Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:45:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PYC] Paycoin - Going to be hard forked soon!  (Read 90776 times)
SDRebel

Activity: 569
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:14:48 PM

yes expect some upgrades and new pyccoin client coming. The original software is being enhanced, reworked & rebranded if all goes well *stay tuned* ;-) happy 2O15!!!
excellent, thanks
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SDRebel

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:16:11 PM

Josh posted this on Hashtalk.... Any opinion on the accuracy?

https://hashtalk.org/topic/27749/orginal-paycoin

Before we choose the name "Paycoin" we did our due diligence. While we found one had been started with the same name, we did not find any activity (sites, forum, etc). We also reached out to the original developer with no response.

After a long period of waiting, we assumed that the coin had been abandoned and moved forward with purchasing all the names rights.

Once we launched Paycoin, some of the original coin holders came forward to express their frustration with our decision. Since then, we have been working with them to find a solution.

I am happy to say we have reached an agreement with them and have their blessing to use the name. Thanks!

I'd love to find out who "them" is. I am PYC coinholder and I know nothing about it. It's a decentralized coin, like almost all other coins, except XPY and other, so not sure who we would have talked to

/\since when? how many you got? when did you buy/mine them?:\ tia

"I'd love to find out who "them" is. I am PYC coinholder and I know nothing about it."

XPY pr team is full of B.S.
Did they post anything on this thread?
Who is "them" that represents "us" Huh

[We/xpy] have their blessing to use the name.

Really?  Show me this blessing that the real Paycoin gave.

he has shown no evidence of such thing
SDRebel

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:17:19 PM

I'd like Vlad to chime in... But it seems he may have been the one they bought off and silenced... Unsure tho and hate to make wild accusations... But would love some more info on this?

Josh posted it's been resolved hardly means anything since he's been lying/misleading his entire career. Soooooo
i talked to him as soon as I read that and he said he hasn't talked to him. Since then he sent him an email (to Josh) and waiting for a response.
Josh has not provided any info, so it's hard to tell if any of that is true.
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:22:11 PM

Quick Update - Looks like the HT post I linked has been removed... Go figure...

edit - Found it - https://hashtalk.org/topic/27749/original-paycoin/31
SDRebel

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 05:50:44 PM

yeah, not sure what he meant by that
he did file for trademark application, but they lied because they claimed they had first use in the industry, which is a blatant lie.
not really sure what he meant by "purchased it"

GAWCEO
 Admin
Industry Innovator
@kickshaw said:

@GAWCEO What if they did an about face and decided not to sell/give away the rights to the name? Would the name have to change?
No, we had already filed for, and purchased it.

I just thought it was the right thing to do.
Honeycutt22

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 06:51:46 PM

yeah, not sure what he meant by that
he did file for trademark application, but they lied because they claimed they had first use in the industry, which is a blatant lie.
not really sure what he meant by "purchased it"

GAWCEO
 Admin
Industry Innovator
@kickshaw said:

@GAWCEO What if they did an about face and decided not to sell/give away the rights to the name? Would the name have to change?
No, we had already filed for, and purchased it.

I just thought it was the right thing to do.

LOL - He's full of it... The right thing to do my ass.. .he only did it because he got caught lying and trying to strong arm.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2015, 03:34:48 AM

Josh Garza emailed me back and I am trying my best to discuss options.

Sadly, we lost the little leverage I thought we had. 

I received a letter from the US trademark office denying my protest for Garza's PayCoin trademark stating that "first use" or "prior art" does not apply to trademarks.

So it appears Garza was right when he said the trademark was gonna be his.  Well, he said it was already his.  lol

At any rate, I also spoke with an expert at the trademark office as well and she told me exactly the same thing.

Prior art applies ONLY to patents, NOT trademarks so we have no case as far as the trademark office system is concerned.

At this point we can only hope for some goodwill from Mr. Garza.

Don't dump your coins out of desperation - if I cannot work out a buyout deal then we will relaunch and I will put together a dev team to relaunch a better coin, with more features and less dilution so everyone should be able to come out ahead, holding a Better coins worth more than what they had prior to Garza launching XPY, with the exception of the coin name, of course, which did nothing for the coin until Garza took his public.

If we don't have a case then anything devs do on this coin to fight Garza could result in a lawsuit when Garxa actually gets the trademark.  I would rather solve this the easy way if possible. 

I hit Garza hard and fast initially, and frankly, I was an asshole cause I thought we had a clear cut case of prior art. 

If anyone wants to file another protest with the trademark office to verify that what I am saying is true then please feel free to do so - it only takes about 10 minutes and you'll get a denial letter in a week.

Mr garza is speaking to me so that's a good sign.  I am hopeful something will be worked out, at least help the PYC community with developing and relaunching a revised [and improved] PYC replacement.

Best regards...

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
I_IZ_CEO

Activity: 308

CEO FlawMiners TM®

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:12:41 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2015, 07:37:08 AM by I_IZ_CEO

I received a letter from the US trademark office denying my protest for Garza's PayCoin trademark stating that "first use" or "prior art" does not apply to trademarks.

So it appears Garza was right when he said the trademark was gonna be his.  Well, he said it was already his.  lol

At any rate, I also spoke with an expert at the trademark office as well and she told me exactly the same thing.

Prior art applies ONLY to patents, NOT trademarks so we have no case as far as the trademark office system is concerned.

Don't dump your coins out of desperation - if I cannot work out a buyout deal then we will relaunch and I will put together a dev team to relaunch a better coin, with more features and less dilution so everyone should be able to come out ahead, holding a Better coins worth more than what they had prior to Garza launching XPY, with the exception of the coin name, of course, which did nothing for the coin until Garza took his public.

If we don't have a case then anything devs do on this coin to fight Garza could result in a lawsuit when Garxa actually gets the trademark.  I would rather solve this the easy way if possible.  

I hit Garza hard and fast initially, and frankly, I was an asshole cause I thought we had a clear cut case of prior art.  

If anyone wants to file another protest with the trademark office to verify that what I am saying is true then please feel free to do so - it only takes about 10 minutes and you'll get a denial letter in a week.

Mr garza is speaking to me so that's a good sign.  I am hopeful something will be worked out, at least help the PYC community with developing and relaunching a revised [and improved] PYC replacement.

Best regards...

Vlad2Vlad, you fought against and it was great. I see it as a lesson, a lot learned something new here and almost everyone here was glad someone was sticking up against Homero. Paycoin2 will not last that long as his cult is diminishing fast and his coin is tanking.
Asshole, no you were not! A lot of people I have much respect for have major respect for you, and I also have a lot of respect for you. You have been part of the community before the real asshole even knew what bitcoin was. Keep up the good work.
La revedere

cryyptc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:51:42 PM

Josh posted this on Hashtalk.... Any opinion on the accuracy?

Before we choose the name "Paycoin" we did our due diligence. While we found one had been started with the same name, we did not find any activity (sites, forum, etc). We also reached out to the original developer with no response.

After a long period of waiting, we assumed that the coin had been abandoned and moved forward with purchasing all the names rights.

Once we launched Paycoin, some of the original coin holders came forward to express their frustration with our decision. Since then, we have been working with them to find a solution.

I am happy to say we have reached an agreement with them and have their blessing to use the name. Thanks!

I'd love to find out who "them" is. I am PYC coinholder and I know nothing about it. It's a decentralized coin, like almost all other coins, except XPY and other, so not sure who we would have talked to

/\since when? how many you got? when did you buy/mine them?:\ tia

"I'd love to find out who "them" is. I am PYC coinholder and I know nothing about it."

XPY pr team is full of B.S.
Did they post anything on this thread?
Who is "them" that represents "us" Huh

[We/xpy] have their blessing to use the name.

Really?  Show me this blessing that the real Paycoin gave.

/\Vlad obviously calling the shots...how many PYC-COIN you got mate? :\ blest
cryyptc

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:54:55 PM

I guess vlad2vlad managed to get a decent enough payout then.  Roll Eyes

no, i talked to him and he hasn't heard from Garza

b.s. Vlad is the man who submitted the offer...he did the right thing imho! :-) ~now we have fresh developments taking place!!!! //^ez bud
cryyptc

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 02:59:03 PM

So it appears Garza was right when he said the trademark was gonna be his.  Well, he said it was already his.  lol

If we don't have a case then anything devs do on this coin to fight Garza could result in a lawsuit when Garxa actually gets the trademark.  I would rather solve this the easy way if possible.  

Mr garza is speaking to me so that's a good sign.  I am hopeful something will be worked out, at least help the PYC community with developing and relaunching a revised [and improved] PYC replacement.

Best regards...

-^-tl;dr-^-

/\mostly correct glad you finally clarified the deal has been settled. :-) *good times ahead for XPY and PYC!!!!
SDRebel

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 07:55:19 PM

So it appears Garza was right when he said the trademark was gonna be his.  Well, he said it was already his.  lol

If we don't have a case then anything devs do on this coin to fight Garza could result in a lawsuit when Garxa actually gets the trademark.  I would rather solve this the easy way if possible. 

Mr garza is speaking to me so that's a good sign.  I am hopeful something will be worked out, at least help the PYC community with developing and relaunching a revised [and improved] PYC replacement.

Best regards...

i think there's some confusion in the wording. prior art is indeed used for patents. For trademark applications, it asks for "first use" in the industry/related, etc. First use is different than prior art.
Garza and company lied about prior use in their TM application, and thus I believe may be grounds for disqualifying their TM application.
by the way, he keeps saying it's trademarked but it is not (they simply submitted an application)
cryyptc

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 09:57:30 PM

tl;dr

i think there's some confusion in the wording. prior art is indeed used for patents. For trademark applications, it asks for "first use" in the industry/related, etc. First use is different than prior art.
Garza and company lied about prior use in their TM application, and thus I believe may be grounds for disqualifying their TM application.
by the way, he keeps saying it's trademarked but it is not (they simply submitted an application)

/\fact of the matter Vlad reached a fair agreement with Josh and there is a NEW coin being developed via preserving the original PYC chain. ;-) ~thats aLL =*good times*
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
January 10, 2015, 05:04:59 PM

xpy is a stakes coin, no?  (

The real PayCoin is a POW/POS.

A smart business man would have bought as many PYC as he could land then declared all XPY profits will be dividends to PYC.  

Then XPY is the stable 'nubit' and PYC the funding mechanism. 

Win Win.  No problems.  Funny thing is that it is easy to still do.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
johnywalker

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 11:20:20 AM

Paycoin has been added to Comkort exchange!

Three markets are live PYC <-> BTC, LTC, DOGE.

Best buy prices:
0.00000798 BTC per 1 PYC - BTC market
0.00111137 LTC per 1 PYC - LTC market
15.8321098 DOGE per 1 PYC - DOGE market

Happy & Profitable Trading!

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 09:45:06 PM

xpy is a stakes coin, no?  (

The real PayCoin is a POW/POS.

A smart business man would have bought as many PYC as he could land then declared all XPY profits will be dividends to PYC.  

Then XPY is the stable 'nubit' and PYC the funding mechanism. 

Win Win.  No problems.  Funny thing is that it is easy to still do.

That's actually a smart idea.  I'll run it by Garza.

He's been really busy but right now a buyout is looking unlikely.  With Garza getting the PayCoin trademark our best option may be to rebrand and relaunch a better coin.

But I'll see what he says about his other option.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:28:30 AM

Best buy prices:

haveing trouble with withdrawals of paycoin from comkort exchange i did four withdrawals to zenportal about two hours ago and has not been seen on my portal site.Anyone else haveing trouble like this with paycoin there btc works fine
jawitech

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 04:37:58 AM

Best buy prices:

haveing trouble with withdrawals of paycoin from comkort exchange i did four withdrawals to zenportal about two hours ago and has not been seen on my portal site.Anyone else haveing trouble like this with paycoin there btc works fine

There are 2 paycoins. The one from Gaw is XPY, this one is PYC (the old, original paycoin). Even if they have the same name, they are 2 totally different coins and you can't transfer PYC to Zen's XPY wallet. Sorry man...
rasp

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 05:16:35 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 05:27:53 AM by rasp

Best buy prices:

There are 2 paycoins. The one from Gaw is XPY, this one is PYC (the old, original paycoin). Even if they have the same name, they are 2 totally different coins and you can't transfer PYC to Zen's XPY wallet. Sorry man...

no problem thanks.But why do they still only let you withdraw 0.2 at a time they like their fee or what
rasp

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 06:34:54 AM

Best buy prices:

[/quote

so is this the paycoin that is with paybase or is that the gaw paycoin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: