████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄███▄
      ▀██       ▄███████████
        ▀              ███▀
                       ▀

P2P CASH
▄▄▄▄▄▄ Send money worldwide fast ▄▄▄▄▄▄

███████████████████▄
█████████████████████
████           ▀██████
████             ██████
████              █████
████             ▄█████      ▄
████            ▄██████    ▄██
████     ▄▄▄▄▄████████    ▄███
████   ▄████████████▀   ▄█████
████ ▄███████████▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▀         ▄█████████
████████▀  ▄▄███████████▀ ████
██████▀  ▄████████████▀   ████
████▀   ███████▀▀▀▀▀▀     ████
██▀    ██████▀            ████
▀      █████              ████
       █████              ████
       █████▄             ████
       ▀██████▄           ████
        ▀█████████████████████
          ▀███████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ safe an easy with P2P ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
P2P is the open source smart
contract platform
fully dedicated to
international money transactions

▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄
  ████████████████
 ██████████████████
▄████▄  ███▄  ▄████▄
█████▄  ███▄  ▄█████
████████████████████
 ▄████  ▄▄▄▄  ████▄

▄      ▄███▄▄
██▄▄▄ ██████▀
████████████
 ██████████▀
   ███████▀
 ▄█████▀▀

▄▄
       ▄▄▄█████
  ▄▄▄███▀▀▄███
▀▀███▀ ▄██████
    █ ███████
     ██▀▀▀███
           ▀▀
███

███
██████████████████████████

JOIN

██████████████████████████
███
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
███
King Bounty

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:05:41 AM

it may happen because the price of ethereum that rises to $ 1000 so make the gas price go up too, because gas price use ETH and ETH price go up so that it influence, and vice versa if price of ETH down gas price also down

Asyifiah

Activity: 658
Merit: 262

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:08:34 AM

maybe GAS Very expensive from request fee miner .
because for now cost for operational mining its so expensive too.
and than transaction so hard every second on block.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
kriticko29

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:20:44 AM

Increase in ETH's price results to a sudden increase in transaction fee also. It is the same with bitcoin that most of exchanges has a constant amount of transaction fee. That means an increase also means a higher transaction fee.
zarados

Activity: 364
Merit: 130

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:33:49 AM

Really? what wallet are you using? If you use MEW, you should be able to determine how much gas you use to send. Where there are 3 levels in the amount of gas you specify that is very very slow, maybe fast, and fast. And 20 Gwei listed as the default gas total and that still be on bottom level speed. Last time I see, it's only worth $ 1.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:41:56 AM

For the past 24 hours gas for Ethereum has again become very expensive, at least 21 Gwei.

https://ethgasstation.info/

Anyone knows why? Some other game like the cryptokitties perhaps?

I think Gas for ethereum become expensive because so many a lot people doing some transaction on ethereum blockchain like sending tokens to the exchanger or other wallet and it make ethereum traffic network become overloaded
mjnick01

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:57:37 AM

In the thread, Ethereum co-founder and lead developer Vitalik Buterin presented a counter argument to madvas’ concern regarding gas costs. Madvas previously noted that to create a profile on Ethlance, it costs around 3.7 million gas. Buterin explained that if a smart contract initiation costs users 3.7 million gas, the application itself is coded suboptimally. He also emphasized that the Ethereum development team is at fault for not providing sufficient tools to carry out large data sets and smart contracts.
jekanmasin

Activity: 240
Merit: 11

Be Positive Always!

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:26:38 AM

05/01/2018 I made a transaction with 55Gwei!without this fee I cant able to make a transaction so I did the transaction with this fees Sad Sad
etherdelta really killing me with the gas fees need to be more 21gwei. i hate this blockchain. all i can see it cannot handle a big crowd data changes. everytime when some token got pump high the blockchain will need a high fees to give at the miner for fast processes and the small transaction will be stuck for a long time. just lame. this was blockchain weakness.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
deadmousehat

Activity: 1974

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:36:33 AM

eth value increased $1000 of course gas price more expensive than before.
I've 1 pending transaction and need 3days to completed with 20GWEI. now ethereum have 33k pending tx, it's busy traffic.
so it's normal to use high fees if you don't want your transaction pending
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:04:33 AM

I use maximum Gwei now for all my Eth transactions. I hate my Eth getting stuck so don't take any chances. I use 60 Gwei and around 120k gas to move Eth or other tokens around. I know it's a bit pricey but think about it, Eth is now sitting at over 1k USD so it's natural that the gas price will go up accordingly. It's still far cheaper than Bitcoin transfer prices at least. So we aren't doing too badly. Just best not to move around a too low amount of tokens or Eth.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:28:26 AM

transactions are very expensive these days.. i transferred some cobs to ED to trade for eth and one of y friend sent me 0.5 eth 2 times but the transactions are still pending :-/ i didnt had the idea that ETH blokchain is again clogged now its been 3 days and transactions are still pending.. high gas need to be used to go through the transaction :-/

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: