Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:14:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PYC] Paycoin - Going to be hard forked soon!  (Read 90776 times)
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:37:47 AM

Additionally, any trademark considered in use as a generic term is invalid. It can be said that Bitcoin is a generic terms for crypto currency.

™ 's are exactly that - the sole traders use only. as i have stockpix

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 08:47:30 AM

Additionally, any trademark considered in use as a generic term is invalid. It can be said that Bitcoin is a generic terms for crypto currency.

™ 's are exactly that - the sole traders use only. as i have stockpix

Since Bitcoin is used all over the place and never with a ™ and no one ever enforces the use of the symbol, the trademark is worthless and invalid. You have to protect your trademark to keep it.

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
raskul

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:01:55 AM

i dint say bitcoin was ™

tips    1APp826DqjJBdsAeqpEstx6Q8hD4urac8a
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:13:41 AM

Bitcoin is a trademark held by MtGox, on the dubious theory that "better they than someone else". There was some talk about them transferring this to the Foundation, but nothing came of it AFAIK.

So if the foundation still hasn't done anything about this, then shame on them. Bitcoin is then an asset in the bankrupt holdings of MtGox currently controlled by the courts of Japan.

"Bitcoin" is no longer protected and is within the public domain both in law and fact. Specifically, the word is not seen as a viable asset worth protecting by any specific government or court trustee within the scope of the current proceedings as that is not their focus. Likewise, I doubt anyone would be successful in the long term claiming ownership or exclusive use via a trade and/or service mark.

Scott-

You have a link to court ruling, invalidating the registered trademark?

This might be so, but it wasn't like that in the beginning, and that's when someone came up with the idea that they'd put down the cash to register it. MtGox managed to stop them. But this should have been done at inception by the foundation, not left open for whatever business entity to register.

-
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 09:14:55 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 09:40:00 AM by Rakessh

Haha! Are you kidding me? You better make a phone call to Xerox right now and tell them their trademark is FUBAR.

When it comes to trademarks, it is not you and I, who decide the matter of things, but the courts. Do you have a link to a court ruling on this matter?

No? Thank you and good bye.

-
SXCLadies

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 11:05:41 AM

Haha! Are you kidding me? You better make a phone call to Xerox right now and tell them their trademark is FUBAR.

When it comes to trademarks, it is not you and I, who decide the matter of things, but the courts. Do you have a link to a court ruling on this matter?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark_distinctiveness

bayer lost asprin trademark due to it being deemed generic amongst consumers
https://cyber.law.harvard.edu/metaschool/fisher/domain/tmcases/bayer.htm
siampumpkin

Activity: 420
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Actually, it has happen to quite a lot of major brand names, in many countries. Here is a rather long, short list, to start
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_generic_and_genericized_trademarks  Shocked

Buy a Trezor and Protect all your Crypto Currencies from hackers.
If I was helpful please tip me BTC: 3Bt4E78XjcEhCLEQUB6R1ujiQG58DXaazg  ETH: 0xc6541E163A7C513580f4C1897297452c71b44909
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:14:01 PM

I think you need to crack the whip right now. As with all US docs. there is the old under penalty of perjury clause

www.uspto.gov/trademarks/teas/new_teas.pdf

I am quite sure you can find more than enough evidence of Homero J Garza discussing or being told and acknowledging the existence of PYC before he and his attorney filed for the application. In other words they have "willfully provided false statements..."

However since his whole operation is a scam I suspect he plans to pull a runner long before his false application winds its way through the system and simply does not care. Therefore you need to act now and force him to stop using this mark immediately which is what this dubious operation is based on.

SXCLadies

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 12:18:50 PM

I think you need to crack the whip right now. As with all US docs. there is the old under penalty of perjury clause

www.uspto.gov/trademarks/teas/new_teas.pdf

I am quite sure you can find more than enough evidence of Homero J Garza discussing or being told and acknowledging the existence of PYC before he and his attorney filed for the application. In other words they have "willfully provided false statements..."

However since his whole operation is a scam I suspect he plans to pull a runner long before his false application winds its way through the system and simply does not care. Therefore you need to act now and force him to stop using this mark immediately which is what this dubious operation is based on.

if it was there belief that the original paycoin had no legit claim on the tm then wouldn’t that mean that they didn’t provide false statements? Wouldnt they only then need to show their cause for believing no tm applied to this? Just curious as to how this whole tm thing works
maildir
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1060

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:30:02 PM

You would have to be an incredibly pathetic attorney to believe that a mark in use / with prior use is trade mark able. Unless you are relying on your pathological liar client's word that nothing exists out there and you did not do your own due diligence.
IIpeBeD_MeDBeD
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 12:30:50 PM

DANGER! XPY!
THESE IS SCAM and HYPE!

They have no realy investors and nobody buys XPY for 20+$.

Gabralkhan

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 01:06:46 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 03:34:04 PM by Gabralkhan

DANGER! XPY!
THESE IS SCAM and HYPE!

They have no realy investors and nobody buys XPY for 20+$.

Well, try to use sentences and an English that we can understand "These is" ? Huh "realy investors" ? Huh Are you a 6 years old child ?

Why the hell someone would buy a coin for more than 20 $ when it is sold for a maximum of 20 $ by GAW itself anyway ? Thanks for the useless stupid contribution, It helps so much the debate and the credibility of this PYC thread.

800+ BTC volume for XPY in the last 24hrs on coinswap but nobody is buying XPY ?...yeah sure man... It has more volume and is present on more exchanges than PYC ever was in its whole time of existence.

https://coin-swap.net/market/XPY/BTC

I don't know if you wanted to help PYC and its self proclamed owner in his don quichote fight, but i don't think it helps at all to give credibility to this community...
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 03:06:58 PM

Wow this thread has so many knowledgeable noobs that have never been seen before. Amazing! The shill/sock puppet accounts associated with GAW threads must be over half of btctalk at this point.
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 04:50:24 PM

Wow this thread has so many knowledgeable noobs that have never been seen before. Amazing! The shill/sock puppet accounts associated with GAW threads must be over half of btctalk at this point.
Noobs? Go back to your games, kid.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 05:33:16 PM

I noticed that too.

And notice almost all the newbie accounts are defending Garza

Josh garza must have over 50 sock puppets now.  Lol

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 05:33:56 PM

Man, the price got cut in half.  Maybe I should have traded some of my coins yesterday.  Maybe next time.

Sevith

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 05:41:52 PM

Can't I take this over and just SUE gaw?
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2014, 05:43:34 PM

Can't I take this over and just SUE gaw?

If you've got the money and connections then by all means, be my guest. 

The stage is all yours!

bitbollox

Activity: 361
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:13:08 PM

with most people I was duped by gaw and decided to question them on there hashtalk site they poo pooed the claims that this is all a scam, which I expected but then they banned me now this stinks of someone hiding something. Also did you notice on the day of launch they had to at the last change which fork to coin and forked peercoin so xpy is just peercoin with paycoins name
ps as I got banned from the I never got the chance to say Josh is a c**t
cmilian

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2014, 07:31:14 PM

Caution:

The PayCoin price has more than doubled in the past 12 hours.

No doubt we're seeing speculation about what's really going on with PayCoin and why would Josh Garza be trying to work a deal with me [and PayCoin] if he really "owned" the PayCoin trademark like he has been claiming.

I believe in total transparency so here are two important things regarding this matter:

1) Be careful to not overpay for your PayCoins - this whole thing could end at a moment's notice and it could end badly for PayCoin (the Original); however, it could also mean PayCoin holders win and get bought out at a much, much higher price.  

Just don't be impulsive when buying Paycoins at these higher levels - understand the risk involved.

...and

2) I am not trying to pump PayCoin - that's not my M.O. - the last price I sold any Paycoins at was around ~3,500 Satoshi so I have not sold a single coin at this much higher level over the past 12 hours.

Therefore, like some of you, I am very optimistic that we have a very strong case and if the big heavy hitters in cryptoworld realize that this is an attack on all crypto-currencies and it would set a dangerous precedent then I would expect the PayCoin community to get a lot of help from a White Knight and from the crypto media.

Good luck!

I think the price of PYC is going up because there is higher demand, there is higher demand because newbies are confused and think they are buying XPY, or your actually getting bought as we speak.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: